Zombies! ArmyofOne can't do it alone. Villagers win!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Does no one pay attention? There had been no visions. No checking anyone out. Even if chaosraven was the psychic he could not have been basing his accusations on anything as he had no chance to view anyone. It was not until the night he got killed that the first viewing could be made. Hang me if you want but I am innocent and Chaosraven's accusations were more just screwing with me than anything else. I appreciate that you all think I am foolish enough as a bad guy to a) vote for one of my partners in the first round getting him lynched, and b) Follow that masterpiece up with killing the guy who was accusing me.

If you decide to hang me then do it and be done, but take note of the folks who vote me down.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
tgb

Post by tgb »

I'm fairly confident Remus is innocent, but have nothing but suspicion about anyone else.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Wait, there was no vision the first night? Damn...that means there's only been one PC check.

So here's the way I read it now: assuming ChaosRaven wasn't the psychic's first target...

1 Psychic with 1 known innocent or known villian
2 siblings - aware of each other
2 zombies - aware of each other
1 doctor - in the dark
7 uninvolved innocents - in the dark
1 dead zombie - in the ground
1 dead innocent (hopefully uninvolved since he was so vocal) - in digestion
1 dead NPC - in horsey heaven

Kelric - active participant, but slow to speak in this game
gbasden - "normal" activity for him
tgb - the only person I'm convinced is innocent
pr0ner - fingered by ChaosRaven as suspicious
tru1cy - not participating much, but not absent
msteelers - running about normal for him
setaside - very quiet...not sure if there's a reson
ezmate - admitted lurker who's been posting occasionally
Cesare's Divine Spark - quiet, not sure if it's normal
ArmyofOne - participating
Lassr - works during the day, unable to post
Remus West - very active
Bakhtosh - I know I'm an uninvolved innocent...
Orinoco - DEAD ZOMBIE
ChaosRaven - DEAD INNOCENT

Basically, this puts us back at step one, no real information, voting based on random circumstance, and it looks like Remus and I (two vocal participants) are going to go down without the zombies having to expose themselves.

Damn, I don't want to kill an innocent if we can help it, but without more information, we have nothing else to go on.

Okay, I thought about removing my vote, but unless I get some information to the contrary, I'm keeping my vote for Remus, and my vow to lay down for the good of the cause tomorrow.

The only real down side to both us being innocents is the removal of two of the most active posters...now I'm on the fence again.
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” -Thomas Jefferson
Finding Red Riding Hood well-armed, the wolf calls for more gun control.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

I have nothing to add at the moment. I haven't recieved any PMs yet. I am still watching at the moment.
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Withdraw vote for Bakhtosh as I do not think he is a zombie. I do not promise his innocence as I promise my own but the play he is making in accusing me and pushing for my death would be utterly foolish if he were a zombie. Since I do not think him foolish and I do not think him guilty I can not vote for him.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
setaside

Post by setaside »

Bakhtosh wrote:setaside - very quiet...not sure if there's a reson
I'm very quiet lately because I've got a deadline coming up here at work and I'm trying to finish packing because I'm moving on Friday. In thinking back, joining this game was probably not the wisest idea I've ever had. I couldn't resist the thought of playing a game with zombies in it though.

I'll try to participate more but it's tough to keep up with everything. I can only assure you guys that I am innocent. Take it for what it's worth.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

I've managed to pull Remus aside and we've agreed that finger pointing at this point in the game based on any kind of evidence at this point (other than based upon the psychic's vision) is silly. I cannot say that Remus is innocent, or that I will not vote for him again, but for now, and most likely for the rest of this round, I withdraw Remus West as my most likely candidate for a zombie. I just really hate to lose two active participants. We need the zombies to talk in order to catch them, and Remus and I shouldn't be doing all of their work for them.

Unfortunately, this puts all of us in a lurch. I'd prefer to get rid of someone not participating at this stage. I personally believe it's likely that the zombies haven't even voted yet.

I fully encourage the doctor and psychic to check out Remus this evening. That will protect him long enough for the psychic to get a good reading on him.

