[Jihad] Game Over, Man. Game Over!!! Or is it?

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Smutly and Silky approach Lassr as the setting sun brings the cold of desert nighttime. Lassr knew it was over. He didn't even offer a fight. Silky unsheathed his knife and in an instant Lassr's throat had been cut.

Silky wiped the blade and walked away, telling Smutly "You can search the body if you want. I know all I need to know."

Smutly, fearing a fatal mistake, searched Lassr. What could he hope to find? He came up empty. Lassr had nothing to incriminate him. Smuty, sure of his vote, tried checking Lassr's bag. In it he found a note.
We are simple people who chose principles over fear.

We have suffered crimes and sanctions, which we consider the true weapons of mass destruction.

Years and years of agony and despair, while the condemned UN traded with our oil revenues in the name of world stability and peace.

If you have found this message then I have gone on to meet the great Allah and Mohammed. For our fight is right.

We, now choose when, where, and how to strike. And as our ancestors drew the first sparks of civilization, we will redefine the word “conquest.“

Today we write a new chapter in the arts of urban warfare.

There are more of us out there waiting for their time to strike.

Allah Ackbar!
*DM statement - Lassr gave me that note. It's his own writing.

Good game, fellas!
Smutly

Post by Smutly »

AMERICA, FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!

Great game, everyone! I'd like to thank all the little people. The oompa loompas, the lollipop kids, and don't forget those midget hookers on 5th street! LICK IT UP, TERRORISTS!!!!

http://www.virgin.net/movies/wallpapers ... a_1280.jpg

Image linked by Bakhtosh until you can fix the margins...it's just too hard to read this thread
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

And now a little inside information about the game. msteelers was the original confused one, but he died at the very beginning. I did switch the role of confused one to gbasden immediately after. I felt the role of the confused one was too important to lose right away. If I had to do it again I would create a throaway character, and Ensign Ricky if you will, that could die the first night. It sucks joining a game like this and getting kicked before you get a chance to play.

I was concerned that gbasden might switch early on, but he seemed to really get into the idea of weeding out and killing the terrorists.

It's also pretty cool to watch this game from the sidelines when you know who is telling the truth and who is full of shit. Seeing three people come out and claim to be the confused one was great. My hat's off to you guys. You made this game pretty entertaining.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Yeah, it sucked getting killed first, but that's how the game goes.

The odd thing was that I searched Baktosh's stuff, and found out he was a terrorist. Unfortunately I turned around into the butt of his rifle. I guess it's better than getting shot in the back while eating.

I was also flattered that I was picked first. Thanks guys. I felt loved until everyone started getting my name wrong.
Smutly

Post by Smutly »

I'm going to have to go back and re-read everything to see how much BS was being slung around and by whom. If Lassr and Silky agree I will post their PMs for others to read.

I really didn't think we were going to do it. *sniff*
setaside

Post by setaside »

I'm not sure exactly when it was that I started to believe that Silky was actually innocent but it was a bit of revelation. Apologies for hitting it so hard.

And Bakhtosh ... damn you're good at making me doubt. I kept running through scenarios in my head over and over about how it could all make sense. Not easy.
Silky

Post by Silky »

I am glad it is over. I am also kind of glad you made the correct choice Smutly I salute you. I absolutely want you to reveal all of my PM to you and please include the time it was sent. It is important to me for other reasons.

I dedicate the victory to the lives of the fallen soldiers.

Now on to the other stuff. I have such a large degree of respect for the two people who played the roles of the terrorists. They played in my opinion as near a flawless game as possible. The fact that it was up to the last vote even with the "switching of the mantle" I believe should speak volumes for the powers and abilities they have. Somewhere along the way it stopped being a game between the three of us and started being a contest.

It was a pretty brutal and draining contest of will. I believe Lassr and Bakhtosh would agree. I was so very very close to switching my vote to Lassr during the three way tie. The only thing that kept me from doing it was poor Harkonis that I led a ill fated charge against. I keep wondering if it were not for the "switching of the mantle" incident if the game would have been different. I do not expect the two individuals to make a big deal of it.

Finally McNutt..... well what can I say about this game that has not been said about Afganastan. It kept me awake late at night, busy at work, and generally dejected. Your setting is too intense for my tastes. Maybe it was my 8 years in the Army but I decided early on that I would not lose for lack of trying.
Mr. Flibble says: Game Over boys!
Silky

Post by Silky »

setaside wrote:I'm not sure exactly when it was that I started to believe that Silky was actually innocent but it was a bit of revelation. Apologies for hitting it so hard.

And Bakhtosh ... damn you're good at making me doubt. I kept running through scenarios in my head over and over about how it could all make sense. Not easy.
:wink:
Harkonis

Post by Harkonis »

I think it's important that a real player dies semi-randomly at the beginning. Gives a chance to really mix things up at the start and potentially get rid of the confused/seer.

Getting taken out while eating definitely wasn't the highlight of my game though ;)
I loved DP too! :P - ChesspieceFace
Silky

Post by Silky »

Smutly wrote:I'm going to have to go back and re-read everything to see how much BS was being slung around and by whom. If Lassr and Silky agree I will post their PMs for others to read.

I have a spoiler for you.... I lied about nothing other than being the confused. Now that you know that maybe you can understand why I did this "shady dealings"
Harkonis

Post by Harkonis »

I'm a little confused why a non-confused, non-terrorist would claim to be the confused. What was the point of this?
I loved DP too! :P - ChesspieceFace
Silky

Post by Silky »

Harkonis wrote:I'm a little confused why a non-confused, non-terrorist would claim to be the confused. What was the point of this?

If you take the statement I made above about that being the only lie I believe I answer that question a couple of times. But the cliff notes:

Smutly accuses Silky
Setaside cannot be too far behind

Game over.

If I would have known that the confused was still around I would not have made that move. I believed he was killed earlier which is something that I was thankful for. If he switched the game would be over.
Silky

Post by Silky »

The two terrorists and I started having some PM conversations between us when I mentioned it started being a contest. If there are any lurkers still interested here is an example one I sent and should give you an idea of my mind frame during this ordeal.

I feel like Sean Connery in the Hunt for Red October

A war with no battles, no monuments... only casualties

I sent a PM to Lassr wishing him luck and telling him how draining this has been for me. Not all together a pleasant experience when it is all said and done. If Smutly votes for me I will feel smug which is probably better than I would feel any other way.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Silky wrote:
Smutly wrote:I'm going to have to go back and re-read everything to see how much BS was being slung around and by whom. If Lassr and Silky agree I will post their PMs for others to read.

I have a spoiler for you.... I lied about nothing other than being the confused. Now that you know that maybe you can understand why I did this "shady dealings"
When you posted that, I was almost 100% sure you were a terrorist who had counted on the Confused being dead by then. I had a brilliant plot in my mind where you and Bakhtosh were both terrorists blaming each other so no matter who was killed, the group would believe the other was an innocent.
Silky

Post by Silky »

gbasden wrote:
Silky wrote:

When you posted that, I was almost 100% sure you were a terrorist who had counted on the Confused being dead by then. I had a brilliant plot in my mind where you and Bakhtosh were both terrorists blaming each other so no matter who was killed, the group would believe the other was an innocent.
It was a call for help :?
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

gbasden wrote:
That's the only thing I had to go on when you revealed you were the confused. And I believed you. Bakhtosh and I had to sew a lot of confusion after that.

And it really was an coincidence that McNutt posted as I was posting. We had submitted our names way earlier in the evening hoping to not be on the forums when the deaths occurred. It was a real toss up to eliminate smutly or setaside but we both agreed that setaside could have been the confused undercover...so happens he wasn't but couldn't take that chance.

Smutly it's OK to reveal my PMs but I think I covered it in one of my posts.

McNutts posting as i was posting really made me have to alter some of my planning and I'm afraid it made me look desperate in the PMs and Smutly noticed that...good job, dammit.

P.S. I was very close to casting that last vote for Bakhtosh to sacrifice him in hopes it would remove the target from my back. Wish i had now. But I needed to keep up the impression that I knew Silky was a terrorist but I wasn't sure who the otehr one was.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Wow...it's finally over. I wish I could just publish my PMs...bit from home, for the weekend with dialup, it's just NOT going to happen.

I will give a brief synopsis (even if this is long, trust me, it's the short version)

Msteelers: you were a random pick by Lassr. No reason was given...but it was a damn lucky pick that eventually sealed our doom - when gbasden revealed the passing of the mantle, and it was confirmed by McNutt, we were officially screwed. There was no recovering from that. It proved that either gbasden WAS the confused, or had spoke to the real confused.

I played my civvy game as if I was a real team member. I voted without conscious thought of the terrorist game behind it. ArmyOfOne was just a random pick out of the crowd, as all day 1 picks are. When he and Harkonis fingered me, our suspicions were raised about one of them being the confused, but killing one of them overnight would have looked like revenge. Of course, I knew Zekester was innocent...and I wanted to defend him for as long as possible to keep from being too closely associated with Lassr's votes (who had the unfortunate honor of nominating the first execution).

That night, we killed Mr. Bubbles. Setaside was our first choice until Silky & Setaside started going at each other, so they were left alone. Harkonis & AOO would have been a suspicious kill. Mr. Bubbles had accused Smutly in Rd, 1, and our plan was to attempt to frame Smutly and have him executed that day. Our plan took a detour when Silky came out of the gates voting for Harkonis. This gave us a great opportunity to take out both players we thought might be the confused. Harkonis died before either one got a chance to post that day, or our voting might have gone differently. The highlight of that day was in our PMs, I was going over potential candidates when I told Lassr that with friends like Silky, who needs us? His prophetic reply was, “Yep, we should keep him around for a while. He seems to be on track to uncovering the whole plot. ;)

The sad part is that Lassr suggested offing gbasden who had been awfully quiet, just to stir the pot. Unfortunately, we went with AoO in the end.

