Lars Werewolf Game 3: [Game is ended]

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Lars

Lars Werewolf Game 3: [Game is ended]

Post by Lars »

Ok, I feel refreshed and ready to give this another shot. Thanks to all the great feedback I got from the last game, I've tweaked the rules a bit to try and make things more interesting. For those of you that have already played under the previous rules, here are the changes:

When a player is lynched, it will be revealed to all if that player was a werewolf or not
This change was made in order to give some immediate feedback to the innocent villagers who otherwise would have no idea if they are on the right track or not. Plus, this makes it more interesting for the "audience" watching the game progress.

All personal messaging is prohibited. The only exceptions are the werewolves, whom are allowed to personal message between themselves, and the masons, which can also personal message between themselves. However, all of the personal messages can only take place during the night cycle. This rule exempts the personal messaging to the moderator, of course.
So, what this means is that, during the day cycle, all conversations must take place in the thread, NO EXCEPTIONS. This will, of course, swing the advantages back towards the wolves again, as it will not be possible to build up a secret voting block behind the scenes. This will also make it much more interesting for the "audience", and for the innocent villagers, who will have much more of an opportunity to be involved in the game instead of sitting around waiting for things to happen.

Removed Wolfsbane role
For obvious reasons

Expanded Sorcerer's powers
See below for details

Changed Werewolf Hunter's powers
See below for details

Rules

The game involves 18-22 villagers.

4 of the villagers are Werewolves
1 of the villagers is a Sorcerer

1 of the villagers is a Seer
1 of the villagers is a Werewolf Hunter
3 of the villagers are Masons
1 of the villagers is a Priest
1 of the villagers is a Medium
6-10 of the remaining villagers will be Innocents

Roles will be assigned at random.

EXPLANATION OF ROLES

Werewolves
During the night cycle, the 4 werewolves will conspire to kill a villager. They cannot kill one of their own, it must be someone who is not a werewolf.

Sorcerer
The Sorcerer is on the Werewolf team (wins if the Werewolf team wins but is not a Werewolf). During the night, the Sorcerer can ask 1 question about any other player, DEAD OR ALIVE. The question that the Sorcerer asks the moderator must be a specific yes or no question about the role of the player in the game. (Examples include: "Is <player> a mason?" "Is <player> a werewolf? "Is <player> an innocent villager?") The moderator will answer the Sorcerer either yes or no. The Sorcerer starts off by not knowing the identity of the Werewolves nor do the Werewolves know his identity. The Sorcerer does not count as a Werewolf for determining the endgame, meaning that the Sorcerer counts as a villager when determining if the Werewolves can take over the town.

Seer
Each night the Seer can ask about a player, and is told if that player is a Villager or a Werewolf. No other roles will be disclosed to the Seer about that person.

Werewolf Hunter
At night, the Werewolf Hunter can choose to secretly protect one other player. The Werewolf Hunter can choose to not protect someone during the night cycle as well. The Werewolf Hunter cannot choose himself to protect, or the previously protected player from the previous night. If the Werewolves choose to kill the same person that the Werewolf Hunter has chosen to protect that night, there will be a battle between the Werewolves and the Werewolf Hunter. There will be a 50% chance that either the Werewolf Hunter will be killed in the battle, or one of the Werewolves will be killed, chosen randomly. The person that was chosen to be killed that night will survive regardless of the results of the battle. If the Werewolf Hunter survives the battle, his identity will be known to the surviving Werewolves.

notes: If the Werewolf Hunter is killed in battle by the Werewolves, he will NOT know the identities of any of the Werewolves. Thus, holding a séance in order to speak with the Werewolf Hunter to find out the identities of the other Werewolves will not work.

Masons
Three of the villagers are Masons (members of the secret society). Since they are together at night, they know each other are not Werewolves. The Masons can secretly speak with each other at night, and are the only villagers allowed to speak with each other via personal message during the night period.

Priest
The Priest can, during the night cycle, discover the true role of one player who was previously killed. That includes giving the Priest the truth if the player was a Werewolf, the Seer, the Sorcerer, etc. This ability can only be used once in the game.

Medium
The Medium can, once a game, hold a séance. In order for a séance to occur, a majority of the village has to vote for it for a particular player, and the player being voted on has to be dead, obviously. It is up to the Medium when or if they expose themselves, but in order to actually have a séance, the medium would be required to expose themselves, and participate. If the Medium does not give his/her approval and participate, the séance will not happen. When holding a séance, the dead player can make one post in the thread, revealing what he knew up to the point in time of his death. The player is not forced to tell the truth, they can say whatever they wish, but the information has to be presented in the actual thread only, no PMs are allowed. Thus, it is very important for any dead person from this game to not look at any spoilers or get any other information about the game until the game ends.

