This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Lars

Post by Lars »

triggercut

Die, you undead bastard!
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

I'm the other Seer. My recollection of events might be somewhat out of order as my memory sucks, but you'll get the general idea of how this went.

On the first night I dreamed of Noxiousdog and was told he was not a normal villager. During the day after that he contacted me, letting me know that JD had brought my name up for lynching since I hadn't been active yet. I thanked him and promptly posted and he followed up with asking me if I had any feel for what was going on in the game yet. I replied that I didn't, but that Arcanis seemed somewhat suspicious.

I decided the chances were much higher that Nox was a vampire than the other Seer, especially with the PMs I was getting from both him and triggercut. Nox and trig were both pushing for McNutt to get lynched, so this basically confirmed my thoughts of Nox as a vampire. I wasn't sure if trig was being played or was another vamp at this time.

The second night, I again dreamt of Nox and he was a dirty bloodsucker. Unfortunately, I didn't have any confirmed innocents to contact yet but I kept away from voting for McNutt as I was now certain he was innocent (but with him about to be lynched, it'd be a waste to contact him). Triggercut at one point said he was switching his vote to storz and that he was keeping an eye on Ralph Wiggum and Nox, making me suspicious of all three. They were all voting for McNutt by this point I believe.

On the third night I was to dream of JD, but he had been eaten, so I dreamed of Jiffy. I contacted him and convinced him (mostly) of the truth of me being one of the Seers. I had him reveal himself to Arcanis (who we felt to be innocent as Nox was now voting for him) and tell he was in contact with one of the Seers and that Nox was a vampire. Arcanis kept up the game he had started with msteelers, saying he was the other Seer.

After a few communications between Jiffy and Arcanis, it was revealed to us that msteelers was the real Seer, so he and I started sorting through the remaining innocents. Everyone I found was an innocent, but Triggercut was found not to be a normal villager by msteelers. He's the last vampire.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

I had Kelric made from day 2, but got talked out of it repeatedly by the other vamps. Kelric and I exchanged a lengthy pm...and then nothing. I figured he made me for "non-human" and was chatting me up to see if I was the other seer. Oh well.

I figured there was a good chance Arcanis was covering for someone, but couldn't figure out who it was. I thought it might be Lars, but absent any info, had to go with the obvious.

The game was really over when the rules about the seers being able to "double read" to determine a vampire came in. I didn't see that until I'd already picked victims, and by that time it was all over, to be honest. (That rule definitely makes it tough for the vampires to win, btw--figuring that no seer is going to go to be staked without opening his mouth, unless the vamps can take one out early, it's a real uphill battle.) I figured I'd get made as non-human very early on, and probably be lynched early. I had hoped to grab two fellow vamps who might've been seered up on the first day and found innocent and then convert them and have them be able to fly under the radar a bit.

Ah well. Good game all!
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

triggercut wrote:I had Kelric made from day 2, but got talked out of it repeatedly by the other vamps. Kelric and I exchanged a lengthy pm...and then nothing. I figured he made me for "non-human" and was chatting me up to see if I was the other seer. Oh well.
Yeah, I kept meaning to get back to you but didn't. Guess I should have. Nox I kept exchanging PMs with a little and even alerted him to being accused as a vampire early on.

I must say, in hindsight, RW, you and Nox were a pretty likely trio. Meaning there were no surprise selections - no lurkers, nobody running another game, etc. Just three posters who have all been around for a while.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Damn. I was pretty sure that Arcanis wasn't a seer, but I thought that Arkon was the one he was covering for.

I also didn't realize that seers could have a vision a second time on someone to find out their true identity (I guess I should've read the rules more carefully). That definitely makes it harder on the vampires, since no seer will only vision someone once if they find out he's not a normal villager.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Oh, and victim choices:

pr0ner on day one, but not because of the McNutt accusation. We were trying desperately to find the seers, and absent any other info early on, the fact that pr0ner contacted me a lot made me suspicious that he was a seer and had seered me up on day one. Sorry dude!

JD on day two, just because he was acting seery. Arkanis and Jiffy were just shots in the dark.
Crux

Post by Crux »

I have to disagree on the second vision giving the seer an unfair advantage. I personlly wouldn't use it and rely on the voting and beahviour tofigure out which they are. Really the seers just got very
lucky by both fingering vampires early.

I'm going to consider the rules a little before starting the next game just to make sure they are fair.
If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit - Mitch Hedberg
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

well for me you realy had no choice to take me out, proclaiming myself as a seer and then confirming i had had contact from the other seer. I fyou hadn't taken me out you only had a guess to go on as to who the real seers were adn most likely they would have been safe and we would have coordinated our efforts with me being th mouth piece so that they never had to take any heat for posting about things first.

It was realy luck that the seers got ND and RW off the bat they figured i was trust worthy so MSteelers saved the game by working with me based off of them railroading me. This gave me the oportunity to get out there and make som noise with some credible information.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."--George Orwell
Arkon

Post by Arkon »

Arcanis wrote:well for me you realy had no choice to take me out, proclaiming myself as a seer and then confirming i had had contact from the other seer. I fyou hadn't taken me out you only had a guess to go on as to who the real seers were adn most likely they would have been safe and we would have coordinated our efforts with me being th mouth piece so that they never had to take any heat for posting about things first.

