[Werewolf] Monty Python and the Holy Grail

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Poor Gromit.. Well at least he went in a blaze of glory. Seeing him clear the wall like that was pretty amazing. I sent my pet ferret out to spy for me... Now time to see what he has to tell me... Here Frenchie.. Frenchie.. Here Frenchie.. Come on out... If you turn yourself in I promise not to have my ferret gnaw something off.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

noxiousdog wrote:Mr. Bubbles, pr0ner, Hamsterball_z, and gromit have all been quiet. Spies I say!
Remus West wrote:And I do not promise my vote to the last person, still waiting for something to give me a feeling."
And Remus West is even worse. He can't even make a decision!
Just thought I'd point out that given my track record you don't want me to make a decision. :cry:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

I'm pretty sure the "s" at the end of Remus' name is silent. Like in "Camus".

I've got my eyes on you, L'Etranger!
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I think it save to point out in this thread that the Remus is actually after the very famous Remus brother of Romulus who was raised by a wolf and founded the great Roman Empire. The HOLY roman empire. Good christian background there since this is before Henry VIII split being in good with the pope could serve us well. For God and the British Isles we will slay these vile frenchmen.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Hamsterball_Z

Post by Hamsterball_Z »

HOLY Roman Empire? Oh Remus, that's very bad for you then....
(HBZ)
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Hamsterball_Z wrote:HOLY Roman Empire? Oh Remus, that's very bad for you then....
Charlemagne is after our relics!!!!!one!!!

(I still think "Hamsterball" sounds French, though, so what do I know.)
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Hamsterball_Z wrote:HOLY Roman Empire? Oh Remus, that's very bad for you then....

Ummmm
the empire he built would not long outlast his son Louis I
my family has been working to make this happen for the mighty English empire?!

damn it must be more careful to be accurate when mentioning history
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

itty bitty texty = itty bitty frenchie
Hamsterball_Z

Post by Hamsterball_Z »

triggercut wrote: (I still think "Hamsterball" sounds French, though, so what do I know.)
Is your name pronounced Triggairecoo? :lol:
(HBZ)
CSL

Post by CSL »

Alas Gromit had not been the Frenchman, but his death had not stopped the carnage. Soon after daybreak the following morning the cry of terror went up again - soon all found the worst, Kelric smashed and bloodied beyond all belief.

The only question all could raise was - had he been killed by a curved or a straight sword?

Wait........maybe everyone would want to know who killed him.

triggercut - Mr. Bubbles
Kelric (dead)
Mr Bubbles - Chris Grenard
Crux (dead)
pr0ner - Chris Grenard
Remus West - Hamsterball_Z
ChrisGrenard
Gryndyl - Chris Grenard
Hamsterball_Z - Chris Grenard
Gromit (dead)
Noxious Dog

Current Voting:

Chris Grenard - 4
Mr. Bubbles - 1
Hamsterball_Z - 1
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

He's not dead yet!
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Kelric wrote:
ChrisGrenard wrote:PINK!
Only a sissy Frenchman would choose pink!
Was Kelric a victim of revenge. Hmmmm
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Mr Bubbles wrote:
Kelric wrote:
ChrisGrenard wrote:PINK!
Only a sissy Frenchman would choose pink!
Was Kelric a victim of revenge. Hmmmm
Hmmm. Fascinating theory.
Hodor.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

ChrisGrenard wrote:itty bitty texty = itty bitty frenchie
Hey, there is nothing itty bitty about me except the text and well.....damn it Frenchie you make me mad.
Harkonis

Post by Harkonis »

does gromit get to come back and be taunted a second time?
I loved DP too! :P - ChesspieceFace
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Two accusations since the last killing. I think people may be on to something.

As such, I vote for ChrisGrenard to be killed for being French!
Hodor.
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

Think about it people. I may be a werewolf, but I am definitely NOT a Frenchie. How could I be both? Werewolf and Frenchman are mutually exclusive. And besides, do you really think I would kill off one of the only people I actually talk to regularly in our little group?

Also, I am betting now that Kelric is dead that I will be next killed by the Frenchmen.
Hamsterball_Z

Post by Hamsterball_Z »

ChrisGrenard wrote:Werewolf and Frenchman are mutually exclusive.
Frenchman maybe, but have you seen some of their unshaven women? Silly me, of course you have. :wink:
And besides, do you really think I would kill off one of the only people I actually talk to regularly in our little group?
Fair enough. I rule Kelric's death a suicide caused by listening to ChrisGrenard's annoying French accent!
(HBZ)
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Im keeping my eye on Grenard and Noxious. But for now.. Grenard has my vote
CSL

Post by CSL »

Grenard now has three votes - five will do it.
Gryndyl

Post by Gryndyl »

Grenaaaaaard! Kill!!!

