[WW] Prom Night Massacre - 1:30 AM - Game Over!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Remus West

Re: [WW] Prom Night Massacre - 1:05 AM - No Kill tonight

Post by Remus West »

outing Theohall was a good move. If Semaj is claiming Queen for himself it is still a good move. It only backfires if Semaj has a partner that claimed Queen to him and he does not out that player before getting shot.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Well hell, while we're at it, anybody ELSE on a date with the Prom King?

:twisted:
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

This, btw, would be an excellent time for the Prom King to divulge his info, whatever it may be. If nobody does so, we must assume he's dead.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

EEnie MeeniE Chili Beanie... the spirits are about to Speak

Grunds no killer.
Remus is not the maniac slaughtering students.

So I ask again... anyone ELSE here at the Prom with the Prom King?
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

I claim no special role, but I won't confirm or deny if my date is still living.
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Chaosraven wrote:EEnie MeeniE Chili Beanie... the spirits are about to Speak

Grunds no killer.
Remus is not the maniac slaughtering students.
Thanks. I'm glad to have that confirmation out in the open.

BTW, he's just using you.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I'm special.
not in game but my mother assures me I am always special to her.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Remus West wrote:I'm special.
not in game but my mother assures me I am always special to her.
She's just using you.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

VOTING IS CLOSED!!!

Votes:

Semaj (5) - Grundbegriff, Remus West, theohall, Chaosraven, Kelric
Grundbegriff (1) - Isgrimnur
Theohall (1) - Semaj

Majority is 5 votes.

Student(s) with no votes: tru1cy

MOD NOTE: Sorry I was sick yesterday and spent most of it asleep. I'm just getting caught up to it now.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

I'll cast the deciding vote on Semaj unless there is something I should be waiting for?
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

tru1cy wrote:I'll cast the deciding vote on Semaj unless there is something I should be waiting for?
Other than the fact that I cast the deciding vote and voting is closed... go right ahead. ;)
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Mod Note: Voting is closed. I am awaiting orders. That is all.

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Grundbegriff wrote:
not my role but my mother uses that term rather than Tardo. I am so pissed I could shit myself.
You? I'm being misquoted. Grrr
"Where are you off to?"

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Chaosraven wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:
not my role but my mother uses that term rather than Tardo. I am so pissed I could shit myself.
You? I'm being misquoted. Grrr
Hey! You rode the same bus to the same school and took the same classes as I did. Meanie. :(
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Uh oh five minutes to Wapner
"Where are you off to?"

Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Lol

I thought voting was already closed when I made that announcement, rofl.

thats hilarious.
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Semaj wrote:Lol

I thought voting was already closed when I made that announcement, rofl.

thats hilarious.
We usually assume (and sometimes explicitly state) that a majority, once reached, is irreversible. So the vote was sealed as soon as Kelric voted against you, unless Scoop's breaking with convention.

I assume Scoop's announcement that "The Voting is Closed" doesn't mark the moment that voting closes, but simply acknowledges the settled reality in a formal way. (That's what the moderator usually does around here: swoop down and seal the deal with a final vote count posting.)
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Aye...

ok good, I got nervous. I dont think they stand I made has nearly the same strength if I do it before the voting is at 5, no?
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Prom Night Massacre - 1:29 AM

The students voted. They had no choice. Voting with fear the students reached a majority for Semaj. Faced with his impending death Semaj requested that Theohall pull the trigger. With a deep breath, Theohall picked up the gun and fired it at Semaj.

The gun exploded in Theohall's face killing him instantly. Semaj has a smug grin on his face as he dons his Prom Queen crown. "Always knew you were a queen", mutter someone. The clock ticked down until ...

Prom Night Massacre - 1:30 AM

The basement door opens as the principle unlocks it. Theohall was the insane killer and you will all survive for the sequel!

STUDENTS WIN!!

Roles:
theohall - Killer
Kelric - Prom King
Semaj - Prom Queen
Chaosraven - Student
Grundbegriff - Student
Newcastle = Student
Unagi - Student
Lassr - Student
Isgrimnur - Student
Remus West - Student
Mr Bubbles - Student
tru1cy - Student/Female Heroine

Couples:

Lassr - Student - Dead
Semaj - Prom Queen
http://alpacafarm.freeforums.org/" target="_blank

Isgrimnur - Student
Unagi - Student - DEAD
http://eveoverline.freeforums.org/" target="_blank

Remus West - Student
Newcastle - Student - DEAD
http://bigsample.freeforums.org/" target="_blank

tru1cy - Student/Female Heroine
Mr Bubbles - Student - DEAD
http://corppicker.freeforums.org/" target="_blank

theohall - Killer - DEAD
Grundbegriff - Student
http://butterrubber.freeforums.org/" target="_blank

Chaosraven - Student
Kelric - Prom King
http://stumprubber.freeforums.org" target="_blank

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Grundbegriff wrote:Thanks, Scoop!
So Grund, how fooled were you by Theohall's act? I thought he did a pretty good job overall.

Chaosraven

Re: [WW] Prom Night Massacre - 1:30 AM - Game Over!

Post by Chaosraven »

That was quite a bit more fun after I got internet on my phone... I put in 175 hours at work the last two weeks and had about fifteen minutes a day for OO until then. Yeah, I didn't figure theo.
"Where are you off to?"

Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Scoop20906 wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:Thanks, Scoop!
So Grund, how fooled were you by Theohall's act? I thought he did a pretty good job overall.
I was on the fence. On the one hand, I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. On the other, I was pushing hard for him to be lynched on the day where I was most uncomfortable with his PM behavior. So I was undecided on that front. At the moment where it became clear to me that he and Semaj could be forked, I had just claimed (sincerely) that I was proceeding on the assumption that theohall was innocent. My remark was sincere, but it wasn't hard to do a 180 when new data became available.

In his forum, Remus pointed out that theohall behaved differently in this game. For Remus, this was (rightly, it turns out) cause for concern. I noticed it too, but I wrote it off as a side effect of the rule set (which left us little to discuss). So theohall's lack of stridency didn't factor into my analysis.

Good job, theohall!
theohall

Post by theohall »

Grundbegriff wrote:And I actually believe you're the Queen, so kudos if you're deceiving me.
Seeing as Grundbegriff wrote that yesterday in a PM, I think I was doing pretty well.

Time to discuss my actions.

1) Killing Mr Bubbles - no reason other than his "virgin" comment which I took as a throwaway, but why not kill a guy who may be hinting at something, so he can't use it later?

2) Killing Newcastle - to get the Semaj's specific reaction of "why him?" which everyone ignored. I scanned for the number of couples after this kill and the answer was 3. 3-for-3 including the shooting of Unagi. Woohoo!

3) The faking Queen to Grundbegriff thing. When Lassr was voted the victim and gave me the gun, I fully expected the Queen to turn the gun on me. When it didn't happen, I felt the Queen was dead. So, fake the role to Grundbegriff to garner his trust, which worked until today. (This was mistake #1)

4) Mistake #2 - Attempting a double kill on Remus West and Chaosraven. I also scanned again and the result game back 2 couples remaining meaning Lassr's death put couple deaths at 4-for-4. So this couldn't be working out better in terms of deaths, except for me trying a double kill and picking Chaosraven as the secondary when he still had a partner. (Ouch!) My initial thought was to kill just Chaosraven. After making the mistake, I realized double kills were a bad idea for the Killer, which I communicated to Grundbegriff via PMs.

5) Mistake #3 - was today and was more a result of circumstance than anything else. Had a busy morning, logged in when I had time and saw the discussion. Decided to make a quick post figuring some comment was better than no comment. I died the last time I made no comment in a game during a time when I was working. The problem - I didn't think through the implications of what I had posted. Had I waited, there would have been a better effort at framing Grundbegriff as a liar, but Chaosraven would probably have called me on it. After making the mistake and thinking about everything written, it was clear to me, I was one lynch away from winning the game. Had I survived, Semaj or Grundbegriff would be dead, and the other would have been lynched, winning the game. Unfortunately, mistakes #1 and #3 doomed me.

FYI - I had already submitted the order to kill Grundbegriff at night if I survived today. Keeping him alive was actually part of my plan. Get him to trust me and we could feed off of each other's ideas. It worked until I got caught with mistake #1.

