Stalin's Men (WW-Lite] Russia enters a new Golden Age!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Lagom Lite

Stalin's Men (WW-Lite] Russia enters a new Golden Age!

Post by Lagom Lite »

Right, since there seems to be fewer players than normal who indicates interest in WW, I’m going to try to start up a smallish gung-ho Werewolf game variant of my own. I expect this to be a very quick game… and very bloody! You are of course welcome to point out imbalances or loopholes, but really, I just want this to be a quicky and not worry about it until we can play tru1cy's game.

It’s called Stalin’s Men, and it’s about trying to rise to the top of the pecking order to become the unquestioned ruler of the USSR.

RULES

Six players (in pecking order):

1. Stalin
2. Nikita
3. Molotov
4. Beria
5. Trotsky
6. The American Spy

This game is played somewhat differently from regular Werewolf games in that there are no factions. Whomever is alive and at the top of the pecking order when the game ends wins control of the USSR. This is worth 1 point. Furthermore, each player has a Prestige Victory that is personal to him alone. Achieving this is worth 1 point. Note that it’s possible for several players to win minor victories this way.

The game begins with Day 1. Each day, all active players may vote to execute a player, or pass. Absolute majority is required. A majority Pass vote will end the game if no player uses a special ability on the following night. If no absolute majority can be reached or there is a stalemate the Moderator may end the game at his discretion (for example, if only two players remain).

Each night, some players may take special actions:
Molotov may scan a player.
Beria may kill a player.
Trotsky may swap roles with a player.
The American Spy may escape.

All actions take place in pecking order.

ROLES

1. Stalin
The Man of Steel. The Big Cheese. Macho Moustache Monster. The current ruler of the Soviet Union is a hard man to please, and even harder to convince you’re really on his side. Stalin has no special ability other than being at the top of the pecking order.
Stalin Prestige Victory: None, other than staying alive and staying at the top. He will earn 1 extra point for the feat of continuing as ruler.

2. Nikita
Nikita Khrushchev was a simple farmer's boy and has become Stalin’s lapdog. Nikita is a disgusting sycophant who will do anything to please his psychotic master. As long as Stalin is alive, Nikita cannot be voted out. A majority vote for the Nikita player will result in a pass for that day and exposing the identity of the Nikita player. If Stalin is killed, Nikita may be voted out as normal. Nikita may be killed by Beria during the night even if Stalin is still alive.

Nikita Prestige Victory: Nikita has always has an intense rivalry with Trotsky, seeing him as the only real contender to the throne. If Trotsky is eliminated, Nikita earns 1 point.

3. Molotov
Vyacheslav Molotov is a master diplomat and intelligence expert. Each night, he may ask the role of one player. Additionally, he starts the game knowing the identity of The American Spy.

Molotov Prestige Victory: By felling the deciding vote against The American Spy, Molotov earns 1 point.

4. Beria
Lavrentiy Beria is the Head of Security and a really ugly monster. Each night, Beria may kill a player by poisoning him.

Beria Prestige Victory: If Beria manages the feat of being the only player left alive, he earns 1 point. Escaped spies are considered “dead” for this purpose.

5. Trotsky
Believed to have been killed while exiled in Mexico, Leon Trotsky has in fact infiltrated the inner circle wearing a clever disguise! Trotsky is a master of disguises and may during the night swap his pecking order for the target living player's pecking order. Trotsky will inherit the pecking order of his target and his target will receive Trotsky’s pecking order (5). The target player will keep any special ability he may have, only pecking order changes. Trotsky may only perform this action once.

Trotsky Prestige Victory: Disguising as Stalin himself will earn Trotsky 1 point.

6. The American Spy
Noblest of the noble, this unnamed hero has infiltrated Stalin’s inner circle to gather as much information as possible before escaping. Any night, he may Escape. He may only do this once and is removed from play as a consequence. While escaping, he may PM the moderator his guess for who the next leader of the USSR will be (see Spy Prestige Victory 2, below). The Spy cannot win points for being at the top of the pecking order at the end of the game, instead, he has two Prestige Victories:

Spy Prestige Victory 1: As an intelligence expert, Molotov has been deemed highly dangerous to American interests. If Molotov is eliminated, the Spy earns 1 point.

Spy Prestige Victory 2: Escaping unharmed and with correct information about who the next leader of the Soviet Union will be will earn the Spy 1 point.

So, uh, yeah. Nevermind my Red fetish, don't bother writing papers on the rules, just sign up now!!! Let’s make it snappy people! My Werewolf Bones are aching!
Last edited by Lagom Lite on Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:53 am, edited 10 times in total.
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Lagom Lite

Re: Stalin's Men (WW-Lite] 6 players needed

Post by Lagom Lite »

Players:
1. Scoop20906
2. theohall
3. Newcastle
4. Mr Bubbles
5. Chaosraven
6. Remus West

Rules addendum:
A killed, executed or escaped player will have his true role exposed.
Questions to the moderator may be asked through PM:s or in public by coloring the question red.
Use   tags for voting.
Trying to vote out Nikita and failing will not end the game.
If a players pecking order is changed by Trotsky, that player remains unaware of this fact until the end of the game.
The American Spy may not escape before Molotov is slain.
Nikitas prestige victory is only triggered if Nikita is himself alive at the time of Trotskys death. 

Last edited by Lagom Lite on Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:20 am, edited 8 times in total.
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
The Preacher
Forum Moderator

Post by The Preacher »

I don't play these games but I love the setting!
You do not take from this universe. It grants you what it will.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

IN, please.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
theohall

Post by theohall »

The Preacher wrote:I don't play these games but I love the setting!
 The Preacher 

He's obviously Trostky IN disguise.
The Preacher
Forum Moderator

Post by The Preacher »

theohall wrote:
 The Preacher 

LOL! No, I'm not playing. I don't have the attention span. :)
You do not take from this universe. It grants you what it will.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

sure why not, i've been in some serious WW withdrawal.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

The Preacher wrote:
theohall wrote:
 The Preacher 

LOL! No, I'm not playing. I don't have the attention span. :)
Aww, come on! :)
Is there anyone in hell?

Mr Bubbles

Re: Stalin's Men (WW-Lite] filling 3/6

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Count me in as it looks like the other one has stalled in volunteers.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Chaosraven

Re: Stalin's Men (WW-Lite] filling 4/6

Post by Chaosraven »

I'll play
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Lagom Lite

Re: Stalin's Men (WW-Lite] filling last spot 5/6

Post by Lagom Lite »

One more player and I'll send out the roles.
Is there anyone in hell?

Remus West

Re: Stalin's Men (WW-Lite] filling last spot 5/6

Post by Remus West »

I'll give it a shot.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Lagom Lite

Re: Stalin's Men (WW-Lite] full, sending out roles

Post by Lagom Lite »

Roles are out. Once everyone has recieved them, I will start Day 1.
Is there anyone in hell?

Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Пусть начнется игра
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Mr Bubbles wrote:Пусть начнется игра
Only a spy would force us to use a cipher to discover their message. :x
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Remus West wrote:
Ok first of all... This is Russia. Our language is not a cipher. You must be the American Spy!!!! Oh threat matrix time!
Bertrand Russell
theohall

Post by theohall »

Mr Bubbles wrote:
Remus West wrote:
Ok first of all... This is Russia. Our language is not a cipher. You must be the American Spy!!!! Oh threat matrix time!
Threat Matrix

1. Scoop20906 - ???
2. theohall - ???
3. Newcastle - ???
4. Mr Bubbles - Molotov - speaking in code to make us think he's the American Spy when he's really the Russian spy master.
5. Chaosraven - ???
6. Remus West - American Spy using the accuse the other guy of having my role tactic

;) и, нет, никакое из этого серьезно
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

theohall wrote:
Mr Bubbles wrote:
Remus West wrote:
Threat Matrix

1. Scoop20906 - ???
2. theohall - ???
3. Newcastle - ???
4. Mr Bubbles - Molotov - speaking in code to make us think he's the American Spy when he's really the Russian spy master.
5. Chaosraven - ???
6. Remus West - American Spy using the accuse the other guy of having my role tactic

Having your role? Interesting.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

dis is very desturbing to think that we might have infiltrator in mix. need to write the threat assesment down. Very desturbing. So can ve vote yet?

I choose.....
Bayraktar!!!!

Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

I don't think we've actually started yet, but hey... That hasn't stopped us in the past from drawing premature conclusions.. you know...
Bertrand Russell
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

In Soviet Russia, game starts you!
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lagom Lite

Re: Stalin's Men (WW-Lite] Day 1

Post by Lagom Lite »

The story so far…

”Dance, Nikita, dance!” Stalins laughter boomed across the cigar smoke-covered salon. ”Look at him dance!” Nikita Khrushchev swirled about, shouting and drinking, trying hard not to let the feelings of utter humiliation play across his face. After all, when Comrade Stalin says “dance”, you dance or wind up “missing”.

Lavrentiy Beria, the Head of the Security Police, was watching the tragic spectacle from afar. He smiled dutifully when catching his Commanders eye but kept his distance. He knew Stalin feared him, as he should. Beria had been personally responsible for the torture and persecution of countless enemies of the State, including Stalins own family, upon Stalins orders. No one was more dangerous to the Man of Steel than Beria.

At the table sat Georgy Malenkov, or so everyone thought. In fact, hiding behind the well-kept exterior was a man whose hatred of this regime was matched only by his skill at disguise. The man posing as Malenkov was, in fact, none other than Leon Trotsky – theorist, Commissar and personal friend of Lenin – believed by Stalin to have fled to and died in Mexico years before.

The dancing and drinking was abruptly stopped as the diplomat and master of intelligence, Vyacheslav Molotov, stepped into view.
”Comrade Stalin.”
”Yes, Vyacheslav, what is it?”
“I have grave news.”
The room fell silent. He continued:
“We have been infiltrated.”
“Impossible!” Beria made no effort to hold back his scorn. “My guards would have known.”
“Your guards are dead, Beria. We are the only ones here.”
Molotov showed the party to the main hall. Indeed the guards had been slain, their throats slit from side to side.
”Look!” Nikita exclaimed. A small piece of paper was pinned to one of the Revolutionary Wall Tapestries. ”What is that?”
”Bring it here, little kitten.” Nikita handed over the paper. Stalin’s face went from bored to slightly amused to furious evil as he recognized the symbols:
”It is an American dollar. The enemy is among us.”

Day 1

Members of the Politbureau, how will you proceed?
Legal votes include voting for (Player name) or voting to Pass within   tags.
Majority is 4

Is there anyone in hell?

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Awesome... a game where EVERYONE is the enemy and there's no reason to keep the others alive?

Remus West 

C'mon, you all KNOW you wanna.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
theohall

Post by theohall »

Remus West wrote:
theohall wrote:
Mr Bubbles wrote:
Remus West wrote:
Threat Matrix

1. Scoop20906 - ???
2. theohall - ???
3. Newcastle - ???
5. Chaosraven - ???

Having your role? Interesting.
Remus, you're too easy to bait with "Scoop"-esque "mistakes." :)

Remus West 

And, yes, I wanted to as well.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

theohall wrote:Remus, you're too easy to bait with "Scoop"-esque "mistakes." :)

Remus West 

And, yes, I wanted to as well.
:evil:

theohall 

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Only one player has my interest right now really but that can easily be attributed to many of the others not really having checked in yet.

It is not yet time....... :ninja:
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Remus West wrote:Only one player has my interest right now really but that can easily be attributed to many of the others not really having checked in yet.

Oh he's hinting to his role... Quick where are the torches. I'm holding off on my vote right now to see who I want to vote for, but you know me... I'm just itching to vote Remus.
Bertrand Russell
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

vait am i de last v'one to chek inne for thee day to start? hmm remus almost lynched....vy oh vy mr.

chaosraven 

do you start so strong on mr. reemus?
Bayraktar!!!!