I'm sorry, what was that about there being french people here?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I think suspicion should lay squarely on the shoulders of the one who knew so much about french history. As I was clearly ignorant of it (picture me as Sir Robin only not as bright as Robin was brave) it can only be......

Hamsterball_Z I'm tired of your french antics you must be put to the test.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

I know not what Remus knows, but I think St. Grenard is no Frenchman, despite what happened to Kelric.

I think the Frenchman in our midst is Mr. Bubbles! And no, I have no real reason, I just picked a name at random.

I'm gooooood at these games of logic and deduction, I tell you.
CSL

Post by CSL »

Alright, still noone sentenced but Grenard and Noxious still need to vote.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I call on all loyal Englishmen to join in the cause and reveal Hamsterball_Z for the dirty frog he is. Grenard does not strike me a french, the last name thing is way to obvious so he must be true. Help slay the evil frenchman who tried to subtley get you all to join in attacking our fellow Briton.
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

That was 4 quick votes for CG, which would lead me to believer either CG is French, or 2 of the voters are.

Since CG only has a 38% chance of being French, I think it's more likely that 2 of Bubbles, pr0ner, Gryndyl, and Z are French.

But I must think this over further.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Gryndyl

Post by Gryndyl »

I withdraw my vote for Grenard! I vote for Noxious Dog I think he might feel left out.

Remus: But how do you know he's French?

Gryndyl: He likes croissants!

ALL: French! Kill him!

Grenard: Ooh, croissants! I love croissants!

ALL: French! Kill him!

Grenard: Oh, come on, who here doesn't like a nice croissant?

ALL: (Nervous shuffling and murmuring)

Grenard: Maybe with a bit of jelly and a spot of snail.

Noxious: Snail?

Grenard: BUTTER! I meant butter!

Noxious: Ah, I see.

Grenard: Sometimes I accidentally say snail when I mean to say butter. Easy mistake really, could happen to anyone. You know, "there goes a snailfly...", that sort of thing.

Noxious: Can't say I've ever noticed.

Grenard: Well, you wouldn't, would you? It's like all those times when you mean to say 'ice cream' and instead you say 'bollocks'

Noxious: I never!

Remus: Actually you do that all the time

Grenard: Ooh, look! A snailfly!
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

I ain't the frenchman you are all looking for, and I firmly believe we have two frenchies conniving with some of our own in an attempt to frame me.

Hampsterball may not be the frenchman, but damned if he is trying to be. He must be carried off by African swallows!
Hamsterball_Z

Post by Hamsterball_Z »

noxiousdog wrote:I think it's more likely that 2 of Bubbles, pr0ner, Gryndyl, and Z are French.
Wait... You listed everyone but Triggercut. Why did you leave him out? Are you two our Frenchies?! I think you've convinced me to change my vote from Grenard to you Noxiousdog!
(HBZ)
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Well, well, well.

Before we vote, I need everyone to look long and hard at this.

In the very first round, Dear Mr. Triggercut came to me and revealed himself as Brother Maynard. Naturally I was suspicious. He let me know he'd be targeting Remus West next.

Important note: Only two of us could be French if this is an elaborate scheme.

In this round of voting there were 4 quick votes for Chris Grenard with the 3 of us abstaining. Therefore Chris is either innocent (most likely), in league with triggercut (less likely as that would mean trigs scheme was to play both RW and I), or suiciding for the French (highly unlikely with so many remaining English).

This leaves the probable scenario that 2 of the 4 CG voters are French.
That would be Mr. Bubbles, pr0ner, Gryndal, and/or Hamsterball_Z.

So, where do we go from here?

If Trig or I am lying, then there is a Brother Maynard amongst you. This would be the time to come forth. (Unless Kelric is Brother Maynard, in which case we're in trouble ;) )

My suggestion would be for anyone claiming to be Brother Maynard to come forth. They can be matched up in a test of prognostication against triggercut.

It appears that we have the French cornered. They can delay a little, but they cannot defeat us.