Once again, I'll vow that I'm an uninvolved innocent. If we can't come to a decision this turn, I'll reluctantly volunteer. Let's try very hard to not kill one of the special good guys, and we do that by not rushing into a killing like we were about to do.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

I meant to add that we both agreed that this sudden change of heart will look suspicious. That's why I want the psychic to clear or condemn Remus.
ezmate

Post by ezmate »

I'm still lurking (much more so than usual - 3-4 times during the day). However, my PC at work has zero privacy, so I can't stay long.

I'll post tonight when I get home...
Where I go, destruction will follow!
Cesare

Post by Cesare »

I'm mostly lurking for now as well. I was the seer in the game where the wolves absolutely dominated.. mostly because innocents leapt to conclusions early and became convinced that other innocents were part of the cabal. I was mostly joking when I suspected Chaosraven, and now he's zombie food. :(

Chances are it's going to be another day or two before the psychic feels comfortable enough to pm people.. until then we're more of a threat to each other than the zombies.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

On the upside, CDS, with one zombie gone, we can afford to make a few mistakes, so long as we don't kill one of the important people.
tgb

Post by tgb »

I'm still taking a wait-and-see position. I am not fully convinced of anyone's guilt or innocence. Bakhtosh and Remus could very well be zombies playing a very dangerous game - or they could just as easily be innocent.

Until we hear from the seer, it's all guesswork.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Currently the psychic has visioned one person. While that person must be cautious of a player telling them "you are innocent" the psychic has no such reservations. Once an innocent is known they will remain that way and there is no sorc. role in this so there is no fear of betrayal. Until the psychic gives players enough other players to be sure of them there will be some tenetive play. Best idea since both Bakhtosh and I claim to be powerless is to search someone else hoping to hook up with the siblings. But since we are also both very suspicious I expect one of us to get checked. I have someone I feel slightly confident is innocent but time will tell on that. For now I am going to follow their lead a little and try not to lynch the wrong player.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

tgb wrote:I'm still taking a wait-and-see position. I am not fully convinced of anyone's guilt or innocence. Bakhtosh and Remus could very well be zombies playing a very dangerous game - or they could just as easily be innocent.

Until we hear from the seer, it's all guesswork.
That would also be very foolish. Having this much attention our life spans are going to be very limited.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Yes, I'm at work but I can post. I've just been out of the office all day. I've got to leave again and I'll be back when I get home tonight so hopefully I'll have time to analyze all the rambling then. So keep posting and let's see if someone tips their hand.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Let's see if anything comes out tonight. I encourage others to withdraw their Remus West votes and see if we can get some more information.
ezmate

Post by ezmate »

Yeah, after reading through all of this, I have to say there's only one person that keeps coming back as suspicious. While he's likely innocent, he's just as likely a zombie as anyone else (maybe even more so).

Decapitate Remus West

If you are innocent, I promise to feel bad about it! :twisted:
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Finally get home and back on the forums and see just 2 posts since I left work. I see Remus and Bakhtosh have backed off each other. Thought one of them may have a bandwagon by tonight but nope.

We've got to lynch someone to get this moving.

Bakhtosh
I fully encourage the doctor and psychic to check out Remus this evening.
Or check Bakhtosh

Remus
Best idea since both Bakhtosh and I claim to be powerless is to search someone else hoping to hook up with the siblings.
or check Remus.

Suspicious comments from both or totally innocent? I don't know right now.

I hate to start pointing fingers since it's puts a big target on my head if I start getting close to the truth.

I've got to think some more before voting. My gut says it's someone lurking and laughing at all these accusations.
ezmate

Post by ezmate »

C'mon people! Let's get an unruly mob together & lynch someone! We won't find out any information unless someone dies!

I've got a whole pile of torches & pitchforks. I just need some angry villagers to wield them!

