Latest queue for games

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Newcastle

Re: Latest queue for games

Post by Newcastle »

Let's put James Bond II in the queue after Tron
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

:horse: :horse:
huh. I thought I was up next, was just giving Issy game a little room.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

hey, dont blame me....Scoop butted up there, I am just following scoops lead thats all. I am fine waiting and what not, I dont even have it desgined, but it will be pretty basic WW with a few traditional additions based on the numbers.

By all means unagi...you can go before me or whenever....
Bayraktar!!!!

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Unagi wrote::horse: :horse:
huh. I thought I was up next, was just giving Issy game a little room.
Unagi, this is my fault. I jumped the gun because of my excitement for the TRON movie coming up. Let me jump back in my place in line. I am behind your game unless Newcastle would like to go after you.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Thought I'd update this, since i've been having an itch to do another Bond. Let me know if i got this right.

Confirmed:
Unagi - Rule of Third
Scoop - Tron
Newcastle - Bond 2

Back burner/In development (this is random ordered)
Scoop - HALO: Reach - in development/not ready
Scoop - R.SCOTT III - retooling - will be ready for late fall
Lassr - BSG
Purge - "The Road to Drambuie"

end of list
Faction War (Chaosraven)
JLA Mystery (Chaosraven)
Runebound - Descent (Chaosraven)
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

So who's next after Bond ends? Looks like we got no confirmed ones for the next WW game.

Confirmed (ready for prime time)
??

Back burner/In development (this is random ordered)
Lassr - BSG

end of list
Faction War (Chaosraven)
JLA Mystery (Chaosraven)
Bayraktar!!!!

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I'd be willing to mod a mystery game if folks are interested. I would post a list of possible powers (good and bad) along with the number of players on each team (well, the number of wolves). Aside from being certain there would be a Seer nobody would know what powers are assigned as I would randomly generate how many and which powers are going in the game along with which players get those powers.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I can start working on BSG VII for later but not right now.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
theohall

Post by theohall »

Remus West wrote:I'd be willing to mod a mystery game if folks are interested. I would post a list of possible powers (good and bad) along with the number of players on each team (well, the number of wolves). Aside from being certain there would be a Seer nobody would know what powers are assigned as I would randomly generate how many and which powers are going in the game along with which players get those powers.
This sounds intriguing.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

i'd be interested remus.
Bayraktar!!!!

Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

I would also be interested Remus. It sounds like a very cool game.
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I'll start getting some power lists together then and start a sign up.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
stessier

Post by stessier »

I'd like to run a simple WW game after Remus or whomever else is in line (maybe Lassr?).

Just wolves/seer - maybe a hunter & sorcerer if we get enough people. I stink at write ups though, so it'll be very very simple.

The twist is the voting.

Rather than the usual "everyone votes", people are nominated for the vote. Once nominated, everyone must vote whether to lynch or let live. Majority rules. If they are lynched, they die. If they are let live, they can not be nominated again that day. Thinking of putting a 48 hour time limit on each nomination. As soon as a majority is reached either way (live or die), it is final. That might help speed things along. It would also make ends like Bond II even more interesting. :D

Unless people think this is crazy, in which case we can just skip it.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

stessier wrote:I'd like to run a simple WW game after Remus or whomever else is in line (maybe Lassr?).

Just wolves/seer - maybe a hunter & sorcerer if we get enough people. I stink at write ups though, so it'll be very very simple.

The twist is the voting.

Rather than the usual "everyone votes", people are nominated for the vote. Once nominated, everyone must vote whether to lynch or let live. Majority rules. If they are lynched, they die. If they are let live, they can not be nominated again that day. Thinking of putting a 48 hour time limit on each nomination. As soon as a majority is reached either way (live or die), it is final. That might help speed things along. It would also make ends like Bond II even more interesting. :D

you can go before me. A simple one is a nice break up between more complicated ones.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

That's even closer to the actual face-to-face version. (which I have recently found out my 13 yr old daughter plays at lunch at school!)
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

stessier wrote:Rather than the usual "everyone votes", people are nominated for the vote. Once nominated, everyone must vote whether to lynch or let live. Majority rules. If they are lynched, they die. If they are let live, they can not be nominated again that day. Thinking of putting a 48 hour time limit on each nomination. As soon as a majority is reached either way (live or die), it is final. That might help speed things along.

That is totatly weird, I was also thinking of using the exact same mechanism (I realize that neither one of us is the original inventor), with all of those exact pieces (once cleared on a day, cleared for the day. 48 hour limit after nomination).

I'm very interested in seeing how a game like that plays out.

I had also toyed with an idea that "the cleared" were not part of the next round of voters on the next nomination that day (what do you think of that?) (almost like they were indeed killed off that day, just allowed back the next day.)

I looked at the nomination as sending them across the bridge to the next day.... while on that bridge - enough people (majority) may vote to kill him as he crosses (I also thought of actually making it a Vote to let him pass, Majority To LIVE) I kinda liked that thought.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

One variation I was considering is a system in which Evil may only kill someone against whom a vote has been lodged during the day. This would obviously tend to constrain Good from casting indiscriminate votes, and would force Evil to step out and accuse someone they really want kill (or force Evil to engineer that accusation, count on luck, or go without).

To prevent a mass outing of Specials in which Good simply declines to accuse them (thus making it nearly impossible for Evil to kill them), there would be a wildcard system: Evil would have one wildcard kill per additional Special to use against anyone irrespective of the accusation count. For example, if there were three Specials, then Evil would have two wildcards to deploy irrespective of the accusation count.

Possibly interesting?
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

yes
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

What incentive would there be for voting? Why wouldn't the game bog down into No Accusation? Time limit? Plurality versus Majority? Hmmm.
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Just to update this...this is what the current WW queue looks like. looks like we dont have anything up post Lassr's BSG....anyone got anything in development?

Lassr - BSG

UNKNOWNS
(FOLKS at one point indicated they'd run something, but it's been so long, I think we'd need confirmation)

end of list
Faction War (Chaosraven)
JLA Mystery (Chaosraven)
Bayraktar!!!!

stessier

Post by stessier »

I feel the need for something a little surreal. I think Chaos should run one. I don't think I've ever been in one of his games.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

stessier wrote:I feel the need for something a little surreal. I think Chaos should run one. I don't think I've ever been in one of his games.
your obvious call for my early demise has been noted.
"Where are you off to?"

stessier

Post by stessier »

Chaosraven wrote:
stessier wrote:I feel the need for something a little surreal. I think Chaos should run one. I don't think I've ever been in one of his games.
your obvious call for my early demise has been noted.
:ninja:
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

R.SCOTT III should be ready following the end of BSG.

Edit: Oops, meant ready.
Last edited by Scoop20906 on Thu May 12, 2011 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Scoop20906 wrote:R.SCOTT III should be read following the end of BSG.
and thus is a death warrant signed. :ninja:
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Remus West wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:R.SCOTT III should be read following the end of BSG.
and thus is a death warrant signed. :ninja:
HA!! Didn't think of that.

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Mystery BSG.

Sometimes in the future I want to do a game like Remus but with BSG roles. List all the roles I have for BSG and then randomize which roles are included. Some roles would be tied together though. e.g. If Baltar is rolled then Six would be included then it would be random whether Tory is in or not. Adama/Zarek would be another pair etc.

Black Lives Matter
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Sounds like fun.

I've been pondering a game based on those logic puzzles in logic puzzle magazines where you fill out a grid to deduce the who, what, where. The idea would be that each person is given a couple of facts to hold privately. Gameplay would consist partly of finding out what other people know in order to piece things together -- sort of like Clue, really.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Grundbegriff wrote:Sounds like fun.

I've been pondering a game based on those logic puzzles in logic puzzle magazines where you fill out a grid to deduce the who, what, where. The idea would be that each person is given a couple of facts to hold privately. Gameplay would consist partly of finding out what other people know in order to piece things together -- sort of like Clue, really.
I am intrigued. What's the plan for preventing the "All out on Day 1" game breaker?
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

stessier wrote:I am intrigued. What's the plan for preventing the "All out on Day 1" game breaker?
Teams.

Team #1 has to reconstruct Team #2's graph before Team #2 reconstructs Team #1's graph. So stepping out only helps your adversary. Plus, there would be a perk (maybe based on a Zarek-like construct) for anyone who figures out the whole thing.
theohall

Post by theohall »

Grundbegriff wrote:
stessier wrote:I am intrigued. What's the plan for preventing the "All out on Day 1" game breaker?
Teams.

Team #1 has to reconstruct Team #2's graph before Team #2 reconstructs Team #1's graph. So stepping out only helps your adversary. Plus, there would be a perk (maybe based on a Zarek-like construct) for anyone who figures out the whole thing.
Team #1 and Team #2 are the bad guys. Where does Team #3 fit in this equation? Only asking because this happened very recently.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

theohall wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:
Teams.

Team #1 and Team #2 are the bad guys. Where does Team #3 fit in this equation? Only asking because this happened very recently.
Eh?
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

R.SCOTT III is now taking sign ups.

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Quick update...nothing on deck after R. Scott in case anyone wants to do something

In progress
Lassr - BSG

Scoop - R.SCOTT III

UNKNOWNS (hinted, rumored, need confirmation)
Qantaga - WW Vanilla
Newcastle - Project Lindisfarne (vanilla WW, with storyline ..a la bond)

end of list
Faction War (Chaosraven)
JLA Mystery (Chaosraven)
Last edited by Newcastle on Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bayraktar!!!!

Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

I'm kicking around the idea of an X-Files game.

I'll put some more thought into it this weekend and see if everyone thinks it might be fun.

I'd be glad to host a game (even if my X-Files idea doesn't float, I could do a more traditional game) after Scoop's game. I've run two or three games on GT and I'd love to run one over here.
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Qantaga wrote:I'm kicking around the idea of an X-Files game.

I'll put some more thought into it this weekend and see if everyone thinks it might be fun.

I'd be glad to host a game (even if my X-Files idea doesn't float, I could do a more traditional game) after Scoop's game. I've run two or three games on GT and I'd love to run one over here.
I like the idea but I wonder who the bad guys will be. Will it be the aliens or will it be government forces (like cigarette smoking man)?

Are Mulder and Sculley trying to uncover the truth??? Sounds like a great theme much potential.

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

I would love to see another Light/Dark recruitment game (*koff*REMUS*koff*), and will work on Mastermind idea. Add yours to the lineup! Mine are only listed as backups when there are no volunteers, as I would always rather play.
"Where are you off to?"

pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

I wouldn't mind running a simple WW game sometime (2/3 wolves + seer), perhaps with a twist that the mod (me) can have unfiltered power to play God with the villagers if they do things to annoy him (like ezmate as an excuse for being quiet).

Thoughts?
Hodor.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I say the more the merrier for running games. Get them on the list!

I would avoid it, though, if there was a ModGod power. :)
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

stessier wrote:I say the more the merrier for running games. Get them on the list!

I would avoid it, though, if there was a ModGod power. :)
Hahaha, why? I'd let random.org choose everyone's destiny, and as long as you don't ezmate, you'd be pretty safe from the Finger of Zeus.
Hodor.