[Vampire] Jiffy was dessert.

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Crux

[Vampire] Jiffy was dessert.

Post by Crux »

They say vampires don't exist. They are wrong. The origins of the vampire are lost in antiquity. Thousands of years have passed since they first walked the earth. That living nightmare, they have over time had their exploits turned into myth. The truth is bad enough.

They do not always use humans to feed. Sometimes they expand their numbers, using their powers to convert a once-innocent human into one of their own kind. Who can say truly why this is so: perhaps they retain some shred of humanity and simply seek company. More likely they seek safety in numbers. For sometimes, vampires are predator and prey.

For example, take the once-sleepy village of Harm's Ferry. Once it was a peaceful, friendly hamlet of trustworthy neighbours. Once. As you shall soon see, the appearance of a vampire amongst their numbers turned friends into foes. Death did not merely visit this town during the period we shall study. Death stayed for the entire week.

The Rules:

The game will take 15 players total. There shall be one vampire, and two seers. Everyone else will be a harmless villager. The Seers shall NOT know who each other are.

Every night the Seers shall dream of one person each. If one Seer dreams of another Seer, they will only be told the person is not a villager, but not whether they are a vampire or a Seer.

The first night, the vampire bites two other players to infect them. Then from the second night onwards, the three vampires choose together whom to feed on each night (the person they choose dies).

Sign up below, those who wish to participate. Please only sign up if you can be an active participant, and if you are not playing so many other games you'll have trouble keeping track :)

The Players:

Kelric
McNutt
storz
triggercut
Lars
Arcanis
pr0ner
tru1cy
Silky
Jiffy
J.D.
Arkon
Ralph Wiggum
Noxiousdog
msteelers
If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit - Mitch Hedberg
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

In.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

In.
storz

Post by storz »

IN :D
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

I van't to be in zhis one, blaa blablablablaaa.

I love the theme and this way you can turn some of the players you see as early threats to your side. What happens if the Vamp bites both the Seers on the 1st night. Vilagers = unhappy meals.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."--George Orwell
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

so in.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Arcanis wrote:I van't to be in zhis one, blaa blablablablaaa.

I love the theme and this way you can turn some of the players you see as early threats to your side. What happens if the Vamp bites both the Seers on the 1st night. Vilagers = unhappy meals.
Good question. Do they keep their Seer powers or just become regular vamps? And does the vampire get told that one or two of them were/are the Seer(s)?
Lars

Post by Lars »

In
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

IN! I'm so digging these.
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Crux

Post by Crux »

Kelric wrote:
Arcanis wrote:I van't to be in zhis one, blaa blablablablaaa.

Good question. Do they keep their Seer powers or just become regular vamps?
Don't worry ;) The Seers are chosen after the vampire sends me his/her two choices.
If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit - Mitch Hedberg
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

In!

Triggercut, you must really want to be in this game. Signing up twice? :D
Hodor.
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

pr0ner wrote:In!

Triggercut, you must really want to be in this game. Signing up twice? :D
he is hopping to be both a vamp and a seer at the same time.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."--George Orwell
Arkon

Post by Arkon »

In please!
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Bah, I goofed. Triggercut signed up thrice!
Hodor.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

in

-edit-damn triple post!
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

in
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

in
Silky

Post by Silky »

Sign me up
Mr. Flibble says: Game Over boys!
Jiffy

Post by Jiffy »

In!
J.D.

