[Jihad] Game Over, Man. Game Over!!! Or is it?

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Smutly

Post by Smutly »

In honor of Zekester I would vote for whomever he accused before his death. The problem is that the guy didn't accuse anyone.

Mr. Bubbles' last commentary before his decapitation was that perhaps setaside was "slow in responding....because he was building some bombs." The next thing you know, poor Mr. Bubbles is dead.

Consider yourself under suspicion, setaside (and if I go next directly or by bomb consider that as further evidence against him).
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Harkonis wrote:
Mr Bubbles wrote:*with his last breath Mr Bubbles coughs up blood* Avenge me my brothers
I'm a little disturbed by finding a severed head coughing up blood and talking!

edit: and if you can talk, tell us who the hell did this to you! ;)
Ummm well ummm it was a flash back ummm yeah.. thats it .. Now I must head to the light... Head to the light.. damn where is the light.. Oh oh... Im in trouble... the wrong light is lit..
Silky

Post by Silky »

I would like to construct a chain of events. They may not mean anything of themselves or they could be damning. I will leave that for you to decide.

I cast some suspicion on Harkonis and Smutly for no good reason. Well actually to initiate dialog and get the ball moving. Mr. Bubbles follows with an accusation of Smutly. Harkonis defends himself from my baseless accusations which he rightly should.

Setaside goes to defend Harkonis' honor and votes for my death.

Bakhtosh votes for ArmyofOne. Harkonis votes for Bakhtosh with the incorrect statement of:

I've decided to vote for Bakhtosh since he's the first one I see that voted for someone without giving any real reason for the suspicion.

ArmyofOne votes against Bakhtosh (probably just in retaliation) and makes the strange claim he wants Bakhtosh's ranger pudding.

Setaside makes a fatalistic comment on how he will not change his vote and if he dies the rest of the team know who to blame.

Harkonis agrees with Setaside and leaves the area of operation

Harkonis lashes out at the team in frustration for the wrongful death of Zekester.

Setaside is more convinced then ever of my guilt and votes to have me silenced. I make some interesting comments on this and Harkonis goes to the defense of setaside.

Mr. Bubbles has some doubts about setasides behavior

Mr. Bubbles was killed by the terrorists

Now that is the chain of events. Here is where my hopefully well thought out theory comes into place. Harkonis and Setaside are clearly acting in tandem. Why they would do this I do not know. We have a "don't ask, don't tell" policy in effect. Setaside has said and done some things that makes me question if he is in fact a terrorist. If Setaside were to die the focus would probably shift to me. If I were to die the focus would probably shift to Setaside. I layed out some reasons why I believe Setaside was foolish for picking me. I did this in the hopes of saving his skin because I would surely be the next to go if he died. It gave the terrorists something to think about and think they did.

Setaside, ArmyofOne, and Harkonis were the three people NOT to vote for Zekester. They did not need to. He was doomed anyway for being AWOL.
ArmyofOne and Harkonis were already seen by Bakhtosh to be working together. I think I demonstrated that Setaside and Harkonis were as well.
The common person in this tragedy is Harkonis. It is will some measure of certainty that I will now vote for the terrorist...

Harkonis
edit to include Sniper Shot
Mr. Flibble says: Game Over boys!
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Mr. Bubbles, we will not leave without you. We never leave a man behind. As soon as we dispatch these pig-shagging terrorists, we'll complete this mission (obviously a critical target since they're willing to risk everything to keep it safe), and carry you, Zeke, and Mr Steelers home to the burial and honors you deserve.

"You blew bubbles and cleaned your gun
"You made us laugh and were a lot of fun

"You were wicked good at killing Mullahs
"You liked hanging out with the fellas

"We never hung out much; that makes me sad
"All the good times we could've had

"But when I die, Mr. Bubbles, you better say, 'Cheers!'
"'Cause me and you are hanging at the pearly gates

"I'll bring the beers, I'll bring the beers"
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” -Thomas Jefferson
Finding Red Riding Hood well-armed, the wolf calls for more gun control.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Silky, good post. You mentioned everyone I've been eyeing...but sorry to say I also was listing you as a possible terrorist.

