[WW] STARSHIP R.SCOTT II - Game over!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

stessier

Re: [WW] STARSHIP R.SCOTT II - Day Two

Post by stessier »

Arcanis wrote:just because he is out to loose us this game:
 stessier 

i know it doesn't make any difference for today's vote but what else am i supposed to do when a 'teammate' is actively trying to throw the game.
Don't blame me! I'm a product of a very poor upbringing. Dad split when I was 6. Mom OD'd before I was 11. Spent my teen years on the streets before ending up here. Ain't gonna end up with no tentacles coming out my mouth if I can help it.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

stessier wrote: Actually, I think it increases the chance of a human victory. If we take the idea there is no Mama, then we have the pile of convicts to sort through. Having more Corps around is good for that - don't have to wonder where the votes are going to come from.
Are you kidding? Please tell me this is all just pulling my leg because you know Semaj won't wake up for three days.
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

And, just to emphasize, the corp players have 4 votes, no way to scan anyone, and no interest in helping our team to defeat their team. Say the hacker scans the alien tonight, while the symbiont locks up a convict.

Are they going to help us off the alien? Of-fucking-course-not.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Brendan wrote:
stessier wrote: Actually, I think it increases the chance of a human victory. If we take the idea there is no Mama, then we have the pile of convicts to sort through. Having more Corps around is good for that - don't have to wonder where the votes are going to come from.
Are you kidding? Please tell me this is all just pulling my leg because you know Semaj won't wake up for three days.
4 Corps and me = 5. There will be 10 players tomorrow morning. If there is no Mama, the humans will win. Can't lose as long as they work through the Cons. Funny that.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

And, furthermore, the hacker can scan Remus tonight! We'll know in the morning whether he's a tentacular monster, and we would still have the votes necessary to put him down ourselves without corp assistance.

:grund:
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

stessier wrote:
Brendan wrote:
4 Corps and me = 5. There will be 10 players tomorrow morning. If there is no Mama, the humans will win. Can't lose as long as they work through the Cons. Funny that.
Yes, the corps will win. That's not YOUR TEAM.
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

theohall wrote:
Arcanis wrote:just because he is out to loose us this game:
 stessier 

i know it doesn't make any difference for today's vote but what else am i supposed to do when a 'teammate' is actively trying to throw the game.
Is he loosing the game on you or losing the game for you? ;)
hey if must be correct, firefox told me so. Too bad it doesn't recognize its own name :doh: .
Not much else i can do but sit back and wait for samaj to finish off remus and hope the symbi screws up during the CC and the momma is dead. We may get lucky and tru1cy comes back and removes his vote, but i'm doubting that as i feel he is the convert (just a gut feeling right now)
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."--George Orwell
stessier

Post by stessier »

Brendan wrote:Yes, the corps will win. That's not YOUR TEAM.
Meh. Unimportant detail.

(Incidentally, I'm just killing time until Semaj shows up. I'm still gonna laugh if he sleeps through the day.)
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

stessier wrote:I think tru1cy is a bad scan. Brendan or Lassr are better choices.
Scoop, you didn't screw up the hacker's report did you? If he's not the alien then, I mean, surely stessier is at least the symbiont!
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

What a ridiculous disaster. I presumed there was a gentleman's agreement under which we all actually acted in favor of our winning conditions. These games would break down pretty quickly if werewolves sympathized with villagers.

"Hay guyz, I'm sort of a werewolf, so perhaps you should lynch me today so that I can't kill again! Bring wolfsbane! And PLENTY OF BULLETS!!"
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

stessier wrote:
Brendan wrote:Yes, the corps will win. That's not YOUR TEAM.
Meh. Unimportant detail.

(Incidentally, I'm just killing time until Semaj shows up. I'm still gonna laugh if he sleeps through the day.)
can i vote for him again? :grund:

stessierdict arnold 

stessierdict arnold 

stessierdict arnold 

stessierdict arnold 

stessierdict arnold 

there that is 6 votes for him now. can we plz haz him test the patched space suit now.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."--George Orwell
theohall

Post by theohall »

Brendan wrote:What a ridiculous disaster. I presumed there was a gentleman's agreement under which we all actually acted in favor of our winning conditions. These games would break down pretty quickly if werewolves sympathized with villagers.

"Hay guyz, I'm sort of a werewolf, so perhaps you should lynch me today so that I can't kill again! Bring wolfsbane! And PLENTY OF BULLETS!!"
Convicts aren't wolves. They are humans who don't seem to give a darn about becoming aliens, except for stessier, who obviously doesn't want to let aliens take over the earth. These games break down really quickly when the Convicts refuse to actually hunt aliens, but instead play the "maintain our advantage" game. FYI, on Starsiip R. Scott 1, the Convicts insisted on maintaining their advantage alienating the Corp who then refused to cooperate with any plan the Convicts promoted. Result: the alien won. Sound familiar??

But, again, this concept appears foreign to this crew of convicts.
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

with the turncoat among you the convicts out right lose once the symbi locks one of us down. I would rather take a chance at victory than guarantee a loss. This wouldn't even be an issue if we felt that we had any chance of cooperation from corp members, but we won't so why should we bother. We will do the same as you guys and cause as much trouble trying to prevent your victory as much as you have done to prevent ours. we have NO reason to do otherwise.
theohall

Post by theohall »

Arcanis wrote:with the turncoat among you the convicts out right lose once the symbi locks one of us down. I would rather take a chance at victory than guarantee a loss. This wouldn't even be an issue if we felt that we had any chance of cooperation from corp members, but we won't so why should we bother. We will do the same as you guys and cause as much trouble trying to prevent your victory as much as you have done to prevent ours. we have NO reason to do otherwise.
Unagi thinks otherwise, but Newcastle didn't threaten to withhold his abilities until the Convicts started talking about offing Corp players to maintain their advantage when the Convicts already have an advantage and decided not to hunt the alien, unless it's CR.
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

theohall wrote:
Brendan wrote:What a ridiculous disaster. I presumed there was a gentleman's agreement under which we all actually acted in favor of our winning conditions. These games would break down pretty quickly if werewolves sympathized with villagers.

Convicts aren't wolves. They are humans who don't seem to give a darn about becoming aliens, except for stessier, who obviously doesn't want to let aliens take over the earth. These games break down really quickly when the Convicts refuse to actually hunt aliens, but instead play the "maintain our advantage" game. FYI, on Starsiip R. Scott 1, the Convicts insisted on maintaining their advantage alienating the Corp who then refused to cooperate with any plan the Convicts promoted. Result: the alien won. Sound familiar??

Do you actually believe what you write, or is this like a parody of rational thought meant only to infuriate me?

There aren't any half-victory conditions. The rules of the game are very clear - if corp wins, convicts, aliens, and symbionts lose. If convicts win, corp, aliens, and symbionts lose. etc. I am trying to maximize the chances of my team winning.

Stessier doesn't care about the rules under which we all agreed to play the game - fine. You just don't have any idea what you're talking about.

The "maintain our advantage game" is only useful so that we can then kill a convict WITHOUT FEAR THAT THE CORP WILL OVERTAKE US AND THEREFORE DENY US A VICTORY.

Why is that so hard for you to understand?
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

If Remus gets voted off today (and isn't a sole alien), I'm done contributing to this game.

It occurs to me that stessier could be an unrevealed engineer who is content to let sole alien Chaosraven sit in plain sight, but that defies the probabilities.
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

Unagi wrote:I have thought too much on if Brendan is evil. I've got no radar left. He sounds totally human as I feel he pushes for a plan that increases the chances for the symbiont. But I'm also very tempted to partake in his plan. (Mostly due to Newcastle's posts - and then theohall a bit too, and I don't ever want to give them control of the game), and due to me not thinking the alternate plan is really all that different.

stessier, I guess you are set on the Remus test - obviously your vote is his death sentence.
theohall wrote: Unagi thinks otherwise, but Newcastle didn't threaten to withhold his abilities until the Convicts started talking about offing Corp players to maintain their advantage when the Convicts already have an advantage and decided not to hunt the alien, unless it's CR.
Really he does huh?
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Brendan wrote:
theohall wrote:

Do you actually believe what you write, or is this like a parody of rational thought meant only to infuriate me?

There aren't any half-victory conditions. The rules of the game are very clear - if corp wins, convicts, aliens, and symbionts lose. If convicts win, corp, aliens, and symbionts lose. etc. I am trying to maximize the chances of my team winning.

Stessier doesn't care about the rules under which we all agreed to play the game - fine. You just don't have any idea what you're talking about.

The "maintain our advantage game" is only useful so that we can then kill a convict WITHOUT FEAR THAT THE CORP WILL OVERTAKE US AND THEREFORE DENY US A VICTORY.

Why is that so hard for you to understand?
+1
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

remus west 

Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Brendan wrote:If Remus gets voted off today (and isn't a sole alien), I'm done contributing to this game.
Quoted to go back and find all the times Brendan made mention of "Whiny Corp Players"
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Unbelievable. Well, Semaj, stessier has made it so that everyone will forget your incredible blunder in favor of his own.
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Chaosraven wrote:
Brendan wrote:If Remus gets voted off today (and isn't a sole alien), I'm done contributing to this game.
Quoted to go back and find all the times Brendan made mention of "Whiny Corp Players"
Eh - It's all a tactic to push opinion. I'm sure you're a perfectly non-whiny guy in real life.

Or are you?!?
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Wasnt a fing blunder

really irritated in hearing it was.

I knew there was a good chance of who he was, I also knew I felt, hard as it may seem to imagine, he was the alien. Converted or not (My guess was converted, esp with the lack of report) I figured I was probably shooting team corp in the foot, but I went for the M-fing win and tried to shoot an alien.

Like I said, for you, in the future, I'll try to shoot some random person on the opposite team as opposed to a "wolf".
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I think the Hacker should scan Lassr tonight if Remus comes up good.
Last edited by stessier on Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Semaj wrote:Wasnt a fing blunder

Oh, okay. Clearly it all went as planned. :D
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

stessier wrote:I think the Hacker should scan Lassr tonight if Remus comes up good.
Nice edit - before you'd said something like "I don't want to hold things up."

What, exactly, did that mean?
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

And that's some bullshit to edit that comment out, stessier. Seriously.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Brendan wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:
Eh - It's all a tactic to push opinion. I'm sure you're a perfectly non-whiny guy in real life.

Or are you?!?
I'm a Psycho in Real Life. I smoke BallPoint Pens, and Huff Amyl Nitrate and Butyl Nitrate by filling my Swimming Pool with it and Sitting at the bottom holding my breath.
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Chaosraven wrote:
Brendan wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:

Or are you?!?
I'm a Psycho in Real Life. I smoke BallPoint Pens, and Huff Amyl Nitrate and Butyl Nitrate by filling my Swimming Pool with it and Sitting at the bottom holding my breath.
Haha. I apologize for implying that you were anything other than a nitrate-huffing pen smoker.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Brendan wrote:And that's some bullshit to edit that comment out, stessier. Seriously.
If stessier hadn't had a scan result of Human today, something like that is cause for serious suspicion.
He's abusing his Day of Immunity :twisted:
"Where are you off to?"

Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

stessier wrote:I think the Hacker should scan Lassr tonight if Remus comes up good.
i think the hacker should scan anyone but Lassr just to flip you off like you did your own team.

Congrats team corp you now have your victory in hand, all you need to do is kill the alien and pray Isg was mama.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Brendan wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:
Brendan wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:

Or are you?!?
Haha. I apologize for implying that you were anything other than a nitrate-huffing pen smoker.
I'd say Thankke-Sai if I could see straight enough to type the Two EE's together instead of a kk typo.
"Where are you off to?"

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Chaosraven wrote:
Brendan wrote:And that's some bullshit to edit that comment out, stessier. Seriously.
If stessier hadn't had a scan result of Human today, something like that is cause for serious suspicion.
Well, he's probably the hacker. Who cares?
stessier

Post by stessier »

Brendan wrote:

What are you talking about?

I'm working on my work laptop and it has a touchy mousepad. I accidentally submitted while typing. All I did was go in and finish my though adding "tonight if Remus comes up good." Where did you get that other stuff?
stessier

Post by stessier »

Brendan wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:
Well, he's probably the hacker. Who cares?
Yep, and I scanned myself today just to get a free Day of mayhem instead of looking for Aliens. :lol:
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

stessier wrote:
Brendan wrote:

What are you talking about?

I'm working on my work laptop and it has a touchy mousepad. I accidentally submitted while typing. All I did was go in and finish my though adding "tonight if Remus comes up good." Where did you get that other stuff?
Uh huh.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Semaj wrote:Wasnt a fing blunder

I'll back the stinking corp on this one. semaj's move was not a blunder, it was Grund <GASP> that blundered.

Black Lives Matter
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

So, I have proof from my cache that stessier's lying. Do I post the proof?
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

Brendan wrote:So, I have proof from my cache that stessier's lying. Do I post the proof?
yes
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Problem: it may be disadvantageous for convicts.