Zombies! ArmyofOne can't do it alone. Villagers win!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Lassr wrote:Problem I have with Kelric is he voted second to eliminate Orinoco. I can see jumping on the bandwagon once it's inevitable if you are a zombie but not starting the bandwagon.
That's a very good point. I was going to vote for Kelric as well, but now I'm going to hold back. I didn't think of that.

Focus now shifting back to tru1cy.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

I'm innocent like evey other game. Wack me if you want but you'll just be helping the Zombies
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
ArmyOfOne

Post by ArmyOfOne »

Lassr wrote:Problem I have with Kelric is he voted second to eliminate Orinoco. I can see jumping on the bandwagon once it's inevitable if you are a zombie but not starting the bandwagon.

Since there are 3 zombies perhaps the plan would be to sacrifice one of them to pull the heat off the other 2 due to vote history. You know, the whole "I voted for a zombie therefore I can't be one, routine."

I certainly don't feel comfortable sitting next to him at the dinner table.

Kelric gets my vote.
tgb

Post by tgb »

That is a good point. I'll rescind my Kelric vote for now, but I'm still torn between pr0ner and tru1cy. If pr0ner is indeed one of the siblings, now would be a good time for the other to send out a pm or two and verify that.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

ArmyOfOne wrote:
Since there are 3 zombies perhaps the plan would be to sacrifice one of them to pull the heat off the other 2 due to vote history. You know, the whole "I voted for a zombie therefore I can't be one, routine."

I certainly don't feel comfortable sitting next to him at the dinner table.

Kelric gets my vote.
Remus and I did that last game when we eliminated Crux. :wink: That, of course, was at the end of the game when we only needed two or three more lynchings to win the game.

I'm innocent. Think of it this way - the zombies were randomly picked, they weren't chosen by an Alpha Zombie. The chances that I was picked randomly are the same as the chances that anybody else was picked - 20%. Chances are great that I am not a zombie. My voting for a now-known zombie so early in the game when getting a zombie to survive for at least two or three rounds is crucial should help prove my innocent. If it still doesn't, then nothing I can say will.

Lynch me if you'd like, but you'll only be helping the zombies.
setaside

Post by setaside »

Lassr wrote:
pr0ner wrote:
Kelric wrote:I still suspect pr0ner.
And you're still wrong.

Who knows what will happen to me if I say this, but I am one of the two siblings.

The other sibling(s) is(are) more than welcome to come out and confirm or deny this if so desired.
only negative affect I can see about announcing this is having someone claiming to be the pyschic pm you. Then you'd have to judge if he's the real pyschic.
Lassr wrote:
Bakhtosh wrote:oooo....being dead is a negative...oooooo
Yea I was coming back to say the zombies would also know you are not the doctor and you are safe to kill but other than that the zombies still view you as another innocent with no special powers anymore.

But without verification then how do we know you are telling the truth. If someone verifies it then he opens himself up to attack.
Well I'd hope that if he's not one of the siblings then one of the real ones would step forward and dispute him. It'd probably be pretty foolish for the other sibling to come forward now unless it's necessary to resolve a dispute.

And Bakhtosh is right that being dead is a negative. It seems like something we should take some time with to see what shakes out. I'm now very curious to see if anybody disputes pr0ner. If somebody does, then my guess is we have one of our zombies. If nobody disputes him then he's most likely trustworthy, unless Remus and Bakhtosh were the siblings, which I find unlikely considering their back and forth early on.
setaside

Post by setaside »

tgb wrote:If pr0ner is indeed one of the siblings, now would be a good time for the other to send out a pm or two and verify that.
Why do you think it would be a good idea for the other sibling to send out PM's? Wouldn't it be better to wait and see if anybody disputes pr0ner and then ask the specials to contact HIM?
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

What if both zombies come forward and claim they are the siblings...

Of course if they do then we can narrow down the zombie to be either proner and his sibling or the other 2 that claim to be a sibling.

Would make it easier this early to just kill'em all and let God sort them out.

If one zombie comes forward then it's going to be stalemate unless the other sibling comes forward which forces the other zombie to come forward claiming to be a sibling.

Edit:Going home, I'll check back in tonight and see where we are.
tgb

Post by tgb »

Fuck it. We're overthinking this. Let's just behead kelric and be done with it.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

tgb wrote:Fuck it. We're overthinking this. Let's just behead kelric and be done with it.
I'm innocent. Your loss.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

I agree that it's unwise to lynch Kelric at this time.

Kelric, care to withdraw your vote for me while we sort through the rubble?
Hodor.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

After a quick rubble sort, I toss out tru1cy to be beheaded.

His voting pattern is too erratic as he failed to vote for Orinoco. He's also lashed out at Kelric, who, by simply going off his Orinoco vote, is innocent.
Hodor.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

pr0ner wrote:I agree that it's unwise to lynch Kelric at this time.

I currently have no reason to, but I appreciate your not voting for me. :)
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Kelric wrote:

No reason to? Here are two.

1) I voted for Orinoco. Would I have voted for him knowing he was a zombie if I were a zombie as well?

2) I've admitted I'm one of the siblings. This claim has yet to be disputed by anyone else.

By leaving your vote on me, you're wasting your vote.
Hodor.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

pr0ner wrote:
Kelric wrote:

1) I voted for Orinoco. Would I have voted for him knowing he was a zombie if I were a zombie as well?

2) I've admitted I'm one of the siblings. This claim has yet to be disputed by anyone else.

No better candidate to vote for has come to my attention, so a vote for someone who isn't going to get lynched is the same as not voting for anyone at all.

I almost always vote for tru1cy and he's almost always (or definitely always, I can't keep track) innocent.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Keep the streak alive. Vote for me. If I have to sacrifice myself like Remus then so be it

I'll withdraw my vote for Kelric for now
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Kelric just doesn't ring true as a zombie to me at the moment.

On the plus side, I spent the morning puking my guts out due to some bad mexican food, so everyone should be able to see there were no brains in there... :evil:
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Kelric wrote:
pr0ner wrote:
Kelric wrote:

No better candidate to vote for has come to my attention, so a vote for someone who isn't going to get lynched is the same as not voting for anyone at all.

I almost always vote for tru1cy and he's almost always (or definitely always, I can't keep track) innocent.
Ok, now this behavior makes me suspicious. Maybe you did vote Orinoco to be beheaded to throw us off the track. Still think you are just being stubborn but if your are innocent why waste a vote on proner now when no one has disputed that he's a sibling.
ezmate

Post by ezmate »

Damn...what a boring conference. I still have one more day to go...ugh!

Anyway...

It should be fairly obvious to everyone that Kelric is innocent. He was the 2nd vote for a zombie (orinoco). When he made this vote, nobody had more than one vote. Would a zombie really do that? I don't think so.

Please, don't vote for Kelric. It just doesn't make any sense.
Where I go, destruction will follow!
ezmate

Post by ezmate »

All righty...

Perfect move pr0ner.

pr0ner, if you are a sibling, I'm inclined to believe it as long as nobody disputes it.

This shakes out 4 ways:

Option 1: pr0ner is not disputed as a sibling. This means that he is indeed a sibling and the psychic can contact him to start a voting block.

Option 2: Someone else comes out (let's call him zombie-A) & says that pr0ner is lying. This is perfect, because all we have to do is kill pr0ner & Zombie-A & we're 100% certain to kill a zombie!

Option 3: Zombie-A comes out & says pr0ner's lying. Sibling-B comes out & backs up pr0ner. We now know that Zombie-A is a liar & needs to die.

Option 4 (best situation): Zombie-A calls pr0ner a liar; Sibling-B comes out & backs up pr0ner. Zombie-B backs up Zombie-A's claims. Now the population has no clue who is telling the truth, but can win in 3 nights. All we have to do is kill 1 of the 4. If Zombie-A dies & is proven to be an innocdent, then we know that pr0ner & Sibling-B are the zombies. If zombie-A proves to be a zombie, then the next night, we kill Zombe-B. Game over, we win!

Bottom line? Do not lynch anyone until we give ample time (24 hours?) for someone to dispute pr0ner.

For this reason, I obstain from voting.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

ezmate wrote:All righty...

Perfect move pr0ner.

pr0ner, if you are a sibling, I'm inclined to believe it as long as nobody disputes it.

This shakes out 4 ways:

Option 1: pr0ner is not disputed as a sibling. This means that he is indeed a sibling and the psychic can contact him to start a voting block.

Option 2: Someone else comes out (let's call him zombie-A) & says that pr0ner is lying. This is perfect, because all we have to do is kill pr0ner & Zombie-A & we're 100% certain to kill a zombie!

Option 3: Zombie-A comes out & says pr0ner's lying. Sibling-B comes out & backs up pr0ner. We now know that Zombie-A is a liar & needs to die.

Option 4 (best situation): Zombie-A calls pr0ner a liar; Sibling-B comes out & backs up pr0ner. Zombie-B backs up Zombie-A's claims. Now the population has no clue who is telling the truth, but can win in 3 nights. All we have to do is kill 1 of the 4. If Zombie-A dies & is proven to be an innocdent, then we know that pr0ner & Sibling-B are the zombies. If zombie-A proves to be a zombie, then the next night, we kill Zombe-B. Game over, we win!

Bottom line? Do not lynch anyone until we give ample time (24 hours?) for someone to dispute pr0ner.

Yes, exactly what I was saying above but you took more time to explain it much clearer. Thanks!

and I'll even withdraw my vote for tru1cy until tomorrow.
ezmate

Post by ezmate »

Lassr wrote:
pr0ner wrote:
Kelric wrote:I still suspect pr0ner.
And you're still wrong.

Who knows what will happen to me if I say this, but I am one of the two siblings.

The other sibling(s) is(are) more than welcome to come out and confirm or deny this if so desired.
only negative affect I can see about announcing this is having someone claiming to be the pyschic pm you. Then you'd have to judge if he's the real pyschic.
This is a very important observation.

The psychic needs to wait 24 hours to see if anyone disputes pr0ner. If nobody disputes him, then contact pr0ner (telling him the results of scans). pr0ner then passes all this information to his sibling & the game continues.

If two people contact pr0ner (best case!), then the siblings know one of the zombies and they sit on that information for a while until they can act on it.

bottom line: Nobody gets lynched for 24 hours. If nobody disputes pr0ner, then the psychic can contact pr0ner.

pr0ner can give us the go-ahead on when to lynch someone.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Perfect move pr0ner.

This shakes out 4 ways:

I like this line of thinking.

I withdraw my vote for tru1cy for now.
Hodor.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Don't make me start haunting you all. I warned you about the moonpies. You had best deliver soon.

Ohhh, and BOOO!
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Remus West wrote:Don't make me start haunting you all. I warned you about the moonpoes. You had best deliver soon.

Ohhh, and BOOO!
Dude, you're dead.
Hodor.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Thus the haunting part. And the lame Boo. I still want a moonpie. And when you quote my tyops it makes them stand out to me.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Remus West wrote:Thus the haunting part. And the lame Boo. I still want a moonpie. And when you quote my tyops it makes them stand out to me.
:lol: :lol:
Hodor.
ezmate

Post by ezmate »

Just a reminder...I'm in a conference all day & won't have access to this wonderful thread.

Don't hold it against me.
setaside

Post by setaside »

I like how things are shaking out now. No more rash decisions, please.

I'll abstain from voting for probably the entire weekend. I start moving today and may not have internet at the new place yet. I have to check to see if I can get an open wireless signal for a few minutes once I get moved in.
tgb

Post by tgb »

I will out on business all day as well, and may not be back until tomorrow. I'm still waiting to see how things shake out.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

and I'm sitting in front of the computer all day, this is going to be a slow moving game. I'm going to cast a vote sometimes this morning and see what happens.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

OK, I think at least one of the zombies did not vote for orinoco maybe both. So going on that hunch I going to vote for Army of One. It's a stab in the dark but there has not been a lot of solid info yet in this game that points to a particular person as a zombie.
ArmyOfOne

Post by ArmyOfOne »

Sorry Lassr, no Zombie here. I didn't vote for anyone during the first round because we took the Grand Daughter to Disney for the weekend and didn't get a chance to get back online till Tuesday. So I completely missed the first round.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Well, since no one has stepped up to the plate with any solid information, I'm going to go off my best hunch.

Mind you, this is based on two factors.

1) Posting patterns. Erratic posting, no set theme to posts or votes.

2) The Orinoco vote.

As such, my choice is for Cesare's Divine Spark to lose his head.
Hodor.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Cesare's Divine Spark has been on my short list also for this comment on page 2
Wait.. we're lynching BEFORE the zombies even kill anyone? What are we basing this on?
Just seemed like he was playing the confused innocent. Let's see what other people think and where the voting goes from here.