Day 3 was the clincher. I have almost a whole page of PMs from just this game, and more than half of them are from day 3. I think I was doing a pretty good job slinging my BS until gbasden showed up with his nuke. As I stated before, McNutt’s confirmation of the mantle blew my credibility out of the water. I originally claimed to be the confused with the intention of coming back to widely expressed doubts and saying, “Of course I’m lying. So are these other two nitwits!” Had I done so before McNutt’s confession, I might have stood a chance, but I still think it was just too much damage. Everyone knew that gbasden was the confused, and everyone would have voted for me eventually. In hindsight, Lassr should have switched his vote when McNutt verified gbasden’s story. Cutting off Silky’s rants about us being tied together might have pushed day 4 up to a time when Smutly would have been around and before he had too much time to think about it.

Setaside was chosen for the bomb because gbasden was a definite target, and set was another possibility for being the confused. It was doubtful in the extreme that Smutly or Silky was the confused. Also, Silky was the best opponent for Lassr to go up against in the final round.

Good game to everyone. It was a lot of fun and horrible at the same time. Some of the worst lines in the video I wrote were taken from real suicide bomber’s videos. Reading those transcripts was disturbing. Retyping them was worse. But the role-player in me demanded it.
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” -Thomas Jefferson
Finding Red Riding Hood well-armed, the wolf calls for more gun control.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

I didn't feel I confessed anything about the confused one. I answered the question as what I would do in that hypothetcial situation in a way that I hoped made it seem only hypothetical. msteelers picked picked Bakhtosh for his first pick, but he didn't find out until he was whacked the first night. gbasden used a pick to uncover Bakhtosh, so there was no communication between msteelers and gbasden.

To be honest I never felt like the terrorists were screwed. The good guys couldn't make a single mistake to win, yet they did. It came down to a big win/lose decision, which is all I could hope for.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Bakhtosh wrote:. In hindsight, Lassr should have switched his vote when McNutt verified gbasden’s story. Cutting off Silky’s rants about us being tied together might have pushed day 4 up to a time when Smutly would have been around and before he had too much time to think about it.
In fact, when I logged back on that night my plan was to inform you that I was going to change my vote to you to break the tie. My story would have been: Although I "knew" Silky was a terrorist we still had to find the other. I'm almost positive that gbasden is telling the truth because of the passing of the mantle. So I'll take a chance and vote for bahktosh in hopes that his theory wasn't correct.

But alas Smutly change his vote before I could. So I then couldn't change mine. I had to stick with the I know Silky is a terrorist and I'm not sure if Bahktosh or gbasden story is true.

My gut told me we were doomed after that. Some bad timing in the end. I take the blame, Bakhtosh, you may have 36 of my virgins.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Bakhtosh wrote:LoL. What do you say "Kneel"? Feel like causing a little mayhem?

Of course, we have to take out the admins first...

I have a brand new razor in this hand. In my other, a .45 gun
I'm gonna cut you if you stay here. I'm gonna shoot you if you run.
You know Neal doesn't seem to hang around as much. I think he's hiding something. I vote The Meal.....Oh god, I'm already having flashbacks.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

I think that had we played it correctly after your hypothetical admission, we would have been okay,
but gbasden correctly predicted what your hypothetical action would have been...so that action is what
I feel turned the tide and brought Smutly over to the anti-Bakhtosh side and kept setaside from
doubting gbasden's story.

Had you been silent on the issue, I think things might have turned out differently.
But you did make one statement in our favor when you announced that you had delayed starting
the game for your own reasons. I didn't know the game had started until Monday morning.

It was damning evidence, but not the only damning evidence.
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” -Thomas Jefferson
Finding Red Riding Hood well-armed, the wolf calls for more gun control.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Bakhtosh wrote:I think that had we played it correctly after your hypothetical admission, we would have been okay,
but gbasden correctly predicted what your hypothetical action would have been...so that action is what
I feel turned the tide and brought Smutly over to the anti-Bakhtosh side and kept setaside from
doubting gbasden's story.

Had you been silent on the issue, I think things might have turned out differently.
But you did make one statement in our favor when you announced that you had delayed starting
the game for your own reasons. I didn't know the game had started until Monday morning.

It was damning evidence, but not the only damning evidence.
You guys played *really* well. I have to say the last 2 days were really, really fun. You sowed a tremendous amount of uncertainty. Sorry about bringing the game mechanics out into the open, but if I hadn't mentioned that I was not the original confused I would have been rightly questioned as to why I was short one nights worth of information.
Smutly

Post by Smutly »

For the record, I was "this close" to voting for Silky. Lassr, you were right that your PMs finally tipped the scale. This was a really great game, though, guys. It was rough, but we got through it.