The Meal's 2009+ Hold'Em Sit-and-Go - Finished!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Remus West

Re: The Meal's 2009+ Hold'Em Sit-and-Go - Hand34

Post by Remus West »

The Meal wrote:More to come in a while.
That is just cold. I approve.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

I present the turn when both participants flip their hole cards over. :lol:
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

This feels like me getting knocked out on the river.

:Ks: :8s:
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

LordMortis wrote:This feels like me getting knocked out on the river.
Oh ye of little faith in JC Anejo's ability to knock people out.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

The Meal wrote:
LordMortis wrote:This feels like me getting knocked out on the river.
Oh ye of little faith in JC Anejo's ability to knock people out.
Does anyone else even have a single kill this game?
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
JC Anejo

Post by JC Anejo »

Well I was going in with any two cards this time. So I still need some luck with this one

:9c: :5c:

No idea if this is posting so I apoligize if it is a repost
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Well, I didn't mean for this to drag on as long as it did (I'm not THAT cold), but with the forum FUBAR it happened. Let me just cut to the punchline:

Hand 34, Blinds: 25/50
Clicks in/out: 250/252 (blinds up at 248 -- next hand)

Action:
JC SB25
LM BB50
JC rt147
LM c147
FLOP :Kc: :5h: :2d:
TURN :Kc: :5h: :2d: :5d:
RIVER :Kc: :5h: :2d: :5d: :Tc:

JC shows :9c: :5c:
LM shows :Ks: :8s:

Main Pot (294 chips):
JC wins with :5h: :5d: :5c: :Kc: :Tc:
LM loses with :Ks: :Kc: :5h: :5d: :Tc:

JC Anejo wins the tournament! The top prize is $75 (I can apply $20 of that to the next tournament, if you'd like). Congratulations on your victory.

LordMortis finishes in second place and has won $45 from the prize pool ($20 of which will be applied to the next tournament). Thanks for playing and better luck next time.

Gentlemen, please send me your physical addresses so I can get checks in the mail. :D

Next tournament in a few days.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Seriously, did anyone else knock a single player out?
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Grats JC
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Remus West wrote:Seriously, did anyone else knock a single player out?
Genghis had a double knock-out in Hand21.
JC Anejo

Post by JC Anejo »

Knew somebody had knocked out at least one player.

Congrats on a well played game Remus and everyone else.

I certainly did hit the cards when I needed them thought. That last one was just blooded. I went into the hand and the one before with the intention of playing any cards and hoping they were live ones, figured after that if I lost we sould go back to playing Poker.

Thanks to the Meal for runnning the tournament I will PM you my address.
The Meal

Some Analysis

Post by The Meal »

The goal for the tournament was to run from 35 - 55 hands total (with a strong focus on the 40-50 hand range). I thought I had set things up appropriately to have it work out that way, but we ended up finishing at Hand34. Close, but not in the target range.

It was a *strange* tournament in many regards. We had a bust out after four hands (all at the first blind level). The next bust -out happened eighteen hands later (and was a double-KO), after the fourth hand at the sixth blind level. Those eighteen hands without a KO meant that our clicks counter grew relatively quickly in the interim, and that there wasn't a lot of play between the deep-stack and the short-stack portion of the tournament. This strangeness was compounded by the fact that one player did the majority of knock outs (JC Anejo KO'ed 7 of the entrants), which put many chips in one person's stack, which lead to many shorter stacks in the mid-game, which made the blinds feel even more ominous than they would were the chips more evenly distributed. Once folks started to topple, things went down pretty quickly.

It may not have been a perfect storm for having the tournament end quickly, but it was close. I think the blinds-go-up-every-31-clicks set-up would mostly result in tournaments finishing in the desired 35-55 hand range. But I thought I'd run some numbers to determine how *this* tournament could have ended around Hand40. I made one assumption: that folks would bust out at the same hand within a structure level each time (i.e., we'd lose our first player after four hands at Level 1, our second and third players after four hands at Level 6, the fifth player after two hands at Level 7, etc.).

With that assumption in place, a "34-click/level" tournament would have run 36 hands, a "35 click" at 39 hands, and a "40 click" at 42 hands.

Based on that analysis and the goal hand ranges, along with how much of an oddity that I think this tournament was, coupled with my not wanting to tweak things too much between tournaments, I'm going to run Tournament 2 with the structure going on after 35 clicks.
Remus West

Re: The Meal's 2009+ Hold'Em Sit-and-Go - Finished!

Post by Remus West »

Well done in the domination JC. Good cards and good play with those crush everyone that got in your way. We'll get you next time though. Now you have a big target on your avatar (or should change it to be that way :wink: ).