New Orleans by Night V:TM forum RPG (Chapter 1)

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Silky

Re: New Orleans by Night V:TM forum RPG (Prologue Ends)

Post by Silky »

Karen gives a start as if she has been pinched. "My master has arrived Nigel. We must go and greet her before..." she lets those words trail off as she scans the coterie.

"Yes, of course" Nigel responds . "Please do not attempt to open the case in my absence. If you wish there are more comfortable chambers downstairs. I do not believe you should let the Forbearance out of your sight but the Lasombra should be harmless enough."

They depart quickly and head down the hall. The echo of their footsteps diminish until they can no longer be heard.
Mr. Flibble says: Game Over boys!
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Leans against wall. Grumbles to himself

Fucking mages and death lovers
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

Leans against the same wall and grumbles.

Fucking mages .........
Sheesh...... May I please get out of the corner now???? I promise to behave........
Remus West

Re: New Orleans by Night V:TM forum RPG (Chapter 1)

Post by Remus West »

Vitorio does not even glance up from the case as the two others leave the room. He continues to run his fingers across the surface to the container and mumble quietly to himself. Every so often he pulls his hand back quickly then slowly places it back in the exact spot it had been before he twitched. After several minutes of doing this he stands up straight and lifts the case off of the table swinging it casually down from the table. He pauses, looking around the room at each of the other kindred...
We really should be getting this thing back to Papa Cancro. It is not a fun thing to have around. Sadly, I can not determine the type contained within to be certain if I could control it should we proceed with the opening. In any event, I accepted an assignment, two really, and neither of them require we remain here nor do they require we open this thing. They both would benefit from its timely delivery though. I fear it may have been a waste of our time coming here first. Or worse.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Rolles his eyes :roll:

What a waste of damn time. Let's get out of here.

Grabs keys from his pocket and leaves for the door
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

Oh.... now you want to agree and get it back to Papa Cancro. I believe I suggested just that in the first damn place. Lets get it to Papa C and come back for the Sabbat. Seems they wish to keep him as is for now anyway.
Sheesh...... May I please get out of the corner now???? I promise to behave........
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

A moment please everyone. Vitorio, you are welcome to that opinion but I respectfully disagree. I feel you have knowledge to which we are not privy. I can respect wish to keep this knowledge to yourself. However, you should allow the rest of us an opportunity to "catch up" with you.

If you don't mind ...

Thomas walks over to Vitorio and motions that he would like to take the case from him.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Scoop20906 wrote:Thomas walks over to Vitorio and motions that he would like to take the case from him.
Vitorio looks at Thomas' outstretched hand but does not make any motion to turn the case over to him
So let us be clear on this then, Thomas. You are not for the swift completion of the task assigned to us by your Prince but would rather fool around here with things outside your understanding that pose a distinct danger to his domain. Do I have that correct? We do have an appointment to keep if we are to avoid that paradox you mentioned. Of course that assumes we have the correct Lasombra sitting there in Torpor. Or did it not occur to any of you that this particular fellow tried to run away from us rather than merely stepping into the shadows? If our friend Jack can impersonate our target.......
He leaves that last sentence unfinished but turns towards the door with case in hand
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

He (vitorio), makes good sense Thomas. I would like to get us back on track. After all how can we win this race if we keep standing in place.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Thomas notes that Vitorio is not handing him the case and smiles.

How interesting. Hmmmmmm. I thought it might come to this. Vitorio, I agree time is of the essence and I agree we should return the forbearance to Papa Cancro. But, I also think we need more information and I must insist that you allow me to examine the case.

Thomas sighs for moment and seems to come to a decision.

I have an offer to make. I will leave with you all now if Vitorio will simply allow me to carry the case. I promise not to open it and I remind you, Vitorio, that my promise is one I keep.

Again, Thomas holds out his hands to Vitorio ...

tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Troy turns around and looks at Vitorio and Thomas

Since we are in the Tremere's Chantry maybe you should just let him carry it?

Eyes Thomas and Vitorio
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

tru1cy wrote:Troy turns around and looks at Vitorio and Thomas

Since we are in the Tremere's Chantry maybe you should just let him carry it?

Eyes Thomas and Vitorio
As I said earlier, it may have been a mistake to come here first. Thomas has no concept of what this case contains nor of how to deal with it. I have no intention of opening nor of interacting with the forbearance in any way. Thus I feel the case is safer with me than with a neopythe Mageling that may feel he has an upperhand against something he knows nothing about. He has repeatedly expressed an interest in opening it yet now expects I would take his promise not to do so. What do I know of him or his promises? Did we not already promise to return it to Papa Cancro? Did we not promise to report to the Prince's network? Where is his deep concern for those promises. This case will not be leaving my possession until I turn it over to Papa Cancro. I entered this building in good faith. I expect to be allowed to leave it the same way and to complete our job.
Vitorio turns towards the door and begins to walk that direction.
I have no doubt about my inability to enforce my will inside of this complex so should I prove to be mistaken regarding my ability to leave I am sure my Clan will be interested to know the reasoning why. I have been contracted for a task I mean to complete. Now.
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

Looks to Troy

And here I thought WE were supposed to be the badasses in this here coterie.

To the group

Ooh, a Kindred "pissing match", how Noble.
Personally, I don't particularly trust either of you with the damn thing. I just want to get on with it. Besides has anyone given any thought to the "meeting" at the warehouse???? Hmm. Maybe, both of you need to quit acting like the badasses. That's our job (point at Troy and myself). And get back to acting like the gentlemen you propose to be. Or you might end up like somebody we know..... (nods in Jack's direction).
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

None taken.

What?

Oh, he didn't actually say that.

That's what I thought.

Freebird.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Vitorio, my friend, you are a guest here and my clan certainly has no intent to enforce anything against you or your clan. We currently are brothers in this coterie. I agree with the coterie. I believe it is time to go.

Thomas steps over to the table and picks up a scrap of paper and pencil and scrawls a small note. He folds to paper in half and leaves it on table.

There. Now, everyone I suggest we go. Oh, but one last thing. Vitorio, what frightens you so much about allowing me to handle the case?

Thomas looks directly at Vitorio and then almost seems to look through him.

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Do not mistake it for fright.
Vitorio continues walking out the door.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

They're creepy and they're kooky,
Mysterious and spooky,
They're all together ooky,
The Tremere Chantry.

Their house is a museum
Where people come to see 'em
They really are a scream
The Tremere Chantry.

(Grim)
(Prim)
(Passim)

So get a witches shawl on
A broomstick you can crawl on
We're gonna pay a call on
The Tremere Chantry.

Hmmm... what rhymes with Hump your Dead Sister?
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Suddenly, Thomas sighs wearily and looks very tired.

Vitorio, my friend, I rarely make mistakes and I am certainly not making a mistake in deciding to trust you. I can only hope in the future that that trust I place in you is well earned and perhaps someday returned.

Thomas follows Vitorio towards the exit and upon hearing Jack he mumbles to himself, "dead sister?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Scoop20906 wrote:Thomas follows Vitorio towards the exit and upon hearing Jack he mumbles to himself, "dead sister?"
easier than rhyming Giovanni... bonnie, Yanni...
"Where are you off to?"

tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Well, I don't trust either of you, so Vitorio if you must carry that thing then you will have to ride with me...this is non negotiable

Follows Vitorio to the door

Oh, you can ride in the backseat with him

thumbs his finger at the malk
Silky

Post by Silky »

Decades: Joy Division

Here are the young men, the weight on their shoulders,
Here are the young men, well where have they been?
We knocked on the doors of Hell's darker chamber,
Pushed to the limit, we dragged ourselves in,
Watched from the wings as the scenes were replaying,
We saw ourselves now as we never had seen.
Portrayal of the trauma and degeneration,
The sorrows we suffered and never were free.

Weary inside, now our heart's lost forever,
Can't replace the fear, or the thrill of the chase,
Each ritual showed up the door for our wanderings,
Open then shut, then slammed in our face.
Silky

Post by Silky »

The coterie leaves the Tremere Chantry and continues on to Erzulie's voodoo shop. The shop is 6 blocks away and the journey passes quickly. Nobody is in much mood for talking and the night has been eventful enough.

Soon you are all standing in front of the now familiar purple building with black trim. Revnant gets off of his bike with a grunt and walks in front of the side alley. "Nobody here. Not even our sleeping friend from last time." Troy already out of the Crown Vic nods to Revnant as every starts up the alley towards the side door. Troy makes like he is going to knock on the door and instead shrugs his shoulders and tries the handle. The door swings outward with a rusty groan.

The contents of the shop look the same from your first visit here. Vitorio nonchalantly strides to the door by the back cashier's desk and opens it. Without looking back he walks through the room and pushes the elevator up button. A few seconds later you can hear the metallic whining of the elevator descending. Troy and Revnant constantly scan the surroundings as if waiting for something to go awry. Jack slips a few odds and ends from the store into his pockets. Thomas merely waits for the elevator with a weary expression on his face. The elevator door slides open and all get in for the short trip into Papa Cancro's domain.

