[Chaosravenz WW] Eternal Night... all Hail the Fallen

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

CeeKay wrote:
Remus West wrote:This voting is getting the same as the others. One name is jumped on by the crowd as soon as the deadline gets close. For that reason I will not vote against Kraegor as this stinks of railroading. I will note those who do the railroading though.
Plus the time that the vote is tallied may be bad for many. Perhaps it should be due no earlier than 9pm EST? Just a thought....
We have until 12 PM EST tomorrow, lets put the extra time to good use.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Asharak

Post by Asharak »

I'm not in this game, but I just wanted to say that your current thread title is awesome. :D

- Ash
CeeKay

Post by CeeKay »

Remus West wrote:
CeeKay wrote:
Remus West wrote:This voting is getting the same as the others. One name is jumped on by the crowd as soon as the deadline gets close. For that reason I will not vote against Kraegor as this stinks of railroading. I will note those who do the railroading though.
Plus the time that the vote is tallied may be bad for many. Perhaps it should be due no earlier than 9pm EST? Just a thought....
We have until 12 PM EST tomorrow, lets put the extra time to good use.
Shouldn't that be 12AM EST, or did I horribly misread the earlier post?
CeeKay has left the building. See him exclusively at Gaming Trend!
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

My fault, CeeKay is correct. Midnight EST.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I sure you people are PMing because there is a distinct lack of in thread talk right now. Lets pick it up people. Oh, and I will be very busy today so while I will try and check in don't be surprised if I do not talk much until after work.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

I'm not getting any PMs. The only one I was chatting with is now dead. So I have nothing to offer
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
st_dysan

Post by st_dysan »

tru1cy wrote:I'm not getting any PMs. The only one I was chatting with is now dead. So I have nothing to offer
Ditto...
The Saint
Orinoco

Post by Orinoco »

st_dysan wrote:
tru1cy wrote:I'm not getting any PMs. The only one I was chatting with is now dead. So I have nothing to offer
Ditto...
Me three...
Crux

Post by Crux »

Folks, I think we have to assume the worst. My current guess on events:

pr0ner was the Archangel.
Ralph Wiggum was the Avenger
Noxious Dog was a Fallen
Army of One was the Seeker.

What makes me conclude all this?

I was in contact with pr0ner. He said he was also in contact with someone else (whom I assume is ND). He then got slaughtered. Then I was in contact with Ralph. I got the sense, although he didn't say it outright, that he was in contact with the Seeker. He wouldn't trust me, I had nothig with which to earn his trust. We bounced back and forth a little, and he indicated another person was in contact with him also. then he died. Again I'm assuming the other person was ND, who was killed in the exchange.

Lastly we have ArmyofOne. Why do I think he was the Seeker? It makes sense. pr0ner leads the Fallen to Ralph. Ralph leads the Fallen to Army. Army dies. I haven't been contacted by the seeker, or a representative of the seeker. Above me we have St_Dysan, Orinoco and tru1cy all saying the one person they were in contact with was dead. Now, given the relatively small number of dead people, there has to be a pattern here. Were they all in contact with the same person? And if so was that ND faking another role? Or were they being sneakily contacted by, say, Ralph on behalf of ArmyofOne?

I've been completely honest with my contacts, even though some of them would paint me in a bad light. I mean really now I was exchanging pms with two of the three people innocents killed by Fallen. But, to be honest, we have to share things if we're going to have any chance at victory.

I've put mine out there. Anyone else want to have a try?
If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit - Mitch Hedberg
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

I'll give it a go, sure.

I've had a few PMs, but not much. Nox and I were in contact for a while and he was using me to try and keep himself alive when Ralph was going after him. Seeing as how I suspected both Ralph and Nox and wasn't sure which was a Fallen and which wasn't, I went along with it so their roles would become clearer to me. They didn't, at least not until they both died.

The next PM I got was on Tuesday from Schroeder declaring his innocence. I responded in kind and gave him my thoughts on Ralph and Nox before they were killed. I haven't heard back from him since.

I received another PM earlier today from a player I'm willing to grudgingly trust as he hasn't truly given me a reason not to so far.

Aside from that, I've had no other communications with anyone.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Well, I was only in contact with ND and he was trying to probe me for information. He did try to get me to speak up for him when Ralph was going after him, but I refused him since it would have made me a target.

He said he understood and I didn't hear from him anymore.

ND did indicate that he was in contact with pr0ner after pr0ner died

That's it for my communication

Well... that a lie I just heard from someone, but I'm not willing to share that yet
Crux

Post by Crux »

Kelric wrote:The next PM I got was on Tuesday from Schroeder declaring his innocence. I responded in kind and gave him my thoughts on Ralph and Nox before they were killed. I haven't heard back from him since.
I forgot. Schroeder contacted me also. We agreed we had no way to earn each other's trust at that time. That was where we stopped talking.
If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit - Mitch Hedberg
st_dysan

Post by st_dysan »

Well..I have recieved a few Pm's and not very pleased with where it appears this is going...I only initiated one PM and have been in contact with that person..but for now the hairs on the back of this hosts neck are a tinglin...
The Saint
UsulofDoom

Post by UsulofDoom »

I'm sorry I was wrong. I can't go on like this. I'm not going to make any more votes on my own. My next vote will be who every the fifth person that PMs me tells me to vote for.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

UsulofDoom wrote:I'm sorry I was wrong. I can't go on like this. I'm not going to make any more votes on my own. My next vote will be who every the fifth person that PMs me tells me to vote for.
Thats a strange method. If you can't trust yourself to be Host then who can you trust? I doubt its the fifth PMer.
Crux

Post by Crux »

Crux wrote:
Kelric wrote:The next PM I got was on Tuesday from Schroeder declaring his innocence. I responded in kind and gave him my thoughts on Ralph and Nox before they were killed. I haven't heard back from him since.
I forgot. Schroeder contacted me also. We agreed we had no way to earn each other's trust at that time. That was where we stopped talking.
I wanted to add I'm not currently suspicious of Schroeder. I just didn't want to leave his pm out and make it seem like I was hiding something!
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

As nobody else is voting, I will.

Orinoco, I think you are Fallen!
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Orinoco
Don't have a whole lot to go on... So I'll go with this pick..
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Crux

Post by Crux »

Orinoco isn't a bad pick, but I'm hesitant to see another person flailed for... well nothing. It'd be nice if someone (perhaps linked, seeker, etc etc) could give someone some guidance here. Guessing in the dark isn't going to work in our favor any.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

This time limit adds some interesting twists but it is stressing me out horribly as I have nothing to go on. I am hoping once again to get some idea from trusted PMs to give me guidance.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

I think the Linked need to come forward and proclaim themselves, or at least one of them, whether publicly or to anyone they think they can trust over PM. The game is reaching the tipping point where the Fallen will almost assuredly win if they get another innocent today and then get to murder one tonight. That'd leave 9 overall people, 6 innocents and 3 Fallen.

Edit - Though now that I said that, I just realized it might be a bad idea to do it publicly since the Linked will die night after night if one gets murdered by the Fallen. Crap. :?
Orinoco

Post by Orinoco »

This bandwagon thing sucks. I expect I'll by hung tonight, but I haven't done anything! Except upset Kelric for some reason, and that should be a plus :P

I can say I'm innocent, but no one will believe me and I have no clue who the Fallen are so I can't point towards anyone either. Bah, hang me if you want - but I warn you that you're making a mistake...
st_dysan

Post by st_dysan »

Bandwagon does indeed suck, plead your case or have someone else do it for you..I don't know which way to go at this late hour....
The Saint
Crux

Post by Crux »

I'm going to vote for smutly. I can't prove he is guilty, nor do I have any evidence to that effect. The one thing I can say is he is silent. Does that make him guilty? No. However, at this stage with what I suspect is the Seeker dead, the Avenger dead and the Archangel dead, communication is the only way we can win. Orinoco at least is communicating, which gives us a chance to determine his innocence or guilt over time. smutly is doing nothing. Either he's guilty or he's dead weight. I think we're better off lynching him over Orinoco in either case.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Crux, I think you know to much for someone with no contacts as you claim. Word has come up that you fell down. We ain't allowing you to get back up.

P.S. in case this is wrong I am PMing the name of the one who led me here to a trusted(well, semi anyway) player in case of my death tonight.
st_dysan

Post by st_dysan »

orinoco it is for me for the next 2.5 hours unless I can be convinced otherwise..
The Saint
Crux

Post by Crux »

Remus West wrote:Crux, I think you know to much for someone with no contacts as you claim. Word has come up that you fell down. We ain't allowing you to get back up.

P.S. in case this is wrong I am PMing the name of the one who led me here to a trusted(well, semi anyway) player in case of my death tonight.
Based on what? I'm just trying to find answers. I've done everything short of beg the Seeker to view me. I'm not afraid to be put under the magnifying glass. But for god's sake have some sort of logic or reason before you kill an innocent man. Logic is ALL we have.
Crux

Post by Crux »

Sadly I'm going to have to change my vote to Orinoco. I don't particularly think he's guilty, but Remus is forcing my hand here :( This sucks.
CeeKay

Post by CeeKay »

I believe a Fallen is hiding in plain sight, so I have to vote for.....

Crux
CeeKay has left the building. See him exclusively at Gaming Trend!
Crux

Post by Crux »

CeeKay wrote:I believe a Fallen is hiding in plain sight, so I have to vote for.....

Crux
Hrm. Remus, Ceekay. This is starting to look like a solid voting block forming. The question is, if the Seer is dead, who can trust each other? Only two groups: the Fallen, and the Linked. The Linked can't reveal themselves except in dire need for one dead = all dead. Ceekay, you just jumped way up my suspect list and joined Remus at the top of it.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Crux wrote:
Remus West wrote:Crux, I think you know to much for someone with no contacts as you claim. Word has come up that you fell down. We ain't allowing you to get back up.

Based on what? I'm just trying to find answers. I've done everything short of beg the Seeker to view me. I'm not afraid to be put under the magnifying glass. But for god's sake have some sort of logic or reason before you kill an innocent man. Logic is ALL we have.
As I said I have the word from someone I trust. To the best of my knowledge that player put the word out to others. Should you prove innocent I will be screaming his name over your last words so that all shall know who played me, thus one way or the other, we get a fallen.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Ok changing my vote to Crux Orinoco forgive me.. But we shall get these fallen.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Current votes:

Orinoco (3): Kelric, Crux, St_Dysan
Crux (3): Mr Bubbles, Remus West, CeeKay
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

That's 6 of 11 votes. Anyone else want to chime in?

Chaosraven, if you could extend this vote for a bit, that'd be appreciated. We seem to be at an important part of the game that will require further participation from a few more people.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Heck, I could just kill them both :D

I know! Get the others to all vote for one *other* and I'll get a three way execution!!! Imagine the storyline!!

I'll bet none of those other WW games had a 3PK in one event!

Eh... I'll give it a little while yet, this is entertaining to watch...
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

I need to think on this before I vote. I'm not convinced the Crux or Orinoco are guilty , but I have a feeling that we have a linked vs. fallen voting happening here
Crux

Post by Crux »

tru1cy wrote:I need to think on this before I vote. I'm not convinced the Crux or Orinoco are guilty , but I have a feeling that we have a linked vs. fallen voting happening here
I freely admit I'm not Linked. But neither am I Fallen. I will share with you some of a PM I sent to Ceekay last night:
I'm not asking you to trust me, because honestly absent a Seeker trust is very hard to come by. I'm just asking you to use your mind. Fallen want to establish groups of 'blind' people who vote in blocks and kill innocents. I'm not looking to establish a voting block with you, because as I said I've got no way to trust you, nor to prove to you my innocence. There's only way we win from here - by thinking each vote through logically, and by hoping one of the Fallen screws up via pms or public statements.

With that in mind, look at what I said above about smutly. I don't think he is a great vote for us. BUT, he is logically the best vote we have right now. He's not posting, he's not voting and he's not to my knowledge pming. He's dead weight if he's innocent, and if he's not he's Fallen. Think about it.
Use your heads people. Use your bloody heads! I mean this whole 'lynch people at random' thing is cute and all, but why not make a SMART choice with our lynchings? Essentially Ceekay's logic is this:
I am not Fallen, nor am I linked to Remus. I know that if I was one of the Fallen I would hide in plain sight, and from your bringing Kraegor forward during the 'railroad' epidemic to your rather quick change of votes after only 1 person threw your name out I am very suspicious of you. Yes, this is all circumstantial, but what else do we have to go on? Your list of dead notables is on the money according to the information I have received ( and a nice way to demoralize the survivors), so there is no way to confirm what anyone says at this point. Perhaps I am wrong, and if so I can only ask forgiveness.
Which translates to: you look innocent therefore you must be guilty. Nice system you have going there Ceekay. Surely you'll save us all :roll:
Crux

Post by Crux »

Also, now our voting block is up to three: Remus, Ceekay and Mr. Bubbles.

How many Linked are there remaining? Four...
How many Fallen are there remaining? Three...

Mr. Bubbles, you just jumped to the top of my suspect list along with Remus and Ceekay. If I survive the day, I know who I'm gunning for tomorrow - one of you three because you look guilty as Sin to me right now.
Crux

Post by Crux »

Last though before my busy day begins:

If I'm Fallen, I should have two teammates. In a swing vote, wouldn't ONE of them back me up a little?

*listens to the crickets chirping*

That's right. Silence. Because I have NO freaking network of trust. I have NO contacts. I've been up-front, honest and I just want to win this damned game.

It's sitting right there in front of you that I'm innocent and you're either too blind or too retarded to see it.
Schroeder

Post by Schroeder »

My current belief holds that Crux is not Fallen. His PM's and his posts both strike me as one who is desperatly unconnected to the rest of the group. He doesn't post (or appear) to have the confidence of one within a network of allies. I think he is innocent.

However, I believe that both Kelric and CeeKay are Fallen.

They seem to vote together (wth Kelric usually jumping on a target first). In addition, Kelric's voting in the past rounds had been the same as NoxiousDog. He also has shown a propensity for PM's unequal to the amount of attention I've shown him.

Also, his latest PM to me was an attempt to get me to add my voice to killing either Crux or Orinoco. Which helps support my theory that both of them are innocent and that he wants us to eliminate as many innocent targets from the game as possibile.

Sorry Kelric. The 'babe in the woods' routine isn't going to hold up in this game.

Kelric you are FALLEN.