[Jihad] Game Over, Man. Game Over!!! Or is it?

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Whoa! I didn't anticipate the death of ArmyofOne, it didn't fit. But with Silky's last post it now makes since.

I accused Silky and Setaside of accussing each other to throw us off. I expected to be killed for that suggestion but I wasn't Instead ArmyofOne who originally accussed Bakhtosh. First thought was Bakhtosh was the terorrist but then I realized that's exactly what the terrorsit want us to think.

Now you reveal that you are the confused and say it's me and that setaside is innocent. That's really convenient timing. I say you are throwing more confusion in to get the heat off of you.

You say you contacted Mr. Bubbles to work together but he's now dead and can't verify this info. You did not contact setaside when you found out he's not a terrorist but yet he is still alive. Too convenient.

I vote Silky. There is no doubt in my mind now. I just hope the others can see through this charade.
ArmyOfOne

Post by ArmyOfOne »

Atleast I wasn't shot in the back by my own friends. :twisted:

This is kinda cool, can't wait for the next one.
Smutly

Post by Smutly »

I revoke my vote and will further ponder the matter.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Remember, a wrong vote ends the game. Discuss now, vote later.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Seems awfully convenient. You and setaside have been accused of working together before.

The confused hasn't spoken up...so he must be dead, and now you come out with this after you have 2 votes against you...

I can't believe it.

Silky you pay for your crimes now...and Setaside, your partner in crime will be next.

We all see the truth now. Any quick review of your interations with Setaside will reveal you two for who you really are.

Look at who Silky has voted for, how quickly he has jumped on our team members and sent them to their deaths. We only have one shot at this, and we all must work together to send these two to the lowest pit in Hell.

No, McNutt is right, we need to talk about this more. It will take more than "Setaside is innocent and Lassr is guilty" to convince me though.

I withdraw my vote for Silky...for now...
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” -Thomas Jefferson
Finding Red Riding Hood well-armed, the wolf calls for more gun control.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Some more facts and thoughts:
Silky voted for Zekester, so did I.
Setaside cast the only vote for Silky.
And even after it was obvious everyone was going after Zekester
Setaside said
I will not change my vote.

And know that if I'm the one who bites it tonight, the rest of the team should have a good idea as to why.
Of course he knew his vote for Silky wouldn't matter. Sew some confusion. Illogical, why would anyone be convinced it was SIlky even if setaside was offed that night. Anyhow he knew he wouldn't be killed that night because Silky is on his team.

Setaside then voted for Silky in the next round before vorting could start. Of course when the votes counted he voted for Harkonis along with Silky who started the harkonis is the terrorist and needs a sniper shot movement.

I will not recall my vote because I know it's Silky after he accussed me and said he was the confused. His story does not add up. Way too many holes, convenient events to keep him from verifying his story.

Silky gets it now and setaside in the next round. I may be dead after this round so just remember this post!

Edit: And so no one misses what I said earlier because this is too important:
I said
Whoa! I didn't anticipate the death of ArmyofOne, it didn't fit. But with Silky's last post it now makes since.

I accused Silky and Setaside of accussing each other to throw us off. I expected to be killed for that suggestion but I wasn't Instead ArmyofOne who originally accussed Bakhtosh. First thought was Bakhtosh was the terorrist but then I realized that's exactly what the terrorsit want us to think.

Now you reveal that you are the confused and say it's me and that setaside is innocent. That's really convenient timing. I say you are throwing more confusion in to get the heat off of you.

You say you contacted Mr. Bubbles to work together but he's now dead and can't verify this info. You did not contact setaside when you found out he's not a terrorist but yet he is still alive. Too convenient.
Silky

Post by Silky »

Bakhtosh wrote:Seems awfully convenient. You and setaside have been accused of working together before.

The confused hasn't spoken up...so he must be dead, and now you come out with this after you have 2 votes against you...

I can't believe it.

Silky you pay for your crimes now...and Setaside, your partner in crime will be next.

