Stalin's Men (WW-Lite] Russia enters a new Golden Age!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Newcastle

Re: Stalin's Men (WW-Lite] Day 1

Post by Newcastle »

Mr Bubbles wrote:
Newcastle wrote: (/ooc my "russian" accent is meant to give flavor and amuse myself in creating the proper "wording" and sounds to say what i am tryin to say - no offense is meant, except to mr. bubbles :D - kidding, but if it offends, though i doubt it...let me know...and i vill be happy to vvote for you)
Funny thing is.. everytime I read your words my mind translates it into a Romanian accent.
lol that works as well, though i am almost thinking mine is a tight germanic accent, since i really dont have much experience w/ the russian language

and what the heck....i vant to veel like comrade skoop for vonce

vithdraw  comarade chaosraven 

letz see how patriotic our fellow comrade
 remus 

iss
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Voting is closed. Write-up is imminent.

Note on write-ups: They only take into consideration which role is alive and which role is dead, they say nothing about which player has which role, who said what or how the discussion or voting actually went. This is to ensure myself some degree of artistic freedom…
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Hours passed. There was no further trace of the offender. Molotov, having retired to his quarters (actually his small room was more reminiscent of a mobile security headquarters than a bedroom, complete with stacks of files on the latest insurgency suspects) leaned back in his chair. He had found something. A folder with the codename "Remus West" printed across the front. The name smelled of capitalism. It smelled of betrayal. Having weighed the contents of the folder carefully back and forth in his mind he had now become certain that this "Remus West" was none other than the alias of a high Party official.

He hurried to share his findings with Beria and the rest of the group. They gathered in the main hall and Molotov presented his findings to a surprised audience. Only Stalin seemed unmoved. Before the accused could protest, Beria, quick to act, drew his pistol and cocked it, aiming it at the terrified man.
“Give the word, Comrade.”
A beat, then:
“Njet.”
Beria lowered his gun.
“I know the name of ‘Remus West’, and it is none of your concern, Vyacheslav. I have given it to him myself for special purposes, to use when his real name becomes… embarrassing… to use overtly.”
“But…”
“He is on our side, and I will have no further discussion on the matter. Beria, you will guard my room tonight. Do a better job than your guards.”
Stalin rose and left the room. It was late, and they all needed sleep. Hopefully the American had already got what he came for, hopefully things would now go back to normal.

Spoiler:
Remus West is Nikita.

Nikita may not be executed while Stalin lives. Vote fails. No one is executed.
It is night.

Molotov, will you scan someone?
Beria, will you kill someone?
Trotsky, will you swap with someone?
American Spy, will you escape?
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Interesting.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
theohall

Post by theohall »

Mr Bubbles wrote:
Newcastle wrote: (/ooc my "russian" accent is meant to give flavor and amuse myself in creating the proper "wording" and sounds to say what i am tryin to say - no offense is meant, except to mr. bubbles :D - kidding, but if it offends, though i doubt it...let me know...and i vill be happy to vvote for you)
Funny thing is.. everytime I read your words my mind translates it into a Romanian accent.
But vye duz he zound like Mel Brooks talking about ze Schwartz?? :)
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

theohall wrote:
Mr Bubbles wrote:
But vye duz he zound like Mel Brooks talking about ze Schwartz?? :)
What we got here is a failure to communicate.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Mr Bubbles wrote:Interesting.
Tried to tell you guys to take it slow. What do you learn from a quick move? Nothing. What can you learn from a protracted day? Likely nothing but you have a shot at so so much more. I'm feeling pretty cocky about living through the night now. Although less happy about being a test barometer for Stalin's health or lack thereof.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Actually, it was a pretty enlightening day for me. :D
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Newcastle wrote:and what the heck....i vant to veel like comrade skoop for vonce

How did that feel? :twisted:

theohall

Post by theohall »

Remus West wrote:
Tried to tell you guys to take it slow. What do you learn from a quick move? Nothing. What can you learn from a protracted day? Likely nothing but you have a shot at so so much more. I'm feeling pretty cocky about living through the night now. Although less happy about being a test barometer for Stalin's health or lack thereof.
But in this case, almost all of us learned something from the quick move. The only one who didn't learn anything was Stalin's health barometer.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Remus West wrote:
Tried to tell you guys to take it slow. What do you learn from a quick move? Nothing.
Nothing huh... I think we learned your role. Even more interesting that you say we didn't learn anything...
Bertrand Russell
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Remus West wrote:
ve learned a lot, ve now know who iz shtalin's beef eater....and zat iz a lot.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Scoop20906 wrote:
Newcastle wrote:and what the heck....i vant to veel like comrade skoop for vonce

How did that feel? :twisted:
/walks into the room barechested
/lights a cigarette

"it vas utmostly pleasent, but it lacked a certain punch, a zertain...i dont know....but it vas a very intereesting veeling."
Bayraktar!!!!

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

'Do a better job than your guards.' Stalins last command echoed in Berias head as he sat watch outside the great Commanders door. He was tired, and angry. How dared he? Beria recalled years before, when he had helped the young Josef to power. Back then, he thought he had control over an easily manipulated puppet. But it was clear now that Beria had been the puppet, and Stalin was the true master after all.

But… not for long.

Beria rose from his chair.

Morning came and the party assembled for breakfast. One of them was missing.
”Where is our comrade?”, Nikita asked.
They hurried to the grand bedroom and broke down the door. On the floor lay a dead man in his own urine.

Spoiler:
Stalin was killed in the night!

Scoop20906 was Stalin.

Day 2

Remaining Players:

1. Scoop20906 – Stalin – DEAD
2. theohall
3. Newcastle
4. Mr Bubbles
5. Chaosraven
6. Remus West – Nikita

Members of the Politbureau, how will you proceed?
Legal votes include voting for (Player name) or voting to Pass within   tags.
Majority is 3

Is there anyone in hell?

Mr Bubbles

Re: Stalin's Men (WW-Lite] Day 2

Post by Mr Bubbles »

FYI I will have limited access to the internet this weekend. I will try my best to on, but can't make an guarantees.

But wow... So Stalin was killed.. I guess that means Remus is vulnerable now :lol:

edit: Heading to Oregon this weekend. Will be back on Sunday, but might have access periodically.
Bertrand Russell
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

:binky: :cry: :binky:

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Are we always told the identity of the dead? I don't like that aspect. I think it a safe assumption that I'm doomed today then.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

vell it looks like beria has been haard at vork. So shtalin is dead......long live zee king.

zo....

theohall 

vy?...he deecided to make vun of my zpeech.
Bayraktar!!!!

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Remus West wrote:Are we always told the identity of the dead? I don't like that aspect. I think it a safe assumption that I'm doomed today then.
Actually we need to eliminate Beria or we are all doomed at night, no?

Yer doomed as second in command until whatsisname steals your spot.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Well, if you guys are not interested in killing me presently then I'm good with whomever for now.
 Bubbles 

, because it is always nice to kill him before I go. :twisted:
theohall

Post by theohall »

Newcastle wrote:vell it looks like beria has been haard at vork. So shtalin is dead......long live zee king.

zo....

theohall 

vy?...he deecided to make vun of my zpeech.
Well, the Romanian-German-Jewish-Russian speech is funny.

Newcastle 

meta - traveling today, so won't be online until tomorrow sometime Of course, that probably means you all will take the opportunity to kill me like happened the last day I traveled.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Weekend Vote Recap

Against theohall (1) - Newcastle
Against Mr Bubbles (1) - Remus Khrushchev
Against Newcastle (1) - theohall

Players with no vote registered: Chaosraven, Mr Bubbles

3 votes required for some total blam blam:
Spoiler:
Is there anyone in hell?

Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

You're lucky you're not Beria Remus or I'd vote for you now. I agree that Beria has to be our priority.
With that being said.  Chaosraven 

because if he is Beria he's just too dangerous to keep alive.
Bertrand Russell
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Remus West wrote:Well, if you guys are not interested in killing me presently then I'm good with whomever for now.
 Bubbles 

I have a prediction Remus.. You will die and you will lose. Sometimes revolution has collateral damage.
Bertrand Russell
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Mr Bubbles wrote:
Remus West wrote:Well, if you guys are not interested in killing me presently then I'm good with whomever for now.
 Bubbles 

