[WW] Prom Night Massacre - 1:30 AM - Game Over!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

theohall

Re: [WW] Prom Night Massacre - 1:05 AM - No Kill tonight

Post by theohall »

Grundbegriff wrote:I find it difficult to believe that Remus West would be randomly tapped to be Evildoer yet again. And I don't think an Evil Remus would've said and done some of what Remus has said and done in this game.

I don't think tru1cy is evil in this game.

I'm going to go out on a limb and venture that theohall is not evil in this game.

From what I remember of his playing style, I think Kelric is probably good.

I'm deeply worried about Chaosraven and Isgrimnur. Especially Chaosraven.

I think it would be a good move to kill  Chaosraven 

If that doesn't work, it's likely Isgrimnur.
This was your thinking awhile ago following the analysis:

Suspects: Chaosraven, Isgrimnur
Probably Good: tru1cy, Kelric, theohall, Remus West
Off the list: Semaj (which is why he hates you)

After the votes, withdrawals, and stuff - it should look like this:

Suspects: Kelric (who moved)
Probably Good: Chaosraven, Isgrimnur, tru1cy, theohall, Remus West\
And still off the list: Semaj

Why not tru1cy, other than a feeling? His style of play rarely varies from game to game, which makes him a tough candidate to identify when he is a bad guy, due to his reticence.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Getting caught up-Terrible weather in the mid-atlantic region knocked out my DSL til Wednesday and I had a inch of water in my basement..

Anywho...  Chaosraven 

xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
theohall

Post by theohall »

tru1cy wrote:Getting caught up-Terrible weather in the mid-atlantic region knocked out my DSL til Wednesday and I had a inch of water in my basement..

Anywho...  Chaosraven 

You do realize Chaosraven was attacked, but survived, the last time the lights went out. So he's either the Female Heroine, the other target was the Female Heroine, or he was the secondary target and still in a couple. He is the only one I'm certain can't be the Killer.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

nope, didn't realize, so  withdraw chaosraven 

xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

theohall wrote:Off the list: Semaj (which is why he hates you)
Is that what he's going on about?
theohall wrote:After the votes, withdrawals, and stuff - it should look like this:

Suspects: Kelric (who moved)
Probably Good: Chaosraven, Isgrimnur, tru1cy, theohall, Remus West
And still off the list: Semaj
That's about the size of it.
Why not tru1cy, other than a feeling? His style of play rarely varies from game to game, which makes him a tough candidate to identify when he is a bad guy, due to his reticence.
I've been playing this game with tru1cy for a couple of years. His play does vary from game to game, but only in subtle ways. Intuition tells me he's not Slashy.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Votes:

tru1cy (3) - Theohall, Chaosraven, Kelric
Grundbegriff (2) - Isgrimnur, Remus West
Theohall (1) - Semaj
Kelric (1) - Grundbegriff

Majority is 5 votes.

Student(s) with no votes: tru1cy
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

theohall wrote:
tru1cy wrote:Getting caught up-Terrible weather in the mid-atlantic region knocked out my DSL til Wednesday and I had a inch of water in my basement..

Anywho...  Chaosraven 

You do realize Chaosraven was attacked, but survived, the last time the lights went out. So he's either the Female Heroine, the other target was the Female Heroine, or he was the secondary target and still in a couple. He is the only one I'm certain can't be the Killer.
First off Semaj is hating Grundbegriff because he (Semaj) spent how long trying to get a Kelric vote going then Grundbegriff shifts over to voting Kelric with no nod towards Semaj's efforts.

Secondly, how can you be certain he is not lying about it? He could be the killer, have attacked two people, and thus knows the "second" target won't come forward.
although I admit I have no intention of voting for him due to that bit either
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
theohall

Post by theohall »

Remus West wrote:
theohall wrote:

Anywho...  Chaosraven 

First off Semaj is hating Grundbegriff because he (Semaj) spent how long trying to get a Kelric vote going then Grundbegriff shifts over to voting Kelric with no nod towards Semaj's efforts.

Secondly, how can you be certain he is not lying about it? He could be the killer, have attacked two people, and thus knows the "second" target won't come forward.
although I admit I have no intention of voting for him due to that bit either
It's not like Semaj tried to promote the Kelric vote again when the lights came back on. Had Semaj continued to promote shooting Kelric, it would make sense to be upset. Being upset over that now??? Silly.
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

I spent 2 days commenting on Kelrics anyone but me attitude. Not one comment from anyone.

So today I start out the day poking theohall and suddenly Grund is all: Kelrics evil. I could so see a train going and grund being able to take credit for finding the killer with no recognition of my comments.

Remus is pretty spot on. :)
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Semaj wrote:I spent 2 days commenting on Kelrics anyone but me attitude. Not one comment from anyone.

So today I start out the day poking theohall and suddenly Grund is all: Kelrics evil. I could so see a train going and grund being able to take credit for finding the killer with no recognition of my comments.

Knight's Koan
theohall

Post by theohall »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Semaj wrote:I spent 2 days commenting on Kelrics anyone but me attitude. Not one comment from anyone.

Knight's Koan
:lol:
theohall

Post by theohall »

Hey! I poked you first and you poked back. As long as you're going to be in a tizzy about who did what, get it right. :)
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

theohall wrote:

Hey! I poked you first and you poked back. As long as you're going to be in a tizzy about who did what, get it right. :)
Fine... I triggercutted you.
Grundbegriff wrote:

Knight's Koan
I dont get it... :)
theohall

Post by theohall »

FYI - there was a minor discussion about your Kelric vote. It started right here with some give and take about changing votes, Kelric's posting style in your view, and our opinions.

And my opinion from then still hasn't changed. I have no idea whether Kelric is Slashy or just a Prom-goer. He's as unreadable to me as tru1cy. With nothing better to go on, either is a good candidate - regardless of who started the vote cycle and when.

Question: If you still felt Kelric was the Killer, why not immediately go back to accusing him when the lights came back on? Instead, you waste time poking me back, just like I wasted time poking you. Heck, I would probably have voted Kelric immediately then, as it would show you didn't care about being poked, and were confident in your thoughts about Kelric being the Killer. Now - I have no idea about anyone except two people.

On to general discussion:

Innocents: Isgrimnur, Chaosraven
Suspects: Everyone else.

Isgrimnur's self-vote clears him unless he is an exceptionally devious Killer. Why? If the Killer had placed his secret vote on Isgrimnur, assuming it hadn't been used, Isgrimnur would've been shot by casting the final vote on himself. If you were the Killer, would you vote yourself to within N-1 of being shot with no way to stop it?

Chaosraven was attacked.

Everyone else - who knows?
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

The prom king has info about three players be they alive or dead. Presumably so would their partner if alive.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
theohall

Post by theohall »

Chaosraven wrote:The prom king has info about three players be they alive or dead. Presumably so would their partner if alive.
The fact we are not hearing anything from the Prom King or the Prom King's partner makes me think he's dead - unless his scans were completely useless.

But let's consider possibilities if the King is alive. He's had 3 scans. If the scans are Mr Bubbles, Unagi, Lassr, Newcastle, Chaosraven, or Isgrimnur in any combination of two or more, there is no real point to stepping forward as it only eliminates one potential shootee. Narrowing the field from 6 to 5 isn't much of a help.

If more than one of the scans are none of the above, stepping forward could be helpful. But then we go back to risk/reward. Narrowing the field from 6 to 4 or less... that would be interesting.

Reward: Step forward, narrow the field, and we catch the Killer.
Risk: If still in a couple, whether it's him or his partner who announces the scans, and we miss, the Killer gets one couple closer to winning by taking out the announcer.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

You're right, theohall. Semaj is too non-volatile. Where's the incoherent logic displayed in a verbose effusion of self-absorbed commentary? Where's the pseudo-analytical nit-pickage? This is no ordinary Semaj.

Whatever else may be said against Kelric, it's not at all unusual for him to cling to life and try to stay in the game when good.

Ergo,  Semaj 

Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Grundbegriff wrote:Whatever else may be said against Kelric, it's not at all unusual for him to cling to life and try to stay in the game
I grovel well, I guess.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Wow is semaj gonna be pissed if that's all it takes for a bandwagon :)
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Goo enough for me. :twisted:
 Semaj 

He was on the short list anyway.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
theohall

Post by theohall »

Grundbegriff wrote:You're right, theohall. Semaj is too non-volatile. Where's the incoherent logic displayed in a verbose effusion of self-absorbed commentary? Where's the pseudo-analytical nit-pickage? This is no ordinary Semaj.

Whatever else may be said against Kelric, it's not at all unusual for him to cling to life and try to stay in the game when good.

Ergo,  Semaj 

There was one pseudo-analytical nit-package when he was trying to convince us to shoot Kelric.

Semaj 

Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Remus West wrote:Goo enough for me. :twisted:
 Semaj 

He was on the short list anyway.
You dropped this: 'd'
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

blah blah blah, worried face....

IN order:
No nitpicking today, yesterday was st patties parade day. I was drinking most of it and have the hangover to end all hangovers. I didnt get home till about 6am so clearly I wasnt going to log on and post drunk ranting about player sutpidity.

As I am just waking up for good (A failed attempt earlier when I posted last) clearly I'm nto going to be verbose on this monday. I'ma go eat some food, get some coffee and wonder if you guys will pause with 1 to go to let me speak or like everyone else, railroad me right off.

As such, I post this now in wonderment at how vote happy you people have been. Almost every kill has come when I have been working or sleeping and not reading. I come back and go: Lassr died? WTF.

