[Jihad] Game Over, Man. Game Over!!! Or is it?

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Silky

Post by Silky »

Lassr wrote:
Silky wrote: I am also really surprised that you haven't voted for Bakhtosh. You will want to make it seem like you have no idea he is the terrorist. And yes you know who you are.
If I changed my vote then Bakhtosh is dead before a lot of things can be clarified. Why are you in a hurry for me to change my vote?

I'm off to a meeting. I'll be back in an hour or so.
I'm sorry Lassr... did I mention you by name?
Mr. Flibble says: Game Over boys!
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

gbasden wrote:
Bakhtosh wrote:Before the game started, I noticed that Zeke wasn't posting. After seeing what happened in the other werewolf thread where clanwolfer was a wolf, but missed half of the game, I was suspicious of such a normally prolific poster. I searched his effects and found out he was innocent. That's why I was so public in my defense of him.
Which is why you so vigorously defended him by saying things like:
Bakhtosh wrote:As for Zekester, no terrorist would sit out this long, and still keep silent after getting 5 votes...unless it was a ploy by the terrorists to use the bomb belt early and try for an early lead - negating the head shot. Damn...I'd just convinced myself that it's not Zeke, and now I'm not so sure.
Wow. Such a strong defense, since you say you "knew" he was innocent.
Hello pot, kettle calling...

To which I replied:
In order to not stand out in my voting, I decided to vote for Zeke, hoping that my slip up hadn't alerted the Terrorists.
As the true confused, I knew that my defense of someone THEY knew was innocent would stand out, so I changed my vote, hoping to not paint a target on my back. I needed a reason to change my vote, so I used the same reasoning I'd used for examining Zekester in the first place.

I've refuted every shred of evidence you and Silky have thrown at me. The fact remains that the two of you have been lying why would a loyal team member need to do that?

Of course, you both knew that Setaside was innocent. There are two people on this team who know exactly who all the innocents are. It makes it very easy for them to pretend to be "confused" in private.
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” -Thomas Jefferson
Finding Red Riding Hood well-armed, the wolf calls for more gun control.
Silky

Post by Silky »

McNutt wrote:
Silky wrote:I believe this should be easy enough to resolve. McNutt is it in fact possible for the mantle to be passed on to another player if he dies the first night with no opportunity to help the team?
If msteelers had been the original confused one (he died at the beginning of the game) I probably would have named someone else the confused one, but I if I did this I would do it immediately and not on the second or third day.

That does not mean that msteelers was the original confused one.
You mean this information Lassr? Go ahead and vote for your buddy. What is your excuse now?

I can hear Bakhtosh's wheels turning from here. He is desperately trying to see how he can spin it so that I am at least a little bit of a suspect after his bomb goes off and Lassr picks another target.
setaside

Post by setaside »

Bakhtosh wrote:Of course, you both knew that Setaside was innocent.
If you're the confused, how would you know that I'm innocent? You said yourself, you didn't get a chance to search my things. For all you know, I'm in league with them. Which is of course impossible if they are the terrorists and you are the confused.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Silky wrote:
Bakhtosh wrote:And yet, you voted for Lassr and held that vote until gbasden came public.
I am slow Bakhtosh... what exactly does that prove? I think all the remaining true solders have to decide is who YOU were trying to protect. You obviously were not trying to protect me...
I guess you are slow. I was talking to Setaside who's informed us that he "learned about me" before you submitted your attempt to railroad Lassr.
Silky wrote: I held my vote for Lassr for the same reasons I gave earlier... you know the one 50% chance vs 0% chance. I really hope the remaining one true soldier can weave through this mess and vote confidently for you.
You held your vote for Lassr until I picked apart your lies and realizing that you'd been caught, gbasden stepped in with a better constructed lie, but repeated one of the same lies you used in yours:
Silky wrote:Mr. Bubbles was killed and then ArmyofOne who was another one of my prime suspects. I finally hit pay dirt on one.
gbasden wrote:This morning, amidst the confusion surrounding the discovery of ArmyofOne, I searched the pack of our good friend Bahktosh
In their scheming, they forgot that there was no way for the chosen to know about ArmyOfOne until after the chosen's decision was made. Gbasden may blow it off as color, but what we don't need right now are more lies or more color. We need the truth.

