New WW Players Here Please - hey KinKid!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Remus West

Re: Remus

Post by Remus West »

Lassr wrote:
LordMortis wrote:...
You in the BSG game? You had a comment like you were so I added you in. If not let me know.
I doubt it as he said earlier he wasn't into playing right now but he may have changed his mind.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Rule Remix (for those, like me, who aren't all that familiar with Battlestar Galactica)

There are two teams, and each is crippled in an interesting way.

The 3 bad guys are robots called Cylons, and they have a human sympathiser who will join their band if he locates the one he considers a friend. Thus, there are potentially 4 bad guys if the human successfully hooks up. The bad Cylons are #6 (Six), #12 (Twelve), and Brother Cavil. The sympathizing human who might change sides if he finds his friend, #6, is Balthar.

The dozen good guys are humans, except for one, Athena, who is a "Good" Cylon. One of the twelve, Balthar, is a potential turncoat (as described above). Among the dozen good guys are the following Special characters: Athena, Apollo, Starbuck, and Helo. They have powers they can use actively. In addition, three of the remaining good guys are "doctors". Their powers are not active and their identities are closely-guarded secrets. How much info the Moderator (Lassr) reveals each afternoon depends on how many of these hidden doctors are alive.

The evil Cylons have the following active powers:
  • ALWAYS: Six and Brother Cavil can PM each other.
  • NIGHTLY: Six and Brother Cavil (and #12 if they have found him, and Baltar if he has defected) must attack one other player. (If Six and Brother Cavil are dead, the choice of victim belongs to #12, whether they have found him or not. If all three are dead and Baltar has defected, the choice of victim belongs to Baltar.)
  • NIGHTLY: Brother Cavil can ask “What was the role of dead player ________?”
  • NIGHTLY: Six can ask “Is player ________ Baltar?”
  • CONTINGENT (always): If and only if Six finds Baltar or Baltar finds Six, the two can PM each other.
  • CONTINGENT (always): #12 can PM the other evil Cylons if and only if they first discover him by attacking him at night.
  • CONTINGENT (day): #12 can detonate to kill one other player of his choice if and only if the humans kill him by some means other than Helo's special shot.
The special Humans have the following active powers:
  • DAILY: The Humans (as well as the evildoers among them) must choose to kill someone in an attempt to rid themselves of the evil Cylons. This requires a majority vote, and is irreversible once a majority is reached.
  • NIGHTLY: Athena may ask of some player "Is ________ a Cylon or a Human?"
  • NIGHTLY: Apollo may ask “What was the role of dead player ________?”
  • NIGHTLY: Starbuck may try to protect any single player, including herself, with the following limits: (a) she may protect a given player more than once, (b) she may not protect the same player twice in a row, (c) she may choose not to protect anyone, and (d) she will die at night, replacing that night's Cylon-choice, if she protects a Cylon other than Athena.
  • NIGHTLY: Baltar can ask “Is player ________ Six?”
  • CONTINGENT (always): If and only if Six finds Baltar or Baltar finds Six, the two can PM each other. Baltar may never PM any other Cylon.
  • CONTINGENT (day): Helo can kill a player of his choosing exactly one time. If and only if he kills Cylon #12 in this way, #12 will not detonate.
Knowledge:
  • Only Brother Cavil and Six and #12 know who Brother Cavil is.
  • Only Six and Brother Cavil and #12 know who Six is.
  • Only #12 knows who #12 is.
  • Only Athena knows who Athena is.
  • Only Apollo knows who Apollo is.
  • Only Starbuck knows who Starbuck is.
  • Only Helo knows who Helo is.
  • Only Baltar knows who Baltar is.
  • Baltar does not know who Six is.
  • Each doctor knows he is a doctor.
  • No non-doctor knows who is a doctor.
  • No doctor knows any other doctor.
  • If and only if at least one doctor is alive, the Moderator (Lassr) will reveal autopsy results indicating whether the player killed by day was a Cylon or a Human. The autopsy will not reveal whether a Cylon was Athena, and will not occur if all doctors are dead.
Meta:
  • Anyone may PM the Moderator (Lassr) at any time.
  • Nobody may PM any other player at any time, unless PMing is specifically granted by the rules noted above.
  • Nobody may discuss the contents of PMs from or to the Moderator.
  • All Special Humans and Cylons must submit orders to the Moderator every night, even if the orders are to do nothing.
  • Everyone receives a PM at the start of the game.
  • Withdrawals must be bolded.
  • Votes must be bolded.
  • Posts may never be edited.
Knowledge Acquisition:
  • Daytime killing (lynching): Everyone will learn whether the player was Human or Cylon (Athena is included as Cylon), as long as at least one doctor is alive.
  • Athena's nightly scan will reveal whether ________ was human or cylon, and (if ________ = Baltar) whether Baltar has defected.
  • Apollo's nightly scan and Brother Cavil's nightly scan will reveal the role and power of deader ________.
  • Six's and Baltar's nightly scan will reveal whether ________ is the missing friend.
  • If Starbuck protects a Cylon other than Athena, then it doesn't matter whom the Cylons chose to assassinate; Starbuck becomes their victim that night instead.
  • If Starbuck protects ________ and the Cylons choose to assassinate ________, there will be no death. Starbuck will not know whether the lack of death means (a) she was successful, or (b) the Cylons found #12.
  • If the Cylons attempt to assassinate #12, there will be no death. #12 will gain PM rights.
  • If Six and Baltar make contact, the fact that Baltar has turned will be revealed to all.
Sequence of play at night:
  • 1. Starbuck protects
  • 2. Apollo, Athena and Cavil scan.
  • 3. Six scans for Baltar
  • 4. Cylons assassinate
  • 5. Baltar scans for Six
Victory Conditions:
  • Humans win by killing all the Cylons (except Athena) and by killing Baltar if he has switched sides.
  • Cylons win by killing enough humans to make the sides even (thus ensuring a cylon victory).
Chaosraven

