[WW] Freddy Vs Jason - CANCELLED!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Scoop20906

[WW] Freddy Vs Jason - CANCELLED!

Post by Scoop20906 »

Freddy Vs Jason
One, two, Freddy's coming for you... three, four, Jason's at your door...
A Scoop20906 Production

Coming up following the conclusion to BSG IV!! Check your local forum for listings near you.
Last edited by Scoop20906 on Thu May 27, 2010 7:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Scoop20906

Re: [WW] Freddy Vs Jason - Coming This Summer

Post by Scoop20906 »

Scoop20906

Re: [WW] Freddy Vs Jason - Coming This Summer

Post by Scoop20906 »

RULEZ OPEN FOR DISCUSSION

Freddy Vs. Jason

One, two, Freddy's coming for you... three, four, Jason's at your door...

Game Concept:

Freddy and Jason have decided to find out once and for all who is the greatest slasher killer. Each killer will attempt to have the highest body count by the end of ?? days and nights. A group of college students have come to the crystal lake camp ground to drink and party. Little do they know that they have just walked into Freddy and Jason's trap.

Roles:

Enlarge Image
Jason Voorhees - Jason's greatest fear is drowning.

Enlarge Image
Freddy Krueger - Freddy's greatest fear is fire.

Enlarge Image
The Virgin - The virgin is a real drag at a party because she is a prude and won't put out. If Jason attacks the Virgin he will not kill her seeing as she is an innocent. The Virgin will not realize that she was attacked. Freddy will kill the Virgin if he attacks her. The Virgin can use her weird sense to scan a student to see if their are Freddy.

Enlarge Image
The Pyro - The pyro is constantly flicking his bic. If Freddy attacks the Pyro he will not kill him as the bic lighter will drive him away. The Pyro can use her insane sense to scan a student to see if they are Jason.

Enlarge Image
?? Students - You can vote and you can Get Drunk!!!!

Rulez:

Game Flow:

The game begins with the students arriving at night one. There are a total of ?? nights and days. On each night there is a primary and secondary killer. The primary killer will get to attack a player first. If he fails to kill his target then the secondary player attempt to attack a player. If the secondary player fails to kill his target then no player is killed that night. The primary and secondary killer titles will pass back and forth between Freddy and Jason at random intervals where each killer has an equal number of times to be the primary killer for the total number of nights. Neither killer will know if he is the primary or secondary killer until after they have chosen who to attack and get their results.

For example:
Night One: Primary - Freddy Secondary - Jason
Night Two: Primary - Freddy Secondary - Jason
Night Three: Primary Freddy Secondary - Jason
Night Four: Primary Jason Secondary - Freddy
Night Five: Primary Jason Secondary - Freddy
Night Six: Primary Freddy Secondary - Jason
Night Seven: Primary Jason Secondary - Freddy
Night Eight: Primary Jason Secondary - Freddy

If one of the killers is killed, then the last killer will always be the primary killer and there will be no secondary killer.

Killer Attacks:

At the beginning of the night each player is asked if they will sleep by the fire or sleep in the wood. When Jason attacks a player he may not attack a player in the woods. When Freddy attacks a player he may not kill a player sleeping by the fire.

For example, Bubba's secret PM order says he will sleep by the fire for the night. Freddy chooses to attack Bubba but once he sees Bubba is sleeping by the fire he is unable to kill him and gets a miss that night.

Both the Virgin and the Pryo are not given a choice and can always be killed provided the killer can kill them.

When only one killer remains then players are no longer given to option to sleep by the fire or in the woods and can be killed by any killer who attacks them.

Night Boilerplate:
Jason Voorhees:
Who will you attack?

Freddy Krueger:
Who will you attack?

Students:
Will you stay by the fire or will you hide in the forest?

Virgin:
Who will you scan?

Pryo:
Who will you scan?

Beginning of Day Sequence:
Results are sent to all relevant parties...

Day Boilerplate:
Announce results from last night and open voting.

Voting:
Each day players will be able to place a vote for the player.

Only votes (and withdraws) cast with the   tag are official.

A majority vote will close voting. There will be a hard deadline for votes.

Deaths:
Dying player will always be revealed to be either Freddy, Jason, or Student. Student's specific player roles will not be revealed.

Victory Conditions:

Killer Victory: At least one killer survives until the end of the game or the number of surviving killers is equal to the number of surviving students. 

•  Jason Voorhees Sub-Victory: Survive until the end of the game and have a larger body count than Freddy Krueger. 

•  Freddy Krueger Sub-Victory: Survive until the end of the game and have a larger body count than Jason Voorhee. 

Student Victory: The students win when both killers are killed. 

