Lars Lynching Liaisons: Werewolf game

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Somebody has to vote first; someone else grabbed yesterday, so I took today.
Sparhawk

Post by Sparhawk »

*Wakes up and stumbles outside his weathered front door*

*yawns*

Oh my, what's all the fuss about this morning?

*notices the crowd near setaside's hut and wanders over to investigate*

*averts eyes* Dear god!

What the hell happened? Did someone toss a bowl of pasta and red sauce on the floor?

*a fellow villager informs him of setaside's demise*

*Feels a sharp jabbing sensation in his back and turns around to notice Zaxxon standing there with an angry face*

What?! You can't possibly think that I had anything to do with this? I was up late cleaning up our previous fallen brother. If ANYONE is responsible for the murder of setaside it would be YOU! *points at Zaxxon*

NOw, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go eat breakfast.

*wanders back into his hut and slams his door shut*
Ya srsly!
Gryndyl

Post by Gryndyl »

Lassr, god rest his innocent little soul, wanted Sparhawk dead! Which means you should probably all vote for someone else. My trackrecord on picking wolves out of villagers is mighty low :oops:
Arnir
Location: Right here. No, a bit left. A bit up. Okay, close enough. Texas.

Post by Arnir »

Arnir wrote:
Zaxxon wrote:Sparhawk has been acting a wee bit too strangely for my tastes. Combined with his tag, this frightens me ever so slightly.

Slightly enough, as it happens, to start a lynch mob.
I don't know. Apparently the only person who accused Zaxxon wound up dead. Sounds fishy to me. Smells fishy to me as well, and I hate fish!

Edit: vote withdrawn
My village job requires me to be out of touch for a few hours, so I have withdrawn my vote in fairness to the fact that new evidence might appear before I return.
Blast from the past:Currently playing: Civ 4, HoI 3 (or at least trying to). Intel Pentium Dual Core E2220 2.4ghz, PNY GeForce GTS 250 1GB, 4GB system ram, Vista 64.
Chaosraven's D&D Party 2: Arthur Leadwyrm (now game 1) For your GPS PoI needs
"She needed a green card; I wanted a man card."
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Sparhawk wrote:What the hell happened? Did someone toss a bowl of pasta and red sauce on the floor?

NOw, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go eat breakfast.
So let me get this straight, seeing poor setaside's corpse made you think of food and made you hungry? Not the healthiest reaction in these troubled times my friend. Sparhawk
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Lars

Post by Lars »

st_dysan - none
Arnir - vote withdrawn
Gryndyl - Sparhawk
Zaxxon - Sparhawk
Ralph-Wiggum - Sparhawk
Sparhawk - Zaxxon
Remus West - Sparhawk

Votes needed for lynching: 4

Vote tallies:
Sparhawk - 4
Zaxxon - 1
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

*awaits post-lynching results anxiously*
Sparhawk

Post by Sparhawk »

*grumbles*

I'm burning the garden down if you even dare think about lynching me!

*eyes shoot back and forth in sheer terror*

I don't want to die, I never did anything wrong. How could you? After all the fresh produce I've provided, you all turn on me!

*curls up into a ball and begins to sob heavily*

I never got to see my wife return from her journey East to the Orient. She promised to bring me so many wonderful things...

*cries*

Please...

Don't kill me....

*fading sobs*
Ya srsly!
Lars

Post by Lars »

Day

As Sparhawk sits down to enjoy his breakfast, his door is violently thrown open. Looking up, Sparhawk sees that the rest of the village is standing outside his door, rope in hand, murder in their eyes. Resigned to his fate, Sparhawk slowly gets up from the table, and walks outside. The crowd parts to allow Sparhawk to pass in between. Suddenly, Sparhawk makes a break for it, but as fate would have it, he slips in a puddle of st_dysan's massage oils and falls. The villagers fall on him, and drag him up to the gallows, as Sparhawk growls and promises revenge upon the village.

The noose is tightened, the stool is kicked, the struggling and death wails begin. Sparhawk eventually hangs still, and the village waits in anticipation.

........ and waits

........ and waits

........ and waits

The villagers, upset once again with their failure, turn to begin their daily chores. Suddenly, someone screams "Look! Look! We got one!". Sure enough, hair and canine teeth begin to appear on Sparhawks corpse. He is a Werewolf!

The night cycle has begun. The remaining werewolf, pm me who your next victim will be. Seer, ask your question.

triggercut - Dead
st_dysan
Arnir
setaside - Dead
Gryndyl
Zaxxon
Ralph-Wiggum
Sparhawk - WEREWOLF, Dead
Lassr - Dead
Remus West
Arnir

Post by Arnir »

Well done, folks. I'll admit that I didn't see the logic but results count.
Blast from the past:Currently playing: Civ 4, HoI 3 (or at least trying to). Intel Pentium Dual Core E2220 2.4ghz, PNY GeForce GTS 250 1GB, 4GB system ram, Vista 64.
Sparhawk

Post by Sparhawk »

I may die, but the brotherhood shall live on.
Ya srsly!
Arnir

Post by Arnir »

Arnir raps Sparhawk's nose with a paper.