It seems fairly obvious to me now that proner is innocent. No one has disputed him unless the 2 siblings were taken out already which seems SO very unlikely.

Kelric, you gonna withdraw that vote?
Cesare

Post by Cesare »

pr0ner wrote:Well, since no one has stepped up to the plate with any solid information, I'm going to go off my best hunch.

Mind you, this is based on two factors.

1) Posting patterns. Erratic posting, no set theme to posts or votes.
Ok, terrific. You've demonstrated that I post drunk.
2) The Orinoco vote.

Which means nothing. I didn't vote on the first day because there was absolutely no evidence. I figured, (as happens in 90% of these games) that people had guessed wrong, and any bandwagon jumpers would be immediately accused. It's called playing it safe... but out of sheer luck it backfired. In any case lack of voting on Orinoco means almost nothing, as Bahktosh pointed out awhile ago. It was less than 20 hours between the first accusation and his hanging.. for all we know the zombies decided to vote for one of their own and then didnt followup to save him.. or made a calculation that sacrificing one early on would obfuscate the others for the rest of the game.
Cesare

Post by Cesare »

Lassr wrote:Cesare's Divine Spark has been on my short list also for this comment on page 2
Wait.. we're lynching BEFORE the zombies even kill anyone? What are we basing this on?
Just seemed like he was playing the confused innocent. Let's see what other people think and where the voting goes from here.
Actually, I skip over the italicized, fiction text, so I didn't realize that someone was killed as part of the initial story. But apparently that makes me a zombie.

I agree pr0ner is probably innocent, unless the two siblings are already dead (or too afraid to speak up). I absolutely guarantee that I'm innocent.. but I'm not going to throw out a random accusation just to save my skin.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

I love it.

EVERY PERSON who gets voted for quickly replies stating their innocence.

Someone's lying.

At this point, I can't see it being that harmful just voting someone off. There are only two zombies; at the moment, they are at a distinct tactical disadvantage. Therefore, some, if not all, of these things need to happen.

1) Someone needs to be voted off. Cesare is as good a choice as any, unless he can provide me or someone else proof that he's innocent, especially if the psychic has taken a look at Cesare.

2) The psychic needs to do something. Preferrably through PM to me. It's useless to have psychic powers and not tell anyone; we'll wind up making continuous blind guesses as a result and slowly shift the power of the game back to the remaining two zombies.

3) Once we've advanced the game again, we must focus on the clearly suspicious ones, mainly those who didn't vote for Orinoco. It might wind up killing an innocent or two, but in a game where all three zombies knew who the others were, I see no point in a zombie voting a fellow zombie off in the first round when the zombies clearly need all three alive to maintain any sort of tactical advantage.
Hodor.
ezmate

Post by ezmate »

Perfect move pr0ner.

This shakes out 4 ways:

Ok, nobody has disputed pr0ner. We can all safely assume that he's one of the brothers.

Psychic...now's your chance to contact pr0ner and pass on what you know.

Good Doctor...you really need to protect pr0ner because he's the zombies' next target. If not him, then perhaps a vocal villager (like me?!). If you chose not to protect pr0ner this move, then plan on protecting him next move. But I think it's a really smart move to protect him now.

Good Doctor, you also need to contact pr0ner & let him know who you are.

In any case, pr0ner can start giving us direction on who to vote for (since he'll have knowledge of the psychic, the other brother, the doctor, & whatever information the psychic has gathered). With all of this information, we'll have a good chance of killing another zombie:

13 players left, 4 of whom are known to be good by pr0ner - leaving pr0ner with 9 unknowns minus whatever the psychic can tell him (probably just 1).

This means that following pr0ner's advice gives us a 2 in 8 chance of getting a zombie. Plus, pr0ner should be able to tell the psychic who else to scan...giving the psychic a good chance of catching a zombie.

Everyone else: Vote for whomever pr0ner votes for.
ezmate

Post by ezmate »

By the way, I think we should give the doctor & the psychic 24 hours to contact pr0ner before pr0ner starts calling for someone's head.

Psychic, contact pr0ner.

Doctor, contact pr0ner and protect him.

Zombies...die!