I have a prediction Remus.. You will die and you will lose. Sometimes revolution has collateral damage.
Pfft. Nice prediction. If I don't die everyone else loses and since numbers carry this entire game....I'm certain to die.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Remus West wrote:
Mr Bubbles wrote:
 Bubbles 

Pfft. Nice prediction. If I don't die everyone else loses and since numbers carry this entire game....I'm certain to die.
Indeed Nice prediction. But listen. I own you. Don't be bitter, for bitterness is the dying breath of the desperate. Remus... Be assured.. if I live long enough I will memorialize you. I promise to bury you in the Novodevichy Convent and Cemetery. Beautiful place. You'd be proud, but just as the Bulsheviks revolution swept the country, so will this one sweep and upturn the power structure. What the Soviets failed to complete, we the people shall accomplish. True Communism. Viva la vida Roja.
Bertrand Russell
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Mr Bubbles wrote:
Remus West wrote:
Mr Bubbles wrote:
 Bubbles 

Indeed Nice prediction. But listen. I own you. Don't be bitter, for bitterness is the dying breath of the desperate. Remus... Be assured.. if I live long enough I will memorialize you. I promise to bury you in the Novodevichy Convent and Cemetery. Beautiful place. You'd be proud, but just as the Bulsheviks revolution swept the country, so will this one sweep and upturn the power structure. What the Soviets failed to complete, we the people shall accomplish. True Communism. Viva la vida Roja.
what do you mean by "I OWN YOU"? did you do a switcheroosky with him? like you own his number now? after all trotsky is still around i belive, and cant he switch spots with anyone?

withdraw theohall 

Bayraktar!!!!

Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Newcastle wrote:
Mr Bubbles wrote:
Remus West wrote:
Mr Bubbles wrote:
 Bubbles 

what do you mean by "I OWN YOU"? did you do a switcheroosky with him? like you own his number now? after all trotsky is still around i belive, and cant he switch spots with anyone?

withdraw theohall 

No it means.. I'm reveling in Remus's vulnerable position and nothing more.
p.s. my whole post was a whole lot of bs :wink:
Bertrand Russell
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

It does bring up an interesting piece of information that seemingly only one person fixated on....the fact that I likely am low man on the totem pole right now rather than top. Interesting. Well, low aside from the dirty spy that is.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Mr Bubbles wrote:You're lucky you're not Beria Remus or I'd vote for you now. I agree that Beria has to be our priority.

Can you imagine me being able to resist the ability to Assassinate Remus at Night?
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Chaosraven wrote:
Mr Bubbles wrote:You're lucky you're not Beria Remus or I'd vote for you now. I agree that Beria has to be our priority.

Can you imagine me being able to resist the ability to Assassinate Remus at Night?
Depends on if you wanted to win or not. Remus was the known quantity.
Bertrand Russell
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Oh, I'd love to win. And to that end I'm willing to tell you WHO exactly *I* am.

See, I'm that ever elusive sneaky bastard at the bottom of the totem pole.

Let's see... Stalin is dead.

Remus is Nikita. As I am not Trotsky, my life is of no importance to Nikita. I'm no threat to the top of the line.

2. Nikita
Nikita Prestige Victory: Nikita has always has an intense rivalry with Trotsky, seeing him as the only real contender to the throne. If Trotsky is eliminated, Nikita earns 1 point.

Beria has no NEED to kill me, as my disappearance at night will fit his plans the same way.
Better, even, as he doesn't need to waste the night killing ME

4. Beria
Lavrentiy Beria is the Head of Security and a really ugly monster. Each night, Beria may kill a player by poisoning him.

Beria Prestige Victory: If Beria manages the feat of being the only player left alive, he earns 1 point. Escaped spies are considered “dead” for this purpose.

I am useless to Trotsky, who should have already nabbed Remus' position after the exposure and with the revelation of the Dead.
Which means Trotsky is Berias current Most Wanted.

5. Trotsky
Believed to have been killed while exiled in Mexico, Leon Trotsky has in fact infiltrated the inner circle wearing a clever disguise! Trotsky is a master of disguises and may during the night swap his pecking order for the target living player's pecking order. Trotsky will inherit the pecking order of his target and his target will receive Trotsky’s pecking order (5). The target player will keep any special ability he may have, only pecking order changes. Trotsky may only perform this action once.

