[Chaosravenz WW] Eternal Night... all Hail the Fallen

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

ArmyOfOne

Post by ArmyOfOne »

It was fun while it lasted, but I turned out to be a seeker savant. I went three for three choosing the Fallen. However that royally screwed me over because I had no chance of starting any sort of team work, I had no idea who was innocent. I took a chance with Remus early on. Based upon working together in an earlier game I had built up a false sense of trust. Which obviously led to my demise.

All in all it was fun, good job.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

After tagging 3 of them, I'd have probably publicized the list, or at least taken my chances by PMing it to 5 or 6 people, hoping to catch the linked.
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” -Thomas Jefferson
Finding Red Riding Hood well-armed, the wolf calls for more gun control.
Crux

Post by Crux »

ArmyOfOne wrote:It was fun while it lasted, but I turned out to be a seeker savant. I went three for three choosing the Fallen.
Nice batting average.
However that royally screwed me over because I had no chance of starting any sort of team work, I had no idea who was innocent.
Uh, this is where you went wrong. You had EVERY idea who was innocent. There were four Fallen, and you knew who three of them were. That means only ONE of the leftovers was a Fallen. You just had to lie low and catch a couple more visions. Soon as you hooked up with the Linked it would have been game over for the bad guys.
While you were still alive Crux, I pretty much communicated with nobody. There wasn't anything for me to tell you that I didn't. But of course you weren't sending me PMs the entire time detailing your activities either.
I wasn't saying that to accuse you, Kelric. I thought you did a good job of lying low. That's basically all I did too. There just wasn't a whole lot to communicate with you, as basically I just responded when other people pmed me. I didn't pretend to be anyone, I didn't contact a bunch of people.

Essentially that's when I realized the difference between a well-played game and a poor one for the 'innocents'. You can't ever lynch someone for no reason. You can't lynch someone on a hunch. The moment you start doing that, your game is over. Honestly, every piece of advice I posted while pretending to be innocent was decent advice. You have to use logic to eliminate people. It's the only real tool you have.
If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit - Mitch Hedberg
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I never thought to live through the end of the game. The PMs I was sending did exactly as I had hoped and gathered the information we needed. I was shocked when CeeKay list Crux and Kelric in his suspicious list and figured that by sacrificing Crux we could buy time to get suspicions off of Kelric. Which we did during the dysan vote I believe. That I managed to live was nice but not expected.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Bakhtosh wrote:After tagging 3 of them, I'd have probably publicized the list, or at least taken my chances by PMing it to 5 or 6 people, hoping to catch the linked.
I wouldn't have thought of that, but that's actually a really good call. It gives a huge boost to the arsenal of villager information. They don't win by default but the wolf odds are next completely for crap at that point. A commitment to that statement either gets him lynched or a wolf lynched at that point. No matter what 3 or the 4 wolves are lynched in the next four lynching cycles and then the last wolf still has to potentially worry about the hunter as well as blend in right down to the last man. The odds of a wolf win are slim while keeping the information private keeps wolf win probablity high and going up with every non wolf lynching and every nights feast.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

I knew ND was in on it, and I suspected Kelric from the beginning. I think Noxiousdog or one of those folks put something to the effect of "The alpha has already choosen his fallen" but quickly edited it out. I was going to try to stick around and see who ND interacted with, alas, I didnt get the chance as I was ripped to pieces.

Hope you all enjoy eternal damnnation.
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Drazzil wrote:I knew ND was in on it, and I suspected Kelric from the beginning. I think Noxiousdog or one of those folks put something to the effect of "The alpha has already choosen his fallen" but quickly edited it out. I was going to try to stick around and see who ND interacted with, alas, I didnt get the chance as I was ripped to pieces.

Hope you all enjoy eternal damnnation.
My Fallen self tried to defend you. :P
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Actually, knowing that the Alpha had chosen Kelric, ND, and Crux, Remus might have been a logical guess had the seer gone public.
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” -Thomas Jefferson
Finding Red Riding Hood well-armed, the wolf calls for more gun control.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Good game Kelric.
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Bakhtosh wrote:Actually, knowing that the Alpha had chosen Kelric, ND, and Crux, Remus might have been a logical guess had the seer gone public.
I believe ND and I were two of the three spotted. I don't know the third. AoO told me ND was fallen and I put off going after him to wait until we built a voting block. He didn't tell me the others. Then he scaned me the next night when we had the mix up that led to killing Ralph when we had meant to kill him.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
UsulofDoom

Post by UsulofDoom »

I knew it was a mistake to trust you, but ceekay all ready told you who he was so It was to late . :cry:
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

UsulofDoom wrote:I knew it was a mistake to trust you, but ceekay all ready told you who he was so It was to late . :cry:
CeeKay told the world who he was with the "not linked to the fallen" comment. That cemented his place in the killing order.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Loose lips sink ships.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Remus West wrote:
UsulofDoom wrote:I knew it was a mistake to trust you, but ceekay all ready told you who he was so It was to late . :cry:
CeeKay told the world who he was with the "not linked to the fallen" comment. That cemented his place in the killing order.
Yeah, we were heavily suspicious of CK thanks to that comment which was before Remus started communicating with him IIRC.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Mr Bubbles wrote:Loose lips sink ships.
Reminds me, I was all set to try and use your sig as a way of getting you lynched and then you turned up to be all linky and we wanted to let you die naturally. :lol:
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Remus West wrote:
Mr Bubbles wrote:Loose lips sink ships.
Reminds me, I was all set to try and use your sig as a way of getting you lynched and then you turned up to be all linky and we wanted to let you die naturally. :lol:
Well I kind of paniced there.. I knew I wasn't gonna get enough info to get the right people.. Its was a desperation attempt. I got you right in the end, but ultimately it was too late.

Then Schroeder wasn't responding to my PM's making himself look bad. I had a feeling he was innocent in the end, but without any PM from him I couldn't get anything else. Smutly being absent killed us. We were working against a lot here.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell