[Vampire] Jiffy was dessert.

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

After some private conversations, I think that McNutt is the right choice at this time.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Crux

Post by Crux »

storz - Lynched
pr0ner - Dinner

JD - Ralph Wiggum
Silky
Ralph Wiggum - Arkon
Noxiousdog - McNutt
triggercut
Jiffy
Lars - Jiffy
Kelric - triggercut
McNutt - Arcanis
Arcanis - Ralph Wiggum
tru1cy - McNutt
Arkon - Ralph Wiggum
msteelers
If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit - Mitch Hedberg
J.D.

Post by J.D. »

My instinct is to vote for noxiousdog or triggercut because they would be the most useful allies to the alpha vamp (if neither of them is the alpha vamp themselves). But then I'm thinking that the alpha vamp purposely would NOT pick them because they are the most likely lynching candidates. I think the alpha vamp would go with someone known to them in the OO community, but can still fly under the radar.

For this reason, I pick Ralph Wiggum.
Silky

Post by Silky »

I have to go with someone and I will choose McNutt

Vote for McNutt removed
Mr. Flibble says: Game Over boys!
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Oh man. There's no info to make this vote. I kind of suspected Arkon, but that is just a gut feeling. I have nothing to substantiate that vote, so I'm going to hold off on voting for him because everyone of my past gut feelings has been wrong. Every time. So that means I now believe Arkon to be an innocent.

The only thing I can see so far that would help me in choosing my vote is that McNutt came out and accused Arcanis. I would think that Arcanis, if he were guilty, would come right back and either accuse McNutt, or wait until a majority was beginning to form and vote for that person. But he didn't. He voted for someone else.

Based on that, I will follow Arcanis, and cast a vote for Ralph Wiggum. Besides. He posted all those hurtful pictures of me in the first round.
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

J.D. wrote:My instinct is to vote for noxiousdog or triggercut because they would be the most useful allies to the alpha vamp (if neither of them is the alpha vamp themselves). But then I'm thinking that the alpha vamp purposely would NOT pick them because they are the most likely lynching candidates. I think the alpha vamp would go with someone known to them in the OO community, but can still fly under the radar.

I appreciate that, but I have yet to survive a game, so I can't be that useful ;)
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

J.D. wrote:I think the alpha vamp would go with someone known to them in the OO community, but can still fly under the radar.

Well, that wouldn't be me. I've died early in almost every werewolf game I've played (and been innocent every time :( ).

Since it seems like it's down to me or McNutt, I guess I'll change my vote to McNutt. Sorry, McNutt.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Arcanis wrote:Oh and so that no one calles my a pacifist i'll cast the die and vote for Ralf-Wiggum since he is trying to throw us off and talking about people being werewolves. :shock:
:doh:

That's what I get for trying to play more than one game at once.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

I'm sticking with Arcanis unless new information shines the light on someone else. I will also change my vote if it appears that I'm causing a deadlock, which I doubt I will. Changing to Ralph Wiggum right now might better my chances of not getting whacked, but I don't see anything that makes me think he's one. I'd just be saving my skin at the cost of another innocent.

Right now everybody is just guessing (I think), so I'm as good a target as anybody else. I still have to go with my gut and say Arcanis. I have a feeling my ghost will be screaming "I told you so, you bitches!"
Crux

Post by Crux »

JD - Ralph Wiggum
Silky - McNutt
Ralph Wiggum - McNutt
Noxiousdog - McNutt
triggercut
Jiffy
Lars - Jiffy
Kelric - triggercut
McNutt - Arcanis
Arcanis - Ralph Wiggum
tru1cy - McNutt
Arkon - Ralph Wiggum
msteelers - Ralph Wiggum

7 Votes needed for a majority.

Current Tally:
Ralph Wiggum - 4
McNutt - 4
Arcanis - 1
triggercut - 1
Jiffy - 1
If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit - Mitch Hedberg
J.D.