Post by J.D. »

Since I just died in my previous two games I was playing, I am now game-less, so count me IN! :D
setaside

Post by setaside »

Put me at the bottom of the list. If you're not able to fill out a roster, I'll be glad to participate.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Im in if there's a spot.
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

In.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

these games are like crack. I'd love to play this variant except I'm already in three others. Even with the one wrapping up its to much to add another.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Crux

Post by Crux »

I expect this one in particular to be perhaps the most complex and... difficult yet. There are so many added layers :D
ElGuapoDC

Post by ElGuapoDC »

In if there are any spots left.
Arkon

Post by Arkon »

bah, ya skipped me ya vampire bastard.
setaside

Post by setaside »

Let Arkon in. He can have my spot. ;)

Unless he's already rolled everybody in which case ... SUCK IT, ARKON!!! :twisted:

I kid.
Crux

Post by Crux »

Night fell on Harm's Ferry. Most retired to their beds after a long day of work. Some, however, did not. Few in the village would turn away a visitor to their door, even a stranger. A simple invitation to enter was the all the vampire needed. Once inside, it was a simple matter to bite his prey. His fell gaze could paralyze, and with this the vampire closed on its victim as a spider to the fly struggling feebly in its web. It bit deeply into the neck, feeling the hot rush of blood fill its mouth. But it was not here to feed, no. When it was done, this town would be as empty as Fell's Hamlet, some three hundred miles to the west. It intended to have its fill, but for that it would need help. Having done what it came to do, the vampire slid out the door. One more visit to make, but only one. Too many and there would barely be enough left to feed on. But one more to be sure.

Satisfied, the vampire returned to its lair. Dawn would be here soon, and it had fed after all. Who could have resisted such sweet blood? A small child, stepping outside to urinate into the night. It would alert the villagers to the vampire's presence, but it was too late. The damage had already been done.

The vampire should have a pm in their inbox. PM me back your two 'victims' for the night to join you as vampires. Choose well, for in the morning the village will be hunting.
Arkon

Post by Arkon »

setaside wrote:Let Arkon in. He can have my spot. ;)

Unless he's already rolled everybody in which case ... SUCK IT, ARKON!!! :twisted:

I kid.
Only a vampire would say such things!

:D
Crux

Post by Crux »

Arkon is in in place of setaside. Thanks setaside for helping me fix my screwup :P
Crux

Post by Crux »

No discussion or accusations for now please!

The vampire has been pmed and is choosing his/her accomplices. Here is the catch though. The two will not know who they are until after the first day's lynchings. After all, one does not become a vampire instantaneously ;)

Once the vampire has made his/her choices, I will pm the seers. The seers will have their visions, then the day's discussion begins. I'll notify when it is time![/b]
Lars

Post by Lars »

Crux wrote:No discussion or accusations for now please!

The vampire has been pmed and is choosing his/her accomplices. Here is the catch though. The two will not know who they are until after the first day's lynchings. After all, one does not become a vampire instantaneously ;)

Once the vampire has made his/her choices, I will pm the seers. The seers will have their visions, then the day's discussion begins. I'll notify when it is time![/b]
Crux, a question:

If the seers happen to pick one of the 2 people that the "head vampire" infects tonight, will the seers see them as innocent or as a vampire?
Crux

Post by Crux »

Lars wrote:

Crux, a question:

If the seers happen to pick one of the 2 people that the "head vampire" infects tonight, will the seers see them as innocent or as a vampire?
The seer will see them as a vampire. But they themselves won't know. hilarity ensues ;)
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

i will be at my night until about 11 or 12 CST tonight. So please don't take my silence as anything other than that during this time.

I accuse setaside and crux as the vampires muahha :P

wait what do you mean they aren't members of the vilage? :oops:

I'll check in after i get back from work.
Crux

Post by Crux »

Well, given the OO Atlanta get-together tonight, things likely won't get started for the villagers until tomorrow morning :)
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Crux wrote:Well, given the OO Atlanta get-together tonight, things likely won't get started for the villagers until tomorrow morning :)
So you're saying that one of the OO'ers in Atlanta is the vampire! Stakes ahoy, matties!
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Crux wrote:
Lars wrote:

Crux, a question:

The seer will see them as a vampire. But they themselves won't know. hilarity ensues ;)
When do the converts find out they have been vamped? I assume they find it before they go voting for lynchings?
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken