New Orleans by Night V:TM forum RPG (Chapter 1)

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Silky

Post by Silky »

It looks like the consensus is to attempt to interrogate Antonio for opening Chapter 1. He is in torpor as a result of his wounds and may not be the most talkative fellow in this state. Perhaps you can revive him. Where would you like the interrogation to take place? Several of you have havens that could make a good spot and some of you do not. If you have another place in mind lets see if we can get a consensus.
Mr. Flibble says: Game Over boys!
Scoop20906

Re: New Orleans by Night V:TM forum RPG (Prologue Ends)

Post by Scoop20906 »

Will there be a return to the world of Vamps in New Orleans??? 8-)
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Scoop20906 wrote:Will there be a return to the world of Vamps in New Orleans??? 8-)
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Silky

Post by Silky »

I am always the last to know when OO comes back up :) Lets give it a little while to get a roll call on who is interested in picking this back up. So far that looks like 2 votes. If some players do not want to return we can either let another play their character or they can become NPC's.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

I've forgotten my name. Wait! Ha, no I haven't! It's Rumplestiltskin!
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Silky wrote:I am always the last to know when OO comes back up :) Lets give it a little while to get a roll call on who is interested in picking this back up. So far that looks like 2 votes. If some players do not want to return we can either let another play their character or they can become NPC's.
YES!

tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Scoop20906 wrote:
Silky wrote:I am always the last to know when OO comes back up :) Lets give it a little while to get a roll call on who is interested in picking this back up. So far that looks like 2 votes. If some players do not want to return we can either let another play their character or they can become NPC's.
YES!
what he said
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

I am back in.
Sheesh...... May I please get out of the corner now???? I promise to behave........
Silky

Post by Silky »

Alright that is everyone. When do you guys want to start back up? Friday sounds good for everyone?
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Friday is fine for me. Are we going to try and move the thread from the other forum over here? It might be more trouble than its worth.

RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

Friday is good for me too.
Sheesh...... May I please get out of the corner now???? I promise to behave........
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Friday works for me. I can even move the posts over from the other furom as quotes here is Silky wants that done. Summer and all...... :D
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

COOL! We're getting the BAND back together!

Silky

Post by Silky »

Remus West wrote:Friday works for me. I can even move the posts over from the other furom as quotes here is Silky wants that done. Summer and all...... :D
If you would Remus that would be great. It would give me more time to work on the big bad. :wub:
stessier

Post by stessier »

Friday works for your lurker too. :mrgreen:

:ninja:
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Silky wrote:Your dreams are filled with blood and gore
Now you're standing outside its door

Switchblade Symphony - Witches

No one speaks much as you make way in your convoy to the Tremere Chantry. Thomas tells Troy its location on the corner of Esplanade and Royal St. at the foot of the French Quarter. Troy nods wordlessly and continues on. The journey takes a little over 1/2 an hour.

The coterie park their vehicles on Esplanade Ave. Thomas motions for them to follow him as he walks up to a side entrance of a magnificent mansion. Vitorio is carrying the metal case and Revnant has the Lasombra hoisted over his shoulder.

The three story building appears to be well over 200 years old. The bricks are a faded rust color. To the right side of the door is a stone pedestal upon which sits a 3 foot tall stone gargoyle. Thomas walks up to the statue and extends his hand out in front of it. There is a pause for a number of seconds before the click of a latch can be heard from the door.

Thomas reaches for the handle and opens the door. "I feel the need to remind you all to please be on your best behavior inside." Thomas walks through the door and the rest of the coterie follow with sidelong glances at each other. The room you are in features a white and tan patterned wallpaper that is peeling of in a few spots here and there. An assortment of smells also greet you as soon as you enter. The most obvious is an acrid sulfuric odor. Your ears detect a slight humming noise coming from up a spiral staircase to your right. There are three other exits from this room. A large room decorated with antique furniture is directly across from the door you entered in to as well as a corridor that runs to the right and left of you.

Thomas motions everyone up the stairs and stops before a large wooden door painted blood red. His hand is raised to knock on the door when you hear "Come In" from the other side of the door. The voice has a slight English accent.

Thomas opens the door into a medium sized laboratory. Strewn about the tables are a myriad of flasks, crucibles, alembics, retorts, and many other nameless odds and ends. Standing in the middle of the room is a kindred with graying black hair, a mustache and a trimmed beard. He is of medium height with a slight build but radiates a palpable aura of power.

Thomas quickly speaks. "Nigel Porter, this is Troy, Revnant, Vitorio, and ummm ahhh... well I will him do his introductions as he nods to Antonio/Jack." Nigel nods to each of you in turn and finally faces Thomas. "What is this all about?"
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

scoop20906 wrote:We were able to track down the Lasombra who I believe aquired the "Forbearance" from Papa Cancro as we discussed earlier. Unfortunately, in our efforts to apprehend him my associates and myself made quite a mess and instead placed the Lasombra into a tupor, I don't know how deep. Since this "mess" may create some unwanted attention, I felt we needed a safe place to retire to and assess the situation so we can plan our next move.

We also recovered a metal case the Lasombra was protecting which Vitorio is carrying now. I believe it may contain the "Forbearance" although if it did, then our current situation may create the paradox you mentioned to me when we last talked.

Nigel, I think the first order of business would be for us to examine the Lasombra and then to open the case. Of course, I would appreciate any assistance you can provide.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Silky wrote:"Of course Thomas" responds Nigel. Nigel scans the room and finds a table with less clutter on it than the others. He quickly but carefully moves the devices from the table. "Please put the Sabbat here for examination Revnant. I will be back in a moment. I would like another to assist us".

Nigel quickly leaves the room and heads down the stairs.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

RevHempus71 wrote:I place the Sabbat on the table. Thomas I hope you made it rather clear that my ettiquet ............. well .......... shall we say ........ needs improvment. 8) :lol:
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

scoop20906 wrote:Rev, I have every faith in you.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Remus West wrote:
Silky wrote:OOC: I don't remember exactly what Thomas said in the OO thread about paradox. The gist of it is that Papa Cancro looked into the future and saw the events in the warehouse. If by your actions you prevent this future from coming true you may bear the brunt of reality forcing itself back right. This effect is known as paradox.
Paradox? Pfft. We have "Antonio" to play "himself" and stand in for the events with an empty case. We saw nothing we can not recreate ourselves as we saw nothing to confirm the players were indeed who we thought them to be. Plus, Rev and Troy would probably enjoy the opportunity to take care of those Settites. If we actually need the ghouls we killed I can always raise them and put them in place.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

tru1cy wrote:/leans against the wall taking in the scene.

We should have informed Lawrence of our capture of the lasombra
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

RevHempus71 wrote:Now I like what you are thinking Vitorio. I believe we should go along with the meet and greet at the warehouse. However i want to know what is in the case. I believe we should look before sharing it with others.

looks around at all the coterie

All I know for sure is that I want to be as prepared as possible for whatever comes next.
Troy, maybe we should have told Lawrence, but we chose our path so lets see it through. I mean any chance to fuck with the Sabbat is bound to be ........ FUN. Leave the politics to the pricks.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

scoop20906 wrote:
tru1cy wrote:/leans against the wall taking in the scene.

We should have informed Lawrence of our capture of the lasombra
Thomas turned to Jack.

Jack, how exactly are we going to inform Lawrence? I was under the impression he is currently missing?

Regardless, there is time for that, Jack. I wanted to see what we can learn from Lasombra and the "Forbearance" first before we decide what we tell anyone. I feel there is more going on here then a simple arms deal.

What does the "Forbearance" do and what do the Follower of Set want with it? We need to find out the answers to the questions.

I think we must be very careful what we report to Anthony and the Prince until we understand the situation much better. Perhaps with Nigel's help, we can gain some understanding from the Lasombra and by studying the "Forbearance".
As a side note from the copy/paster I believe that the name Jack should read "Troy" in the above post. :P
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Remus West wrote:I would just like to suggest that you may all wish to leave dealing with the forbearance to me. It falls very much within an area I am likely much more comfortable being involved with than others here. I assure you that our agreements with both the Prince and Papa Cancro will be met in full. However, opening the forbearance is not, at this juncture, an even remotely wise choice of action. Should you choose to do so I will not oppose you as I am close enough to certain that I would survive the results. What we do with the Lasombra...well, I really do not much care about that at this time. I see no reason to deny Rev his fun.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

scoop20906 wrote:Vitorio, I appreciate your caution but I dislike your vagueness. Obviously, you know something of this "Forbearance" beyond what we learned from Papa Cancro.

This artifact was stolen for a reason. It has a use here in this world and I want to know what was planned for it. Our continued ignorance of it is a serious risk and now that we can finally learn some answers about it, I feel we need to take advantage of this opportunity.

Thomas pauses for a second and turns to stare levelly at Vitorio and continues...

If there is a threat, I would appreciate you describing this threat in detail to us and everything else you know about the artifact. Now.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Remus West wrote:I offer some friendly advice and you turn around with what feels like a threat to tell me I should divulge clan secrets to you? Not an option. Period. I will tell you that the Forbearance is not currently a threat and once delivered to Cancro it will even cease to be a threat. I share what I am able with you but you should not feel entitled to more. If this situation does not work for you then I suggest we proceed to delivering the case now rather than later and part company upon completion of this task.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

RevHempus71 wrote:How about both of you quit the bullshit and get with the program. We have a couple of this yet to accomplish here. We have to return the Forbearance and figure out what is up with the trade deal. I believe Vitorio that the Forbearance will no longer be a threat when back with Papa Cancro. However there is still Sabat to torture...... er ....... deal with.

looks at both of them squarley and in turn.

We have a job to do so lets just do it.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Silky wrote:Nigel returns a few minutes later with another Kindred. She is a shade over 5 feet tall with long auburn hair that falls below her waist. Her deep brown eyes take in each of you in turn. There is no mistake that she is an elder.

"I would like to introduce Karen Chartry. She is an Archon of Clan Ventrue and reports to the Justicar Lucinde. We had a meeting scheduled for tonight and felt that she could lend us her expertise. Karen, this is Thomas my childe, Jack of clan Malkavian, Revnant of clan Ravnos, Troy of clan Brujah, and Vitorio Giovanni. Let us begin the examination of the Sabbat."

Nigel and Karen begin the examination of Antonio. They gauge the severity of his multiple wounds visually. Nigel then reaches for a small bottle on a book case covered with a wax stopper. He pours the contents, which looks like black sand, over the head and shoulders of the Lasombra. Karen extracts the piece of the table leg that is embedded in his chest. After a few more minutes of poking around Nigel straightens up and turns his attention back to the coterie.

"The Lasombra is in a deep torpor. It is certain that I can revive him. What is uncertain is how long it will take me. I believe I can do so in a few days. I will keep him secure in the Chantry unless you have objections. Now then what do you suppose we should do about this "Forbearance""?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

RevHempus71 wrote:Well, If reviving him is going to take a few days. Then we have no real need of him then do we. Seeing how the meeting will be over by then. As for the Forbearance, I believe we agreed to return it to Papa Cancro. I am of the mind to get it to Papa Cancro and be done with it.
Any objections to returning it to Papa C and get on with faling the meeting?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

scoop20906 wrote:No, Rev, this artifact was stolen for a reason. I think it would be very helpful to us to understand what that reason was.

Thomas turns to Nigel.

Nigel, Vitorio believes this "forbearance" poses a danger to us if we open the case. I believe that Vitorio believes that but I'm not entirely sure that the artifact is even in the case in the first place. I think it is necessary we investigate the artifact before we return it to Papa Cancro. What are your thoughts?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Silky wrote:Nigel purses his lips as his index finger touches his lower lip.

"I simply don't know Thomas. The only thing I know is that it is something the Setites wish to possess. It is likely that Vitorio is correct and the simple act of opening the case will trigger undesirable consequences. I can erect a thaumaturgical barrier around the case and attempt to open it from inside. The warding should be sufficient for many but not all events. It would of course help greatly if I knew what this "Forbearance" is." Do you have any idea Vitorio?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Remus West wrote:Hmmmm. My problem here is that much of what I know is grounded in Clan knowledge. I am not certain how much I can honestly share with you or, truthfully, how much I wish to share. Magic barrier or not I advise against opening the forebearance. If you wish I can try to discern whether the forbearance is still within the case but I feel sure we would be painfully aware had the case been opened.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

scoop20906 wrote:Thomas looks at Vitorio with an annoyed expression.

Vitorio, by all means, please discern if the forbearance is in the case.

Also, since you can not provide us with your Clan's knowledge, can you at least explain to us what you think a sabbat would want with this artifact?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Remus West wrote:I have no idea what the Settite's may desire with the Forebearance. As for the Sabbat, it seems clear to me that they wished to have it as currency for weapons. At least that would be the implication of the vision we saw. Beyond that my thoughts are pure speculation and thus unworthy of sharing at this point.

Vitorio moves to a table, looking to Nigel in an obvious check to be sure he is not disturbing anything delicate, he will clear himself some room to lay the case flat. He then begins running his hands over it and concentrating.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

annnnndddddd we are caught up. I left out some posts that were not involved in continuing the story. Only a very few though.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Remus West wrote:annnnndddddd we are caught up. I left out some posts that were not involved in continuing the story. Only a very few though.
Well, done!

Silky

Post by Silky »

Story Teller Note: Please check the offsite forum before we get started tomorrow. I have asked some of you a few questions.
Silky

Re: New Orleans by Night V:TM forum RPG (Chapter 1)

Post by Silky »

I am glad we are all able to start this up again. It just didn't feel right doing it exclusively on the offsite forum. Game is now back on.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

:pop:
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis