Latest queue for games

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Lassr

Re: Latest queue for games

Post by Lassr »

TenGritSandpaper wrote:
Lassr wrote:a lot of new people showing up.

BSG, the board game, I assume. Or has BSG, the WW game, reached out beyond OO.
Yes, the BSG board game. I'm not even sure what the WW game is. Boardgamegeek runs play by forum games, and I'm on the waiting list, but the wait is so long. I was hoping to find a game that would start sooner.
we play a lot of Werewolf (WW) games here in this forum. You will notice the one happening now "Lynching Liaisons."

I made a werewolf game variant based off the BSG universe.

I know some of the members here played a game of BSG, the board game, in this forum a few years ago. I don't have the game and have never played either.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

TenGritSandpaper wrote:
Lassr wrote:a lot of new people showing up.

BSG, the board game, I assume. Or has BSG, the WW game, reached out beyond OO.
Yes, the BSG board game. I'm not even sure what the WW game is. Boardgamegeek runs play by forum games, and I'm on the waiting list, but the wait is so long. I was hoping to find a game that would start sooner.
kind of curious - how did you find us?
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Newcastle wrote:
kind of curious - how did you find us?
And what news do you bring from the outside world??
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

I would be interested in a BSG board game, but I don't have it either. I know someone in the Detroit crew does, but I can't remember who.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
purge

Post by purge »

Remus West wrote:
stessier wrote:
Qantaga wrote:
Remus West wrote: If you look back at enough of the Lars games you'll find the famous Remuscide game. I don't remember which one it was. Look for ezmate in the player list as that is another saying that came from that game (although that one seems to have disappeared).

ezmate was in Lars' game 3, so that might be the one. I'll look in more detail tonight. I'm very interested in finally connecting the legend to the actual events. :)
When I first started these games I was traveling for 5 days every other week. This provided a lot of airplane time, so I printed out the old games and read them all to catch up on the lore. It was pretty fun. Be sure to check out The Thing game. :D
I miss Kraegor. :(
These posts never happen about me, ever.

I think an idea is forming....

:hawk:
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

purge wrote:
Remus West wrote:
stessier wrote:
Qantaga wrote:
Remus West wrote: If you look back at enough of the Lars games you'll find the famous Remuscide game. I don't remember which one it was. Look for ezmate in the player list as that is another saying that came from that game (although that one seems to have disappeared).

ezmate was in Lars' game 3, so that might be the one. I'll look in more detail tonight. I'm very interested in finally connecting the legend to the actual events. :)
When I first started these games I was traveling for 5 days every other week. This provided a lot of airplane time, so I printed out the old games and read them all to catch up on the lore. It was pretty fun. Be sure to check out The Thing game. :D
I miss Kraegor. :(
These posts never happen about me, ever.

I think an idea is forming....

:hawk:
You never disappeared after I had spent however long the Thing game was tormenting you with the correctness of your theories only to convert you to evil in the end....give me some more time. :twisted:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

bb2112 wrote:I would be interested in a BSG board game, but I don't have it either. I know someone in the Detroit crew does, but I can't remember who.
CR has it.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Remus West wrote:
bb2112 wrote:I would be interested in a BSG board game, but I don't have it either. I know someone in the Detroit crew does, but I can't remember who.
CR has it.
I have it with expansion stuff, but am unlikely to devote the time to setting it up and leaving it up to run it in a forum (plus I have no idea where I would leave it laying out)

I would be willing to let someone else use it for such, though.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
RMC

Post by RMC »

Chaosraven wrote:
Remus West wrote:
CR has it.
I have it with expansion stuff, but am unlikely to devote the time to setting it up and leaving it up to run it in a forum (plus I have no idea where I would leave it laying out)

I would be willing to let someone else use it for such, though.
There is a new expansion coming out very soon for BSG. :)

But man to set that up with all the cards and stuff... Gah that is an undertaking. Plus just asking questions around when doing any challenges... I know people have done it, but that is a huge time commitment.
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

So lets get this back on track away from some silly, silly board game....

who's next for the WW?
Bayraktar!!!!

RMC

Post by RMC »

Newcastle wrote:So lets get this back on track away from some silly, silly board game....

who's next for the WW?
I'm in. :)
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Moliere over on GT is trying to throw a simple game together for those that are interested
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
stessier

Post by stessier »

tru1cy wrote:Moliere over on GT is trying to throw a simple game together for those that are interested
I wish GT wasn't blocked from work. Not sure I only want to play at night.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

stessier wrote:
tru1cy wrote:Moliere over on GT is trying to throw a simple game together for those that are interested
I wish GT wasn't blocked from work. Not sure I only want to play at night.
It's a huge pain. Playing at night I mean. Both OO and GT are blocked at my work and its never been the same for me.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

So what is the plan now? Retry CR's game or punt for something else? :violence-axechase:

I like the new smilies
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

wow.
we've got pages of them now!