It was realy luck that the seers got ND and RW off the bat they figured i was trust worthy so MSteelers saved the game by working with me based off of them railroading me. This gave me the oportunity to get out there and make som noise with some credible information.
Wait, we still need to stake the bastard triggercut
Jiffy

Post by Jiffy »

Arcanis wrote:well for me you realy had no choice to take me out, proclaiming myself as a seer and then confirming i had had contact from the other seer. I fyou hadn't taken me out you only had a guess to go on as to who the real seers were adn most likely they would have been safe and we would have coordinated our efforts with me being th mouth piece so that they never had to take any heat for posting about things first.

This was also why I came out as having contact with the other seers, and fingering RW as the second vamp. (well, Kelric did ask me to come out and say so). Mostly, in my mind at least, it was done to try and ensure that I was the second to die after Arc, giving the seers enough time to pinpoint exactly who was the 3rd vamp. Didn't want the vamps to hit either seer if possible. :)
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Arcanis wrote:It was realy luck that the seers got ND and RW off the bat they figured i was trust worthy so MSteelers saved the game by working with me based off of them railroading me. This gave me the oportunity to get out there and make som noise with some credible information.
That's really it. Any time a seer can pick a vamp so early it easily swings the game.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

noxiousdog wrote:
Arcanis wrote:It was realy luck that the seers got ND and RW off the bat they figured i was trust worthy so MSteelers saved the game by working with me based off of them railroading me. This gave me the oportunity to get out there and make som noise with some credible information.
That's really it. Any time a seer can pick a vamp so early it easily swings the game.
I was surprised when the first two people I investigated were vampires, and then to find out that Kelric found one the first night too kind of sealed the deal. At that point it was a matter of convincing the crowd to go after you guys, without giving ourselves away. I was glad Arcanis was willing to take one for the team, but at that point he was about to be lynched, and if he did die the game might have reached the point of no return. I can't think of a way I could have reached Kelric without his help, or out you and Ralph as vampires without giving myself away.

I was just mad that when I finally reached out to someone to start to form a voting block, you guy ate him. Although it did prove to me that I picked correctly and chose an innocent :D
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

msteelers wrote:
noxiousdog wrote:
I was surprised when the first two people I investigated were vampires, and then to find out that Kelric found one the first night too kind of sealed the deal. At that point it was a matter of convincing the crowd to go after you guys, without giving ourselves away. I was glad Arcanis was willing to take one for the team, but at that point he was about to be lynched, and if he did die the game might have reached the point of no return. I can't think of a way I could have reached Kelric without his help, or out you and Ralph as vampires without giving myself away.

I was just mad that when I finally reached out to someone to start to form a voting block, you guy ate him. Although it did prove to me that I picked correctly and chose an innocent :D
The funny thing is I meant to dream of JD that night he got eaten. So we would have gotten in touch with each other a little sooner if they had picked someone else.
J.D.

Post by J.D. »

Good game everyone, and with tomorrow being Monday, I really don't want to spend a whole week at work without a new game. Maybe I'll get one going this time? Hmmmm, we'll see. If no one else starts one, maybe I will sometime tomorrow.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

I was the first one killed in the Monty Python game, so I've got nothing going at this time. I'd like to get in on Lars' next one or one with the same rule set.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Who was the Alpha Vamp? Was it you, Trig?
Hodor.
Harkonis

Post by Harkonis »

I think it'd be an interesting counter to the 2 seer effect in this variant if the alpha vampire could turn an additional player every so many days. Maybe every third night someone would be bitten, possibly instead of eaten.

The dual seer thing really seems to load it against the vamps in this version.
I loved DP too! :P - ChesspieceFace
Crux

Post by Crux »

Harkonis wrote:I think it'd be an interesting counter to the 2 seer effect in this variant if the alpha vampire could turn an additional player every so many days. Maybe every third night someone would be bitten, possibly instead of eaten.

The dual seer thing really seems to load it against the vamps in this version.
You'd have to play multiple games to really be able to tell if this is true or not. In this instance, both seers guessed vampires off the bat. Heck one of the Seers was 2 for 2 on vampire detection! That really changes the entire game when they are found so quickly. And it was blind luck.
If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit - Mitch Hedberg
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

pr0ner wrote:Who was the Alpha Vamp? Was it you, Trig?
Yeah, sorry buddy. I really didn't want to eat you, but you were sending me seer-y vibes in our pm's. I'd thought you'd dreamt me as "non-human" and were feeling me out to figure which one I was.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

triggercut wrote:
pr0ner wrote:Who was the Alpha Vamp? Was it you, Trig?
Yeah, sorry buddy. I really didn't want to eat you, but you were sending me seer-y vibes in our pm's. I'd thought you'd dreamt me as "non-human" and were feeling me out to figure which one I was.
Hah. No worries. You played the game the way you needed to. I just happened to be an innocent who was sacrificed by PMing with a vampire.
Hodor.