Re: New WW Players Here Please - hey mipe!

Post by Chaosraven »

mipe, if you want to discuss the game (before it starts) and how the regulars play here, this is a good thread to use
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
mipe

Post by mipe »

*Scrolling around topic list*

Hmmh, there seems to be something very familiar with the topic title... OHMIGOSH! IT'S ME!

Actually, I don't have questions atm, but I can ask them while ingame too... Expect it would kind of blow my cover to say:

"Let's say I am character X, What should I do?" :D
Roleplaying in Massive Multiplayer Online Role-playing game?
BLASHPHEMY!!

Do you like OO? Do you like Civilization? Do you like Fall From Heaven 2? If you answer yes at all, come to viewtopic.php?f=4&t=62242
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

mipe wrote:*Scrolling around topic list*

Hmmh, there seems to be something very familiar with the topic title... OHMIGOSH! IT'S ME!

Actually, I don't have questions atm, but I can ask them while ingame too... Expect it would kind of blow my cover to say:

"Let's say I am character X, What should I do?" :D
True, but you can always ask questions of the moderator of the game by PM.

If it pertains to strategy or information you wouldn't normally have access to, they won't answer, but for basic stuff, sure.

The basic idea here is to run through questions you may have of a general nature before the game begins.
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

stessier

Post by stessier »

Also, is there some minimum number of time mipe has to post or some length of time he has to be registered to be able to PM? I know he can receive, but when can he send? I might need him to send my an email address to correspond until the time limit is up...
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

I started reading ALL the werewolf threads on OO forums... I am on ninth ATM (checking from that topic which has the list of all the games) And having my attention especially to people who are in this game...
Unfortunately I don't have access to my files at the moment, or I could send you lists by player of what games they were in for your research.

Werewolf Games (Players and Spoilers)
--------------------------------------------------
Forum Games
-------------------------------------------------
1. Lassr
2. Chaosraven
3. Scoop20906
4. Mr. Bubbles
5. Remus West
6. Kelric
7. Sectoid
8. Semaj
9. Bakhtosh
10. RevHempus71
11. Austin
12. Newcastle
13. Sean, Minister of KtSP
14. Grundbegriff
15. triggercut
16. Unagi
17. Kraegor
"Where are you off to?"

mipe

Post by mipe »

There is this topic http://www.octopusoverlords.com/forum/v ... 16&t=57374 Which has all the games + players.

I don't need your lists!
BLASHPHEMY!!

Do you like OO? Do you like Civilization? Do you like Fall From Heaven 2? If you answer yes at all, come to viewtopic.php?f=4&t=62242
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

mipe wrote:There is this topic http://www.octopusoverlords.com/forum/v ... 16&t=57374 Which has all the games + players.

I don't need your lists!
Heh.

Check the author on those :twisted:
"Where are you off to?"

mipe

Post by mipe »

Chaosraven wrote:
mipe wrote:There is this topic http://www.octopusoverlords.com/forum/v ... 16&t=57374 Which has all the games + players.

I don't need your lists!
Heh.

Check the author on those :twisted:
Yeah... I know :(
BLASHPHEMY!!

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Hmmm... maybe I should put a Game List for frequent Players,
Name with Number of Games
followed by spoiler list of the games, with links (spoiled so the post isn't HUGE)

Added to Chaosraven's OCD WW Fixation To-Do list.
"Where are you off to?"

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

mipe wrote:"Let's say I am character X, What should I do?" :D
Actually you could feel free to do just that. Of course, nothing says you actually have to be character X when you ask. If you ask about character X, Y, and Z you never know what sort of thing you will find. Of course someone will undoubtably think you are trying to out the specials somehow if you do this so it is likely to get you lynched. Or the bad guys will think you are player X and kill you.....
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Chaosraven

Re: New WW Players Here Please - hey KinKid!

Post by Chaosraven »

*bump*

Been a bit since we needed this.

But it's to appropriate, and deffinately needed
"Where are you off to?"

Kenetickid

Post by Kenetickid »

ok so I found out that I have to have atleast 10 posts on the board to be able to PM
The world is a swirling maelstrom of death and decay. It's inhabitants feed upon each other in a vile feast of flesh and blood. We should all live this way because it is the way of the universe that the strong survive and the weak PERISH!

Remember, Cthulhu saves too...........He just saves you for last.
Kenetickid

Post by Kenetickid »

so in that aspect I guess I need to get a few posts in before long so that i am able to participate in the games
The world is a swirling maelstrom of death and decay. It's inhabitants feed upon each other in a vile feast of flesh and blood. We should all live this way because it is the way of the universe that the strong survive and the weak PERISH!

Kenetickid

Post by Kenetickid »

because not being able to PM another player could cause alot of issues

Kenetickid

Post by Kenetickid »

which would also include that I actually would not be able to participate in said game to fullest extent

Kenetickid

Post by Kenetickid »

so which in turn would mean that if I could not participate to the fullest extent would inherantly mean that

Kenetickid

Post by Kenetickid »

I should not participate in said games, but I have an uncanny need/want to participate so

Kenetickid

Post by Kenetickid »

in conclusion I would like to say that I have finished my what would seem like an endless stream of rambling for no better reason than to boost my number of posts up to ten.............wait I think that was what I was trying to do so now that I have even made a fool of myself I will conclude my ramble with a thankies and can't wait to "see" you all in a game.

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Should I post in this thread? I'm unsure of whether I'm supposed to or not...

Wait a minute...

:o
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Lagom Lite wrote:Should I post in this thread? I'm unsure of whether I'm supposed to or not...

Wait a minute...

I think yer ok, d00d.
"Where are you off to?"

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Chaosraven wrote:
Lagom Lite wrote:Should I post in this thread? I'm unsure of whether I'm supposed to or not...

Wait a minute...

I think yer ok, d00d.
Well alright then.

Is that from Moomins in your sig btw? Loved those as a kid. Heck, still do.
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Lagom Lite wrote:Is that from Moomins in your sig btw?
Yes it is, the Picture too.
"Where are you off to?"

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Didn't they get rid of the 10 posts to be able to PM thing? I could be wrong but I thought they did.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

As Remus takes the opportunity to pad to 15854 in the PM Padding Thread...

I dunno. Should have had him try before reaching 10.
"Where are you off to?"

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Chaosraven wrote:As Remus takes the opportunity to pad to 15854 in the PM Padding Thread...

I dunno. Should have had him try before reaching 10.
out of 15854 posts there are probably 12 that would not be able to fit into one category of "padding" or another. So bite me.
Kenetickid

Post by Kenetickid »

RemusWest 

Sorry had to make sure I knew how to do it

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

sure, target the guy you barely know rather than your evil neighbor. Shows which side you are on.
Kenetickid

Post by Kenetickid »

I only target those who target me for less than obscure typing reasons

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Kenetickid wrote:I only target those who target me for less than obscure typing reasons
I neither targeted you nor was the reason obscure. Typo-boy. :P
theohall

Post by theohall »

Remus West wrote:
Kenetickid wrote:I only target those who target me for less than obscure typing reasons
I neither targeted you nor was the reason obscure. Typo-boy. :P
 Remus West 

No Remuscide is going to happen this round. :P
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Remus West 

Quickly, tru1cy and Chaosraven!!!
Is there anyone in hell?

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

the tag for voting / lynching is

just saying.... 

Brossi

Post by Brossi »

fire
slim099

Post by slim099 »

New post
slim099

Post by slim099 »

blah blah
slim099

Post by slim099 »

test 3
slim099

Post by slim099 »

test 4
slim099

Post by slim099 »