Post by J.D. »

If the three vamps are Arcanis, Jiffy or Triggercut, expect some serious railroading action on either Ralph or McNutt.
Jiffy

Post by Jiffy »

J.D. wrote:If the three vamps are Arcanis, Jiffy or Triggercut, expect some serious railroading action on either Ralph or McNutt.
-
-
Casting doubt on us before we even vote? Seems to me that you are trying to set us up to take a fall, because at this point Ralph and Mcnutt are the only candidates up for lynching that are even remotely close.
-
-
-
Something smells funny here.
-
-
-
I vote that Arcanis is strung up. His posts seem a bit odd to me.
Jiffy

Post by Jiffy »

Double posting is fun.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Absent of any information from the two seers only the posting habits is the only information we can go on. I have to be honest I am starting to waiver n my vote for McNutt. Starting to think I/we was played when pr0ner ended up dying after McNutt mistakenly voted for him...or was it a mistake :?
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

I'd love to break the logjam and vote for either Wiggum or McNutt.

I really would.

Thing is, neither guy feels "right". This feels just like what happened at Harm's Ferry when innocent villagers like Kelric and msteelers got hung high simply because the mob jumped on them.

Ralph and McNutt are both patsies. They've both been setup. That's what I think, anyway.

I'm voting for Arcanis. He's playing his cards way to close to the vest right now.
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
Crux

Post by Crux »

JD - Ralph Wiggum
Silky - McNutt
Ralph Wiggum - McNutt
Noxiousdog - McNutt
triggercut - Arcanis
Jiffy - Arcanis
Lars - Jiffy
Kelric - triggercut
McNutt - Arcanis
Arcanis - Ralph Wiggum
tru1cy - McNutt
Arkon - Ralph Wiggum
msteelers - Ralph Wiggum

Current Tally:
Ralph Wiggum - 4
McNutt - 4
Arcanis - 3
triggercut - 1
Jiffy - 1
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

I'm going to change my vote off of Arcanis, if only for just now. I may come back to it. I'm not easily railroaded, but I'm willing to wait this out a bit.
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

Triggercut i don't have any cards to be playing close to the vest with. Like Tru1cy said we have nothing to go on until the seers reveal themselves other than peoples posting patterns. I honestly think the the Alpha vamp would have selected RW as one of his minions, like i said i just want to live until the seers can break this game wide open.

edit i guess i wass a little to slow with my responce.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."--George Orwell
Arkon

Post by Arkon »

We have little to go on other than gut feelings right now. As such I voted with my gut feeling. In the first round Ralph-Wiggum was flip-flopping alot, thus why I voted for him then and am voting still for him now.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Crux wrote:JD - Ralph Wiggum
Silky - McNutt
Ralph Wiggum - McNutt
Noxiousdog - McNutt
triggercut - Arcanis
Jiffy - Arcanis
Lars - Jiffy
Kelric - triggercut
McNutt - Arcanis
Arcanis - Ralph Wiggum
tru1cy - McNutt
Arkon - Ralph Wiggum
msteelers - Ralph Wiggum

Current Tally:
Ralph Wiggum - 4
McNutt - 4
Arcanis - 3
triggercut - 1
Jiffy - 1
Question, do we need 7 votes to continue? It seems that if everyone has voted the person with the most votes would be staked. Now, triggercut withdrew his vote, so not everyone has voted. But if he does vote and there is a player with a majority, do they get staked, or do we argue until someone has 7 votes?

I was curious because we could be here for awhile if we have to wait for 7. Hell, we could be here for awhile if we even have to wait for someone else to vote for Ralph or McNutt since they are tied.
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

msteelers wrote: Question, do we need 7 votes to continue? It seems that if everyone has voted the person with the most votes would be staked. Now, triggercut withdrew his vote, so not everyone has voted. But if he does vote and there is a player with a majority, do they get staked, or do we argue until someone has 7 votes?
I think at some point a plurality vote can be declared.
Black Lives Matter

Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

acctualy since that was voted Triggercut has pulled his vote for me, of which i am greatful i didn't want to get a piece of wood plunged into my chest, so now there is 1 person who does not have a vote in the mix and if he votes for either RW or McNutt he would break the tie.

There is definitely some subtle manipulation going on here. All of these votes just don't feel right, i think we will condem an innocent man again and i do not like the thought of that.

edit: Thought that i had stated this then when reading my post realized i hadn't i withdraw my vote for RW.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."--George Orwell
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Arcanis wrote:acctualy since that was voted Triggercut has pulled his vote for me, of which i am greatful i didn't want to get a piece of wood plunged into my chest, so now there is 1 person who does not have a vote in the mix and if he votes for either RW or McNutt he would break the tie.