Keep in mind, if Silky is innocent, he used a lie to frame someone that he doesn't know is guilty...
If Silky is a terrorist, he doesn't care who dies now...as long as it's not him or gbasden. That's why he was so quick to change his vote when his lies were revealed.
Silky wrote:I urge everyone and especially setaside and gbasden to re-read this entire thread. I hope you will see that my actions and words were consistant with the caviat that I lied to give the team a chance. Hopefully they will see that yes in fact I did lie about being the confused to save the lives of the team. I am just glad the calvary finally came along. It was getting pretty lonely out there.
Yes, please re-read the thread. You'll find that I haven't lied. My story is consistant. You'll see a pattern of lies and misdirection employed by Silky, and when those were revealed by me, gbasden accused me to cast doubt on my refudation of everything Silky was saying.

Not one valid point has been raised to attack me. All the votes are based on one thing: gbasden's lie about being the confused.
Silky

Post by Silky »

Aren't you tired of this yet Bakhtosh? Instruct your terrorist friend to seal the deal and go meet your virgins.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

setaside wrote:
Bakhtosh wrote:Of course, you both knew that Setaside was innocent.
If you're the confused, how would you know that I'm innocent? You said yourself, you didn't get a chance to search my things. For all you know, I'm in league with them. Which is of course impossible if they are the terrorists and you are the confused.
setaside wrote: I got a private message from gbasden literally minutes before Silky posted his "revelation", gbasden telling me that he was the confused and that he knew I was innocent. The only other way for this to make any sense would be for gbasden to be in league with Silky. That's the only way for both of them to know for sure that I'm innocent.
You actually mentioned it: gbasden and Silky are working together, so that's how they know you're innocent.

How do I know?

Known terrorist: Silky
Known confused: Bakhtosh
Known innocent: Smutly

Unknown:
Lassr
gbasden
setaside

I looked for the one person who would defend Silky. You voted with him immediately, against someone who is NOT a known terrorist, based solely on his word, so I immediately thought you were guilty...until gbasden showed up with his outrageous defense of Silky.

Even you were wondering if you were being played by Silky and gbasden.

There is no other answer. If 2 unknowns are innocent and 1 unknown is a terrorist, there is no other combination except that you are innocent and gbasden is guilty.
Silky

Post by Silky »

Bakhtosh... I think I have already proved that there is a difference between known confused and claimed confused.

Of course you know that Smutly, Gbasden, setaside, and myself are innocent. You are trying so hard to get us to turn against each other... but what really seals your fate and that of your ally Lassr is the "passing of the mantle" How in the hell would anyone but the real confused know this?
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I'm confused. Ok, I'm not claiming to be the confused.

I'm withdrawing my vote for Silky.

We've had 2 to claim to be the confused. Silky who condemned me which instantly pointed to him as a terrorist (in my eyes). Then gbasden comes in and claims to be the confused and was transferred the "powers" of the confused by mcNutt after msteeler bought it on night one.

McNutt did verify he would havedone this. BUT how do we know that gbasden is not using info that someone else told him. Maybe the confused contacted him thinking it was safe. Yea, a little far fetched but their are accusations flying everywhere.

So is gbasden and silky in cahoots and trying to misdirect everyone or are they throwing names out trying to draw out the terrorists.

Bakhtosh has good arguments, gbasden has good arguments. Setaside seems to be playing along and Silky just looks guilty.

Of course, after analyzing all this it'll probably end up being smutly sitting back in his chair eating popcorn and enjoying the show.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Silky wrote:but what really seals your fate and that of your ally Lassr is the "passing of the mantle"
back on me again after you said you just threw my name out there. Which way are you going? Am I or Am I not.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Silky wrote:
Lassr wrote:
Silky wrote: I am also really surprised that you haven't voted for Bakhtosh. You will want to make it seem like you have no idea he is the terrorist. And yes you know who you are.
If I changed my vote then Bakhtosh is dead before a lot of things can be clarified. Why are you in a hurry for me to change my vote?

I'm off to a meeting. I'll be back in an hour or so.
I'm sorry Lassr... did I mention you by name?
You were responding to my post immediately above yours so i can only assume you were talking to me.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Lucky guess?
Most likely, he PMd McNutt that question. We hadn't heard from the confused, so he wanted to know what would happen if he died before ever getting into the game. McNutt's reply was the same thing he posted publicly, giving gbasden all the information he needed.

I don't understand why you would blindly follow gbasden's lead in this. He's offered no more proof or evidence than his badly conceived story about being confused. And from that you immediately switched votes from Lassr to me.

There's no other explanation than that you knew what he was going to say, and were eager to take some of the heat off of you, no matter the cost to the team, which pins you as a terrorist, and implicates him as well.
Silky

Post by Silky »

You absolutely know you are guilty Lassr and I know it as well. If Smutly were the terrorist the game would be over. He would not have retracted his vote. This leaves ONLY you and Bakhtosh. All you are trying to figure out is who would it be best to leave alive besides myself. Who mistrusts me more.... Smutly or Setaside.

