Zombie II: ArmyofOne can't do it alone. Villagers win.

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Ralph-Wiggum

Zombie II: ArmyofOne can't do it alone. Villagers win.

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Is anyone interested in trying another zombie game? We would need 15 people again and the rules would be the same as the previous game (as can be seen here) with two expections:

1). If there's only one zombie left and he attacks the doctor, the zombie will not die.

2). If a sibling is killed (whether by lynching or as zombie food), the other sibling will also die (he pulls a T.O. and commits suicide).

If there's enough interest, we can get another game going by this afternoon.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I'm in. :D
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
yossar

Post by yossar »

I'll play as long as I get to be the priest again.
Dreamcast Krew 4 Life
ChrisGrenard

Post by ChrisGrenard »

Oh! Pick me pick me! I want to become an hero! Yay suicide!
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

in.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

I'll do it. In!
Hodor.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

So when a sibling dies, you'll have 3 deaths in 1 day instead of the normal 2?

I'd go with: If sibling gets lynched, the other gets so angry that he goes out zombie hunting and gets eaten. If sibling1 gets eaten, the other is found covered in sibling1's blood, holding his dead body and refuses to say anything that will exonerate him, resulting in him being lynched by a hasty mob...
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” -Thomas Jefferson
Finding Red Riding Hood well-armed, the wolf calls for more gun control.
setaside

Post by setaside »

I'm in ... And RW, check your PM's.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Oh what the hell.. Im in for this one
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Bakhtosh wrote:So when a sibling dies, you'll have 3 deaths in 1 day instead of the normal 2?
More or less, though the sibling can die either during the day or during the night depending on whether the sibling is eaten or lynched. I could have the sibling kill himself the next day, but I think it works just as well.
I'd go with: If sibling gets lynched, the other gets so angry that he goes out zombie hunting and gets eaten. If sibling1 gets eaten, the other is found covered in sibling1's blood, holding his dead body and refuses to say anything that will exonerate him, resulting in him being lynched by a hasty mob...
But that would penalize the mob too much. Not only does an innocent die, but then the villagers don't get a chance to lynch a zombie that day. Unless they get two lynchings, but then the result is the same as having both siblings die at the same time.
tgb

Post by tgb »

Last one was fun. In.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
setaside

Post by setaside »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:Unless they get two lynchings, but then the result is the same as having both siblings die at the same time.
Except that it gives the other sibling a chance to pass on his information to somebody else before being munched/decapped.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

It does take something away from the mob, but it DOES give the psychic another night to scan for zombies, otherwise, you just lost an extra innocent.

Another thing to consider, with the extra loss, you'll end up with an even number of players, setting up the potential for a tie vote.

Either way, I'm in.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Bakhtosh wrote:It does take something away from the mob, but it DOES give the psychic another night to scan for zombies, otherwise, you just lost an extra innocent.

Another thing to consider, with the extra loss, you'll end up with an even number of players, setting up the potential for a tie vote.

Either way, I'm in.
Tie vote doesn't matter. If there are enough zombies to win game over. If not then we have to work to convince people where to change their votes.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

i'm in. I'll be active everyday but saterday this week going to gone all day.

I think the biggest problem with the odd number of deaths in one day is that it throws the balance out of whack we can have a deadlock for voteing on any further occation.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."--George Orwell
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

setaside wrote:I'm in ... And RW, check your PM's.
I assume that means Ralph :evil:

Bastage I can't even kill him this game. :D
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Bakhtosh wrote: Another thing to consider, with the extra loss, you'll end up with an even number of players, setting up the potential for a tie vote.

Either way, I'm in.
Hmm... I hadn't thought of that. Have ties been a problem in past games?
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Right, a tie vote can occur anytime there are an even number of voters. Most of these games reserve the right to end the voting after a certain amount of time, based on a plurality, but what happens if 5 people think Remus should die, and 5 think I should die, and there are only 10 players left?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Bakhtosh wrote:Right, a tie vote can occur anytime there are an even number of voters. Most of these games reserve the right to end the voting after a certain amount of time, based on a plurality, but what happens if 5 people think Remus should die, and 5 think I should die, and there are only 10 players left?
Why do you always have to pick me? Why couldn't we be split between lynching you and Grenard and have everyone love me? Why are you trying to kill me already? :cry:
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

I think one of the first games ended up with an even # of players, and it was one the "lessons learned" that you should use an odd number of players.

Is it a common problem, probably not. But it's worth considering before the game gets started and the zombies get lucky.

There there, Remus...it'll be okay. It was just a reference to our past experience...not an indication of future performance...you brain eating freak. :P
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

What if the villagers get to lynch two people the day after both siblings die?

edit: That would insure that there are only an even number of players for one day.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

You could give the siblings the hunter's self defense ability but have them both die. That is, since they are family they stay together and take out a zombie when they get eaten. And if one gets lynched the other goes insane and kills one of the folks who voted to kill their kin then themselves in grief and remorse. If you do this though the doctor would lose his self defense totally or the zombies would be nerfed huge.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

To avoid an even # of players at the vote, you need an odd number each daytime (so an even starting # if a PC gets eaten on night 1), and you need to lose an even number of players every day. If you lose both siblings to the zombies or the mob, then there needs to be another way to come up with an extra death or to avoid the next one.

So if a sibling gets lynched (very unlikely due to their nature), and #2 offs himself, then the zoms get 1 kill. So you either need another death (for a total of 4 in a row) or the zombies feast on those two corpses that night, and don't get an extra kill.

If the zoms kill #1 at night, then they also catch #2, and we either lynch 2 people that day or we're so upset that we can't bear to kill another that day and the zoms get another go.

Or, just take the chance that there may be a tie and come up with a tie breaker.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Remus West wrote:You could give the siblings the hunter's self defense ability but have them both die. That is, since they are family they stay together and take out a zombie when they get eaten. And if one gets lynched the other goes insane and kills one of the folks who voted to kill their kin then themselves in grief and remorse. If you do this though the doctor would lose his self defense totally or the zombies would be nerfed huge.
Not a horrible idea...combining the role of Dr and siblings...

Another option: 3 siblings, but that greatly increases the odds that one of them will attract the attention of the zoms.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

3 siblings in this small of a group is way to many. One connection with the seer and the game is over.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Ok, here's how it's going to work:

If the zombies kill one sibling (thus killing the other that same night since they live together), the villagers get two lynchings the next day.

If the villagers lynch a sibling, nothing happens to the other sibling.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

So here's a count of the current players:

Remus West
yossar
ChrisGrenard
noxiousdog
pr0ner
Bakhtosh (I assume from your postings that you want to play?)
setaside
Mr. Bubbles
tgb
Arcanis
tru1cy
Yankeeman84
ArmyofOne
ChaosRaven

14 down, 1 to go.
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

I think the taking out of a zombie is the best solution so far. Take that away from the doc so that you don't have the same problem as in the last game. You can prety much declare victory when it is down to 1 zombie and the siblings are still alive though. but at that point the seer should have all the answers and the zombie has no chance anyway.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."--George Orwell
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

I'll play
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

If the siblings are the "doc", do they get the protection abilities from the doc? So they'll have to discuss who to protect, can't protect themselves, both die when attacked, but take a zombie out with them.

4 dead in one day/night cycle in a game this small can really change the game, but it's no different than getting 2 lynchings in one day.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

But what then happens if a sibling is lynched rather than killed by a zombie? Does the other sibling go crazy and kill a random villager?

edit: I'm not against giving the siblings the doctor's power of taking out a zombie, but I think the doc needs to keep the protection power.
Yankeeman84

Post by Yankeeman84 »

I will play, Ralphie!
XBox Live Gamertag: Yankeeman84

GO HOKIES!!!

Virginia Tech Department of History
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

i think that is the best choice doc no longer kills zombie when eaten and the siblings do but both die in the fight. could be fun to mess with the zombies and have the siblings choose which one's house they stay at and if they go to the other one's house the eat no one that night. :shock: it would mess up the game but would be fun for the thought of starving the zombies.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Ok, here's the final revision (I hope!):

If a sibling is killed by a zombie, one random zombie will die that night as will the other sibling.

If a sibling is lynched, nothing special happens (the other sibling does not die). However, if the zombies attack the remaining sibling, no zombie will die.

If there is one zombie left and he attacks the siblings, only one sibling is killed and the zombie doesn't die.

The doctor has the power to protect someone each night, but will not kill a zombie if attacked.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:Ok, here's the final revision (I hope!):

If a sibling is killed by a zombie, one random zombie will die that night as will the other sibling.

If a sibling is lynched, nothing special happens (the other sibling does not die). However, if the zombies attack the remaining sibling, no zombie will die.

If there is one zombie left and he attacks the siblings, only one sibling is killed and the zombie doesn't die.

The doctor has the power to protect someone each night, but will not kill a zombie if attacked.
Those sound good to me!
Hodor.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Finally! :D

Ok, only 3 more players needed. Join now and receive a free bottle of Cheetos Flavored Lotion!
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

My only problem is that the Doctor is pretty indestructible if the Zombies attack him. He can basically come out at the beginning of the game and have no fear of dying
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

tru1cy wrote:My only problem is that the Doctor is pretty indestructible if the Zombies attack him. He can basically come out at the beginning of the game and have no fear of dying
Not anymore. He will no longer kill a zombie if attacked at night.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:
tru1cy wrote:My only problem is that the Doctor is pretty indestructible if the Zombies attack him. He can basically come out at the beginning of the game and have no fear of dying
Not anymore. He will no longer kill a zombie if attacked at night.

Scratch that I read the new rule wrong
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Correct me if I am wrong, but the doctor can NOT protect himself. So if he comes out in the open the village loses his protection as he will be eaten.