I'm not going to vote now until I gather more evidence, and see if a sniper shot is warranted this early.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

I have a pretty strong suspicion about one person, and a gut feeling about someone else...but I'm going to see how this recon mission turns out before I cast my vote.

Dammit Lassr, quit reading my mind. :P
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Bakhtosh wrote:
Dammit Lassr, quit reading my mind. :P
Wish I could read your mind! Then I'd know if I got a team mate or a terrorist in disguise.

You seem clean now, but I'll keep my eye on you.
Silky

Post by Silky »

Lassr wrote:Silky, good post. You mentioned everyone I've been eyeing...but sorry to say I also was listing you as a possible terrorist.

I'm not going to vote now until I gather more evidence, and see if a sniper shot is warranted this early.
No hard feelings at all Lassr. I should be eyed as a possible terrorist to all who do not know who the terrorists are (aka themselves). I cannot tell anyone for a fact that Harkonis is a terrorist. Based on certain evidence I feel it is likely. If someone has real information I would be willing to change my vote.

I think that Setaside has been framed. The framing involves both Setaside and myself so everyone should be keeping a leary eye on us two. But with a little bit of twisted logic I am inclined to believe that Setaside is not a terrorist. It is too risky to expose oneself like that. I hopefully do offer some small thing in the way of proof. If Harkonis is lynched and found to be a terrorist then I think I would be exonorated. If he is a hardcore soldier that is trying to do his job then it would go bad on me. I had an error in judgement that will at least cost me the respect of my team and likely my life. It is always risky trying to find out who the terrorists are among us. The more people who doubt me the safer I will be. If enough people believe that I am a true soldier then I am as dead as a coffin nail.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Harkonis wrote:woot! I'm a terrorist!

edit: oh wait, hasn't started yet...
Harkonis wrote:I'm a terrorist, just hang me now.
Jokes...or misdirection?
Harkonis wrote: Once again though, I won't put up much of a defense yet, the above is what you'll get until we're further along. Early on you either get hanged or you don't, and I don't want to waste my efforts early when I will need them late.

edit: oh, and apparently I'm safe if I say 'Fuck Yeah!'? ok then.... Fuck Yeah! :ninja:
Just wondering why he'll need to defend himself later...
Harkonis wrote:I've decided to vote for Bakhtosh since he's the first one I see that voted for someone without giving any real reason for the suspicion.
Harkonis wrote:I concur with Setaside, I don't think silence (or talking for that matter depending on what is said) makes any real difference for the first vote. I'm sticking with my vote since I had a real reason to pick who I picked.
Harkonis wrote:edited out since my logic was flawed
Or because I was hitting too close to home?
Harkonis wrote::shock: I think I'll wake up! or am I dreaming this?
Of course you will, Harkonis (sniper shot), you're the Terrorist.
Harkonis wrote:His innocent blood is on your hands!
And may his innocent blood be the last on our hands. The blood of Mr Steelers and Mr. Bubbles are on yours. You die today.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

I have momentarily come back from the dead. It has taken all my strength, but this is important. Listen close.

IT'S NOT MR. STEELERS...IT'S JUST MSTEELERS...THAT'S IT!!

You bastards...
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Damn...how did I miss that all this time? Msteelers, we barely knew you...
setaside

Post by setaside »