There is definitely some subtle manipulation going on here. All of these votes just don't feel right, i think we will condem an innocent man again and i do not like the thought of that.
That's certainly most likely. 70% of us are innocent. The important part is to avoid seers. Vamps can be dealt with in time.
Black Lives Matter

Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Arcanis, for reasons of suspicious activity and PMed conversations.
Silky

Post by Silky »

Chalk up another vote for Arcanis

I am a sucker for PM conversation reasons. If Arcanis is found not guilty then I hope an explanation will be forthcoming.
Mr. Flibble says: Game Over boys!
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Can I get in on the PMs? My vote for Arcanis was based solely on what I read on the public forum.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

withdrawing my vote for McNutt at the moment something is stirring the masses....
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

i am not a vampire and whoever it is sending these PM's saying that they have proof of it is more than likely a vampire themself. I don't see anything that i have done other than be honest with the group at large. this itself seems to be enough to condem a man.

If you steak me you will be loseing yet another person that is here to help against the vampires. At least when you do kill me i will have the satisfaction of saying i told you so, when i'm shown innocent.
Jiffy

Post by Jiffy »

I Withdraw my vote for Arcanis for now.
Arkon

Post by Arkon »

Hey here is an idea, perhaps if we keep this indecision and hand wringing over non information at this point we can all die of old age and then the vampires won't have any food to eat!
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Well at this point I think it will come down to plurality vote. Seven of us will not vote for one person
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

tru1cy wrote:Well at this point I think it will come down to plurality vote. Seven of us will not vote for one person
Yeah, we're just kind of going in circles right now.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

can we get an updated vote count please?
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

unless i'm mistaken this is where it should be at:

JD - Ralph Wiggum
Silky - Arcanis
Ralph Wiggum - McNutt
Noxiousdog - McNutt
triggercut -
Jiffy -
Lars - Jiffy
Kelric - Arcanis
McNutt - Arcanis
Arcanis -
tru1cy -
Arkon - Ralph Wiggum
msteelers - Ralph Wiggum

Current Tally:
Ralph Wiggum - 3
McNutt - 2
Arcanis - 3
Jiffy - 1
Withdrawn votes without new vote cast - 4
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Arcanis wrote:unless i'm mistaken this is where it should be at:

JD - Ralph Wiggum
Silky - Arcanis
Ralph Wiggum - McNutt
Noxiousdog - McNutt
triggercut -
Jiffy -
Lars - Jiffy
Kelric - Arcanis
McNutt - Arcanis
Arcanis -
tru1cy -
Arkon - Ralph Wiggum
msteelers - Ralph Wiggum

Current Tally:
Ralph Wiggum - 3
McNutt - 2
Arcanis - 3
Jiffy - 1
Withdrawn votes without new vote cast - 4
Thank you. Well, since my reasoning for voting has changed his mind, I withdraw my vote for Ralph Wiggum
Arkon

Post by Arkon »

I wonder, should there be rules that after a certain amount of time the game progresses to night, and if indecision is running amok in the village no one gets staked, but the vamps get another kill and the seers get visions?
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Arkon wrote:I wonder, should there be rules that after a certain amount of time the game progresses to night, and if indecision is running amok in the village no one gets staked, but the vamps get another kill and the seers get visions?
I don't like that personally. The early rounds have consistently taken longer because we have little information to work off of. Maybe there should be a set time when people need to have their votes in, and then at that time the player with the most votes gets lynched. I also think only 1 person dying throws off the balance of the game. You need an odd number of players so that a majority vote can be reached. If only one is killed at night then the number of players becomes even.
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

I have no reason to change my vote, and little reason to keep it. But little reason > no reason.
Black Lives Matter

J.D.

Post by J.D. »

I'm so confused. And not one PM in my inbox. I feel like I'm being left in the dark.
Arkon

Post by Arkon »

msteelers wrote:
Arkon wrote:I wonder, should there be rules that after a certain amount of time the game progresses to night, and if indecision is running amok in the village no one gets staked, but the vamps get another kill and the seers get visions?
I don't like that personally. The early rounds have consistently taken longer because we have little information to work off of. Maybe there should be a set time when people need to have their votes in, and then at that time the player with the most votes gets lynched. I also think only 1 person dying throws off the balance of the game. You need an odd number of players so that a majority vote can be reached. If only one is killed at night then the number of players becomes even.
Then give the vamps 2 kills that night to compensate. But the fact is we have little to go on at this point, or so it would seem, and we just sit here in limbo.