WW Game "league"?

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

stessier

Re: WW Game "league"?

Post by stessier »

Qantaga wrote:
stessier wrote:If no one else wants to do it, I can moderate a game.

Edit: I should mention I am in a creative trough so the write-ups will likely be of the form "Hey look - he's dead!" :D

stess, I can run this one, if you want to play.
Thanks for the offer, but playing takes a different level of commitment. Modding, I can just poke my head in and count without worry about any machinations. Work has been (and looks to continue to be) crazy and I don't want to play if I can't make a credible effort.

You can certainly do the Mod thing though. I just wanted to offer in case people wanted to play and no Mod was available.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Does that mean you are never playing again? :P
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
stessier

Post by stessier »

Remus West wrote:Does that mean you are never playing again? :P
Zoinks - walked right into that one. See how busy I am at work - I can't even guard against Remus' wit. ;)
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Qantaga

Post by Qantaga »

Aw, stess, I was hoping you would play. Since you aren't, then it would great for you to mod it (since I would then be interested in playing).
If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended
That you have but slumber'd here while these visions did appear
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Here's my version of player precedence after Game 3. Exclusion would go from the top down.
NameTotalRd 3
Isgrimnur123
bb2112103
theohall92
RMC92
Qantaga72
Remus West52
pr0ner52
triggercut41
Grundbegriff4-
Lassr4-
purge22
Scoop209062-
Newcastle1-
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

stessier wrote:
Remus West wrote:Does that mean you are never playing again? :P
Zoinks - walked right into that one. See how busy I am at work - I can't even guard against Remus' wit. ;)
Hey! I...I...uh, damn.
/kicks morosely on the way out
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Hey guys, I'm out this one. Work and life is ganging up and kicking my ass. Good luck!
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Lassr wrote:
purge wrote:So do we have some sort of readable scoring system?

Also, where's the OOWWL Round4 signups at?

:horse:
I'll let Triggercut do the scoring since it's his baby.
:pop:
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Sorry!

I'll post scores from the last completed game AND a cumulative season total by the end of the weekend. PROMISE.

(Upon completion of the last two games I found myself with a crapton of writing and editing to do, all of which I wanted to feverishly complete and submit before Skyrim arrived on 11-11! Mission accomplished!)
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
triggercut

Post by triggercut »

Standings you say?

Sure. Here are cumulative point totals through three games:

Isgrimnur 13
Remus 12 (+1 for modding)
theohall 9
Qantaga 8
purge 5
triggercut 3
Lassr 2 (+1 for modding)
RMC 2
pr0ner 1 (+1 for modding)
Grundbegriff 1
Newcastle -2
bb2112 -2
Scoop -1
"It's my manner, sir. It looks insubordinate, but it isn't, really."
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Well, living longer than Remus (and not voting for him) gives me a good chance to keep that lead.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Isgrimnur wrote:Well, living longer than Remus (and not voting for him) gives me a good chance to keep that lead.
:lol:
I suppose thats what I get for trying a new tactic.
theohall

Post by theohall »

Remus West wrote:
Isgrimnur wrote:Well, living longer than Remus (and not voting for him) gives me a good chance to keep that lead.
So I am guessing you won't try the "so and so" are wolves, so I will vote for someone else gambit again?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

theohall wrote:
Remus West wrote:
So I am guessing you won't try the "so and so" are wolves, so I will vote for someone else gambit again?
Given the deadline if I am the only other option I most certainly will try that again. I will also probably try the very early self vote again - which is the new tactic I was trying.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

triggercut wrote:Standings you say?

Isgrimnur 13
theohall 9
Qantaga 8
purge 5
triggercut 3
Lassr 2 (+1 for modding)
RMC 2
Grundbegriff 1
Newcastle -2
bb2112 -2
Scoop -1
This scoring system is clearly broken. :)
Scoop20906

WW Game "league"?

