Zombies! ArmyofOne can't do it alone. Villagers win!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

The was not much discussion on this day. The crowd knew who to kill next.

Gbadsen was dragged to the nearby field, protesting his innocence. But the villagers did not listen. "Die zombie, die" they yelled. Why were they yelling "The zombie, the" in German, one villager wondered. But he kept his mouth close to avoid suspicion.

In their eagerness, the villagers didn't even bother to decapitate gbadsen before gutting him. A mass of food fell on the ground. "We have brains!" one onlooker yelled. But that wasn't brains - it was just poutine. Gbadsen was no zombie.

The crowd was stunned. They had been so sure of themselves and they managed to kill another innocent. Refusing to look each other in the eye, each villager slunk back to his own house to wait. They would get little sleep tonight.

Night has begun. Those that need to PM me, my box is open.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:Night has begun. Those that need to PM me, my box is open.
He he. You said Box. He he.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

well, it was a stab in the dark. Sorry gbasden. We gutted him before he could even defend himself.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Morning came and like the days before the villagers gathered in front of the lab. But something was definitely amiss - 2 villagers from the previous day were missing.

The crowd first went to ArmyofOne's house, but ArmyofOne was nowhere to be found.

And so the group hurried over to Lassr's home. Inside was a mess. Two bodies lay on the floor. ArmyofOne's headless body was sprawled across the couch and a syringe was stuck in his arm. Lassr was in just as bad shape. The parts of the body that could be made out were missing chunks of flesh. And Lassr's head was also blown away. A revolver lay on the floor beside his body.

The villager's quick realized what had happened. ArmyofOne had been the last zombie and attacked Lassr, the doctor. There had been a brutal fight; but by using his remaining antidote, Lassr had managed to stun ArmyofOne long enough for him to decapitate the zombie. The wounds Lassr received were too great, however; there was nothing he could do to prevent his zombification. And so, Lassr choosen his only possible path.

The crowd took Lassr's body and buried it beside the graves of gbadsen, chaosraven, Bakhtosh, ezmate, and Remus West. The remains of Orinoco, Cesare's Divine Spark, and ArmyofOne were incinerated.

The zombie menance had been defeated. Out of the original 15 villagers, 6 remained. Their nightmare was finally over.

Or was it?????

Good game guys.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

The roles for those interested:

Pr0ner + setaside - siblings
Lassr - doctor
tgb - psychic
ArmyofOne, Cesare's Divine Spark, and Orinoco - Zombies
Remus West - annoying ghost :wink:
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

damn. wish I was alive to take part in the celebration orgy...no wait, this village is full of men.

SO who was the other sibling. msteeler or setaside? Edit: Never mind
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Wow...it got really tense there for a while when a couple of the good guys were accusing each other. Congrats to pr0ner for his bold move that turned the game.
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” -Thomas Jefferson
Finding Red Riding Hood well-armed, the wolf calls for more gun control.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:Pr0ner + setaside - siblings

For Lassr. And well done fellas. Nice to see my death was not in vain.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Getting Orinoco on the first lynching obviously changed the game in the villager's favor in a huge way. Instead of the game starting out 3 against 12, it more or less started out as 2 against 12.
tgb

Post by tgb »

Good game, guys.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
setaside

Post by setaside »

Yeah guys. Sorry I couldn't play a bigger part in this one. My moving and work deadlines were/are killing me.

I've got a draft put together for another zombie game I'd like to run so I may post that later to get some input from potential players. I've put in some interesting rule changes that may or may not work very well.

Good job, villagers.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Before I got this latest round of PM's, I also realized that the rules were some what flawed in at least this one case: when there's only one zombie left, he probably shouldn't die if he attacks the doctor. Otherwise, if the doctor is alive and connected with a couple of others, it's almost impossible for the zombie to win (since the doctor won't get lynched). I hadn't specified any exception to the zombie/doctor rule, however, so I didn't want to change it this late in the game.

If I do this sort of game again, I think that would be at least one change in the rules.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Bakhtosh wrote:Wow...it got really tense there for a while when a couple of the good guys were accusing each other. Congrats to pr0ner for his bold move that turned the game.
proner's admission really got the game moving fast with all the behind the scene PMs. I took a chance early that proner was telling the truth and admitted to being the doctor. I had to die by zombie if I was going to die, I couldn't be lynched and waste my talents.

Getting Orinoco right at the start really put the zombies in a world of hurt though.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:Before I got this latest round of PM's, I also realized that the rules were some what flawed in at least this one case: when there's only one zombie left, he probably shouldn't die if he attacks the doctor. Otherwise, if the doctor is alive and connected with a couple of others, it's almost impossible for the zombie to win (since the doctor won't get lynched). I hadn't specified any exception to the zombie/doctor rule, however, so I didn't want to change it this late in the game.

If I do this sort of game again, I think that would be at least one change in the rules.
I don't think you change the rule. Thats one of the reasons why it is important for the bad guys to kill off the hunter role early when the loss of a teammate is not so harsh. During the fallen game we actually benefited from the confusion in our PMs that killed you off. We lost ND but preserved the rest of our block. Had we waited we would have lost ND the next day and still had to kill you the next night. That is the biggest power of the hunter role.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:Before I got this latest round of PM's, I also realized that the rules were some what flawed in at least this one case: when there's only one zombie left, he probably shouldn't die if he attacks the doctor. Otherwise, if the doctor is alive and connected with a couple of others, it's almost impossible for the zombie to win (since the doctor won't get lynched). I hadn't specified any exception to the zombie/doctor rule, however, so I didn't want to change it this late in the game.

or make it:
If 3 are left and one is a doctor then if the zombie chooses the innocent, game over as the doctor then commits suicide because there is no one left. But if the zombie chooses the doctor, game over as the doctor takes out the zombie.
Cesare

Post by Cesare »

Good game all.