Kind of thought he was on to me when one of the PMs yesterday included this:
Grundbegriff wrote:You're probably right. Your insights into Slashy-psychology should take the lead here.
But that was followed by the quote that started this post in the next PM. Good times :)

Anyway, why did I play the game this way? The concept was to be open. First, get folks talking about pros and cons of strategies. I didn't really care about that part, but did my best to pretend I did. 2nd, be as active as possible. The last time I had the chance to be this active, was the Angels and Demons game. It's much more fun to play these this way.

Problem now is you will all think I'm a bad guy when active. ;)

Feel really good about the way this played out with the exception of claiming Queen to Grundbegriff. Might have gotten away with the end-game had that not happened, but I'm not sure I could have gotten Grundbegriff to trust me by continuing to be just a student after Lassr died without the Queen stepping in.

Thanks, everyone! Looking forward to the next one.
Last edited by theohall on Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
stessier

Post by stessier »

This was pretty fun to watch from the outside. I can't believe Semaj missed the kill when Lassr went down. :doh:

Theohall did a great job. I can't believe how close he came. So what happened on the night Chaos was attacked? And did theo ever use his "see how many couples are left" power?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
theohall

Post by theohall »

stessier wrote:This was pretty fun to watch from the outside. I can't believe Semaj missed the kill when Lassr went down. :doh:

Theohall did a great job. I can't believe how close he came. So what happened on the night Chaos was attacked? And did theo ever use his "see how many couples are left" power?
Read above. Used it twice and knew where things stood when the Semaj vote went down. BTW, Kudos to Semaj for faking having a partner. Had I not died, I would've thought the game was over with the death of you or Grundbegriff, when I would really have needed to kill Chaosraven or Kelric. Chaosraven's post about anyone else being on a date (after the vote was essentially closed) with the Prom King really threw me off, because it indicated a "third" couple based on Semaj's post when I knew there were only two. At this point I thought Semaj and Chaosraven were a couple with one being the King and the other being the Queen. But there was nothing to be done, since faking Queen was getting me shot anyway.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

theohall wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:And I actually believe you're the Queen, so kudos if you're deceiving me.
Seeing as Grundbegriff wrote that yesterday in a PM, I think I was doing pretty well.
As I said,
Grundbegriff wrote:I was proceeding on the assumption that theohall was innocent. My remark was sincere, but it wasn't hard to do a 180 when new data became available.
Even so, the fact that I PMd you to say "I actually believe you're the Queen" is by no means something to be taken at face value.
theohall

Post by theohall »

One other thing...

Prior to the double kill attempt, I had this long post trying to frame Grundbegriff based on Remus West and Chaosraven dying and how Grundbegriff was guiding the vote while not necessarily leading. I almost posted this and it would have ended the game, because it discussed Chaosraven and Remus being victims, when they were still alive.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

theohall wrote:One other thing...

Prior to the double kill attempt, I had this long post trying to frame Grundbegriff based on Remus West and Chaosraven dying and how Grundbegriff was guiding the vote while not necessarily leading. I almost posted this and it would have ended the game, because it discussed Chaosraven and Remus being victims, when they were still alive.
Ironic considering that if you had targeted me as the secondary your kills would have worked since you took out my date the previous night (Newcastle).
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

stessier wrote:This was pretty fun to watch from the outside. I can't believe Semaj missed the kill when Lassr went down. :doh:

Yeah

Sorry lassr.

I very much wanted to rig the gun, but I actually was away for so long I decided to not do it. Worked out in that theo thought I was dead when in fact I was semi-missing in action. I had a busy week and when I came back you had gone from no or 1 vote to dead.... for a while.

At that point I thought it was grund. The voting patterns made me positive it was one of the three I had on my list. I figured it have to be you or remus. As in you were both partners at the prom and thats why you seemed to be working so well together. I almost as said as much, but instead implied it. I debated theo, i was trying to imagine why he would be on every vote to kill, and it made less sense.

I accepted around vote 3 or 4 today I wasn't going to make it without rigging my own gun, which I was fine with. It would make me a proven and give us a block. But I realized if i came out obviously the real slasher if it was grund/remus would have an easy path to figuring out the last couple. So I decided since lassr was dead, I would imply my partner was the Queen and I was a innocent. I was hoping it would get me killed at night and save the game for another day if it was grund. I fully expected we were in worst case scenario when no one died and it was obvious Theo was trying a double kill.

Glad we won.... sorry again lassr.
theohall

Post by theohall »

Doggone swiss cheese models ruining my plans.

Hole #1 - Semaj just happening to not be around.
Hole #2 - Faking Queen
Hole #3 - Failed double kill which works if primary and secondary are switched
Hole #4 - Semaj being available.

And they all lined up to let you Prom-goers enjoy the rest of your dance, even if there was only one couple left standing.

I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids.
Kelric

Post by Kelric »

I was (and am!) the King. Chaosraven was my date. I wanted to stay alive at all costs. I scanned Chaos > Remus > Grund.
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Heh Kelric, you really shoulda posted that at some point today, would have made that ending way easier on me :)
theohall

Post by theohall »

I agree, Semaj. Kelric probably should have stepped forward sooner to help the Good Guys.

This is what he should have known based on what we knew and his own info.

1. Isgrimnur - innocent, due to self-vote
2. Kelric - innocent - he knew he was the King.
3. theohall - unknown
4. Chaosraven - innocent
5. tru1cy - unknown
7. Remus West - innocent
10. Semaj - unknown
11. Grundbegriff - innocent

Had he stepped forward, there only would have been 3 unknowns - and one of them was the Queen. IMO, Kelric misplayed by not stepping forward - or having his partner step forward. Considering his partner was Chaosraven, the Killer (me) would have to wonder if Chaosraven lived due to being the Fem Heroine or for some other reason if he announced the King's info. Locking it down to me, Semaj and tru1cy - Semaj could have announced Queen and he could prove it forcing the Killer to be me or tru1cy.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Semaj wrote:Heh Kelric, you really shoulda posted that at some point today, would have made that ending way easier on me :)
:?
Actually.... with Grund's claim of having someone that contested YOU, combined with Chaosraven's reveal that he was told by "a King" that Grund & Remus (and clearly, he himself as the 1st scan) were just normal students - - You didn't need Kelric to say anything.

From your seat, either:
Grund was lying about Theohall's claim - and hence Grund was the Killer.
XOR
Grund was not lying, making Theohall the Killer.

There is no room for Chaosraven to be lying about his news that Grund was cleared... and hence, he wasn't - and hence Theohall was the Killer.

I suppose you could argue that Chaosraven was lying, and hence the killer. - but then there is no room for Grund to be lying too - logic collapses on that fast.

Theohall, you also made one other 'mistake', in that you were in on this last vote. If you weren't, the queen would have had nobody but one of your other targets to 'backfire' against. Of course, your claim of queen to Grund would still have perhaps sealed your fate - but perhaps not (depending on # and disposition of remaining couples)
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

errr, actually - perhaps I am wrong on that point... I was running this whole time under the belief that the doomed was allowed to pick his executioner from among his accusers. Perhaps it was really a totally open selection.
theohall

Post by theohall »

Unagi wrote:errr, actually - perhaps I am wrong on that point... I was running this whole time under the belief that the doomed was allowed to pick his executioner from among his accusers. Perhaps it was really a totally open selection.
I was just going to post that. :)
stessier

Post by stessier »

I thought it was from among the accusers as well. Can we get a post game clarification? :)
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
theohall

Post by theohall »

I just realized not one single special died, except me. Grrrr......

Had Kelric stepped forward after Isgrimnur's self-vote which cleared him, the game would have been over in a hurry. He names his only 3 unknowns - me, tru1cy (Female Heroine), and Semaj (Prom Queen). Those two each announce their specialness and I would have been completely screwed, instead of the slow questioning screw which happened.

I could have kept the game alive with a secret vote on Isgrimnur had it been placed before his self-vote. That's the one tool which never got used.
stessier

Post by stessier »

theohall wrote:I just realized not one single special died, except me. Grrrr......

Had Kelric stepped forward after Isgrimnur's self-vote which cleared him, the game would have been over in a hurry. He names his only 3 unknowns - me, tru1cy (Female Heroine), and Semaj (Prom Queen). Those two each announce their specialness and I would have been completely screwed, instead of the slow questioning screw which happened.

I could have kept the game alive with a secret vote on Isgrimnur had it been placed before his self-vote. That's the one tool which never got used.
tru1cy didn't know he was a Special, so you would have had that going for you!