Silky wrote:I would like to construct a chain of events. They may not mean anything of themselves or they could be damning. I will leave that for you to decide.
Excellent. These are good to build from.
Setaside goes to defend Harkonis' honor and votes for my death.
Wrong. I was not defending Harkonis' honor. I was defending Harkonis and Smutly from baseless accusations.
Setaside makes a fatalistic comment on how he will not change his vote and if he dies the rest of the team know who to blame.
This was me refusing to jump on the zekester bandwagon, which I'm glad I didn't. I can now be seen, hopefully, as somebody who didn't waver when the votes started to pour in for an innocent man. I was the 4th person to vote. My vote made it a 4-way tie. My vote was not because I had some premonition that zekester would be strung up. I was also the first person, IIRC, to jump to his defense ... BEFORE he had a majority. I was trying to divert what I believed to be a wrong decision.
Harkonis agrees with Setaside and leaves the area of operation
I'm not particularly fond of being grouped in with Hark at this point since I'm still not convinced of his innocence either. This is disturbing.
Harkonis lashes out at the team in frustration for the wrongful death of Zekester.
As he should have.
Setaside is more convinced then ever of my guilt and votes to have me silenced.
This was in large part due to your comment of ... "should we take a closer look at the three that did not vote for Zekester... Those that might know he is innocent soldier trying to do his job? What better way for a group of terrorists to sow diversion into this elite fighting unit? "

In my opinion it was a shady comment meant to put the spotlight on myself, Harkonis and ArmyOfOne. This obviously raised my suspicion of you even more, thus my keeping the course and asking to bring you up for interrogation.
I make some interesting comments on this and Harkonis goes to the defense of setaside.
Again, this makes me a tad bit uncomfortable to have somebody suspicious come to my defense. If Hark is a terrorist, he's playing the part well.
Mr. Bubbles has some doubts about setasides behavior
Which I don't get. Slow in responding? I was 4th to implicate in the first round. I sure as hell wasn't slow to implicate in the second round. Hell, I even jumped the gun.
This was truly unfortunate. I realized immediately that I could end up a target because of it. I also think that the terrorists realize this and that is why they chose Bubbles. Deflection if one of the best ways to get the heat off of you and on to somebody else. Somebody innoncent.
Now that is the chain of events. Here is where my hopefully well thought out theory comes into place. Harkonis and Setaside are clearly acting in tandem.
Not true. In fact the only person I've received any private communication from is ... not Hark.
Why they would do this I do not know. We have a "don't ask, don't tell" policy in effect. Setaside has said and done some things that makes me question if he is in fact a terrorist. If Setaside were to die the focus would probably shift to me. If I were to die the focus would probably shift to Setaside. I layed out some reasons why I believe Setaside was foolish for picking me. I did this in the hopes of saving his skin because I would surely be the next to go if he died. It gave the terrorists something to think about and think they did.
They sure did. I just hope that their attempt to deflect attention on to me fails.
Setaside, ArmyofOne, and Harkonis were the three people NOT to vote for Zekester. They did not need to. He was doomed anyway for being AWOL.
At the time, I had no idea Zekester was AWOL. In fact, at that point, nobody on the team knew what was going on. We had spent several days in the dark. Zeke wasn't the only person not talking details before events started. I was rather quiet as well simply because it made no sense to talk about something we knew nothing about. I chalked it up to that. I made my vote based on other criteria. And the moment I noticed Zeke was being piled on, I spoke up. Every member of the team deserved a chance to defend himself. It's unfortunate that Zeke didn't return to the team in time to do so.
ArmyofOne and Harkonis were already seen by Bakhtosh to be working together.
Entirely possible.
I think I demonstrated that Setaside and Harkonis were as well.
Not really.
The common person in this tragedy is Harkonis. It is will some measure of certainty that I will now vote for the terrorist...

Harkonis
edit to include Sniper Shot
Of this I don't know.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

msteelers wrote:I have momentarily come back from the dead. It has taken all my strength, but this is important. Listen close.

IT'S NOT MR. STEELERS...IT'S JUST MSTEELERS...THAT'S IT!!

You bastards...
*ghostly voice* And here i thought it was Ms. Teelers. How embarrassing. I take my mistake with me to the grave.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

OK, I'm convinced that Harkonis is one of the terrorists. His comments are just too suspicious to me. If he's innocent then he used the wrong tactics to prove it.