Last edited by Scoop20906 on Thu May 13, 2010 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scoop20906

Re: [WW] Freddy Vs Jason -After BSGIV-Rulez Discuss and Sign

Post by Scoop20906 »

Ok, everyone, I have a preview of the rulez for Freddy Vs. Jason. I'm still considering adding other things but this is the basic game. This is a killer oriented game but I'd like to see if I can find a way to get the students more involved. Please take a look at the rulez and let me know if anything is confusing or broken and any suggestions to make things more fun.

THANKS!

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

My understanding

Night Kills {0,1} - no possible doubles
Day Lynch {1}

What happens if the end game resolves to one killer, one student during the day?

Death of one killer will be explicit knowledge to all.

If game ends with both killers, it goes to strict body count.

Is the random number of nights going to be determined by body count or a mod-hidden variable? It would seem that a body-count derived number would make the random nature of primary seeding iffy at best.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

i think a problem could arise getting 12 orders in from people, since some people lag and what not...remember semaj a few games ago....pretty much was drunk at a bar and let something slide for the whole weekend...and the game hinged on his hungover ass (said with much love semaj, much love :mrgreen: ).....i would think maybe a time deadline to put in the order once the lynch has been achieved, say 12 hours for you to get your sleeping order in, or else it will go to random.org. Players can always pre-send in their orders prior to lynch.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Isgrimnur wrote:My understanding

Night Kills {0,1} - no possible doubles
Day Lynch {1}

What happens if the end game resolves to one killer, one student during the day?

Death of one killer will be explicit knowledge to all.

If game ends with both killers, it goes to strict body count.

Is the random number of nights going to be determined by body count or a mod-hidden variable? It would seem that a body-count derived number would make the random nature of primary seeding iffy at best.
I couldn't figure out how to make it clear but the primary times and secondary times equal out. They just won't be back to back. So it could be Freddy is primary four nights in a row following Jason Primary four nights in a row.

Correct, the killer's identity is announced when he is killed. I will check the rulez to make sure this is clear again.

The game will have a set number of nights so at the end if both killers are alive, then it goes to body count for the sub-victory. A tie is scored as a tie.

I will add language in the Victory conditions where if the number of killers and students are equal the game ends and we go to the killers victory conditions.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Newcastle wrote:i think a problem could arise getting 12 orders in from people, since some people lag and what not...remember semaj a few games ago....pretty much was drunk at a bar and let something slide for the whole weekend...and the game hinged on his hungover ass (said with much love semaj, much love :mrgreen: ).....i would think maybe a time deadline to put in the order once the lynch has been achieved, say 12 hours for you to get your sleeping order in, or else it will go to random.org. Players can always pre-send in their orders prior to lynch.
I will add in hard deadlines. Night orders are 12 hours. Voting will be one week (allowances can be made for holidays and the like). THANKS

stessier

Post by stessier »

Scoop20906 wrote:Correct, the killer's identity is announced when he is killed. I will check the rulez to make sure this is clear again.
Why announce it? The students are just fodder in that situation. Why not let them have fun and risk their life with their convictions? Don't announce and let them continue to choose a sleeping place. Maybe if everyone sleeps in one place or the other, Everyone dies and the Killer wins? Or Something Painful to stop the Students from doing that?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

stessier wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:Correct, the killer's identity is announced when he is killed. I will check the rulez to make sure this is clear again.
Why announce it? The students are just fodder in that situation. Why not let them have fun and risk their life with their convictions? Don't announce and let them continue to choose a sleeping place. Maybe if everyone sleeps in one place or the other, Everyone dies and the Killer wins? Or Something Painful to stop the Students from doing that?
but students could in theory say "hey i am going to sleep by the fire/ forest" and then if one dies in a certain area they would avoid it till they won, foiling the killer.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Newcastle wrote:
stessier wrote:
but students could in theory say "hey i am going to sleep by the fire/ forest" and then if one dies in a certain area they would avoid it till they won, foiling the killer.
Hence the "if everyone sleeps in one place or the other, Everyone dies and the Killer wins? Or Something Painful to stop the Students from doing that?" part. :)

I don't have all the answers, I just think it's boring to be staring into a meat grinder like that when there was possible fun early on.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Given my dislike for opening night random kills, a thought occurred to me:

Perhaps make the opening night potential kill vote-based. Make it so that the campers cote for someone to make a beer run out in one of two directions. Have the killers make their selections for which direction they're going to go prior to the opening discussion/vote, and then either have the crowd or the potential victim pick the path they're going to choose and risk their necks that way.
stessier

Post by stessier »

The alternative is to just start during Day. There is no hard/fast rule that WW must start at Night.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

stessier wrote:The alternative is to just start during Day. There is no hard/fast rule that WW must start at Night.
Yes, but from a story point of view, what possible reason would you have for lynching someone on Day 1 when there haven't been any night-time murders?
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Simple, you murder Sdir NotAppearingInThisFilm... Like the Mod.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Chaosraven wrote:Simple, you murder Sdir NotAppearingInThisFilm... Like the Mod.
Makes sense. That hadn't occurred to me, but is a good idea.

Down with Opening Phase Kills! Up with Player Rights! :horse:
stessier

Post by stessier »

Chaosraven wrote:Simple, you murder Sdir NotAppearingInThisFilm... Like the Mod.
What was the name they use for the WW games? I remember being amused.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Isgrimnur wrote:
Makes sense. That hadn't occurred to me, but is a good idea.

Down with Opening Phase Kills! Up with Player Rights! :horse:
of course, then it sucks to be the first guy voted out when nothing has happened :)
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I can start it during the day and have a red shirt die on night one.

Just promise me everyone votes for Iggy on Day One. :twisted:

Kenetickid

Post by Kenetickid »

it may be just a lack of experience on my part or I need to do some serious prowling over the rulz, but I don't see any real issues. looking forward to actually seeINg how I can actually play my hand at a couple of serious games.
The world is a swirling maelstrom of death and decay. It's inhabitants feed upon each other in a vile feast of flesh and blood. We should all live this way because it is the way of the universe that the strong survive and the weak PERISH!

Remember, Cthulhu saves too...........He just saves you for last.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

That 'pyro' is a girl !? :shock:
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

I think it may in fact be... in theory anyways... a man.

Although I would argue many many different aspects.
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
theohall

Post by theohall »

No one part of the IN crowd would miss a party at Camp Crystal Lake.
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

I's in.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I'm in.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

So, if Freddy is identified by the Virgin and lynched, Jason is screwed?

* Jason can't kill the Virgin.
* All the students elect to sleep in the woods.

:?:
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Lagom Lite wrote:So, if Freddy is identified by the Virgin and lynched, Jason is screwed?

When only one killer remains then players are no longer given to option to sleep by the fire or in the woods and can be killed by any killer who attacks them.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Isgrimnur wrote:
Lagom Lite wrote:So, if Freddy is identified by the Virgin and lynched, Jason is screwed?

Ah. Gotcha.

In, please!
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

wouldn't it be easier to have 1 on 1 off situation for the killers? Say Jason dies day 3 or 4... he's pretty much not gotten to do a damn thing.
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Semaj wrote:wouldn't it be easier to have 1 on 1 off situation for the killers? Say Jason dies day 3 or 4... he's pretty much not gotten to do a damn thing.
It can't be predictable. Otherwise, the students realize where they can hide that night.

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Do freddy and jason know each others identity? What if they go after each other? What are they told?
"Where are you off to?"

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Chaosraven wrote:Do freddy and jason know each others identity? What if they go after each other? What are they told?
I need to flesh this out in the rulez but they don't know the other's identity since they could easily try to get the other offed. If one target the other they are told the same miss message they would be told if the student hid form them in the woods or fire depending on which killer it is.

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Perhaps a simple Failure result with no explanation, whether other Killer, antihero, or stufent sleeping in other area.
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Now, do the Targets (whether Killer, antihero, or safe student) get to know how close they came to a dirt nap?
"Where are you off to?"

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Chaosraven wrote:Now, do the Targets (whether Killer, antihero, or safe student) get to know how close they came to a dirt nap?
Hmm, I am leaning to no but what do you think would be more fun?

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Scoop20906 wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:Now, do the Targets (whether Killer, antihero, or safe student) get to know how close they came to a dirt nap?
Hmm, I am leaning to no but what do you think would be more fun?
i think it would add information to the game... The antihero would know they scared off their nemesis, the student would know which killer came after them, do they sleep in the same area again? But do they dare say anything? Does Freddy state openly thatt Jason came after him, without revealing who he is? Etc etc. I think it might add some excitement to a students decisions to know while the Killer does not. Cuz by giving it away the other killer may target them
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Of course it could simply have been Secondary target too...
"Where are you off to?"

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Should the miss message then note whether the kill attempt was a primary or secondary attack?

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I like adding more information as long as it doesn't overpower the game.

My goal in this game is that the killers want to be real careful to survive but at the same time they can't sit back as they need to get the most kills.

I had a thought. We could make the vote not be a kill vote but simply a witch hunt so to speak.

For example, the players vote to test a player and then they can either put them near the fire to test for Freddy or put them in the water to test for Jason. The player tested in not killed.

It will allow players to stay alive longer in the game which I believe is more fun. Thoughts?

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Shades of The Thing game... How long do you want the game to last? Thats actually more powerful info and its public and proven
"Where are you off to?"