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

In today's issues of:

Living Comrades:
1. Scoop20906
2. theohall
3. Newcastle
4. Mr Bubbles
5. Chaosraven
6. Remus West

Votes:
Comrade Remus West: 2 --- Comrade Chaosraven, Comrade Theohall
Comrade Theohall: 1 --- Comrade Scoop20906
Comrade Chaosraven: 1 --- Comrade Newcastle

Majority is 4 votes.

Comrades who have not yet voted: Mr Bubbles, Remus West
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Mr Bubbles wrote:
Remus West wrote:Only one player has my interest right now really but that can easily be attributed to many of the others not really having checked in yet.

Oh he's hinting to his role... Quick where are the torches. I'm holding off on my vote right now to see who I want to vote for, but you know me... I'm just itching to vote Remus.
I was actually hinting at the line "Comrade it is time....."

Lets talk about Chaosraven's post though. Interesting that he feels there is no reason to keep anyone else alive.
Awesome... a game where EVERYONE is the enemy and there's no reason to keep the others alive?
Only two people can honestly say there is no reason to keep anyone alive. Top and bottom of the food chain. Bottom none of us really care about as he can not take over. Top though, top needs to go. Everyone else has reasons to keep those suspected as being lower on the totem pole than themselves alive. Trick is in figuring out who stands where.

Stalin and Nikita are not all that dangerous but due to their positioning on the list both need to go missing. Nikita's ability is really a double edged sword because he can become a test subject to see if we have killed Stalin.
Molotov is easily the most dangerous as he is the one who will be gaining reliable intel.
Beria is a little like playing hot potato with a grenade - without the pin. I'd put him near the top of the list in regards to danger as he comands his own private "lynch" each night.
Trotsky is a bit of a wild card as he won't be able to be certain he is getting a good pecking order from his switch unless Nikita is outed before hand - on the other hand, unless he targets the spy he improves his standing.
The Spy is least of our worries imo.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Mr Bubbles wrote:

Hey Bubbs, why hold off on your vote?

Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Scoop20906 wrote:
Mr Bubbles wrote:

Hey Bubbs, why hold off on your vote?
Because I want to make at least some semblance of an educated vote with a little bit more information. I also know what it feels like to be steamrolled on the first day :wink: Im out to win just like everyone else, but a stab in the dark is a little less than I am hoping for now.
Bertrand Russell
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Mr Bubbles wrote:but a stab in the dark is a little less than I am hoping for now.

but vait...arent ve all shtabiing in zee dark?
Bayraktar!!!!

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Today's vote is most definitely a stab in the dark.

There has been no night. We started at Day 1.

No one has any special info other than their own role, except for Molotov.

Therefore, you may have another reason to hold off on casting your vote?

Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Scoop20906 wrote: Therefore, you may have another reason to hold off on casting your vote?
No not really.. Just trying to get more information. Would it please the court if I placed my vote for Remus?
Bertrand Russell
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Newcastle wrote:
Mr Bubbles wrote:but a stab in the dark is a little less than I am hoping for now.

I'm beginning to think you are the spy working your overly enunciated Russian English..
 Newcastle 

Bertrand Russell
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Just kidding  Remus 

. How many chances do I have to get to vote for him.
Bertrand Russell
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Mr Bubbles wrote:
Newcastle wrote:

I'm beginning to think you are the spy working your overly enunciated Russian English..
 Newcastle 

yes, but vhat can ve say about your overly proper engleesh?

(/ooc my "russian" accent is meant to give flavor and amuse myself in creating the proper "wording" and sounds to say what i am tryin to say - no offense is meant, except to mr. bubbles :D - kidding, but if it offends, though i doubt it...let me know...and i vill be happy to vvote for you)
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

i forgot to say....it seems comrade remus iss at 3, vone more vote, and he is killed.

I think eet ees proper to say.....queuing comrade scoop in

Bayraktar!!!!

Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Newcastle wrote: (/ooc my "russian" accent is meant to give flavor and amuse myself in creating the proper "wording" and sounds to say what i am tryin to say - no offense is meant, except to mr. bubbles :D - kidding, but if it offends, though i doubt it...let me know...and i vill be happy to vvote for you)
Funny thing is.. everytime I read your words my mind translates it into a Romanian accent.
Bertrand Russell