CYCLE

The game begins at night, while the village sleeps. Each night, the 4 Werewolves conspire to murder an Innocent. Each night, the Seer, if still alive, receives a vision (by asking me "Is X a Werewolf?"). The Sorcerer will receive a vision (by asking me "Is X the <seer, werewolf, priest, innocent, etc>?") The Werewolf Hunter will tell me who he wishes to protect, if anyone (by telling me "I will protect X" or "I will not protect anyone"). The Priest will tell me if he wishes for me to revel to him the role of an already deceased Villager (by asking me "I wish to know the true identity of X" or "I will not use my powers this night"). I will have to hear back from each of these people before I can advance the game cycle.

Each dawn, the village will awaken to discover the mauled corpse of the prior night's victim. All living villagers will then have a chance to select one of their number to lynch by participating in the discussion in this thread. Remember, NO PERSONAL MESSAGING IS ALLOWED. They can also call for a séance, if they wish.

To vote for a lynching, place the name of the accused in boldface. Nothing else is a vote.

Lynching goes by majority rule. Changing votes is possible only until a majority is reached. (If you're in the plurality and you want to change your vote, change it before that decisive vote is cast!) Once a majority is reached, the accused will be hanged by the neck until dead! Voting is not required, but night will not fall until the village hangs someone. The same rules apply for a séance vote. When the villager is hanged, I will reveal if he was a Werewolf or not.

I will announce the latest news at dawn and dusk (gametime) to mark the cycle.

CLUES and RULES

I will provide no clues in the thread, and none outside the thread other than the questions I'm asked by the people with the appropriate roles.

Nobody dead may say anything to anyone at any time, unless you are "resurrected" in a séance. I will tell you personally if that happens to you. (See rules about the Medium for clarification)

Anyone may PM me for clarification of the rules.

VICTORY

The Villagers win if they kill all the Werewolves, and there is at least one non-Werewolf left alive. The Sorcerer is counted as a non-Werewolf, even though he is on the "winning" side if the Werewolves win.

The Werewolf team wins if the number of non-Werewolves equals the number of Werewolves.

If you wish to participate, please post below letting me know. I reserved 3 spots for some real life friends of mine that were interested in participating. If they decide not to, I will free up their spots for anyone that may not have made the original cut.

PLAYERS

1. Bakhtosh
2. Soulbrother#1
3. zoltaire
4. yossar
5. Nameless
6. tru1cy
7. Crux
8. LordMortis
9. Mark
10. Grundbegriff
11. Orinoco
12. Mr Bubbles
13. noxiousdog
14. msteelers
15. ezmate
16. Genghis
17. Remus West
18. Leigh
19. Kraegor
20. pr0ner
21. Chaosraven
22. UsulofDoom

[title edited by Bakhtosh]
yossar

Post by yossar »

I'll play as long as I get to be the priest again!
Dreamcast Krew 4 Life
Nameless

Post by Nameless »

I've been following these games for a while, and they look like a whole lot of fun. If you don't mind one of the lurkiest of lurkers joining up, I'd like to sign on for this one.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

in
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Crux

Post by Crux »

Why not. In.
If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit - Mitch Hedberg
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Is the sorcerer allowed to PM the wolves if s/he finds them? If not how are they supposed to aid that side without giving themselves away/getting eaten?

added: maybe 1 PM saying hey, you are wolf I am sorc type thing?
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Remus West wrote:Is the sorcerer allowed to PM the wolves if s/he finds them? If not how are they supposed to aid that side without giving themselves away/getting eaten?

That kind of prevents lies, now doesn't it?

Hey Nameless, long time no post. How's the little one? What happened to the 77?

In.
Mark

Post by Mark »

I'm in.

For those who I played with last time - don't worry, I've learned a lot since then :lol:
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Interesting rules. In.
Orinoco

Post by Orinoco »

In.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

In
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

What will be funny about this game is if Raven and Remus both play. It'll be implied that they'll be forbidden from talking about the game during via the PM rule. It'll kill them. (That is assuming that no PM's imply no game communication outside of this thread. If Email, talk, IM, etc... is fine then it kinda defeats the purpose.)
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Wow. No pm's? That sounds impossible.

Which means I have to try ;)
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

No pm's? It'll be pretty much impossible for any type of voting block to be formed without it being really obvious.

I'm in!
ezmate

Post by ezmate »

What the heck...

I'm in!
Where I go, destruction will follow!
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

msteelers wrote:No pm's? It'll be pretty much impossible for any type of voting block to be formed without it being really obvious.

I'm in!
Specifically, the seer get nerfed badly.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Its all about verbal maninuplation. Either you put yourself out there or you subtly guide the voting. Of couse everyone will be speculating. Sounds fun.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Genghis

Post by Genghis »

I normally just lurk, but I would like to give it a try if there is still a spot open.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

What the heck. I just volunteered to die in the other game so IN.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

In, if there's still room... If there isn't still room, I'll be the first night's vic.!
Kraegor

Post by Kraegor »

with this many sayin "aye" there are still 19 spots? I didnt actually bother counting so perhaps i made the cut off.

I'll play.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

I'm in!
Hodor.
setaside

Post by setaside »

I would love to be in for this one but work deadlines and moving deadlines prevent me from being able to do so. I'm already over-extended. I will be watching this one though.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

In.

(hey LM, who says I wanna talk to Remus anyway?)

See how easy that was? I just put parentheses around it
and it's like I was whispering! Shame on you for eavesdropping.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Chaosraven wrote:In.

See and here I've been, not going to the bars and now I'll want to go just to watch the two of you not talk about werewolf.
Leigh

Post by Leigh »

LordMortis wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:In.

See and here I've been, not going to the bars and now I'll want to go just to watch the two of you not talk about werewolf.
Roy L. Fukes wrote: Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

hell we've been talking about some loser that sits home with a dwarf game
so much there's hardly any time left to talk to the dancers

:twisted:
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Lars

Post by Lars »

Remus West wrote:Is the sorcerer allowed to PM the wolves if s/he finds them? If not how are they supposed to aid that side without giving themselves away/getting eaten?

Nope, the Sorcerer cannot send any PMs to the Werewolves, or vice versa. The Sorcerer will have to use his knowledge to influence the game as best he can in the public forum of this thread, just as the Seer will.
LordMortis wrote:What will be funny about this game is if Raven and Remus both play. It'll be implied that they'll be forbidden from talking about the game during via the PM rule. It'll kill them. (That is assuming that no PM's imply no game communication outside of this thread. If Email, talk, IM, etc... is fine then it kinda defeats the purpose.)
No PMs does, in fact, imply no communication about this game outside of this thread. So, I would ask those 2 to please restrain themselves from talking about it between themselves.

Something else that I wanted to mention to everyone interested in playing, and forgot to include in my original opening message: I fully expect this game to take a few weeks to complete. I expect the first few lynchings to take a long time, so if you're not going to have the patience to ride it out, please reconsider your involvement. I'm going to wait until at least Thursday or Friday to get the game started, so you have some time to pull out if you're not man enough to handle it. :lol:
UsulofDoom

Post by UsulofDoom »

i'm in
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

If you have a spot left, I'm in.
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” -Thomas Jefferson
Finding Red Riding Hood well-armed, the wolf calls for more gun control.
UsulofDoom

Post by UsulofDoom »

im in
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

I can certainly honor the FaceToFace moratorium on discussion.

(now see what you did, LM?)
"Where are you off to?"

Leigh

Post by Leigh »

Lars wrote: I'm going to wait until at least Thursday or Friday to get the game started, so you have some time to pull out if you're not man enough to handle it. :lol:
[whine] Lars is sexually discriminating and doesn't want me to play! [/whine]
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Leigh wrote:
Lars wrote: I'm going to wait until at least Thursday or Friday to get the game started, so you have some time to pull out if you're not man enough to handle it. :lol:
Reading your response puts Lars' comment in a completely different context :shock:
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Leigh wrote:
Lars wrote: I'm going to wait until at least Thursday or Friday to get the game started, so you have some time to pull out if you're not man enough to handle her. :lol:
I fixed it for you Leigh
Bertrand Russell
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Mr Bubbles wrote:
Leigh wrote:
Lars wrote: I'm going to wait until at least Thursday or Friday to get the game started, so you have some time to pull out if you're not man enough to handle her. :lol:
I fixed her for you Leigh
Fixed her for you Mr B
"Where are you off to?"

Lars

Post by Lars »

I put up a little reserve list in case the 3 people I'm waiting for decide not to play. If someone is still interested in playing, you can still post below asking to be in, and I'll add you to the reserve list. No promises on getting in on this round though.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Leigh wrote:
You can pull out? :shock: My image of you is ruined but I can assure you chaosraven will now be absolutely infatuated.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

You know... I think stuff like this is *NOT* game oriented and *IS* allowed
in PMs...
"Where are you off to?"

Lars

Post by Lars »

setaside wrote:I would love to be in for this one but work deadlines and moving deadlines prevent me from being able to do so. I'm already over-extended. I will be watching this one though.
I feel bad for you, setaside. You seemed to be very excited in participating in these games, but you died immediately in the last game, and can't participate in this one. I'll be sure to hold a spot for you in the next game I run.