[Vampire] Jiffy was dessert.

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Arkon wrote:
msteelers wrote:
Arkon wrote:I wonder, should there be rules that after a certain amount of time the game progresses to night, and if indecision is running amok in the village no one gets staked, but the vamps get another kill and the seers get visions?
I don't like that personally. The early rounds have consistently taken longer because we have little information to work off of. Maybe there should be a set time when people need to have their votes in, and then at that time the player with the most votes gets lynched. I also think only 1 person dying throws off the balance of the game. You need an odd number of players so that a majority vote can be reached. If only one is killed at night then the number of players becomes even.
Then give the vamps 2 kills that night to compensate. But the fact is we have little to go on at this point, or so it would seem, and we just sit here in limbo.
But that would tip the scales in favor of the vampires. Wouldn't it be better to say, at a certain time the voting is cut off and the player with the most votes is lynched? And if there is a tie the person running the game, in this case crux, can roll a dice or something as a tie breaker. That way at least there is a chance of the village catching a vampire. Or maybe you don't want the village to catch a vampire... :ninja:
Arkon

Post by Arkon »

msteelers wrote:
Arkon wrote:
msteelers wrote:
Arkon wrote:I wonder, should there be rules that after a certain amount of time the game progresses to night, and if indecision is running amok in the village no one gets staked, but the vamps get another kill and the seers get visions?
I don't like that personally. The early rounds have consistently taken longer because we have little information to work off of. Maybe there should be a set time when people need to have their votes in, and then at that time the player with the most votes gets lynched. I also think only 1 person dying throws off the balance of the game. You need an odd number of players so that a majority vote can be reached. If only one is killed at night then the number of players becomes even.
Then give the vamps 2 kills that night to compensate. But the fact is we have little to go on at this point, or so it would seem, and we just sit here in limbo.
But that would tip the scales in favor of the vampires. Wouldn't it be better to say, at a certain time the voting is cut off and the player with the most votes is lynched? And if there is a tie the person running the game, in this case crux, can roll a dice or something as a tie breaker. That way at least there is a chance of the village catching a vampire. Or maybe you don't want the village to catch a vampire... :ninja:
My point is there needs to be something, at some point to prod the game along. We have had a lot of voting, then pulling the votes and basically are right back to where we were what, yesterday?
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Maybe vote pullers should be treated as quiet ones! :twisted:
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

There's been a lot of vote pulling all of a sudden. Nobody has terribly good reasons to vote for them so far. Go with a hunch or a gut feeling or something. Just keep a vote out there.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

The lack of information is a killer. I guess we just have to go with gut feelings just to get the game going. With that I vote for McNutt again Crux needs to step in here quickly
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
J.D.

Post by J.D. »

At this point I would like to change my vote to McNutt until further notice (if more evidence is provided to sway me in another direction).
Jiffy

Post by Jiffy »

Sorry Mcnutt, but we have deadlocked for a while now.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

I'm sticking with Arcanis. If I die today, and I can certainly understand it since everybody's pretty much guessing, I fully intend to ghost bomb this bitch when Arcanis is discovered to be the vampire.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

In the interest of moving this game along. I must vote for McNutt. A lot of people seem to be talking behind the scenes, and the consensus has been McNutt. McNutt, I'm sorry if you are a regular villager, but think of it this way...it probably wont hurt, and this will prove once and for all if you are a good person.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Current guess of mine at the current vote total:

JD - McNutt
Silky - Arcanis
Ralph Wiggum - McNutt
Noxiousdog - McNutt
triggercut -
Jiffy - McNutt
Lars - Jiffy
Kelric - Arcanis
McNutt - Arcanis
Arcanis -
tru1cy - McNutt
Arkon - Ralph Wiggum
msteelers - McNutt

The next vote should lynch McNutt if my math is right (always a risk).
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Yes, the game must continue, but at what cost, my brothers?

I will show you people how a man goes to his death. There will be no pleas for mercy. There will be no tears. Just let me look at the sky once more before I die.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Crux really needs to pop in here cause I am waffling again. Those voting for Arcanis can you explain why?
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

they are voting for me because McNutt said through his analisys of my posts that he believes i am a vamp.

thought he is wrong and trying to get my killed, i will not be the one to cast the fatal vote against him as i think he is inocent, however misguided.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."--George Orwell
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

tru1cy wrote:Crux really needs to pop in here cause I am waffling again. Those voting for Arcanis can you explain why?
Because I think McNutt may be innocent (but he also may be a vampire and a good case can be made against him) and really don't know who else to vote for. So I figured I'll follow his vote for this round and wait to see if anyone gives up some sort of evidence on McNutt tomorrow or if he gets killed by the vamps.