We all see the truth now. Any quick review of your interations with Setaside will reveal you two for who you really are.

Look at who Silky has voted for, how quickly he has jumped on our team members and sent them to their deaths. We only have one shot at this, and we all must work together to send these two to the lowest pit in Hell.

No, McNutt is right, we need to talk about this more. It will take more than "Setaside is innocent and Lassr is guilty" to convince me though.

I withdraw my vote for Silky...for now...
Bakhtosh... are you showing your stripes now? Who exactly have you voted for and sentanced to death? Someone has to be working with Lassr. Of course the two terrorists are going to vote for me.... they have no choice now. They just need one other to convict. I urge... no I plead for the lives already lost, for the 2 remaining soldiers besides myself to NOT vote for me.

I could not have helped anybody earlier by coming forward. I really believed Harkonis was guilty. I put all my chips on it. All we have to go on is what is said on this forum. I have done my best but wound up wrong. No one feels worse for the dead soldiers than me. But WE DO STILL HAVE A CHANCE.
Mr. Flibble says: Game Over boys!
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

I voted for ArmyOfOne until such time as it was inevitable that Zekester was the first one chosen. I could have waited, held my vote and made McNutt call it a plurality. I was the 6th of 6 votes. Silky was 4of6. Lassr was 1of6. Bubbles, Smutly, and Gbasden rounded it out. I clearly filed my vote in protest, to get the game moving and to show solidarity with my team. If a bomb went off, I could not live with myself if I let my team members take that risk without me. I don't think a terrorist would want to attract attention by being the deciding vote.

Round 2, I analyzed the data available to all of us, posted it publicly, and voted 2nd to hold Harkonis, whose behavior I was suspicious of from the beginning, accountable. Silky was the first to accuse Harkonis. Lassr, Setaside, and Smutly rounded out the voting with NO dissenting opinions.

All of that really leaves us in a lurch...because we all look guilty.

But you want to know what the most damning evidence that I've found is? You're gonna love this...
Silky wrote: Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:01 pm
You also have my permission to disclose the secure message that I sent to you last night if you feel it would help your innocence or to condemn me.

Silky wrote: Posted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:57 pm
For the next round I researched setaside. I found him to be innocent as well much to my chagrin. I was hoping he would be guilty because I was not in a position to contact him with this information. He simply would not believe me.
Your FAKE timeline doesn't hold up. You lied.
Silky wrote:Deflection if one of the best ways to get the heat off of you and on to somebody else. Somebody innoncent.
I'm reinstating my vote for Silky. You've proven yourself for what you are: a liar and a killer.
setaside

Post by setaside »

I have plenty to say but not now. And I would urge the rest of you who have not voted yet to wait until you hear what I have to say. It's ... interesting ... to say the least.
setaside

Post by setaside »

And yeah ... I'd like to know why I wasn't informed that you knew I was innocent when it happend. Trust or not if you knew I was innocent it would have been in your best interest to at least contact me and put it out there, sowing doubt in my mind as to your guilt.

The private conversation we had had NOTHING to do with you being the confused one.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

OK. I've been watching this with interest. Especially Silky, given his claim to be the confused. The real story is that I am the confused. msteelers was the first confused, but he was taken out the first night, and the mantle passed to me.

The first night after the mantle passed to me, I searched Setaside's belongings, and he came up clean. This morning, amidst the confusion surrounding the discovery of ArmyofOne, I searched the pack of our good friend Bahktosh, and what should I find but a copy of Jihad for Dummies.

If allowed, I can show proof of these allegations, but I don't know if it's kosher under the game rules. I know this puts me next on the hit list, but this is a hail mary game play anyway.

Bahktosh is a terrorist. Setaside is clean. Obviously, if you believe me, or I am allowed to prove it, this makes Silky *very* suspicious as well.

If the Jihadists come for me in the night, I will at least die knowing that I have done my part to foil their plot. I may have some lingering sympathies for your plight, but I cannot stomach your tactics.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

damn, the twists and turns. So you are saying bakhtosh is a terrorist along with maybe Silky. Why is Bakhtosh voting for Silky? Unless he's sacrificing his comrade to take the suspicion off him.

But the one common thread is it seems obvious to me that Silky is a terrorist!
setaside

Post by setaside »

There's the interesting info ... and why I'm voting for Bakhtosh to be strung up.

This whole situation has become very strange and I honestly don't know what to make of it. I don't know if I'm being played by gbasden. I don't know what angle Bakhtosh is taking by accusing Silky, who has also claimed to be the confused one.

I got a private message from gbasden literally minutes before Silky posted his "revelation", gbasden telling me that he was the confused and that he knew I was innocent. The only other way for this to make any sense would be for gbasden to be in league with Silky. That's the only way for both of them to know for sure that I'm innocent.

But I'm going to believe gbasden for the moment and believe that Silky was throwing out a lucky guess in hopes of saving his skin.

What I don't get is why Bakhtosh is voting for Silky. The only reason I can come up with is that Silky has agree to take the fall so that Bakhtosh can continue unsuspected. Either that or gbasden is actually the other terrorist. Or that gbasden or Silky IS actually the confused one but decided to go over to the other side and all 3 are playing us. Ack!!

Regardless, my vote for Bakhtosh stands. We'll see how it plays out. Either the terrorist are going down or I've been played like a fiddle.

Sorry, edits were for clarity, not vote changes.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

gbasden wrote:
If allowed, I can show proof of these allegations, but I don't know if it's kosher under the game rules..
I pretty sure you cannot reveal PMs from McNutt, that would throw the game because people could then not lie about being the confused.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Lassr wrote:damn, the twists and turns. So you are saying bakhtosh is a terrorist along with maybe Silky. Why is Bakhtosh voting for Silky? Unless he's sacrificing his comrade to take the suspicion off him.

One interesting thing to note is that Bahktosh hasn't *actually* voted for Silky. He did, then retracted it. Misdirection? I have no idea.

Edit: Doh! I missed his reinstatement of his vote.
setaside

Post by setaside »

gbasden wrote:
Lassr wrote:damn, the twists and turns. So you are saying bakhtosh is a terrorist along with maybe Silky. Why is Bakhtosh voting for Silky? Unless he's sacrificing his comrade to take the suspicion off him.

One interesting thing to note is that Bahktosh hasn't *actually* voted for Silky. He did, then retracted it. Misdirection? I have no idea.

Edit: Doh! I missed his reinstatement of his vote.
Actually he reinstated his vote before you posted.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

gbasden,

If a confused member were to receive a PM from me that would not be something I would allow for public display. I'm not sure if that was a serious question or not, but I thought I'd post a rule about that anyway.

Another rule question has come up in PM. If it comes down to one terrorist and one non terrorist the terrorists would win. A terrorist has to be outnumbered to be lynched, but the terrorist can call a good guy one on one. We'll just pretend he blows both of them up.

So far we have 5 good and 2 bad left. My math (and I have a head cold, so forgive me if I'm incorrect) tells me that so long as the confused person does not change sides (assuming he is still alive) the good guys can win if they play the rest of this game with no mistakes.

setaside
Bakhtosh
Mr Bubbles - dead
Lassr
ArmyOfOne - dead
Silky
Zekester - dead
Harkonis
msteelers - dead
Smutly
gbasden
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

McNutt wrote:gbasden,

If a confused member were to receive a PM from me that would not be something I would allow for public display. I'm not sure if that was a serious question or not, but I thought I'd post a rule about that anyway.
I assumed not, but with as many game variations as have been going on I wasn't certain. If this were a RL scenario, and we did find evidence, that evidence could be presented to the group. I assumed that was not the case, but thought I should get clarification.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Think of it this way: If a confused person were to search the belongings of the Jihad member, they would not be able to remove damning items. Even if they did they could never prove it belonged to their target. PMs aren't allowed to be made pulic for this reason and because it's too easy to forge.
PM from God wrote:Curved swords are better for slashing.
See what I mean? :D

edit - going to bed and have a meeting in the morning. Probably won't be able to post until around noon.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I'm off to bed. Can't wait to check this in the morning. I'm not changing my vote now because it is obvious to me tha Silky is a terrorist. I feel gbasden is telling the truth because Silky's comments made no sense.

But I will not change my vote to Bakhtosh yet because with all the twist and turns I can't be 100% sure you are telling the truth, maybe 80% sure. But I am 100% sure that Silky is lying.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

McNutt wrote:Shifting Allegiance
The confused member will be able to identify one person per day as Jihad or not. That person can do what they want with that information. They can choose to join the Jihad or stamp them out. If the confused member is killed it will not be announced that they were the confused member. If they join the Jihad they must do so before the second Jihad member is killed.
There's nothing there about a "mantle" being passed.

At this point, I may need to reconsider my second vote after Silky dies.

I'm thinking Setaside may have simply been duped into playing along with Silky. gbasden will have to answer some serious questions then.

I'm perfectly willing to stand trial before my peers and prove my innocence. But Silky is thrice accused and a proven liar. gbasden's claim of being the confused one is much more believable. I guess they needed time to come up with something coherent after Silky was able to save his skin by coming up with that lie.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

McNutt wrote:Think of it this way. If a confused person were to search the belongings of the Jihad member, they would not be able to remove damning items. Even if they did they could never prove it belonged to their target. PMs aren't allowed to be made pulic for this reason and because it's too easy to forge.
PM from God wrote:Curved swords are better for slashing.
See what I mean? :D
True. And I certainly don't want to get caught with Bahktosh's copy of 29 innovative ways to dispatch the infidel curs.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

And just for the record, there is a nice little slip up in your story too:
gbasden wrote: This morning, amidst the confusion surrounding the discovery of ArmyofOne, I searched the pack of our good friend Bahktosh, and what should I find but a copy of Jihad for Dummies.
Gee, the confused wouldn't know about ArmyOfOne's death until after he had his answer from the night's search.

Do we need any more evidence? These guys are trying their damndest to railroad one more innocent, sealing the game for them. When their railroad of Lassr didn't work out, first Silky shifted some blame to me, then gbasden came in to confirm that suspiscion

Look at my voting record and my statements. I've remained consistant and true to my team, my country, and myself. Compare that to Silky: constantly accusing and lying. And to gbasden: content to sit on the sidelines until his accomplice got into trouble.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Setaside, you just admitted that you don't know if you're being played...

Check out their stories...they don't add up.
Silky

Post by Silky »

For the record I am retracting my vote for Lassr and voting for

Bakhtosh

I believe that I have some explaining to do. I have no idea who is who or what. I am in fact not the confused. A strange set of circumstances has led us to this.

I believed that I was the next to be lynched by the mob. That would mean game over for us brave soldiers. I needed something really desperately to give our team a chance. I thought it very likely that the confused was dead.

I took a gamble. I randomly picked somebody and that someone turned out to be Lassr. I have no more reason to trust or distrust him than anyone else. I thought our odds were better at 3 out of 6 (because I knew I was innocent) then 0% if I had been lynched.

I hope with this that Gbasden and Setaside believe in me as well. I have always believed setaside was innocent due to his actions and that is why I used him in my story. It looks to me like it worked a little bit :D

Good job Gbasden I salute you sir!
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Bakhtosh wrote:And just for the record, there is a nice little slip up in your story too:
gbasden wrote: This morning, amidst the confusion surrounding the discovery of ArmyofOne, I searched the pack of our good friend Bahktosh, and what should I find but a copy of Jihad for Dummies.
Gee, the confused wouldn't know about ArmyOfOne's death until after he had his answer from the night's search.