We can see you and Bakhtosh trying desperately to defend each other without really seeming like it. Well go ahead vote for Bakhtosh or do you still want to play that you have doubts that gbasden is the confused?

edit speeling
setaside

Post by setaside »

This thing is a mess. :shock:
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Silky wrote:You absolutely know you are guilty Lassr and I know it as well. If Smutly were are terrorist the game would be over. He would not have retracted his vote. This leaves ONLY you and Bakhtosh. All you are trying to figure out is who would it be best to leave alive besides myself. Who mistrusts me more.... Smutly or Setaside.

We can see you and Bakhtosh trying desperately to defend each other without really seeming like it. Well go ahead vote for Bakhtosh or do you still want to play that you have doubts that gbasden is the confused?
OK. All I needed to know.
My vote is for Silky

You've been caught in one lie after another.
Silky

Post by Silky »

Lassr wrote:
Silky wrote:You absolutely know you are guilty Lassr and I know it as well. If Smutly were are terrorist the game would be over. He would not have retracted his vote. This leaves ONLY you and Bakhtosh. All you are trying to figure out is who would it be best to leave alive besides myself. Who mistrusts me more.... Smutly or Setaside.

My vote is for Silky

Edited to retract my silly statement. This is all that I am prepared to do. Let the vote go where it may. The truth is out there.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

setaside wrote:I have plenty to say but not now. And I would urge the rest of you who have not voted yet to wait until you hear what I have to say. It's ... interesting ... to say the least.
We're still waiting for this, by the way...
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Silky wrote:
Lassr wrote:

My vote is for Silky

Thank you Mr. Terrorist for retracting your vote then seeing it was pointless and voting for me again.
Thank you Mr. Terrorist for voting for me then admitted you lied, and then withdrew the vote and went with the current bandwagon and then reaccussed me.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

And when the team exacts its vengence upon you, one of us will die from that bomb belt you're wearing. Then the truth will be known. If the votes for me come out a majority (this whole time, we've been using abolute majority - 50% doesn't count), then the game will be over. I die by lynching. Lassr dies by terrorists overnight, leaving setaside and smutly vs silky & gbasden...game over.

I've torn you apart and shined the light of truth upon your failed attempt to frame Lassr. I then revealed myself for who I am, having tried every other option available to me that would keep my secret safe.

The funny thing is: if you had taken the hit today quietly, letting gbasden stay in the background, I would have queried setaside tonight, and finding him innocent, would have not known if Lassr or gbasden was the other terrorist. Of course, this plan seems to be working out for you so far...
setaside

Post by setaside »

Bakhtosh wrote:
setaside wrote:I have plenty to say but not now. And I would urge the rest of you who have not voted yet to wait until you hear what I have to say. It's ... interesting ... to say the least.
We're still waiting for this, by the way...
It would be redundant since gbasden revealed himself. The "interesting" part was having 2 (nay 3) confused members. Having multiple confused members obviously should result in everybody re-evaluating their selections, thus the "wait to vote" request.
Silky

Post by Silky »

Lassr wrote:
Silky wrote:
Lassr wrote:

My vote is for Silky

Thank you Mr. Terrorist for retracting your vote then seeing it was pointless and voting for me again.
Thank you Mr. Terrorist for voting for me then admitted you lied, and then withdrew the vote and went with the current bandwagon and then reaccussed me.
Sigh.... Lassr I edited it out because I was getting tired of the back and forth nanny boo boo stuff. That is mostly my fault so please forgive me for that.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

It was the butler in the foyer with the candlestick.
Harkonis

Post by Harkonis »

thank you for shooting me in the back so I didn't have to think about this... my head hurts
I loved DP too! :P - ChesspieceFace
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Harkonis wrote:thank you for shooting me in the back so I didn't have to think about this... my head hurts
I'm to the point where I'd be willing to swap places. Wanna trade log on info. :?
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Try being in it sometime. Oh, how I wish we'd ben right about you...would have made this part a lot easier...
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Smutly is the only one who hasn't voted yet.

McNutt: What happens if we're divided 3/3 and no one is terribly interested in changing their vote? Do Silky and I meet with pistols at dusk (assuming I don't interrupt his evening prayers)? I'm willing to let him face east so he can die with his face towards Mecca if it's that important to him...
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Bakhtosh wrote:Smutly is the only one who hasn't voted yet.