Note also: I have not voted for anyone. The more discussion we have the better. But you all have all the 'secret' information than I have, so I suggest you bring yours to the table as well so we can end this charade.
Black Lives Matter

pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

In light of noxiousdog's well thought out logic, I withdraw my vote for ChrisGrenard.

I, too, need to think this over.
Hodor.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

noxiousdog wrote:Mr. Bubbles, pr0ner, Hamsterball_z, and gromit have all been quiet. Spies I say!
Remus West wrote:And I do not promise my vote to the last person, still waiting for something to give me a feeling."
And Remus West is even worse. He can't even make a decision!
noxiousdog wrote:This leaves the probable scenario that 2 of the 4 CG voters are French.
That would be Mr. Bubbles, pr0ner, Gryndal, and/or Hamsterball_Z.
I'd say Noxious made up him mind before the Grenard vote. With the exception of replacing Gryndal and gromit... He's had it out for me proner and Hamsterball... Hmmm trying to pick us off. I think him and Grenard have it out for the English...
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Mr Bubbles wrote:I'd say Noxious made up him mind before the Grenard vote. With the exception of replacing Gryndal and gromit... He's had it out for me proner and Hamsterball... Hmmm trying to pick us off. I think him and Grenard have it out for the English...
That's not logical.

If Grenard and I are French, then Trig would be lying to me about being Brother Maynard. What possible purpose would that serve?
Black Lives Matter

Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Trigg would you like to come out into the open.. or has Noxious tied you up. I fear for Triggercut... Im afraid Noxious has done horrible things to him.
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Mr Bubbles wrote:Trigg would you like to come out into the open.. or has Noxious tied you up. I fear for Triggercut... Im afraid Noxious has done horrible things to him.
I'm sure Triggercut and Remus West will be along before too long, though considering the hour, they may have already had too much ale.
Black Lives Matter

triggercut

Post by triggercut »

(Throws off knightly chainmail to reveal a cleric's frock)

Yes, TREMBLE oh ye French! Tremble ye here, tremble ye now!

(Draws out pine cone)

Behold the Holy Hand Grenade Of Antioch! Tremble all thee, for the existence of this righteous weapon of destruction was foretold in the Book Of Armaments.

I'll use it, I swear.

I am indeed Brother Maynard. I can say without hesitation that thanks to the Holy Book of French Revealing and Beret Detection, I have been able to establish beyond shadow of doubt before God and Man, that noxiousdog is as English as bad teeth, rainy days, and lousy opera. He is a Briton!

Furthermore, I have performed the rituals upon the soul of another, Remus West. He too is a Briton through and through. He wears a Middlesborough team stripe under his mail. What man not of pure English descent would do such a foul thing?

And so let us look at our vote for the Catapulting today. In short order 4 of you voted to send poor Chris Grenard wriggling and writhing to his death. I nearly cast the deciding fifth vote myself....

...when loyal retainer Remus West pointed out to me in hushed and awed tones that the only non-voters for Mr. Grenard were the three of us, plus the poor Mr. Grenard himself! It would be surpassing foolish for the French to send one of their only two emissaries to his death, so that clearly makes him...not French! He's English too, by careful deduction. Truly Remus West possesses skills of intellectual grandeur which rival that of Sir Kay and Sir Bedevere!

And so it comes to this. Of Hamsterball_Z, pr0ner, Gryndyl, or Mr. Bubbles, two of you are FRENCH!!!!

Let the accusations fly, lads. I'm going to be sitting here with my Holy Hand Grenade, watching ever so carefully.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Seeing as how he made the first accusation of Noxiousdog, whose stout logic was backed up by Triggercut, I must vote for Gryndyl.

It is the only way. He is French.
Hodor.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

I will withdraw my vote for Grenard for now. I must spend more time thinking this over.
Hamsterball_Z

Post by Hamsterball_Z »

If Triggercut is Brother Maynard you just put him in jeopardy, didn't you? Or do you expect the French to go after you instead of him? Assuming you're not French of course. If there is another Maynard would he really want to reveal himself to expose a potential french deception, particularly while both villains are still around?

Either way, Remus should be insulted that you called him Ralph Wiggum. :P
(HBZ)
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

Hamsterball_Z wrote:If Triggercut is Brother Maynard you just put him in jeopardy, didn't you? Or do you expect the French to go after you instead of him? Assuming you're not French of course. If there is another Maynard would he really want to reveal himself to expose a potential french deception, particularly while both villains are still around?

Either way, Remus should be insulted that you called him Ralph Wiggum. :P