Harkonis (Sniper Shot)
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Setaside - Harkonis*
Bakhtosh - Harkonis*
Lassr - Harkonis*
ArmyOfOne
Silky - Harkonis*
Harkonis
Smutly - Harkonis*
gbasden

* = sniper shot

You guys still have two terrorists in your midst. This is when you need to make it count. A couple more mistakes and freedom will be lost.
Silky

Post by Silky »

Setaside is more convinced then ever of my guilt and votes to have me silenced.
This was in large part due to your comment of ... "should we take a closer look at the three that did not vote for Zekester... Those that might know he is innocent soldier trying to do his job? What better way for a group of terrorists to sow diversion into this elite fighting unit? "

In my opinion it was a shady comment meant to put the spotlight on myself, Harkonis and ArmyOfOne. This obviously raised my suspicion of you even more, thus my keeping the course and asking to bring you up for interrogation.
This was truly unfortunate. I realized immediately that I could end up a target because of it. I also think that the terrorists realize this and that is why they chose Bubbles. Deflection if one of the best ways to get the heat off of you and on to somebody else. Somebody innoncent.

Setaside,

I would like to point out that I have not ever voted for you, smutly, or ArmyofOne. Why would you need to rush to a defense when an attack did not exist? I am also curious as to why you find my comments shady in one breath and in the next you see the wisdom of it when Mr. Bubbles gets killed.

You also have my permission to disclose the secure message that I sent to you last night if you feel it would help your innocence or to condemn me.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

A thought just came to me, could setaside and silky be clever enough to both be terrorists and they are exchanging these accusation dialogs to throw up a smoke screen.

I dunno, just saying. it's a dangerous plot if true because it could lead to one of them biting the bullet...but who said terrorists were rational.

I'm sticking with Harkonis but this could get interesting and very dangerous if I'm wrong about him.
Silky

Post by Silky »

Lassr wrote:A thought just came to me, could setaside and silky be clever enough to both be terrorists and they are exchanging these accusation dialogs to throw up a smoke screen.

I dunno, just saying. it's a dangerous plot if true because it could lead to one of them biting the bullet...but who said terrorists were rational.

I'm sticking with Harkonis but this could get interesting and very dangerous if I'm wrong about him.
Interesting idea that everyone should consider. I think the truth about that will be known soon enough.
setaside

Post by setaside »

Silky wrote: Setaside,

I would like to point out that I have not ever voted for you, smutly, or ArmyofOne. Why would you need to rush to a defense when an attack did not exist? I am also curious as to why you find my comments shady in one breath and in the next you see the wisdom of it when Mr. Bubbles gets killed.

You also have my permission to disclose the secure message that I sent to you last night if you feel it would help your innocence or to condemn me.
Here's the deal though, you don't have to have voted for me for me to be suspicious. And your comment most assuredly was an implication of potential guilt, veiled or not. Why would I not defend myself if I felt as though I was being implicated in an innocent death.

And my explaination regarding Mr. Bubbles comment has nothing to do with who did or didn't vote for zekester's death. It was me stating that I knew I would be a potential target since I was the person Bubbles cast suspicion on right before his death. That has nothing to do with you casting doubt on me because I didn't vote for who you voted for.

And I don't feel the need to disclose your message to me. It doesn't add any evidence in either direction. It was simply a comment in response to your implication that Harkonis and I are working in tandem that you were the only person that I had had any sort of communication with outside of the group.

As far as my vote goes, you and Hark are at the top of my suspect list. Hark for laying too many verbal/written clues and for just acting shifty in general. You for the twisting of words and the scheming that I continue to see right in front of my very eyes. If you are not a terrorist, then I really wish you would drop the twisting of words ploy as it's only solidifying my stance against you. It's not helping our situation.

I'm not sold on Harkonis but it appears as though there will be a majority vote for him. Since he is second on my list of suspects, I will go along with a vote for Harkonis. But know, Silky, that if he ends up innocent, I will be renewing my vigor for your further interrogation. I will not be voting for a sniper shot however as I'm not completely convinced.
Smutly

Post by Smutly »

Harkonis (sniper shot), I must speak frankly to you for once. I have tried to avoid it, for I know how irritable you are; but now I must tell you the truth. You have no conception how much you injure yourself by your officiousness. You complain of the terrorists, ay, of the Jihad itself--you cry them down and maintain that you have been slighted, persecuted. But what else can you expect, with your impossible disposition? Yes, Harkonis, you are an impossible man to work with. I know that from experience. You have no consideration for any one or any thing --and I can see that you are again seeking an outlet for your pugnacity. You want to make an onslaught on your superiors--that is an old habit of yours. You cannot endure any authority over you; you look askance at any one who holds a higher post than your own; you regard him as a personal enemy--and then you care nothing what kind of weapon you use against him. I have shown you how much is at stake for the U.S., and consequently for me too. And therefore I warn you, Harkonis, that I am inexorable in the demand I am about to make of you! DIE, PIG DOG!!!
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

It was getting late and Harkonis was hungry. He pulled out a meal bar and sat down at the fire to keep warm as the cold of night grew. Since he wasn't expecting a long mission he packed lightly. This was his second-to-last meal bar and it tasted great. As he looked down at the wrapper in his hands he saw his chest explode. He never heard the gunshot behind him. The team rushed to the campfire to search the body.

"What have we done," Smutly shouted. A loyal friend had been killed by men who didn't have the guts to look him in the eye. Harkonis had always been there for them. Who was there when he needed help? This man was no terrorist.

Terrorists, give me your next victim. It's down to the wire, folks.

setaside
Bakhtosh
Mr Bubbles - dead
Lassr
ArmyOfOne
Silky
Zekester - dead
Harkonis - dead
msteelers - dead
Smutly
gbasden
Smutly

Post by Smutly »

Gawddammit!
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

WHAT!! Son of a Bitch! I suck at this.

Well, that turns my suspicions on 2 others. We've got to get it right this time team.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Son of a bitch...

Okay, if anyone has any evidence, we need it now. Tomorrow morning is going to very bleak.

Edit: I told you to quit doing that...
Harkonis

Post by Harkonis »

edited to include spoiler tags since I was killed before I could respond to my accusers :(
Spoiler:
Bakhtosh wrote:
Harkonis wrote:woot! I'm a terrorist!

edit: oh wait, hasn't started yet...
Harkonis wrote:I'm a terrorist, just hang me now.
Jokes...or misdirection?
Harkonis wrote:
first of all that last quote is out of context and you left off the part where I said IF I'm a terrorist, just hang me now. Nice of you to see it in such a way. :P

Speaking of which, if I WAS a terrorist I would have voted for Zekester because the last thing you want is to stand out. Not voting for an innocent when everyone else does makes you stand out. The only reason I didn't do this was I really though he was innocent AND DIDN'T WANT HIM TO DIE. I was hoping that by sticking to my vote some of the more gung ho of you would stop and think before pulling the trigger. Killing someone because they hadn't talked at the beginning of the game was a pretty lame reason imo. The game took so long to start he may have forgotten we were playing.

I tend to get suspicious of the people who overanalyze things early on, because it reeks of misdirection.
edit: odd, my spoiler tag skills suck. anyway, don't read it if you don't want to :P I'm ALWAYS shifty... it's who I am. I was being myself and I have a odd sense of humor.
I loved DP too! :P - ChesspieceFace
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Gah...I meant to put "..." on the front of that quote...honestly. Of course, anyone who want to could quickly check the quote.

My point still stands (even if I was wrong) that your actions truly stunk of acting like a terrorist so we wouldn't think you were.

Sorry about that...I probably won't wake up in the morning... :(
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

By my calculations the next group pick has to be correct or else the terrorists when.

Right now there are 2 terrorists and 5 good guys. Tonight one good guy will die, leaveing 2 terrorists and 4 good guys. If the good guys pick a terrorist tomorrow then that terrorist will die and take a good guy with him, leaving 1 terrorist and 3 good guys. One of them will die during the night. leaving 1 terrorist and 2 good guys. The 2 must then correctly pick the last terrorist. If it doesn't follow that sequence then the game is lost. Of course even that could get screwed if the consfused one is stil alive AND decides to turn.
Smutly

Post by Smutly »

We're fuckin' 0 for 4. Unbelievable.
setaside

Post by setaside »

Unless the sympathizer has already turned. Then the rest of the team is already screwed.