"Bad dog. Very bad dog!"
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Wooooo hoooooo my first sucessful lynching. Woot Woot. I'd like to thank the Zaxxon for beinging the landslide/watershed moment in which I got to put the proper person to the rope. Sniff, this is such a happy day.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Woot! Triggercut was right. Before he died he sent me a PM suspecting that Sparhawk was a wolf. Not sure why he thought that (if he was the seer, he didn't tell me), but it looks like he was right.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

I aim to please. Now look the other way as I run screaming for the hills so that Sparhawk's little friend doesn't get me tonight...
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Zaxxon wrote:I aim to please. Now look the other way as I run screaming for the hills so that Sparhawk's little friend doesn't get me tonight...
no problem.

*bends down to tie shoe tighter*
*looks up at Zaxxon*

What, I don't have to outrun the wolf, I only have to outrun you.

Ba dum bum. Ching.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

I'm going 8 miles tonight, so by the time I'm done I'm sure outrunning me won't be a problem. Nuts.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Zaxxon wrote:I'm going 8 miles tonight, so by the time I'm done I'm sure outrunning me won't be a problem. Nuts.
Sweet. Just in case though would you mind carring this bottle of ketchup for me until oh, say a few weeks from now just to be on the safe side?
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Yes.
Arnir

Post by Arnir »

I'm staying locked in my house. Going out running with someone who might be a werewolf is not a good idea!
Lars

Post by Lars »

Day

The villagers awake from a good nights sleep, hopeful that the werewolf menace was at an end. It was not to be so, however. st_dysan's remains have been scattered below the still hanging corpse of Sparhawk, a direct challenge to the villagers, it appears. The nightmare is not yet over.

triggercut - Dead
st_dysan - Dead
Arnir
setaside - Dead
Gryndyl
Zaxxon
Ralph-Wiggum
Lassr - Dead
Remus West

Majority vote is 3 votes.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Arnir's vote broke the first lynching tie between Lassr (again, my bad dude) and Sparhawk thus saving his furbound friend for the moment. Then in the second round there were two who did not vote to hang Sparhawk. Arnir and st_dysan. We must finish purging our village of these beasts. Hang Arnir
Arnir

Post by Arnir »

Remus West wrote:Arnir's vote broke the first lynching tie between Lassr (again, my bad dude) and Sparhawk thus saving his furbound friend for the moment. Then in the second round there were two who did not vote to hang Sparhawk. Arnir and st_dysan. We must finish purging our village of these beasts. Hang Arnir
Hey - I didn't vote because I thought it was Zaxxon and then decided that it might not be him after talking to him. Is this lynch anybody who didn't vote my way day? Are you saying that since st_dysan didn't vote for Sparhawk he is a werewolf? Isn't his death suggestive that perhaps that line of analysis is flawed?

Sorry, but you are out for blood early. Remus West you get my vote. You are too bloodthirsty for a simple villager.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I am suspicious of both Remus and Arnir. But Remus did cast the deciding vote for Sparhawk (but was it out of desperation?). For that reason, I hesitatingly vote for Arnir.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

I'm sorry Arnir, but I have to agree with Ralphie.

*grabs hempen rope*
Gryndyl

Post by Gryndyl »

Arnir for the gallows!
Lars

Post by Lars »

Arnir - Remus West
Gryndyl - Arnir
Zaxxon - Arnir
Ralph-Wiggum - Arnir
Remus West - Arnir

Votes need for lynching: 3

Vote tallies:
Arnir - 4
Remus West - 1
Lars

Post by Lars »

Day

With conviction in their hearts, the remaining villagers drag Arnir to the gallows. His hollow protests fall on deaf ears, and he is quickly strung up by his neck, until he struggles no more. The village eagerly awaits the expected transformation.............

....... and they are not dissappointed. Unnatural hair and teeth spring out from Arnir's corpse, verifing it for all to see. He is a Werewolf. The village has been saved from their predations.

triggercut - Dead
st_dysan - Dead
Arnir - WEREWOLF, Dead
setaside - Dead
Gryndyl
Zaxxon
Ralph-Wiggum
Lassr - Dead
Remus West

Congratulations to the villagers, for you are the winners.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

setaside

Post by setaside »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:Image
The dancing banana always brightens my day, even from the grave. Thank you. :)
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

setaside wrote:
The dancing banana always brightens my day, even from the grave. Thank you. :)
I'm glad that it's not just me.
Gryndyl

Post by Gryndyl »

I was at a website once that had a dancing banana that changed color to match the current terror alert status.

I love the dancing banana :D Greatest of all internet icons
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

I found one that alternates between carrot banana and I think pickle.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

And you all thought it might be me. O.k. Ralph thought it might be and I agreed with his logic about why it might be, but see I was telling the truth :D Well done my friends. After one shut out I am now 2-1 woot woot.
Arnir

Post by Arnir »

Congrats villagers! I was a very very bad dog.

So, who was the seer? Any hints as to why you all zeroed in on me today?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I posted why I went after you. You saved Sparhawk round one then didn't vote for him round 2. The next most suspicious person was me, but I knew I was innocent so I jumped your way and made sure to talk to RW since he seemed the most innocent to me having voted strongly for Sparhawk both days. Guessing I would say he was the seer. Have nothing to base that on though other than feel.
Arnir

Post by Arnir »

Remus West wrote:I posted why I went after you. You saved Sparhawk round one then didn't vote for him round 2. The next most suspicious person was me, but I knew I was innocent so I jumped your way and made sure to talk to RW since he seemed the most innocent to me having voted strongly for Sparhawk both days. Guessing I would say he was the seer. Have nothing to base that on though other than feel.
Hey, it worked!
Lars

Post by Lars »

triggercut was the seer.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I was just an innocent civilian that was lynched in the prime of his life
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »