[WW] The Facts of Life - 9:20 pm

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Unagi

[WW] The Facts of Life - 9:20 pm

Post by Unagi »

The Facts of Life

The setting:
Our episode begins with the girls of Mrs. Garrett's house at Eastland holding a rather sneaky costume party to celebrate the end of the school year. This party is going to break all the rules of the schools, specifically - Booze and Boys.
As usual, there is only one thing standing in their way: Housemother, Mrs. Garrett... That is, there was only one thing standing in their way, until Blair found out about the party... and that she wasn't invited.

Now, Blair is determined to ruin it for everyone and work with Mrs.Garrett to expose the party and kick the girls out of school. The girls, on the other hand, need to come up with clever ways to usher Mrs.Garrett and Blair out of the house, before they ruin the party or worse, get them all expelled.

Of course, with everyone in costume, antics ensue.

The Dames:
Mrs. Garrett
(quasi-coroner): Housemother at Eastland School for Young Women.
As long as Mrs Garrett is in the game, The Dames learn the role of their 'expulsions'

Blair (quasi-seer): Snob and Party Pooper.
Blair can search for Jo and Natalie (Tootie is too sneaky).
Is "Player X", Jo or Natalie? --> Answer: "Yes/No" (does not learn which)

The Girls:
Tootie (seer): "We are in trou-ble!" The youngest of the girls, Tootie is a gossip and a sneak. During the "Mrs. Garrett's Room" phase of the game, Tootie is on the lookout and is doing her best to figure out under which costume Mrs Garrett and Blair are hiding, so that the girls' efforts can be focused on getting them out of the house.

Natalie (protector): Natalie was always Tootie's partner in crime and she is very excited to party it up at the end of the year. Natalie is a big girl and she is not ashamed nor afraid to use her size to her advantage. Natalie can put herself in a position to thwart the expulsion of any one player during the "Mrs. Garrett's Room" phase of the game. She may not protect the same player twice, in a row. She may not protect herself.

Jo (shooter): Jo is the Bad Girl of the group and the master-mind behind this great party. She has her mind set on having fun and showing these girls a good time. She'll be damned if she's going to let that tired old Mrs. Garrett stop her - and Blair, hell- she's almost looking forward to Blair crashing the party... In fact, Jo brought a gun for just that occasion.
Once in the game, and during the "Party Room" phase, Jo may shoot any one player. That player is removed from play and Jo is exposed. Of course, her chances for expulsion are pretty big - but if it means the party can go on, she's fine with that. "Hey Jo, where you going with that gun in your hand?"

+ (6 to 8) Students

** All alter egos are over 18 **

The mechanics of the game:
The Party starts at 7:00pm.
The game is broken up into turns called, "Hours".
Each Hour of the party will have two phases: "Mrs. Garrett's Room" & the "Party Room"

The game will begin in Mrs. Garrett's room (approx 6:45pm) when Blair brings Mrs. Garrett a costume so that she can join them all in the Party Room.
All the normal events in the "Mrs. Garrett's Room" phase (see below) will transpire on this first turn.

"Mrs. Garrett's Room" phase:
This phase resembles the Night Phase in a standard Werewolf game.
Natalie will select a player to protect from expulsion.
Tootie will select a player to inspect.
Blair will select a player to inspect.
The Dames will chose a player to have expelled from school.
- - -
Blair will be told if the player she inspected is {Natalie / Jo} (but not specifically which one).
Tootie will be told the exact role of the player she inspected.
Any expelled player will be told of their expulsion.
The Dames, if Mrs. Garrett is still in the house, will be told the role of the student that was expelled.

"Party Room" phase:
This phase resembles the Day Phase in a standard Werewolf game.
The Girls (and Dames in hiding) will vote to have a player removed from the house.
Jo may, at any time before a voting Majority has been reached, PM the moderator with orders to Shoot any player.
Jo's shot will not take the place of the Party Room vote.

Rules:
No Edits (at your own risk), vote-tally clean-ups are a specific exception.
The Dames may PM eachother at any time.
No other players can PM eachother, regarding the game, at any time.
The Dames win if they equal or outnumber The Girls.
The Girls win if they remove all The Dames from the house.
Majority votes required to remove a player, and shift to next Phase.
Votes will be done via  Accuse Player X 

Votes may be withdrawn explicitly via  Withdraw Player X 

Previous votes are inherently withdrawn if superseded by a new vote.

Players will be told if a removed player was "Invited" or "Not invited" to the party.