I'll go read theos link later and see what I apparently missed.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

Semaj wrote:No nitpicking today, yesterday was st patties parade day. I was drinking most of it and have the hangover to end all hangovers. I didnt get home till about 6am so clearly I wasnt going to log on and post drunk ranting about player sutpidity.
That never stops me!
theohall

Post by theohall »

Kelric wrote:
Semaj wrote:No nitpicking today, yesterday was st patties parade day. I was drinking most of it and have the hangover to end all hangovers. I didnt get home till about 6am so clearly I wasnt going to log on and post drunk ranting about player sutpidity.
That never stops me!
Nor me!
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

It usually doesnt stop me... however since finding the keys with my fingers was shockingly difficult I took a pass.
theohall

Post by theohall »

Semaj wrote: As such, I post this now in wonderment at how vote happy you people have been. Almost every kill has come when I have been working or sleeping and not reading. I come back and go: Lassr died? WTF.
I think the vote thing is due to lack of movement. Basically, the desire to see something happen overcomes the desire to continue talking. And we aren't going to catch a Killer simply by talking about it, although that would be preferable to shooting each other.
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

How much discussion has there been for the 3 lynches? Were on page like 13... or 15 or somethig small. Some games the day 1 lynch would take way longer.
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Yeah theo, amazing how I missed that massive discussion.

Yes it's something a slashy would do... that or fake seer :)
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Time to get nitpicky.

1) Anyone ever gone through and seen how many _relevant_ posts certain players have made? I mean someone posting 3 lines every post for 30 posts is pretty much the end all be all for useless. Look at the posts from today, other than theo, who is really saying much of anything?

2) You mofo's have to remember what discussion is. I know why the votes are going they way they are per say, but it's just silly how quickly the lynches have been done. While we dont want the game to drag we should spend more than 10 minutes actually trying to figure out who is doing what and why.

3) Seriously... Some of you have better lemming status than... than... good lord a good analagy eludes me. Yeah I used eludes in a sentence... properly no less.

4) Grund, ever plan on doing your analysis shit you usually do where you announce what you think everyone is and why? I mean, if you're not doing that you are about as useful as a poopie flavored lollipop.

5) Love everyones threat matrixes this game.

and I still haven't read everything, lol
theohall

Post by theohall »

In those other ones, those with power have more influence. In this one, those with power have very limited influence due to fear of revealing their power if still in a couple. The last thing we want to tell the Killer is which couples are still active. This drags the discussion into two areas of which there were two views. To reveal or not to reveal and it's been determined revealing is bad. Now it's just time to find the Killer. With nothing forthcoming from the King, we have very little to go on other than what's posted.

How are our Prom-goers posting which is all we have to go on? Chaosraven is not as active as he used to be and is safe. Unagi, Lassr, Mr Bubbles and Newcastle - all somewhat active posters are dead. Isgrimnur doesn't care and is safe. Remus West is usual self when good, but he could be faking it. I'm more active than usual and have had the time to pay attention. Grundbegriff is his usual self - seen him be both bad and good with this style. Tru1cy is naturally reticent. Kelric is not really saying anything.Then there is you - posting completely contrary to your usual style. What the heck are we supposed to wait around for?

What the heck are we supposed to wait around for? There isn't going to be any great revelation with the way conversation and votes have flowed. Were there going to be a reveal by the King, it would have happened by now.
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

So your saying:

- no need for threat matrixes.
- why bother figuring out if the dead did anything to deserve to die
- No need to do much of anything but point fingers and hope.

Solid gameplan.

How about we put all our names on a dartboard and let a blind monkey decide who dies. It's probably a lot smarter than what is occurring now.
theohall

Post by theohall »

Semaj wrote:So your saying:

- no need for threat matrixes.
- why bother figuring out if the dead did anything to deserve to die
- No need to do much of anything but point fingers and hope.

Solid gameplan.

How about we put all our names on a dartboard and let a blind monkey decide who dies. It's probably a lot smarter than what is occurring now.
Why did those two (Mr Bubbles and Newcastle) die? Looks to me like the Killer is taking out active partners - and we are helping him by shooting those kinds of partners. Myself, Grundbegriff, or Remus West are the likely next targets for Slashy. Heck, you might be now.

If Slashy's plan is taking out those who actively try to figure things out, his order would be:
Grundbegriff
Remus West
then a toss-up between me or Semaj (whose trying to carry on what Isgrimnur tried to get going).

Although that order could shift to putting me on top since I've been more active.

And it's not my game plan. How do you propose we get others to step forward and try to figure this out? What's your plan? Isgrimnur, myself, Grundbegriff, and Remus West all hashed out the couple reveal/no reveal thing with some disagreement, but no real resolution. Since you seem to have the answer - which no one else does - let's hear it.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Enough jabber. It's time to kill Semaj.
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

go ahead and try, it's a unwise move, but hey, it's not like you are 0-2 on your lynch targets so far.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Semaj wrote:go ahead and try, it's a unwise move, but hey, it's not like you are 0-2 on your lynch targets so far.
"You"? Or "we"?
theohall

Post by theohall »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Semaj wrote:go ahead and try, it's a unwise move, but hey, it's not like you are 0-2 on your lynch targets so far.
"You"? Or "we"?
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

There isn't much to talk about in this game. I don't trust most of you and I don't have much to add to the conversations. I don't play these games with mathematical odds or threat matrixes, I just wing it.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

semaj 

"Where are you off to?"

Kelric

Post by Kelric »

One away? Do I or don't I....