[WW] The Facts of Life - 9:20 pm

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Remus West

Re: [WW] The Facts of Life - 9:20 pm

Post by Remus West »

theohall wrote:
Newcastle wrote:its the speed of the vote i would think that i think perked the eyes up. I mean the unagi barely said "Game on" and bam you had a vote on grund. Thats not exactly a way to keep a low profile. Yes there is probably a bit to do w/ Grund and who he is. But i really think you brought that on yourself.
In combination with the Remuscide thing, it draws attention to Remus.

Not sure if you agree with that, Remus, but it does.
Do you even know what Remuscide refers to? It comes from a game when I, as a good player, led many many silly vote against people that lead to the doom of the village. So putting "Remuscide" in there implies you think I'm good. Don't misuse the term. :evil: :wink:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Remus West wrote:
Newcastle wrote:its the speed of the vote i would think that i think perked the eyes up. I mean the unagi barely said "Game on" and bam you had a vote on grund. Thats not exactly a way to keep a low profile. Yes there is probably a bit to do w/ Grund and who he is. But i really think you brought that on yourself.
Game started the evening of the day before I vote...in the afternoon. Hardly "bam". Also, how is that more suspicious than Scoop following with the same vote less than a half hour later in the very same post? Take the poster of Grund in a bikini off your wall already.
Yes, please.

I think Scoop looked a lot more suspicious than Remus. I didn't make Remus as a Bad Girl, and even protected him on the first night on the theory that Remus (if good) would be worth keeping around.

I did peg Lagom Lite, though, which pleases me because up to this point (i.e., in prior games) I have been utterly unable to read him.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I honestly think that "Remuscide" is the most unfortunately coined word ever.

It actually doesn't speak to "Remus West" at all - it speaks to all the players in that game that 'stopped playing and just went along with what a trusted player thought'.

The term "Remuscide" should be used to remind players that everyone needs to play - not just someone with a role, or someone that's become "proven".

Everyone seems to think it reflects on Remus's ability to
a) be wrong
b) steer people in the wrong direction (on purpose, or not)
c) concern people and garner thier suspision
d) all manner of other reflections on the player

Remuscide is about everyone else -it's not really about Remus.

There. I just needed to get that off my chest. :D 8-)
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Remus West wrote:Take the poster of Grund in a bikini off your wall already.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Unagi wrote:nonsense
Hush you. If you blow my cover I will kick you in April at the GTG. :P

btw, I think the original intent of the term was to imply suicide by following me - not so much that I killed the village but rather that they used me as the vehicle to kill themselves.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Remus West wrote:
Game started the evening of the day before I vote...in the afternoon. Hardly "bam". Also, how is that more suspicious than Scoop following with the same vote less than a half hour later in the very same post? Take the poster of Grund in a bikini off your wall already.
but but...i like the poster.

I also was highly suspicious of scoop because of that. In the PM"s that i sent Unagi, he was always around the suspect list of people who i was going to scan. I was highly, highly suspicious of him, and it really started from that vote.

I guess my bam comment...is really a matter of perception. It seemed to me that i checked in sunday night, and when i checked back here (mind you am on the West Coast, so it was 930am ) you had voted. It was a 15 hour gap from the start to the vote. But, I was also working with insider knowledge.

Also dont you find it flattering that not only did -
1. I, as seer scanned you.
2. Grund as protector, protected you.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Unagi wrote:
Remus West wrote:Take the poster of Grund in a bikini off your wall already.

/drool
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Newcastle wrote:Also dont you find it flattering that not only did -
1. I, as seer scanned you.
2. Grund as protector, protected you.
Sure, both moves imply things about my use to either side. I'm just trying to explain why I feel the Grund vote was not a solid reason for going after me. Shrug.

Not the best game I've played and obviously I made mistakes but it wasn't the worst I've played either. The game pr0ner and I were the wolves and got nailed 1/2 easily takes the cake on that one since I essentially brought both of us down single handedly. :oops:

At least I'll always have the "poke the innocents" game to ease my pain. :mrgreen:
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Remus West wrote:Not the best game I've played and obviously I made mistakes but it wasn't the worst I've played either. The game pr0ner and I were the wolves and got nailed 1/2 easily takes the cake on that one since I essentially brought both of us down single handedly. :oops:
I seriously think I take the cake on that type of move though.

Back when I was a Cylon#12 - and I knew that Scoop and Triggercut were the other Cylons (they didn't know me).

Chaosraven - the Good Seer claimed he had 1 Cylon.

I countered his Seer claim, saying that I was the Seer, and I had 1 too.

He let me go first 8-) - I chose poorly.... IIRC, I handed everyone "Scoop", and Chaos already had "Triggercut"... - and this, clearly handed them ME too, and Gameover. I felt like a real ass in that game.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Unagi wrote:
Remus West wrote:Not the best game I've played and obviously I made mistakes but it wasn't the worst I've played either. The game pr0ner and I were the wolves and got nailed 1/2 easily takes the cake on that one since I essentially brought both of us down single handedly. :oops:

Back when I was a Cylon#12 - and I knew that Scoop and Triggercut were the other Cylons (they didn't know me).

He let me go first 8-) - I chose poorly.... IIRC, I handed everyone "Scoop", and Chaos already had "Triggercut"... - and this, clearly handed them ME too, and Gameover. I felt like a real ass in that game.
In retrospect, that would've made an excellent episode of BSG.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Unagi wrote:

yeah, that was classic.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
theohall

Post by theohall »

Remus West wrote:
theohall wrote:
In combination with the Remuscide thing, it draws attention to Remus.

Not sure if you agree with that, Remus, but it does.
Do you even know what Remuscide refers to? It comes from a game when I, as a good player, led many many silly vote against people that lead to the doom of the village. So putting "Remuscide" in there implies you think I'm good. Don't misuse the term. :evil: :wink:
Yes, I'm aware of what it means. The fact folks were voting for you is to preclude you from ever having the chance. So what if you turned up evil this time. You actually being evil is just icing on the cake.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Wow, its so nice watching the pros play the game. Nice job to all and thanks to Unagi for letting me get my inner TaylorScoop out. Now, off to the prom!!
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906