But seeing as how the tide has turned against him, in the best interests of the game since someone will come along at some point anyways, I change my vote to McNutt. Sorry, you were probably going to get killed anyways.

I hope you're a vampire. :)
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Here's my reasoning for voting for Arcanis. I was not going to give this away as I hoped to use it in the future, but it doesn't look like I'll have a future.

I have noticed that the people who later turn out to be the bad guys don't act the way the good guys act. What I mean is the people playing good characters talk like they normally do, but those assigned as bad characters tend to get into their characters. When lying about being afraid of vampires they seem to do it as their character and not just "I think a good guy is going to die." Arcanis posts seemed to be too into character. Maybe that's just the way he rolls, but it's what I went off of and it's a lot better than a random guess.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Kelric wrote: Because I think McNutt may be innocent (but he also may be a vampire and a good case can be made against him) . . .
What good case can be made against me? I think the best case that has been made is mine against Arcanis, but even I wouldn't call that a good case. It's more like the least crappy case.
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

don't worry McNutt they are just keeping me around to be lynched tomorrow so that a vamp won't have to be. they will have a stronger cause against me tomorrow than they would you. Your arguments have some merit as i do play in character, though not because i'm a vampire but because i play loads of d&d so it comes natural to me to put myself into the role. And because you made a case that actually had some reasoning to it the vamps will use that against me tomorrow to get me lynched instead of them.

As i said earlier i think your innocent and would not cast a vote against you to save my own skin.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."--George Orwell
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

I really, really don't think McNutt is a Vampire.

I'm going with my gut. I've pulled this vote twice, I won't do it again. Arcanis is a Vampire.
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

Triggercut i don't think that McNutt is a vampire either but it is too late they have condemed him without my vote or yours being needed. I am now trying to find my way through the posts to seek any clues as to who are the real vampires. I don't want to be lynched but don't want to see anyone who i don't think is guilty killed either.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Arcanis wrote:Triggercut i don't think that McNutt is a vampire either but it is too late they have condemed him without my vote or yours being needed. I am now trying to find my way through the posts to seek any clues as to who are the real vampires. I don't want to be lynched but don't want to see anyone who i don't think is guilty killed either.
I will say this: it ain't like we're going to accuse a Vampire and condemn him and the accused is gonna say "Yep, you got me. I'm guilty." I'd expect histrionics galore, whether someone is guilty or innocent.

That's part of what makes this game so inscrutible. And fun!
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

i'm about to leave work and have practice tonight so i'll return later to see the situation.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Where oh where has our Crux gone?
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Kelric wrote:Where oh where has our Crux gone?
Apparently the vampires got to him.
Crux

Post by Crux »

He went to his death a man of courage. A grunt as the wooden stake pierced his chest, but no more. He had protested his innocence, and none had believed him. Perhaps they should of. He bled, and bled, and died the death of a normal man. McNutt was innocent. The villagers crept away in stunned silence. They had been wrong, and three creatures of the night would stalk them with the coming dark. They were running out of time.

storz - Lynched
McNutt - Lynched

pr0ner - Dinner

JD
Silky
Ralph Wiggum
Noxiousdog
triggercut
Jiffy
Lars
Kelric
Arcanis
tru1cy
Arkon
msteelers

Vampires and Seers pm me with your choices please.
If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit - Mitch Hedberg
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Damnit McNutt, you should have been a vampire.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Damn it. I was started to hope that we actually had one. Well. Time to go check the crosses and salt.
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

I just knew McNutt was innocent. I was hoping I was wrong.

...and by "knew", I meant that pr0ner's death reeked of being a setup to frame McNutt. Our Vampires are anything but subtle.

