Zombies! ArmyofOne can't do it alone. Villagers win!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Ralph-Wiggum

Zombies! ArmyofOne can't do it alone. Villagers win!

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Ok, I'm bored. And since I'm no longer in ChoasRaven's Fallen game, I figured what better way to cure my boredom that moderate a game myself. It'll be very similar to the other games with a couple of slight moderations. So here's how it works:

1). There are 15 players - 3 zombies, 1 psychic, 1 doctor, and 1 pair of siblings. Every player's role will be choosen randomly.

2). Like the other games, each night the zombies go looking for braaaiiinsss and kill one player.

3). Each night, the psychic can concentrate on one player and determine their actual role (if they are a doctor or a sibling, they will find that out too).

The psychic is no mere normal telepath, however. Due to exposure to nuclear waste at a young age, he has the ability to transfer his powers to another. If he so desires the psychic can give his abilities to another. The recipient then has the nightly ability to have visions and the psychic loses that ability. The new psychic, however, can not transfer his powers onward.

That transfer must be done at night instead of having a vision. If the psychic is attacked the same night he tries to transfer his powers, the transfer will not be completed.

4). Each night, the doctor can visit someone's house. Due to the nature of how the zombie virus infects its host (it takes time for the virus to spread), if the doctor manages to visit a player's house on the same night that the zombies attack that player, the attacked player will survive the zombie attack without dying. The doctor, however, can not visit the same person's house twice in a row - too much of the antidote in a short amount of time is fatal to the victim.

If the zombies attack the doctor, the doctor's medical skills allow him to decapitate (and thus killing) one zombie before he is overpowered by the other zombies.

5). There is one pair of siblings. Because they know each other so intimately (not in that way, you sickos), they are sure right from the start that their brother/sister is not a zombie.

During the day, all the players will vote on one person to decapitate by bolding their votes name. There is no time limit to the day and the players must reach a majority before anyone is decapitated (so active players only, please).

First 15 players to sign up are in. If I forget something or it isn't clear, I clarify when I get back to lunch.

Current List of Players
Kelric
gbasden
Bakhtosh
tgb
pr0ner
tru1cy
msteelers
Orinoco
setaside
ezmate
Cesare's Divine Spark
ArmyofOne (x2)
Lassr
Remus West
ChaosRaven

15 players in, No more needed. Braaaaains....
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

In!

<gets out Zombie Survival Guide>
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Are the siblings twin sisters? And are they hot? This is important to the process you understand.

I am going to wait to join as I am still going in the other and have decided to try and avoid overlaps anymore but should the Fallen finish before you fill up I'll play.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

BRAIIINS!

In!
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

FOR GREAT HONOR!

I'm in.
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” -Thomas Jefferson
Finding Red Riding Hood well-armed, the wolf calls for more gun control.
tgb

Post by tgb »

Sounds like it might be overly-complicated, but I've not done one of these in a while. In.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

In!
Hodor.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

In!
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

IN.

I just bought both Max Brooks' zombie books off of amazon, so this goes well with that.
Orinoco

Post by Orinoco »

I'll join in also.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

As I was leaving for lunch, I realized I forgot something:

If the psychic decides to transfer his power and he transfers his power to the doctor, the doctor will then need to decide each night whether to protect someone or whether to have a vision. He can only do one of the two each night. So, more or less, the psychic probably doesn't want to transfer his powers to the doctor. :D
setaside

Post by setaside »

Sure. I was starting to have withdrawals from not playing one of these.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I'd just like to say lynch Kelric just in case this fills up and I don't get to play. :D
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Oh, and until I get a PC up and online at the house, I'll be unavailable for play except during working hours M-F. So no one misinterpret my silence this weekend as anything other than normal.
Orinoco

Post by Orinoco »

Bakhtosh wrote:Oh, and until I get a PC up and online at the house, I'll be unavailable for play except during working hours M-F. So no one misinterpret my silence this weekend as anything other than normal.
Lynch Bakhtosh!
ezmate

Post by ezmate »

/Lurker mode off

In!

/Lurker mode on
Where I go, destruction will follow!
setaside

Post by setaside »

ezmate wrote:/Lurker mode off

In!

/Lurker mode on
hmm .. you better leave that one off for this game. ;)
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Orinoco wrote:
Bakhtosh wrote:Oh, and until I get a PC up and online at the house, I'll be unavailable for play except during working hours M-F. So no one misinterpret my silence this weekend as anything other than normal.
Lynch Bakhtosh!
Would you like me to edit that FOR you? :twisted:
Cesare

Post by Cesare »

In.
ArmyOfOne

Post by ArmyOfOne »

IN!
ArmyOfOne

Post by ArmyOfOne »

Crap, double post..
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

ArmyOfOneHalf there... ArmyOfOneHalf here... :lol:
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Come on people, 3 slots left. You can doooo it!
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

ok, in.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Alright I'm a sucker, take me off the waiting list. IN.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

In, please
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Orinoco

Post by Orinoco »

Bakhtosh wrote:
Orinoco wrote:
Lynch Bakhtosh!
Would you like me to edit that FOR you? :twisted:
Umm... Bakhtosh good zombie??? :P
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Ok, we've got all the players we need. I will now randomly determine all the roles.

The game will begin with day and the town voting to decapitate and test someone. When a player is killed, it will be announced whether he was a zombie or an innocent.

I have not made the roles yet but due to some people not having internet access during the weekend (i.e. Bakhtosh), the first night will not be completed until Monday. The psychic and zombies and doctor can send me their PM's, but I won't post about it until Monday (I don't want people deciding that Bakhtosh based on when I post the next update).

Ok, be back in a few with the roles. Only those players with a specific role will be PMed. The game will start when I post the beginning story. Good luck.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

The day at Lake Woebegone started just like any other. The sun was bright and the birds were chirping. At 9 o'clock sharp every member of the isolated town went to work at The Facility. The Facility, officially known in government circles as DARPA Lab 38c, was the reason for the town's existence.

Ostensibly, the lab worked with deadly pathogens such as anthrax and small pox and the clap. But the government had another role for the lab. For the last 4 years, the members of DARPA Lab 38c were trying to create a new virus - a virus that would be very useful for the armed forces.

The goal was to create an injection that would hone the senses and physical abilities of our soldiers. But that goal had not yet been reached. While the current version of the virus, code named the ORLY virus, did increase strength in animal test subjects (chimps and manatees), it also caused irratic behavior. The test animals grew too hostile - if caged with another animal, infected chimps tore off the head of the other creature and munched on the brains.

Oddly enough, however, the aggressive behavior was only nocturnal. Once the sun had risen, the infected animals would go back to their normal behavior. But each night, the violent urges again swelled. The only way to "cure" the animal if infected for long enough was through decapitation.

The lab had developed, however, an innoculation to the virus. But that innoculation only worked if injected within an hour or two of the contracting the disease and it had some terrible side-effects. Unfortunately, too much of the innoculation was itself fatal.

But this morning, things were going well. Everyone seemed happy since it was a Friday which meant casual attire and free bagels. Nothing cures the morning blues like some lox and cream cheese. The day passed uneventfully.

Until 3:47 PM. The lab's alarms sounded - somehow the virus had gotten loose into the lab's self contained ventilation sytem. Everyone panicked. Proper procedure dictates that each lab worker quarantine himself until he are certain that the virus has not infected him. Nobody followed proper procedure.

Every lab worker ran for the exits like mad, not even stopping to take the remaining bagels with them. The last worker squeezed out the exit right just as the blast doors completed it's automatic shutting procedure. Knowing that they had all completely disregarded their training in the panic, the citizens didn't know what to do. So, after standing around for a couple of minutes, they all decided to go home with a plan to meet back tomorrow morning.

Hopefully no one had been infected. All they could do was wait until night to see......

At 9 the next morning, all the villagers gathered in front of the lab. But one person was missing. Where was Captain Caveman? After a small debate, the group decided to march to CC's house to discover why he handn't shown up. What they found was horrifying - CC's house was covered in posters of horses with erect members. And by CC's bed was a Real Horse Doll. Who knew?

But then they made another discovery - a blood trail leading to the bathroom. In the blood trail, 3 distinct sets of footprints could be made out. When they opened the bathroom door, the witnessed an apalling scene. Captain Caveman's was sitting on the john, completely headless. Bits of brain was splattered all over the room. And the room stunk - but that was due to the unflushed logs in the toilet.

But the scene made one thing clear, 3 people had been infected by the virus. But who? Everyone looked normal. The town knew they had to do something. Someone needed to be decapitated - now they just had to choose who that would be.........

Let the voting begin. The day will not end until someone has recieved a majority of the votes and been decapitated. 8 votes are needed for a majority.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Zombies bad!
Hodor.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I have been asked to post again the list of players because some people are too lazy to scroll to the top of the screen. If there is justice that person (you know who you are!) will be decapitated soon enough. :twisted:

List of players:
Kelric
gbasden
Bakhtosh
tgb
pr0ner
tru1cy
msteelers
Orinoco
setaside
ezmate
Cesare's Divine Spark
ArmyofOne
Lassr
Remus West
ChaosRaven
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

I can assure you all with complete honesty that I have no special role nor am I a zombie.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

I'll go check my inbox...
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Sweet...

I get to be a Fearless Vampire Hunter who's allowed to kill up to 3 werewolves when I get killed, and burn down 4 townsfolk if they lynch me.

What?

Oh. Just Zombies, eh?

What's that? Decapitation? Uh, no I guess that doesn't fall under "lynching".

Yeah, ok I didn't receive the above powers or title.

But I could hardly just post something as simple as "not a bad guy"

(So I suspect Remus West right off the bat... :twisted: )
"Where are you off to?"

Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Just to make things clear. It is day now. As long as someone gets 8 votes, we don't need to wait for Bakhtosh. But once it becomes night, I won't post the results of the zombies killings until Monday. So get to voting! :wink:
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

I accuse Remus West of being too damned quiet... shuffling those moldy rotten reeboks across the living room floor! Leaving bits of flesh clinging to the upholstery!

I see you lurking in the shadows, Cannibal Spectre.
"Where are you off to?"

Orinoco

Post by Orinoco »

Wow, this game is off to a slow start... people must be scared of speaking up (or they're all hung over).

The first round is always difficult - you have no information to work on. I believe that tradition dictates making something up in this situation.

Let's see what I can do...... I once heard CC refer to pr0ner as "my little pr0nie"!! Only a zombie would do such things, so I say lynch him! :twisted:
tgb

Post by tgb »

I have no evidence to accuse anyone at this point - but I DID find a copy of this video hidden under msteeler's bed.

I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

tgb wrote:I have no evidence to accuse anyone at this point - but I DID find a copy of this video hidden under msteeler's bed.

Why's he got to be white? Why can't it be a brother zombie?
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Orinoco wrote:Wow, this game is off to a slow start... people must be scared of speaking up (or they're all hung over).
Count me in to the "hung over" crowd. A birthday party followed up by going to a blues club and drinking some more...curse you rum...CURSE YOU!!