Post by Scoop20906 »

I'm in last place?
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
stessier

Re: WW Game

Post by stessier »

Scoop20906 wrote:I'm in last place?
Only because abs(-1) is less than abs(-2). Yeah, that's the ticket! ;)
stessier

Post by stessier »

Paging Trig - S01 M04 is ready for scoring. :)

I really like Remus' naming convention as well. Maybe after each game, we can change the name to that convention so we can more easily keep track of what was what?
theohall

Post by theohall »

I will mod the next league game. Will start the thread on Monday, 28 November. Enjoy Thanksgiving!!!!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Have we decided how long a season actually lasts?
stessier

Post by stessier »

I thought we had decided on 5 games for Season 1.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

:horse: Sitting pretty headed into the last round of play. w00t!
theohall

Post by theohall »

Using Isgrminur's idea for player precedence after Game 4, I think. Any corrections would be appreciated. Exclusion would go from the top down.
NameTotalRd 3
Isgrimnur153
theohall123
bb211210-
RMC9-
Qantaga81
Grundbegriff73
Lassr62
pr0ner5-
purge53
Remus West5-
Newcastle43
triggercut4-
McNutt33
Scoop209062-
purge

Post by purge »

Triggercut,

could you update the first post with the scoring elements used this season? (You have it as suggestion, and frankly I'm tired of reading right now). ;)

Is it possible (for season two) to issue points to those waiting (lets say 1 point for patience) and a point for each villager who survives? It adds incentive, and adds points to people who make it to the end.

Perhaps points to wolves for seer kills, and points to villagers who participate in successful wolf lynch.

I think there should also be penalties for destructive behaviours, but I've said it twice in other threads, and I don't want NewCastle thinking I'm hounding him. (far from it - it is only the most recent example of the sacrifice behaviour and I think he's a great guy :D).

If someone throws an imaginary grenade, many will jump on it due to no consequence. NC's move in game 5 would likely still have happened (given it was the second time he stepped up to the plate), a single point penalty makes it less... palatable?

Also deadline penalties might be a good idea.

Of which I'd gladly take one as I was a living contributer in game 5.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

The problem with penalizing self destructive behavior is that it can be used to expose the enemy. There is a built in penalty in that self voting as a villager carries a -1 penalty for voting for a villager. It also prevents you from gaining any bonus for voting against the wolves you may expose. So, as far as scoring goes, there is a penalty built in already. I think that passing or missing a lynch could carry a similar penalty - maybe even a -2 rather than a single point. Thus the villagers would need to consider it as more than just a single game aspect.
theohall

Post by theohall »

triggercut wrote:Standings you say?

Isgrimnur 13
theohall 9
Qantaga 8
purge 5
triggercut 3
Lassr 2 (+1 for modding)
RMC 2
Grundbegriff 1
Newcastle -2
bb2112 -2
Scoop -1
I believe this the last updated score.

And the following is the modified scoring rules:

Wolf
+1 for every villager lynched while alive
+1 for a wolf win
-3 for a wolf loss
+1 Kicker (cumulative) for consecutive villager lynches

Max 4pts Min -3pts

Villager
+2 for every wolf lynched which has your vote
+1 for first TWO villagers on succesful wolf lynch
+1 Kicker if on consecutive wolf lynch votes
-1 for every villager lynch which has your vote
-2 if your vote is on a seer lynch
+2 if your team wins
-1 if your team loses

Max 5 pts Min -5 pts

Seer
+1 for every wolf scanned
+1 for every wolf lynched which has your vote
-1 for every villager lynch which has your vote
+1 if your team wins
-2 if your team loses

I will attempt to complete the scoring for Games 4 and 5 and update this.
theohall

Post by theohall »

I believe this is the correct Game 4 scoring. My only question is are the Seer points correct? It seems like the Seer is being punished point-wise for being the Seer and finding wolves, unless his points are in addition to villager points, in which case I have to fix it.

Game 4

Remus lynched. Villager.

theohall -1
Qantaga -1
McNutt -1
Lassr +1
Grundbegriff +1

Qantaga killed overnight.
theohall +1 (successful wolf scan)

Lassr lynched. Wolf.

theohall +2 (leadership, successful lynch)
McNutt +3 (leadership, successful lynch)
Newcastle +2
Isgrminur +2

theohall killed overnight

Newcastle +4 (successful lynch, leader, consistency)
McNutt +4 (see above)
Isgrminur +3 (succesful lynch, consistency)

Village Wins

Newcastle +2
Purge +2
McNutt +2
Remus West +2
Qantaga +2
theohall +1
Isgrimnur +2

Wolves lose.
Lassr -3
Grundbegriff -3

McNutt +8
Newcastle +8
Isgrimnur +7
theohall +3
Remus West +2
purge +2
Qantaga +1
Lassr -2
Grundbegriff -2
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

purge wrote:
I think there should also be penalties for destructive behaviours, but I've said it twice in other threads, and I don't want NewCastle thinking I'm hounding him. (far from it - it is only the most recent example of the sacrifice behaviour and I think he's a great guy :D).