Trotsky Prestige Victory: Disguising as Stalin himself will earn Trotsky 1 point.

Now as to my OWN enemy:

3. Molotov
Vyacheslav Molotov is a master diplomat and intelligence expert. Each night, he may ask the role of one player. Additionally, he starts the game knowing the identity of The American Spy.

Molotov Prestige Victory: By felling the deciding vote against The American Spy, Molotov earns 1 point.

As he BEGINS with the knowledge of who *I* am, I shall nullify his advantage by telling the REST of you.
You can offer him a free point by lynching ME if you let him be the deciding vote.
Or you can deny him that point by NOT lynching me.
"Where are you off to?"

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

but here's the rub though CR...the spy as you surmissed is indeed relatively low on the totem pole for everyone's victory condition save one. Since that's the case...i think a good double blind would be to claim that you are indeed the "spy", when in fact you arent. What's to prevent beria, trostky, or even the intelligence dude from making the claim you are saying? But say that is the case...why would the spy be quiet if you are faking it? Something to ponder.
Bayraktar!!!!

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

What purpose does it serve a "Real Spy" to not call out a "Fake Spy"?

Why wouldn't he? I mean, his Nemesis *ALREADY* knows who the hell he is, right?

Still waiting for any "real" Spy to call me on this...

((checks watch))
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Against theohall (1) - Newcastle
Against Mr Bubbles (1) - Remus Khrushchev
Against Newcastle (1) - theohall

Players with no vote registered: Chaosraven, Mr Bubbles

Scoop - Dead - Stalin

------

Logically, Mr Bubbles voting for me should mean he is NOT Molotov, otherwise that was a helluva risk to lose his Prestige point.

Scoop - Dead Stalin
Remus - Nikita
Chaos - G'dam Murrican
Mr B - Beria or Trotsky

So Molotov is either theohall or Newcastle

I'm willin' ta lynch either of those buggers today.
Note: if yer Top of the Food Chain, I'm yer best pal, since I have no need ta bump ya off of it.
"Where are you off to?"

theohall

Post by theohall »

Given everything stated....

Either myself, Newcastle, Mr Bubbles, or CR is the spy.

No one wants to budge because it would tend to give up one of us as the American Spy or Beria. So this next vote is likely going to come down to who blinks first.

I'm kinda thinking CR is trying to bamboozle everyone when he's actually Beria, but Newcastle's German-Jewish-Romanian-Space Ballsian-Russian accent has me confused.
theohall

Post by theohall »

withdraw Newcastle 

Chaosraven 

Can't let the American Spy escape and earn his prestige point - especially with Stalin dead.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

chaosraven 

i seriously doubt yoru the spy. NO real reason for them to come out.

Bet your beria or something.
Bayraktar!!!!

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Voting is closed. Stand by for write-up.
Is there anyone in hell?

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

They were standing outside the gates, smoking. Wearing their silly hats.

Codename: Chaosraven watched them from afar, hidden in the foliage. Sent out by a joint CIA-MI5-SDECE venture, he was the bravest of the brave, the most elite operative ever to have stepped out of the MKULTRA cloning vats. It was he who killed Hitler (that suicide-in-a-bunker-story was his idea, too) and now he would cripple the most dangerous totalitarian regime that ever existed by assassinating their intelligence expert; Vyacheslav Molotov - identified by M as the true threat to Freedom and Democracy in the world.

He couldn’t quite make out what they were saying. He ventured closer… Wait. Did they spot him? They suddenly stopped talking and turned his way.

Cursing his recklessness, Chaosraven leapt out of the shrubbery and tumbled down the garden. He heard cries of surprise and alarm as he ran towards the fence. He jumped over it in one quick move, kept running, heard a shot from afar…

He halted and sunk to his knees. His body felt cold. He clasped his hands over his stomach, watched with dismay as blood poured down his camouflage jacket onto the white snow.

Time seemed to slow down, the sound of alarm faded. White became grey, grey became black… he had failed.

Spoiler:
The American Spy was shot!

Chaosraven was the American Spy.
It is night.

Molotov, will you scan someone?
Beria, will you kill someone?
Trotsky, will you swap with someone?
Is there anyone in hell?