Burn the witch!
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Alright, in the interest of getting soemthing going here Lynch me I know my vote doesn't count, but since I hope with this pronouncement I will soon be dead let the PMs fly. We are only losing a powerless villager which is better than a powered and we already got a zombie so we are still way ahead of the game.

p.s. Let the PMs fly a bit faster than the votes so I have a chance to check them and respond please.
tgb

Post by tgb »

OK, then. Behead Remus
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I hate to do this but since Remus is willing to sacrifice himself to get the game moving.
Remus should be decapitated. If you prove to be innocent then we will erect a statue at the town square in your honor.

That leaves the physic with an obvious choice tonight.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Fine, I'll change my vote to Remus.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Current votes:

Pr0ner - 1
Remus West - 6

Votes needed for majority - 7.
ArmyOfOne

Post by ArmyOfOne »

**Edit** Upon further reflection, I recast my vote for Remus. Looks like his martyr-dom ploy is backfiring.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

EDIT: dammit...quit changing your mind. :P
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

As an aside, if you decide to change your vote, please make a new post. If everyone just edits their original post, it will make things much harder to keep track of. Thanks.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

O.k. so much for the PMs outpacing the votes. Oh well at least we just lose a powerless villager.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Remus West, I apologize. Your arguments rang true with me this time. I think you are innocent. If I'm wrong, I hope the psychic clears me tonight, because there will be suspicion of be either way.

Of course, if I was the psychic, I'd probably check someone who didn't have a huge target on his back. It's hard to build a block when your block keeps getting killed.

Well, let's get this show on the road folks. We need 1 more vote to get on with the show. And my God have mercy on us.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Voting closed. Write-up coming shortly.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Oops. I miscounted.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

No need to appologize, I volunteered. I am just sad that no one PM'd me before my death to try and hook up the siblings and seer. Ah well. Good luck my friends. Perhaps this will atone a bit for the eternal damnation I suffer in another life. :D
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

BTW for what its worth I expect Bakhtosh to be a popular lynch target soon so would likely view someone else to build that block and hopefully find the siblings.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Yeah, I'm going to enjoy my lunch today since it will probably be my last.
setaside

Post by setaside »

It makes me sad that everybody is in such a hurry to get on with the game that we may have potentially beheaded an innocent for no other reason than we were bored.

:(
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

What was our other option? Sit around twiddling our thumbs while we wait for someone to admit to being a werewolf? I was going to volunteer myself today for the same reasons as Remus. There has been no forward progress overnight. I was hoping one of the special characters would start a behind the scenes move to find another target, but the lack of progress has left us without any other option.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Bakhtosh wrote:Sit around twiddling our thumbs while we wait for someone to admit to being a werewolf? .
Oh hell! You mean we have werewolves among us also. Dammit, I could handle the zombies they're slow, but werewolves...I'm gonna have to move to another town. Calling Realtor now.

Edit: Found out the only realtor in town is Remus West...he told me to go screw myself, well that's unprofessional.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

It took longer than the day before, but after much arguing and bickering the crowd decide that Remus West was to die. Remus didn't argue with the crowd. He knew his death was inevitable. "Just make it quick" he asked. Remus' head was cut off in one clean blow. Quickly, the group sliced open Remus' stomach. Digging through his guts, all that was found were a couple of Moon pies. Remus West was not a zombie.

The crowd gasped. A few starting crying. They had failed in their task for this day. Slowly, everyone shambled off to their homes to wait out the night.

It is night. Those that need to send PM's, you are free to send them.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Damn it I volunteer to die and don't even get my name in the title to replace that bastage chaosraven!!!!! I demand a rewrite. Stupid Duke fans. :wink:
Oops spoke to soon. Please accept my humble appology.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Lassr wrote:
Bakhtosh wrote:Sit around twiddling our thumbs while we wait for someone to admit to being a werewolf? .
Oh hell! You mean we have werewolves among us also. Dammit, I could handle the zombies they're slow, but werewolves...I'm gonna have to move to another town. Calling Realtor now.

Edit: Found out the only realtor in town is Remus West...he told me to go screw myself, well that's unprofessional.
I hang my head in shame. :oops:

Doubly so:
Ralph-Wiggum wrote:Remus West was not a zombie.