EDIT: But "not subtle" is GOOD! It's very, very GOOD!!!
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

well crap, i didn't want to see that happen either. Once we see who the vampires think is going to taiste like Mcdonalds tonight we get to start this whol vicious circle of self destruction again though hopefully more informed.
Crux

Post by Crux »

JD was found sitting in a chair, eyes wide with fright. By now the villagers knew by a simple glance the tell-tale signs. The only consolation was there were still only three sets of fang-marks on the man's neck - the Vampires had not multiplied again. It was a mob driven by fear now, not anger, that gathered in the square. A vampire had to die, or they all might.

storz - Lynched
McNutt - Lynched

pr0ner - Dinner
JD - Dinner

Silky
Ralph Wiggum
Noxiousdog
triggercut
Jiffy
Lars
Kelric
Arcanis
tru1cy
Arkon
msteelers

6 Votes needed for a lynching. I'll be gone pretty much all day, so everyone try to stay calm this time ;) You can vote without reaching a consensus at least until tomorrow evening before I step in. The ebb and flow is the game, people. Relish it!
If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit - Mitch Hedberg
J.D.

Post by J.D. »

Damn. I guess it's nice to know that they think I was a big enough threat to eliminate.

Good luck guys.

EDIT: Although not important enough to get my name in the thread title! ;)
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

:(

At least the seers should have something to work with at this point.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

we can only hope and prey that they do.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Well if we have to wait until tomorrow evening for Crux to get back, at least we'll have ample time to argue in circles.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Arcanis wrote:we can only hope and prey that they do.
Freudian slip...you decide
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

msteelers wrote:Well if we have to wait until tomorrow evening for Crux to get back, at least we'll have ample time to argue in circles.
My specialty!
Black Lives Matter

noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

tru1cy wrote:
ouch.
Black Lives Matter

Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

tru1cy wrote:
just chalk that up to bad spelling teachers and me not paying attention when i type. :oops:
Arkon

Post by Arkon »

Unless someone can tell me otherwise, my gut still says Ralph-Wiggum is a vampire.

Ralph was the first to suggest we vote for Storz, who was innocent. Ralph played it off as being just a random, whoever hasn't posted yet, but he was able to say that since he knew that those who hadn't posted were all innocents. However he flip flopped on the vote a few times to look indecisive so we wouldn't think he was pushing for it.

Then Ralph used McNutt's mistake by offing pr0ner to his advantage, it was just too easy of a kill. Ralph quickly jumped to the defense of McNutt, saying that it would have been dumb for McNutt to off pr0ner if he were the vampire. Then to save his own skin, when votes were starting to go against him, Ralph changed his vote to McNutt. He made sure to change in the middle so his vote wouldn't be the deciding vote.

Also keep in mind, J.D. had been voting for Ralph, but changed to McNutt. Ralph had to take out someone who was going for him, but I would have been too obvious a choice as I have only ever voted for Ralph. So J.D. ended up as dinner.

Again Ralph-Wiggum is a vampire!
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

Arkon wrote:Unless someone can tell me otherwise, my gut still says Ralph-Wiggum is a vampire.

Ralph was the first to suggest we vote for Storz, who was innocent. Ralph played it off as being just a random, whoever hasn't posted yet, but he was able to say that since he knew that those who hadn't posted were all innocents. However he flip flopped on the vote a few times to look indecisive so we wouldn't think he was pushing for it.

Then Ralph used McNutt's mistake by offing pr0ner to his advantage, it was just too easy of a kill. Ralph quickly jumped to the defense of McNutt, saying that it would have been dumb for McNutt to off pr0ner if he were the vampire. Then to save his own skin, when votes were starting to go against him, Ralph changed his vote to McNutt. He made sure to change in the middle so his vote wouldn't be the deciding vote.

Also keep in mind, J.D. had been voting for Ralph, but changed to McNutt. Ralph had to take out someone who was going for him, but I would have been too obvious a choice as I have only ever voted for Ralph. So J.D. ended up as dinner.

Again Ralph-Wiggum is a vampire!
if your logic is correct would he have not been served better taking me out instead of JD since JD was only voting for him because i did. He has it in his post.
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Arkon wrote:However he flip flopped on the vote a few times to look indecisive so we wouldn't think he was pushing for it.
I don't disagree with the rest, but that's witch logic.

If he wasn't a vampire he would be indecisive, since he wouldn't know anything. If he is a vampire then he switched his vote to look indecisive.

Besides, in the first round we were all indecisive.

My two cents: We have stuff to go on. The seers have been able to get 2 readings. Speed only benefits the vampires at this point.

edit: spelling is teh hard.
Black Lives Matter