McNutt: What happens if we're divided 3/3 and no one is terribly interested in changing their vote? Do Silky and I meet with pistols at dusk (assuming I don't interrupt his evening prayers)? I'm willing to let him face east so he can die with his face towards Mecca if it's that important to him...
I read one of his earlier posts where he says it will be this evening before he can vote.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

In that case someone has to be Henry Fonda and vote the other way.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Smutly can't view at work.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Smutly should be here soon to either end this by killing an innocent, or give us one more day.

However this goes down, it ends by tomorrow. I just want to say that everyone played a good game. I never suspected Silky & gbasden till it was too late. Mad props, yo.

McNutt, this was a fun game, but 2 things: we need an odd number of players (so signups are for an even number since the baddies get the first kill), and this needs to go another round or two to give the confused more time.
Silky

Post by Silky »

Bakhtosh wrote:Smutly should be here soon to either end this by killing an innocent, or give us one more day.

However this goes down, it ends by tomorrow. I just want to say that everyone played a good game. I never suspected Silky & gbasden till it was too late. Mad props, yo.

McNutt, this was a fun game, but 2 things: we need an odd number of players (so signups are for an even number since the baddies get the first kill), and this needs to go another round or two to give the confused more time.
Well said Bakhtosh and I agree with everything you said.

Well except for the implication that gbasden and I are terrorists

Off to my long commute home. I should be able to check the thread again in a few hours.
Zekester

Post by Zekester »

Spoiler???
Sorry guys, I haven't had time to play this much since the beginning of the week. I did think that it wasn't going down, after the delay.

Notice my post time to McNutt's..........I guess i was late by mere seconds? :?
Smutly

Post by Smutly »

I hate to say this, but right now I have to vote for Silky. This is not a clear-cut decision because there were arguments on both sides that I thought were a little weak. In the end I'm going on two things. The first reason is setaside's voting for Bakhtosh instead of Silky (who he's now voting with). Why jump to the opposite side now? The second reason is that I don't like some of Silky's rhetoric about the "true soldiers" knowing how to vote -- and naming me specifically as if we're buds and I *wink wink* know who the good guys are.

I think this puts us at a tie, but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

One of the things I think has only brought more confusion (yeah, like we need more of that) is McNutt's response about how he would have "probably" made a different person the confused. Finding this out after someone claims that happened kinda screws up what we think about it. It's one thing to claim a thing that we know is a possibility -- it's another thing to claim a thing we wouldn't think possible and then find out that it's "possibly" true. Even with this "evidence" I went the other way not voting with Gbadsen.

In short, who knows what the fuck is going on here? I sure as hell don't.
setaside

Post by setaside »

Smutly wrote:I hate to say this, but right now I have to vote for Silky. This is not a clear-cut decision because there were arguments on both sides that I thought were a little weak. In the end I'm going on two things. The first reason is setaside's voting for Bakhtosh instead of Silky (who he's now voting with). Why jump to the opposite side now? The second reason is that I don't like some of Silky's rhetoric about the "true soldiers" knowing how to vote -- and naming me specifically as if we're buds and I *wink wink* know who the good guys are.

I think this puts us at a tie, but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

One of the things I think has only brought more confusion (yeah, like we need more of that) is McNutt's response about how he would have "probably" made a different person the confused. Finding this out after someone claims that happened kinda screws up what we think about it. It's one thing to claim a thing that we know is a possibility -- it's another thing to claim a thing we wouldn't think possible and then find out that it's "possibly" true. Even with this "evidence" I went the other way not voting with Gbadsen.

In short, who knows what the fuck is going on here? I sure as hell don't.
I want to clarify. I'm NOT voting with Silky. You'll notice that Silky was voting for Lassr when I made my vote. Silky CHANGED his vote after the fact to fall in line with mine. I still don't like the shady character Silky is playing and for all I know he may be the "other" terrorist but I am more certain that Bakhtosh is a terrorist than I am of Silky at this point. I can't help the fact that Silky is jumping on a different bandwagon than he was last night. gbasden presented a strong case to me. He presented it to me BEFORE anybody else came out claiming to be the confused. Everybody else's claim feels like a sham compared to gbasdens. His is the only one that makes sense and fits the timeline. He explained the whole taking the mantle of the confused after the first night ... BEFORE it came up in conversation. McNutt's explaination only cements the claim.