:happy-wavemulticolor:
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

:pop:
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

If I had time I would run a World of Darkness game, but work and home life is hectic at the moment
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
RMC

Post by RMC »

Maybe I should break out the Gilligan's Island game?

The main characters from the show would be the specials.

We could have some of the guests that showed up on the island be the wolves, or a few of them anyway..

Then what role would be which powers?

Gilligan - Scanner? Bumbling into who is who?
Skipper - Protector?
Professor - Coroner?
Ginger - Seduction to find a wolf somehow?
Mary Ann - Not sure, suggestions?
The Howells - Masons?

As for the wolves, there are a ton of people to choose from:

This one:
A mad scientist visits the island… twice! In two episodes a mad scientist named Dr. Boris Balinkoff managed to get himself on and off the island, in one case with the castaways in tow. He is, of course, evil and only interested in experimenting on the shipwrecked group. Either way, this guy made it off the isle two times when a group of seven people couldn’t seem to figure out how to escape once.

Or this one:
Eva Grubb (played by Tina Louise) gets a makeover from her strikingly similar friend Ginger. Once Ginger rids Eva of her glasses and drab attire, she makes her way back to Hollywood…alone, to steal Ginger’s movie roles.
-- Works with a Ginger Clone for the wolf...hmm..

Anyway, anyone have any suggestions? Should I write it up and see if we have any takers?
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Hmmm... That sounds interesting.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Not sure we will have enough people with that many special roles right now.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
RMC

Post by RMC »

Lassr wrote:Not sure we will have enough people with that many special roles right now.
Ya most likely not. But I always wanted to do a funny themed WW game....
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

RMC wrote:
Lassr wrote:Not sure we will have enough people with that many special roles right now.
I like it though.

Black Lives Matter
RMC

Post by RMC »

Lassr wrote:
RMC wrote:
I like it though.
This weekend, I'll put up a thread and see what kind of response we get. :)
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

If you'd like I can start a game with a max 4 players, 1 wolf, no powers, starts at night. Thats about all I have time for right now.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Calling for the keys to the spoiler forum. If you have them, can you please PM the to me. Thanks!
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

bb2112 wrote:Calling for the keys to the spoiler forum. If you have them, can you please PM the to me. Thanks!
try lassr or Stessier. I think Lassrs BSG from earlier this year was the last one there?
Bayraktar!!!!

bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Newcastle wrote:
bb2112 wrote:Calling for the keys to the spoiler forum. If you have them, can you please PM the to me. Thanks!
try lassr or Stessier. I think Lassrs BSG from earlier this year was the last one there?
I already PMd them both, but I figured I would put a shout here as well, just in case. :D
stessier

Post by stessier »

YGPM! :)
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
stessier

Post by stessier »

Does anyone know who has the keys to the Secret Forum? We have to log in and post something before Friday or the whole thing is going to go *poof*.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

stessier wrote:Does anyone know who has the keys to the Secret Forum? We have to log in and post something before Friday or the whole thing is going to go *poof*.
I created a new topic. Let me know if that is what you needed.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
stessier

Post by stessier »

Moliere wrote:
stessier wrote:Does anyone know who has the keys to the Secret Forum? We have to log in and post something before Friday or the whole thing is going to go *poof*.
Huh - never thought of that. :doh: I'm pretty sure that will be enough. I'll go in an post every so often which should keep things running.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Moliere wrote:
I think Moliere's president game was the last game. Did you use the forum? If not then BB2112's Star Wars game.

Black Lives Matter
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Lassr wrote:
Moliere wrote:
I think Moliere's president game was the last game. Did you use the forum? If not then BB2112's Star Wars game.
I created a new topic.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Moliere wrote:
Lassr wrote:
Moliere wrote:
I created a new topic.
Yes, I saw that but it would be nice to know who holds the keys and at least get the password so it is not lost to us. I see though now that you are the puppetmaster.

Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

I can always snatch the keys back as the person who created the forum (if it ever came to that). I just say I forgot the password and can reset it, so never fear. :)
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Just testing the waters for interest in a new Star Wars Werewolf game. Roles will be announced when I have an idea of how many players there will be. Would like to get at least 15, but we will see how this goes.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Id play
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

Scoop20906 wrote:Id play
Me to.
Sheesh...... May I please get out of the corner now???? I promise to behave........
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Great! We have 2. That would be a short game.