Zombie II: ArmyofOne can't do it alone. Villagers win.

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

We need to get this turn over with so we can hear what big news ND has to share with us.
“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” -Thomas Jefferson
Finding Red Riding Hood well-armed, the wolf calls for more gun control.
setaside

Post by setaside »

Bakhtosh wrote:We need to get this turn over with so we can hear what big news ND has to share with us.
Okay. I urge everbody to decapitate me so that I can stop dragging the game down. I'm an innocent but at least I won't be a hinderance any more.
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

setaside wrote:
Bakhtosh wrote:We need to get this turn over with so we can hear what big news ND has to share with us.
Okay. I urge everbody to decapitate me so that I can stop dragging the game down. I'm an innocent but at least I won't be a hinderance any more.
Hinderance is the wrong word. I haven't voted either. But we are nearing that impasse I was talking about.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I bow to the noble setaside and in accordance with his wishes leave my vote as is. Hopefully the sacrifice of an innocent will yield similar results to the last zombie game in which that was done 8-) .
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I have a question for Ralph. If the psychic chooses to pass his ability will the one recieving it know who passed that power to them?
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Vote count:

noxiousdog - 1
Chaosraven - 2
tgb - 1
setaside - 1
Remus West - 1
st_dysan - 2

Whoo hoo - 1 vote in 20 hours. You guys are flying now.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Remus West wrote:I have a question for Ralph. If the psychic chooses to pass his ability will the one recieving it know who passed that power to them?
No.
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:
Remus West wrote:I have a question for Ralph. If the psychic chooses to pass his ability will the one recieving it know who passed that power to them?
No.
lol. does that mean we should all send you an inquiry every night just in case we're the psychic?
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:
No.
However the one doing the passing will certainly know and have to live through the night to do it so can easily PM the one they gave the power to and since only those two players would know the power had been passed it would be almost impossible to fake being that person. And they could include any other information that they had.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

noxiousdog wrote:
Ralph-Wiggum wrote:
No.
lol. does that mean we should all send you an inquiry every night just in case we're the psychic?
I think you misunderstood Remus' question. The person receiving the psychic powers will know if they now have those powers. They just won't know who passed those powers to them.
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

With a heavy heart i commend Setaside. I can only pray his sacrifice leads us to victory over the undead threat.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."--George Orwell
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

setaside, your sacrifice will not be in vain.
Hodor.
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote: I think you misunderstood Remus' question. The person receiving the psychic powers will know if they now have those powers. They just won't know who passed those powers to them.
OOps. :oops:
Black Lives Matter

Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Vote count:

noxiousdog - 1
Chaosraven - 1
tgb - 1
setaside - 3
Remus West - 1
st_dysan - 2
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

We have 3 people who are refusing to vote, and we're giving up and taking out an innocent. Why not concentrate instead on those who are refusing to take a stand?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Bakhtosh wrote:We have 3 people who are refusing to vote, and we're giving up and taking out an innocent. Why not concentrate instead on those who are refusing to take a stand?
You'll note I am still trying to get dysan to speak some more. I did leave my vote where it was after all. I believe setaside that he is innocent. I said that I couldn't see him being a zombie and voting right after yossar on the YM vote. So I will not vote to kill an innocent that is participating. I will note those that are willing however.

oh, and aside from ND who else has not voted?
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Since the "orgy 'o death":

Pr0ner - setaside
pr0ner - recinds setaside
pr0ner - ChaosRaven
ChaosRaven - Nox
Bakhtosh - Nox
Remus - Nox
tgb - ChaosRaven
st_dysan - ChaosRaven
Arcanis - ChaosRaven
pr0ner - recinds ChaosRaven votes Nox
Remus - recinds Nox
ArmyofOne - tgb
Remus - setaside
Bakhtosh - recinds Nox
pr0ner - recinds Nox
setaside - Remus
Remus - st_dysan
Bakhtosh - st_dysan
Arcanis - setaside
pr0ner - setaside