I'm sticking with my vote.
Smutly

Post by Smutly »

setaside wrote:I want to clarify. I'm NOT voting with Silky. You'll notice that Silky was voting for Lassr when I made my vote. Silky CHANGED his vote after the fact to fall in line with mine. I still don't like the shady character Silky is playing and for all I know he may be the "other" terrorist but I am more certain that Bakhtosh is a terrorist than I am of Silky at this point. I can't help the fact that Silky is jumping on a different bandwagon than he was last night. gbasden presented a strong case to me. He presented it to me BEFORE anybody else came out claiming to be the confused. Everybody else's claim feels like a sham compared to gbasdens. His is the only one that makes sense and fits the timeline. He explained the whole taking the mantle of the confused after the first night ... BEFORE it came up in conversation. McNutt's explaination only cements the claim.

Yet you knew I wouldn't be back until this evening to vote so you could make whatever voting adjustments you'd like before then.

The whole "passing of the mantle" kinda fucked up the game for me because it does make Gbadsen's claim appear to be truthful. I might be swayed later to change votes, but I definitely haven't liked what I've seen from Silky this entire game.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Smutly wrote:
setaside wrote:I want to clarify. I'm NOT voting with Silky. You'll notice that Silky was voting for Lassr when I made my vote. Silky CHANGED his vote after the fact to fall in line with mine. I still don't like the shady character Silky is playing and for all I know he may be the "other" terrorist but I am more certain that Bakhtosh is a terrorist than I am of Silky at this point. I can't help the fact that Silky is jumping on a different bandwagon than he was last night. gbasden presented a strong case to me. He presented it to me BEFORE anybody else came out claiming to be the confused. Everybody else's claim feels like a sham compared to gbasdens. His is the only one that makes sense and fits the timeline. He explained the whole taking the mantle of the confused after the first night ... BEFORE it came up in conversation. McNutt's explaination only cements the claim.

Yet you knew I wouldn't be back until this evening to vote so you could make whatever voting adjustments you'd like before then.

The whole "passing of the mantle" kinda fucked up the game for me because it does make Gbadsen's claim appear to be truthful. I might be swayed later to change votes, but I definitely haven't liked what I've seen from Silky this entire game.
I tend to agree - I haven't liked what Silky has done this entire game either. Given that the jihadists only need to kill 1 more innocent, it's entirely possibly that both are terrorists, blaming each other so that whoever gets whacked, the other looks like an innocent.

There are only 2 facts I'm certain of - Bahktosh is a terrorist, and Setaside is innocent. I have few qualms about voting for Silky, except that he's only a maybe while Bahktosh is a certain.
setaside

Post by setaside »

Smutly wrote:

It's been pretty much determined by all blamed parties that I am in fact, innocent. Why would I accuse somebody I didn't think was a terrorist? I can't say one way or another if Silky is a terrorist or not, but I'm relatively sure that Bakhtosh is.

Also ... does THIS make ANY sense to you?
That night, I searched Smutly. Some of his actions (going covert just before the first turn started, bringing up the Sniper Shot for poor Zeke, repeatedly giving reasons to vote for Zeke) made me suspicious. He, too was innocent, but I chose to not notify him as long as he wasn't voting for a confirmed innocent, and no one was wasting a vote on him.
How is he supposed to know if you're voting for a confirmed innocent? It stinks. He should have contacted you as soon as he knew you were innocent. A larger solid voting block is crucial to defeating this deception.

If you vote for Silky and he is innocent, we lose.

Bakhtosh, would you mind telling us what it was that you discovered that revealed Silky's true nature?
Silky

Post by Silky »

Frankly I do not care anymore. I have been hounded and dogged this whole mission for my tongue in cheek comment that Harkonis and Smutly must be guilty. For that offense I have had to work damn hard to stay alive and help the team win.

I believe setaside is innocent and I told him that much 2 days ago with the comments that I made to him. I knew the terrorists were loving that situation between us waiting for the powder keg to go off. I freely admit that I lied about being the confused. I explained the reasons why I lied. I did not know who to trust but felt sure that the confused was dead. All I wanted to do was to give the team a chance before I got lynched. I am sorry that my "tactics" do not sit well with you fellas. At the end of the game re-read them and know that I at least tried. You can say all day long that I didn't do this or that right or I said something that turned you off here but I did what I thought was best at the time.

I have a proposition. Everyone change you vote to me. You are all so sure of my guilt. If I am a terrorist then you have won the game because you are sure of Bakhtosh.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Just got home. Let me count these up.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

I have it as a tie:

Setaside - Bakhtosh
Silky - Bakhtosh
gbasden - Bakhtosh

Lassr - Silky
Bakhtosh - Silky