Not to bitch, but we were basically screwed out of the gate by losing a zombie out of sheer luck and having a paper trail on the first vote. I tried to throw out the "they did it on purpose" angle, if only as a desperate attempt to stop the "let's lynch Cesare" angle, but you guys weren't going for it. Bahktosh actually had brought that up, maybe we should have let him live and spread that angle a little more.. the reason were were generally going for the louder folks was because we had a very trusting group of villagers.. the loud folks were generally on the right track and no one else was really questioning their motives. Had we as zombies taken the lead in trying to sort things out, we probably could have come back from our deficit.

In truth, neither me or ArmyofOne were even around for the first round of lynching, so neither of us could steer the mob away from Orinoco. That really happened fast. :?

Oh, and I really didn't read the intro flavor text, hence my confusion about lynching before the zombies struck. I thought it was hilarious that people took that as a clue. :P

Anyway gg.. time to look for a new game.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

well you kept me guessing wrong on who to protect.
1st night was Remus-thought he might be the pyschic (or zombies think he was the pyschic) with the start of the Orinoco vote.
2nd night was tgb - Bakhtosh said he trusted him in a post.
3rd night was proner -obvious sibling
4th night was tgb -found out he was the pyschic
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

ArmyofOne, Cesare's Divine Spark, and Orinoco - Zombies

Ok you bastards...

Will somebody PLEASE tell me why I got eaten so quickly???
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Chaosraven wrote:ArmyofOne, Cesare's Divine Spark, and Orinoco - Zombies

Ok you bastards...

You are annoying. What better reason is there. I'm sure if you and Kelric are innocent in the same game it will give the bad guys an aneurism trying to decide who they should kill first. :D
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Ok you bastards...

you taste like chicken
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

They saw your picture in this thread:

http://www.octopusoverlords.com/phpBB2/ ... hp?t=39259
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Ok you bastards...

On a more serious note, maybe because you were the last vote on Orinoco? Had I not offered myself up the next day I think I would have been a likely target the following night. Maybe AoO and CDS will check back in and tell you though.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

I'm just askin as I seem to get eaten every game...
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Well you did win a flawless victory your first go round so folks might think you are a bit dangerous. :?
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

It's probably an inside joke, "Let's kill CR...it'll be funny."
Cesare

Post by Cesare »

We went after Chaosraven because A) he's a veteran zombie/werewolf player and B) he was trying to figure things out.

Our general strategy was to brute force the organized, thinking types out of the game. The hope was that the remaining players would be less inclined to discuss things out loud, either because they're generally quiet or because they'd been intimidated.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Makes sense.

Dooms me as I cannot just shut up, regardless of whether I'm a good
guy or bad guy.

:D
"Where are you off to?"

Orinoco

Post by Orinoco »

The vote to lynch me was unbelievable fast. I didn't have a chance to defend myself - although I'm not sure it would have helped on the first vote. That was pure luck :)
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Cesare's Divine Spark wrote:We went after Chaosraven because A) he's a veteran zombie/werewolf player and B) he was trying to figure things out.

Our general strategy was to brute force the organized, thinking types out of the game. The hope was that the remaining players would be less inclined to discuss things out loud, either because they're generally quiet or because they'd been intimidated.
guess it's good that I often post incoherent babble. :D
Cesare

Post by Cesare »

Lassr wrote:
Cesare's Divine Spark wrote:We went after Chaosraven because A) he's a veteran zombie/werewolf player and B) he was trying to figure things out.

guess it's good that I often post incoherent babble. :D
heh.. obviously by "thinking" I meant people who were reasoning things out out-loud. just re-read that and it looked weird.

And actually, as I wrote to ArmyofOne the other day:
According to our MO, Lassr should be the victim tonight. We should let him live and hope that makes people suspicious.
:D

then the pr0ner incident happened..
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Orinoco wrote:The vote to lynch me was unbelievable fast. I didn't have a chance to defend myself - although I'm not sure it would have helped on the first vote. That was pure luck :)
Ha. I have my revenge. From the grave, but revenge none the less. And Chaosraven died. Now all I have to do is get back at Asharak. :twisted: :wink:
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Lassr wrote:well, it was a stab in the dark. Sorry gbasden. We gutted him before he could even defend himself.
Gee, thanks guys.

Where's my moon pies now?
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Interesting strategy. Why didn't you vote to kill me, then, after coming out as the sibling?
Hodor.
Asharak

Post by Asharak »

Remus West wrote:Now all I have to do is get back at Asharak. :twisted: :wink:
There's an opening in the 4OTP league, if you care to try to take me down on my own turf. :twisted:

- Ash
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Asharak wrote:
Remus West wrote:Now all I have to do is get back at Asharak. :twisted: :wink:
There's an opening in the 4OTP league, if you care to try to take me down on my own turf. :twisted:

- Ash
Whats 4OTP? Ah. Nevermind. I hate baseball.
ArmyOfOne

Post by ArmyOfOne »

Interesting strategy. Why didn't you vote to kill me, then, after coming out as the sibling?
After no one had questioned your claim to be one of the siblings it was a sure fire bet that you would've been protected. We were hoping to get you right away so I started the Kelric smear campaign. Which had gained momentum yet sadly fizzled, giving the villiage enough time to get behind you.