If someone throws an imaginary grenade, many will jump on it due to no consequence. NC's move in game 5 would likely still have happened (given it was the second time he stepped up to the plate), a single point penalty makes it less... palatable?

There were actually strategic underlays to my self vote in the last vote. Yes part of it was frustration, but only part of it.

1. I was going down, or there was going to be a deadlock. I didnt see enough critical mass going another way.
2. I didnt want purge nor Qantaga to have to vote for me. I was reasonably sure they were innocent and I didnt want you tainted by a miss on me. And i also thought you wouuldnt have voted for me.
3. I wanted the focus centered on the three who had voted for me: rev, remus and BB.

So i dont think penalizing a self vote or making it harsher is a positive thing. I think there are positive aspects to a self vote.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
purge

Post by purge »

Self-vote, yes.

I was investigating your claim when you killed yourself.

The next night, we had no lynch. It could have been you who died that night (with a deadlock, for instance) instead of Qan, or Qan may still have died, and it could have been a quicker win.

NC, I always put you as my #2 to keep someone I was relatively sure was safe under fire so that gave the wolves a target over me. I maintained Qan's innocence to cement the idea that he was good - it may have been a factor in being the night-kill (or a revenge from the wolf team... I'm sure Remus is wily enough to spin it either way ;))

I said it in game 4, (IIRC), that self-voting has its place. Suicide does too, but you weren't a zerker. :D
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

purge wrote:it may have been a factor in being the night-kill
I already told you guys that everyone I killed was because they pointed at me. Lassr, pointed at me, died. Grundbegriff, pointed at me, died. Qantaga, pointed at me, died. bb2112, stayed out of the argumernt between you and rev which I felt was as good as pointing at me, died. There was zero subtlety to what I was doing. 8-)
purge

Post by purge »

So then it worked. I didn't point to you. :D
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

purge wrote:So then it worked. I didn't point to you. :D
If you would have pointed at me I probably would have killed Rev for being the only one that didn't point at me. :lol:
RevHempus71

Post by RevHempus71 »

Remus West wrote:
If you would have pointed at me I probably would have killed Rev for being the only one that didn't point at me. :lol:
I still think you kept me alive because you were convinced you could pay me at the end..... I mean its not like it hasn't happened before. You and Grund have both played me like a fiddle. :P
Sheesh...... May I please get out of the corner now???? I promise to behave........
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

RevHempus71 wrote:
Remus West wrote:
I still think you kept me alive because you were convinced you could pay me at the end..... I mean its not like it hasn't happened before. You and Grund have both played me like a fiddle. :P
You were the least openly attentive to me. That made you my best hope. I didn't figure to make it as far as I did but I had to reach at the end. No way bb2112 doesn't vote me last day.
purge

Post by purge »

So scores?

Also, is this the end of the season or is there another game planned?
theohall

Post by theohall »

purge wrote:So scores?

If someone will verify my game 4 scoring is correct, I will score game 5 and provide the totals.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

theohall wrote:

If someone will verify my game 4 scoring is correct, I will score game 5 and provide the totals.
I thought stessier was keeping score. Ask him. Maybe it was triggercut. idk.
theohall

Post by theohall »

Remus West wrote:
theohall wrote:

They were. I tried using their Rules, but not sure if I got the Seer score right. The rest of it should be correct.
purge

Post by purge »

:cue the crickets:

You ladies gonna add a game to this season, or are we all just sitting on our hands?

:D

Perhaps you're all anticipating the big party at the end of this week:

purge

Post by purge »

theohall wrote:
Remus West wrote:
theohall wrote:

They were. I tried using their Rules, but not sure if I got the Seer score right. The rest of it should be correct.
This still doesn't answer the question. Is your seer scoring validated? Has game 5 been scored?

Can someone post the final score here in this thread?