Remus West - (Nox), (setaside), st_dysan
noxiousdog - NOT VOTED
pr0ner - (setaside),(ChaosRaven),(Nox), setaside
Bakhtosh - (Nox), st_dysan
setaside - RemusWest
tgb - (ChaosRaven) - NO VOTE
Arcanis - (ChaosRaven), setaside
tru1cy - NOT VOTED
ArmyofOne - tgb
ChaosRaven - Nox
st_dysan - ChaosRaven

And we know that the siblings are dead, leaving 2 zombies and 2 powers.
tgb

Post by tgb »

Just to move things forward, put me in theSetaside camp.
I spent 90% of the money I made on women, booze, and drugs. The other 10% I just pissed away.
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

the delima right now is what is the better course of action knowingly killing an innocent or risking killing one of the powers in an attempt to get a zombie. Statisticaly there is a much greater chance of killing an innocent than either a zombie or power. Less than 1/2 of what remains is not an innocent that can do nothing more than guess at what is going on.

I cast a vote for setaside because he asked for it and i would rather not risk the psy before they get a chance to form a voteing block against the zombies. If they can at least get 3 or 4 working together before they die that is all that we need. for them to not win.

Also with the Doc still alive we have a chance if they guess right to screw the zombies into not getting a meal that night. and that only allows us to form a stronger voteing block against the zombies.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."--George Orwell
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Arcanis wrote:the delima right now is what is the better course of action knowingly killing an innocent or risking killing one of the powers in an attempt to get a zombie. Statisticaly there is a much greater chance of killing an innocent than either a zombie or power. Less than 1/2 of what remains is not an innocent that can do nothing more than guess at what is going on.

I cast a vote for setaside because he asked for it and i would rather not risk the psy before they get a chance to form a voteing block against the zombies. If they can at least get 3 or 4 working together before they die that is all that we need. for them to not win.

Also with the Doc still alive we have a chance if they guess right to screw the zombies into not getting a meal that night. and that only allows us to form a stronger voteing block against the zombies.
Since I have been in contact with folks at least impliing they are the doctor and the psychic I am less worried about that then I maybe should be but it does make me more willing to try to gut a zombie this round. Due to this and some waffling on his part I am going to cast my vote for the tgb I don't promise he is undead but I want to check and be sure.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Vote count:

noxiousdog - 1
Chaosraven - 1
tgb - 2
setaside - 4
Remus West - 1
st_dysan - 1

6 votes needed for a majority.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

If you accept that setaside is innocent, as I do, then voting to hang a known quantity is foolish. It is like having one mason vote to hang another. Do not throw away what you know for "sure".
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

Like Remus, I have reason to believe that the odds of hitting the psychic or doctor at random are very small. I think next turn will lead to a sizeable voting block...and I'd rather take a shot at finding a zombie than killing a definite innocent.
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

Remus West wrote:
Arcanis wrote:the delima right now is what is the better course of action knowingly killing an innocent or risking killing one of the powers in an attempt to get a zombie. Statisticaly there is a much greater chance of killing an innocent than either a zombie or power. Less than 1/2 of what remains is not an innocent that can do nothing more than guess at what is going on.

Since I have been in contact with folks at least impliing they are the doctor and the psychic I am less worried about that then I maybe should be but it does make me more willing to try to gut a zombie this round. Due to this and some waffling on his part I am going to cast my vote for the tgb I don't promise he is undead but I want to check and be sure.
bolded to show where i have already given my reasons for my vote. Remus at this point in the game it would be foolish of the psy to reveal themself to you unless they viewed you. Not saying you are a zombie but they would have no way of knowing you were not a zombie that was doing a good job at hideing it. And there is no reaso for the doc to ever reveal himself unless he is in the voteing block with the psy. and it is another member of the block he is revealing to.
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

I will also vote for tgb.

Reasoning - primarily because we need to move along, secondarily because he's more chatty than nr0mal.

Also, while I admire setaside's sacrifice, i think that pushes him into the safer camp. While it's a good play for a zombie early, the more impatient the villagers get, the more dangerous a play it is. Not only did setaside not back off, he further encouraged it.

edit: bolding
Black Lives Matter

Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

I'll change to tgb and hope he didn't get pickted twice in a row to be the psychic.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Vote count:

noxiousdog - 1
Chaosraven - 1
tgb - 4
setaside - 4
Remus West - 1

6 votes needed for a majority.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Arcanis wrote:
Remus West wrote:

bolded to show where i have already given my reasons for my vote. Remus at this point in the game it would be foolish of the psy to reveal themself to you unless they viewed you. Not saying you are a zombie but they would have no way of knowing you were not a zombie that was doing a good job at hideing it. And there is no reaso for the doc to ever reveal himself unless he is in the voteing block with the psy. and it is another member of the block he is revealing to.
The one I have spoken to only implied psychic, he did not claim to be nor did he deny being when asked outright. I will fully admit that I could be wrong on it. I don't think I am but then no one ever really believes they are wrong in their deductions. My point remains that I doubt tgb's humanity and think that killing setaside, if you believe him, is foolish. If you believe he is an innocent then killing him does the zombie's job for them. If you believe he is innocent then he can be counted on as part of a voting block to get the zombies. Notice I did not call for everyone to join me in voting against tgb, while I think he is a zombie you need to decide for your own as I have no concrete proof. What I did call for is that those who believe setaside not lynch a "known" innocent. To me it all hinges on whether you accept that he is innocent or not.
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

then i am mistaken. But you do have a point and it has been wieghing on me about voteing for a known innocent.

I too shal vote for TGB for the same reasons others have listed already but i pray he is not the doc or psy.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I'm going to be offline until about 4 PM. But assuming that the voting is concluded by then (which, considering how long this has taken, might be an incorrect assumption :wink: ), I'll post the follow-up when I get back.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

noxiousdog wrote:Reasoning - primarily because we need to move along, secondarily because he's more chatty than nr0mal.
What's nr0mal supposed to be? A play on my screen name or something?

Oh, and tgb to be beheaded. Yes, I've changed my vote alot, but dammit, you all are confusing with your information and leads!
Hodor.
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

pr0ner wrote:
noxiousdog wrote:Reasoning - primarily because we need to move along, secondarily because he's more chatty than nr0mal.
What's nr0mal supposed to be? A play on my screen name or something?

Oh, and tgb to be beheaded. Yes, I've changed my vote alot, but dammit, you all are confusing with your information and leads!
i would be worried if you could keep up with all of this. that is enough to drive a man insane.
Bakhtosh
Forum Moderator

Post by Bakhtosh »

And for the record, my suspicions currently lie in roughly this order with only one "sure thing" (me).

NoxiousDog
pr0ner
st_dysan
ChaosRaven
Arcanis
tru1cy
tgb
ArmyofOne
RemusWest
setaside
Bakhtosh
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Its after 4. Damn it Ralph, between you and Lars I'm goingnuts. You are not to have any sort of life until this game is done. Just sit patiently at your computer and moderate our game. Damn it.

On a side note, the moderater can't randomly decide to kill a player can they?

Just in case. Sorry Ralph, I'll wait patiently.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Voting is closed. The write-up is coming shortly. And Remus West will also die due to the above post. :twisted:
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote:Voting is closed. The write-up is coming shortly. And Remus West will also die due to the above post. :twisted:
I said sorry. :cry:

Stupid Duke fans
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

After seemingly days of bickering and changing votes, the group finally decided - tgb needed to die. tgb argued his case but to no avail - the mob just wanted to get the deed done and go to sleep. "Can I at least have one more cigar before I die?" tgb pleaded. His question fell on deaf ears - the axe cut through his bald head in one quick chop.

Even before he had stopped twitching, tgb's stomach was sliced open. Barely any food fell out (it was Yom Kippur the night before, after all), but it was clear that brains had not been part of his last meal. tgb was not a zombie.

A few in the crowd cried, but most of them were already too tired to care. The shambled back to their individual houses to get some sleep, each one praying that he wouldn't be the next victim of a zombie attack.

Those that need to send PM's, send away.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

crap that ups the odds I have been talking to a zombie. At least I've had no real information to share with them.
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

my thoughts as well RW
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

the only good thing is that I have been talking to a lot of folks so knowing that I have had people tell me things doesn't really narrow it down for them. Or they can take me out. We shall see I guess.