1. Newcastle
2. Chaosraven
3. Mr Bubbles
4. Lagom Lite
5. Remus West
6. Theohall
7. Lassr
8. tru1cy
9. Scoop20906
10. stessier
11. Grundbegriff
Last edited by Unagi on Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:38 pm, edited 18 times in total.
Mr Bubbles

Re: [WW] The Facts of Life

Post by Mr Bubbles »

:shock:
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

I met mrs. garret once (forgot her real name). I was working at a movie theater and she came in with several..learning disabled (retarded- gah not sure the proper sayin here) kids. It was pretty cool of her actually. She bought em popcorn and ushered em to the bathrooms and got em situated to watch whatever movie they were watching. I asked if she was who she was, and she said yes...I think i said something like..."are you...." and before i could finish, she said "yes". I didn't say anythign else, just marveled at how kind she was in terms of caring for those kids. It wasn't a lot, maybe 2-4. The other thing I noticed was that this was not a prime time showing, it was like a sunday-tuesday night....it was during one of our more slower periods. And I mean we were dead at the time. This was also a small theater also. Anywho....thought i'd relate that story.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

IN, if'n I can wear one of them there school girl outfits
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

If a spot is still open next week I'll join.
I'll be leaving for the next few days with my son on his field trip to Dauphin Island Sea Lab. Be back Tuesday (16th).
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Ok I'll be in with the hope I can be tootie.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

This is American esoteria on a level beyond even me. I completely worship American culture (as I must, on pain of torture) but this little gem has passed me by.

In, for my education!
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Chaosraven wrote:IN, if'n I can wear one of them there school girl outfits
In, in the hope that I can be Joe so that I can shoot Chaosraven for wearing one of those outfits.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Newcastle wrote:I met mrs. garret once (forgot her real name).
Ya got me there, I totally missed that. :D

Chaosraven wrote:IN, if'n I can wear one of them there school girl outfits
Why would I suddenly insist that you stop wearing the school girl outfits !? Absurd.
Lassr wrote:If a spot is still open next week I'll join.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that it looks like there will be room (saving you a spot, none-the-less). Not sure if some people just don't like this 'coat of paint' or just aren't in the mood or what.
Mr Bubbles wrote:Ok I'll be in with the hope I can be tootie.
Excellent!

Lagom Lite wrote:This is American esoteria on a level beyond even me. I completely worship American culture (as I must, on pain of torture) but this little gem has passed me by.
In, for my education!
It's really a great little piece of American TV culture. 1979-1988... It was a spin-off of the "Different Stroke" series (Gary Coleman == "Whatchoo talkin 'bout, Willis?")... And even is given some credit for being basically the start of George Clooney's career (He was brought in as a handy-man toward the end of the series run). I just tried to think of the most unlikely Warewolf wrapper I could. :D
Remus West wrote:In, in the hope that I can be Joe so that I can shoot Chaosraven for wearing one of those outfits.
You always preferred the little sailor outfits, IIRC. :wink: :D
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

:lol:

I haven't looked at a WW game in about two years, but the title of this one caught my attention. The actual post more than lived up to my hopes. Well done.
Black Lives Matter
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Unagi wrote:
Lagom Lite wrote:This is American esoteria on a level beyond even me. I completely worship American culture (as I must, on pain of torture) but this little gem has passed me by.
In, for my education!
It's really a great little piece of American TV culture. 1979-1988... It was a spin-off of the "Different Stroke" series (Gary Coleman == "Whatchoo talkin 'bout, Willis?")... And even is given some credit for being basically the start of George Clooney's career (He was brought in as a handy-man toward the end of the series run). I just tried to think of the most unlikely Warewolf wrapper I could. :D
it was a fun little show when growing up. Kind of a cozy feel to it, very family centric type of comedy show from the 80's. Though i actualy enjoyed the joy, and always had a crush on jo....

The other little fun fact is that Leonardo Dicaprio was also on the show a couple of times. Dont ask me how i know, somehow that fact glommed on to my brain.
Bayraktar!!!!

theohall

Post by theohall »

George Clooney was also IN the show for one season.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I'll be leaving for the next few days with my son on his field trip to Dauphin Island Sea Lab. Be back Tuesday (16th).
School Trip has been canceled until next weekend due to potential snow in South Alabama. It's rare they see snow down that far south.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

Lassr wrote:
School Trip has been canceled until next weekend due to potential snow in South Alabama. It's rare they see snow down that far south.
Someone's going through a lot to get you in the game. :P
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

The Facts of Life Theme. This one is for you Lagom. Wow listening to that brings back a lot of memories.
Bertrand Russell
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

stessier wrote:Someone's going through a lot to get you in the game. :P
FTFY? :D :?:
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

In
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Mr Bubbles wrote:The Facts of Life Theme. This one is for you Lagom. Wow listening to that brings back a lot of memories.
Is that a young Fred Thompson?

:|
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
theohall

Post by theohall »

Lagom Lite wrote:
Mr Bubbles wrote:The Facts of Life Theme. This one is for you Lagom. Wow listening to that brings back a lot of memories.
Is that a young Fred Thompson?

:|
Don't think so.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I remember this show from my childhood. Couldn't stand Blair so nice to see you made her the baddie. I'm In, please.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
stessier

Post by stessier »

IN!
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

I'll probably regret joINing this.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

OK, sign-up is complete. I'll be sending out Roles soon(ish) and we'll get the game started.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

an ezmate before we start:
Gone Friday through Monday to Dauphin Island Sea Lab with no internet access (except at the computer lab). Not sure if I will have much access to it.

Black Lives Matter
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

lol

Unagi wanted to know why I found this particular werewolf demasculating :)
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Semaj wrote:lol

Me too.. why?
Bertrand Russell
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

can't a guy look pretty and dress in women's clothing occasionally! Geez.

Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

Lassr wrote:

can't a guy look pretty and dress in women's clothing occasionally! Geez.
It's all about the shoes for me - they do great things for my calves.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I just like having an excuse to shave my legs.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

at any point should I rest my case or should I let you lads continue?
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Roles have all been sent. Please let me know if you didn't get it.

Our show begins:
Blair heard through the grapevine about Jo's big costume party, and she has set her mind to getting Jo and all of her friends expelled.
Mrs.Garrett wasn't hard to convince... Jo's been pushing her buttons all year, and this party is one button too many !

Mrs. Garret answers her door and Blair rushes in.
"I've got costumes for both of us! We can sneak into the party and find out who else was invited and get them all expelled!", Blair unloads.

"Excellent idea, Blair. Now I only hope I fit into this thing", replies Mrs.Garrett as she holds a slanky cat costume that looks painfully small.

- - audience laughs

It's 6:45 pm. The party starts soon...

"Mrs. Garrett's Room" Boilerplate
Natalie, who will you protect from expulsion?
Tootie, who will you spy on.
Blair, who will you investigate.
The Dames, who will you have expelled from school.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Semaj wrote:Unagi wanted to know why I found this particular werewolf demasculating :)
There is no question that it's demasculating. The only question is how much masculation one has in reserve.

If you are driving on fumes, I'm sure we can all understand your reluctance to be tapped by such an experience. :wink: :P
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

ya know, i've been thinking this over...and i am not sure how to role play this or not...wether i should just fabuloso with it...or kind of demure and coy...decissions decissions, decissions...if i go for it...would you respect me in the morning? could i look myself in the mirror and not have thoughts i might need a touch more eyeliner or a hint more of rouge?
Bayraktar!!!!

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

You're all assuming masculinity is a valuable commodity to begin with. As if, as a man, having "more" masculinity makes you a "better" man.

:P
Is there anyone in hell?

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I'm looking forward to my first shower as a girl! :twisted:

Black Lives Matter
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Lassr wrote:I'm looking forward to my first shower as a girl! :twisted:
you provide us with a slow mo scene with you in the shower and I'm officially walking out.
Bertrand Russell
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Newcastle wrote:ya know, i've been thinking this over...and i am not sure how to role play this or not...wether i should just fabuloso with it...or kind of demure and coy...decissions decissions, decissions...if i go for it...would you respect me in the morning? could i look myself in the mirror and not have thoughts i might need a touch more eyeliner or a hint more of rouge?
I'm sooo going Taylor "not so" Swift.

Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Mr Bubbles wrote:
Lassr wrote:I'm looking forward to my first shower as a girl! :twisted:
you provide us with a slow mo scene with you in the shower and I'm officially walking out.

/watches lassr head into the shower
/aims camera, looks away, and starts taping
/after a few minutes heads out and puts the tape into Bubbles DVD player

/moments later Mrs. Garret comes out of the shower
Bayraktar!!!!

Unagi

Re: [WW] The Facts of Life - 7:00pm

Post by Unagi »

It's 7:00 and the party has started !!

Only... there is one costume left out in the hallway, a sad empty little 'stessier' uniform with no girl left to wear it.

The girl's all privately wonder who was wearing that costume...
Sirens outside compel the girls to rush to the window where they see their headmaster, Mr. Bradley, standing with one of The Girls, clearly drugged out of her mind, as a police cruiser pulls up. Not only was this girl being expelled - it would appear that she's being arrested, what for - is anyone's guess.

"OK, Listen up!!" says one of the costumed girls. "Mrs.Garrett and Blair are trying to get us all busted just like that poor girl out there."
Another girl yells "We need to stop them!"
Another girl says, a bit more soberly "You guys, I just came from Mrs.Garrett's room and it's empty - there were two hangers labeled 'Eastland Party Costume Depot' on the bed.... I think Mrs.Garrett and Blair are here, right now, with us.
The room went silent as each of them looked around, trying to see if they could tell who was who.

They couldn't... 'Eastland Party Costume Depot' was that good. :ninja:

Let the accusations begin!
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

The Players
1. Newcastle
2. Chaosraven
3. Mr Bubbles
4. Lagom Lite
5. Remus West
6. Theohall