With a slight bounce the elevator comes to a stop. The door opens to reveal the familiar but nonetheless disturbing chamber that Cancro makes his home. Instead of his usual place by the sofa in his wheelchair he is standing by one of the windows. He is intently gazing out of it as if he is watching something puzzling. There is nothing that can be seen through that window or any other in this place. If he is aware of your presence he hasn't yet acknowledged it.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Here comes Santa Claws here comes Satan Claus
right down Cancro Street

Jack licks the walls

The snozzberries taste like SNOZZBERRIES
"Where are you off to?"

Silky

Post by Silky »

Cancro turns his head slowly till he is facing the coterie. His weathered lips turn up in a slight smile. "Good evening, Sons of Caine. I see you have retrieved the Forbearance. Is it still your intention to complete our bargain?"
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Jack flips his collar up, sticks his hands in his pockets, and hunches his shoulders.

Actually, the price has gone up, I'm afraid. I know we had an arrangement, but due to fluctuating market prices we are going to have to raise our side of the negotiations to a Pack of Skittles and a Sixer of Diet Coke. No hard feelings, we hope.
"Where are you off to?"

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Thomas grimaces and turns to look at Jack.

Jack, I would have appreciated it if you would have discussed this change earlier.

RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

Yes, Papa Cancro. We are here with the Forbearance, as per our arrangement.
Silky

Post by Silky »

"Very well, let us conclude our arrangement" nods Cancro at Revnant. "Please place the Forbearance on that desk and I shall deliver on my part of the bargain."
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

Vitorio, thats your queue.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Vitorio looks at Papa Cancro but does not step forward
Is something amiss here? We are bringing you the item you said belonged to you and professed worry about it's impact in the kine world yet you show nothing of relief at it's return. Has the situation turned? Is there information you think may aid us further as we move to avoid the paradox?
Silky

Post by Silky »

Cancro smiles wearily at Vitorio

"Nothing has changed that concerns us. I am not in the possession of social skills I once commanded. Living in solitude for decades tends to erode the manners. I have known about you coming here for a long time so that surprise is lost to me. It has been many years since we last spoke and I am grateful you have retrieved the Forbearance. Mankind will receive a temporary reprieve. I will destroy it when I take place down. As far as avoiding Paradox is concerned you already have the means but it is up to you to furnish the desire. "
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Vitorio, I believe we have gained all the knowledge we need to deal with the settites. As you said before, let us conclude this contract.
Last edited by Scoop20906 on Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Never taking his eyes from Cancro, Vitorio steps forward slowly and slides the case onto the table.
Silky

Post by Silky »

Cancro nods at Vitorio.

"Again I thank you all. You will find the reward I promised you in your possession. It will bring you good fortune."

Storyteller Note: I will update you with what Cancro gave each of you in the offsite forum. You may plan your next steps now or wait till after the holiday weekend. I will be very busy and don't think I will be able to update again until at least Sunday or Monday.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Ti-Yi-yi-yiiiiime is on my side... yesitis
stopit
Don't take any wooden nickels Papa!

Jack begins to sniff the walls
I went... (points) THATAWAY
Jack heads off in the direction he just pointed
"Where are you off to?"

Silky

Post by Silky »

A blindingly bright light suddenly forces you to shield your eyes. The light is gone after a few seconds. Slightly dazed you look around to discover you are standing in a different room. The dimensions of the room are the same as well as the many glass panes that decorate the walls. This room appears to be an office of some sort with a desk and executive chair in the middle. There are filing cabinets set up in between the windows and numerous boxes of inventory crammed into various corners. Upon the desk rests the briefcase that you took to Papa Cancro now open and empty. Behind you hear the ding of an elevator door opening. Looking out the windows you determine you are in the second floor of Erzulie's Voodoo shop. It is 4:30 AM and the streets are silent.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Well, that was fun.

Looks out the window

Sunrise soon. I suggest we head home and meet back up tonight and decide on our next move.

Will leave if no one speaks up
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Just a moment, please.

Thomas walks over and places his hands on the silver case.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

As Thomas places his hands on the silver case his eyes turn milky white. At first he seems in a trance. Then suddenly he calls out in pain and his legs give out. Thomas falls to the floor with a pained and stunned look on his face. After a few minutes he slow gets to his feet but the look of pain still is reflected in his eyes.

Oh my, that was very unpleasent. I only hope that Papa Cancro survived his contact with the Forbearance. Vitorio, I am quite thankful we did not open the case.

I am ready to go.

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Vitorio moves to the table and closes the case. He gives Thomas a smug little smile that carries more than just a little "I told you so" in it. He picks up the case and walks to the elevator door
Shall we meet an hour and a half after sundown tomorrow? Troy, Rev, either of you know a good place near the docks that we can regroup before taking care of our duties tomorrow night?