Do we need any more evidence? These guys are trying their damndest to railroad one more innocent, sealing the game for them. When their railroad of Lassr didn't work out, first Silky shifted some blame to me, then gbasden came in to confirm that suspiscion

Look at my voting record and my statements. I've remained consistant and true to my team, my country, and myself. Compare that to Silky: constantly accusing and lying. And to gbasden: content to sit on the sidelines until his accomplice got into trouble.
That's called color? Like your description of remaining true to country, etc?

It seems a lot less in the spirit of the game to say that the moderator told me that you were a jihadist. But if that's the way you want it...
setaside

Post by setaside »

I'm leaving my vote as is.

either we will have our guys or we've all been screwed.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Okay, here's the real truth:

I'm the confused.

Before the game started, I noticed that Zeke wasn't posting. After seeing what happened in the other werewolf thread where clanwolfer was a wolf, but missed half of the game, I was suspicious of such a normally prolific poster. I searched his effects and found out he was innocent. That's why I was so public in my defense of him. In order to not stand out in my voting, I decided to vote for Zeke, hoping that my slip up hadn't alerted the Terrorists.

That night, I searched Smutly. Some of his actions (going covert just before the first turn started, bringing up the Sniper Shot for poor Zeke, repeatedly giving reasons to vote for Zeke) made me suspicious. He, too was innocent, but I chose to not notify him as long as he wasn't voting for a confirmed innocent, and no one was wasting a vote on him.

Last night, I searched Silky. He was so quick to accuse Harkonis: wasting our only sniper shot - and some of the things he said in PM made me want to check him out. Sure enough, he was playing the front man: Guilty!

If gbasden hadn't come out of the woodwork when he did (as I caught Silky in his lies without revealing myself), I would have searched Setaside for my final proof, coming out clean, we would have been left with gbasden and Smutly to choose from in the morning...assuming I was still around (the reason I didn't out myself).

The one thing we know for sure: Silky is a terrorist, and gbasden is covering for him.
setaside

Post by setaside »

Bakhtosh wrote:Do we need any more evidence? These guys are trying their damndest to railroad one more innocent, sealing the game for them. When their railroad of Lassr didn't work out, first Silky shifted some blame to me, then gbasden came in to confirm that suspiscion
The thing that doesn't make sense here is that I was told BEFORE Silky went after Lassr that you were a terrorist. How does that play into gbasden trying to railroad Lassr? If they are working together, why would gbasden not tell me that you were the guilty one, not Lassr?
setaside

Post by setaside »

Okay ... WTF?!

This whole game is based on lies and deception ... DAMN YOU ALL!!!!
Silky

Post by Silky »

Good night all. Hopefully we can catch up in the morning. Oh and nice job btw Bakhtosh.... swinging to the last.... I hope you use your explosive pack on me so I won't need to explain myself over and over again to Gbasden and setaside.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

And yet, you voted for Lassr and held that vote until gbasden came public.
Silky

Post by Silky »

Bakhtosh wrote:And yet, you voted for Lassr and held that vote until gbasden came public.
I am slow Bakhtosh... what exactly does that prove? I think all the remaining true solders have to decide is who YOU were trying to protect. You obviously were not trying to protect me...

I held my vote for Lassr for the same reasons I gave earlier... you know the one 50% chance vs 0% chance. I really hope the remaining one true soldier can weave through this mess and vote confidently for you.

I urge everyone and especially setaside and gbasden to re-read this entire thread. I hope you will see that my actions and words were consistant with the caviat that I lied to give the team a chance. Hopefully they will see that yes in fact I did lie about being the confused to save the lives of the team. I am just glad the calvary finally came along. It was getting pretty lonely out there.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Bakhtosh wrote:Before the game started, I noticed that Zeke wasn't posting. After seeing what happened in the other werewolf thread where clanwolfer was a wolf, but missed half of the game, I was suspicious of such a normally prolific poster. I searched his effects and found out he was innocent. That's why I was so public in my defense of him.
Which is why you so vigorously defended him by saying things like:
Bakhtosh wrote:As for Zekester, no terrorist would sit out this long, and still keep silent after getting 5 votes...unless it was a ploy by the terrorists to use the bomb belt early and try for an early lead - negating the head shot. Damn...I'd just convinced myself that it's not Zeke, and now I'm not so sure.
Wow. Such a strong defense, since you say you "knew" he was innocent.
Smutly

Post by Smutly »

Damn it. There is too much info here to read and I have to go to work. I did read where gbadsen said the "mantle was passed" and he was now the confused one. WTF? Is that a part of the rules that if one confused dies then we get another one? I'll have to go back and read the rules, but I don't remember that.

No voting from me until this evening. Sorry, guys.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Smutly wrote:Damn it. There is too much info here to read and I have to go to work. I did read where gbadsen said the "mantle was passed" and he was now the confused one. WTF? Is that a part of the rules that if one confused dies then we get another one? I'll have to go back and read the rules, but I don't remember that.

No voting from me until this evening. Sorry, guys.
Yes, that's why I didn't change my vote to bakhtosh because I didn't think the the confused role could be passed on if he was eliminated on the first night. That just doesn't make sense. I can't find in the rules where this is stated.
Silky

Post by Silky »

I believe this should be easy enough to resolve. McNutt is it in fact possible for the mantle to be passed on to another player if he dies the first night with no opportunity to help the team?

I am also really surprised that you haven't voted for Bakhtosh. You will want to make it seem like you have no idea he is the terrorist. And yes you know who you are.
Silky

Post by Silky »

Bakhtosh wrote:Okay, here's the real truth:

I'm the confused.

Before the game started, I noticed that Zeke wasn't posting. After seeing what happened in the other werewolf thread where clanwolfer was a wolf, but missed half of the game, I was suspicious of such a normally prolific poster. I searched his effects and found out he was innocent. That's why I was so public in my defense of him. In order to not stand out in my voting, I decided to vote for Zeke, hoping that my slip up hadn't alerted the Terrorists.

That night, I searched Smutly. Some of his actions (going covert just before the first turn started, bringing up the Sniper Shot for poor Zeke, repeatedly giving reasons to vote for Zeke) made me suspicious. He, too was innocent, but I chose to not notify him as long as he wasn't voting for a confirmed innocent, and no one was wasting a vote on him.

Last night, I searched Silky. He was so quick to accuse Harkonis: wasting our only sniper shot - and some of the things he said in PM made me want to check him out. Sure enough, he was playing the front man: Guilty!

If gbasden hadn't come out of the woodwork when he did (as I caught Silky in his lies without revealing myself), I would have searched Setaside for my final proof, coming out clean, we would have been left with gbasden and Smutly to choose from in the morning...assuming I was still around (the reason I didn't out myself).

The one thing we know for sure: Silky is a terrorist, and gbasden is covering for him.
That is indeed a nice try Bakhtosh. Should I pick it apart like you attempted to pick apart my lie? No I don't think I will. The true soldiers can easily see through your lies.

How is it that I wasted the sniper shot exaclty? Didn't you and your accomplice both vote on it as well? I know you are surprised that setaside and myself were not tearing at each other and making your job easier. You felt so sure that it was in the bag. My how things can change.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Silky wrote:I believe this should be easy enough to resolve. McNutt is it in fact possible for the mantle to be passed on to another player if he dies the first night with no opportunity to help the team?
If msteelers had been the original confused one (he died at the beginning of the game) I probably would have named someone else the confused one, but I if I did this I would do it immediately and not on the second or third day.

That does not mean that msteelers was the original confused one.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Silky wrote: I am also really surprised that you haven't voted for Bakhtosh. You will want to make it seem like you have no idea he is the terrorist. And yes you know who you are.
If I changed my vote then Bakhtosh is dead before a lot of things can be clarified. Why are you in a hurry for me to change my vote?

I'm off to a meeting. I'll be back in an hour or so.