Sympathizer, if you're still with us ... I'll give you my secret recipe for the best brownies ever if you stay with the team. Please!!
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

This exchange should be the best yet. Don't be flippant with your vote. Two of your teammates are not who they say they are and they're about to kill somebody.
Smutly

Post by Smutly »

setaside wrote:Unless the sympathizer has already turned. Then the rest of the team is already screwed.

Sympathizer, if you're still with us ... I'll give you my secret recipe for the best brownies ever if you stay with the team. Please!!
I think he turned against us from the beginning. That's a pretty big advantage they would have against us, but that would never stop Jack Bauer.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

We either need to grossly overanalyze this next vote, get some good information from the "confused", or draw lots. Hell, picking someone at random may be more accurate...
setaside

Post by setaside »

Smutly wrote:
setaside wrote:Unless the sympathizer has already turned. Then the rest of the team is already screwed.

I think he turned against us from the beginning. That's a pretty big advantage they would have against us, but that would never stop Jack Bauer.
If he did, then we're done.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

McNutt wrote:This exchange should be the best yet. Don't be flippant with your vote. Two of your teammates are not who they say they are and they're about to kill somebody.
Can we get a hint? :D

I'll give you my Soft Taco Cassarole recipie...
Silky

Post by Silky »

I am sorry that I mistrusted you Harkonis. I hope that you can forgive me when it is all over. I figured all of the time we spent together in Basic that I would be better able to read your moods.

The confused is an interesting twist to this story. Once the terrorists strike and he is still alive then the fit really hits the shan.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Where are the terrorists? I want to find out if I wake up before I have to head out...

Of course, if the confused is still alive and on our team, he MUST let us know who both of the bad guys are in the morning...
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

The camp is a wreck as you wake from a half sleep. You are the first to open your eyes and see ArmyOfOne's body in the middle of the camp, as though it was a message. He was a good friend.

Who deserves to die for this horrible crime?
setaside

Post by setaside »

Well, so much for the whole ... ArmyOfOne/Harkonis terrorist plot.
Smutly

Post by Smutly »

I believe that setsaside has accused Silky twice in order to purposefully hide his relationship with him. Silky has consistently voted for innocent men (Harkonis, Zekester, and also myself -- of course). He's also given lots of detailed analysis which I interpret as bullshit to cover his terrorist ass. Although Gbadsen has also accused innocent men, his and Lassr's participation has been lower than the other two.

My gut tells me that setaside and Silky are terrorist bastards. Bakhtosh could be since he was gunning for AoO and Harkonis (and professing their collaboration).

For now, I have to go with Silky. I expect setaside to be consistent with his previous two votes and join me in voting for Silky. If he does not then I want an explanation. Even if he is the terrorist he probably realizes that going against his previous votes will put the magnifying glass on him so he'll vote for Silky anyway.
Silky

Post by Silky »

Well the game is certainly on the line so I have no choice but to reveal all. The terrorists are not out of the woods yet. I am the confused but I have been terribly unlucky. My first attempt to determine who was a terrorist was to investigate Mr. Bubbles. I did not have great reason for this but did it in a random fashion. Mr. Bubbles of course came back clean. I contacted him and told him this. We decided to work together.

For the next round I researched setaside. I found him to be innocent as well much to my chagrin. I was hoping he would be guilty because I was not in a position to contact him with this information. He simply would not believe me. Mr. Bubbles was killed and then ArmyofOne who was another one of my prime suspects. I finally hit pay dirt on one. Unfortunatly for us all it is Lassr . I of course will be killed after this vote with no way to determine who the last one is. It is at least a chance. Let the remaining innocent one work with setaside to see this matter through for us all.