BSG VI -Sign ups CLOSED

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

redrun

Re: BSG VI -After LotR - New rules-updated-sign ups

Post by redrun »

I'd be happy to be INvolved, however I'd certainly understand if you'd hit your desired limit/balance.
Sufficient I am to the day.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

And I would dearly love a start before Monday so I have something to do at work this weekend... ;). Gotta start figuring out my Hobbit Codes...
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
stessier

Post by stessier »

Chaosraven wrote:And I would dearly love a start before Monday so I have something to do at work this weekend... ;). Gotta start figuring out my Hobbit Codes...
I suggest Morse Code. Fits with the setting and is just plain cool when it's revealed. :)
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I'm just going to wait until I need to claim a role then pick a random post of mine from the game start and create the code so the post translates into "I am role X". :P
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

stessier wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:And I would dearly love a start before Monday so I have something to do at work this weekend... ;). Gotta start figuring out my Hobbit Codes...
I suggest Morse Code. Fits with the setting and is just plain cool when it's revealed. :)
hasn't that been done? Punctuation in a post? ..- --. .. -.
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

theohall

Post by theohall »

· · · — — — · · ·
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

would like one more.

Added a few roles. Please comment and we'll try to get this started Sunday or Monday (Sorry Chaos).
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Remus West

Re: BSG VI -Sign ups - would like 1 more. New roles added

Post by Remus West »

How does Starbuck work with Tyrol and Anders? I assume that since she dies by protecting a bad cylon she is fine with both at the start but if Tyrol gets switched he then becomes a landmine for her while Anders will be fine the entire time?
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

ok really really dumb question - but the last three photos, the tramp, lebhen and other person...that is team evil right? the bad cylons...i think thats what you mean, but it aint crystal clear to this tired ass person.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
stessier

Post by stessier »

So this is the "You better have finished the series by now - SPOILERS!" version. :)
Chaosraven wrote:hasn't that been done? Punctuation in a post? ..- --. .. -.
Yes! You and I did it as Secret Masons. Sure, you were converted the first night and left me talking to myself the whole game, but I still got you to put in the code. :P
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

No Brother Cavil...
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Remus West wrote:How does Starbuck work with Tyrol and Anders? I assume that since she dies by protecting a bad cylon she is fine with both at the start but if Tyrol gets switched he then becomes a landmine for her while Anders will be fine the entire time?
Yes
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Newcastle wrote:ok really really dumb question - but the last three photos, the tramp, lebhen and other person...that is team evil right? the bad cylons...i think thats what you mean, but it aint crystal clear to this tired ass person.
Yes - Fixed
Last edited by Lassr on Fri May 14, 2010 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

stessier wrote:So this is the "You better have finished the series by now - SPOILERS!" version. :)
Guess you could say that. :D

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

tru1cy wrote:No Brother Cavil...
Not this time. Wanna try out D'Anna which is the living player scanner compared to Cavil who is the dead person scanner.

When I had a request for Tyrol I came up with a role for him and then started going through the whole cast trying to find unique roles for each. E.g. Saul Tigh, if he is ever used, can declare Martial Law for one turn but I haven't quite worked out the mechanics of how Martial Law would work yet.

If I don't have another player by noonish and no one finds any busted rules or roles, I'll start the random assignments this afternoon. Game will be moved to a fresh thread also.
Last edited by Lassr on Fri May 14, 2010 10:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Who's Marshall? (Psst... Martial Law :ninja: )
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Isgrimnur wrote:Who's Marshall? (Psst... Martial Law :ninja: )
Marshall
Ha! I didn't even catch that and I did it twice. :doh:
Last edited by Lassr on Fri May 14, 2010 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Black Lives Matter
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Isgrimnur wrote:Who's Marshall? (Psst... Martial Law :ninja: )
I am the Sheriff. I think Timothy Olyphant plays the Marshall.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Do we have anyone that could tell us the difference between a dead bad guy and a dead good guy?
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Remus West wrote:Do we have anyone that could tell us the difference between a dead bad guy and a dead good guy?
If the day's lynch target is shown to be a cylon then, if Athena is alive, everyone will learn if a cylon that is killed during the day is a good or bad cylon (not their role though).

If you are talking specific roles then, No.

Black Lives Matter
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Lassr wrote:
Remus West wrote:Do we have anyone that could tell us the difference between a dead bad guy and a dead good guy?
If the day's lynch target is shown to be a cylon then, if Athena is alive, everyone will learn if a cylon that is killed during the day is a good or bad cylon (not their role though).

Doesn't that ruin the Athena as Cylon aspect if we know good/evil as well as Cylon human? One of the neat twists in this game is the Seer not being able to prove themselves because they show up exactly the same as the Bad guys. If we are told good/evil Cylon and then suddenly lynch a Cylon and are not told it gives away Athena's death.

Also, no doctors this time around?
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Remus West wrote:
Lassr wrote:

Doesn't that ruin the Athena as Cylon aspect if we know good/evil as well as Cylon human? One of the neat twists in this game is the Seer not being able to prove themselves because they show up exactly the same as the Bad guys. If we are told good/evil Cylon and then suddenly lynch a Cylon and are not told it gives away Athena's death.

I've been wrestling with that rule. I didn't like it but I was trying to add it to her role so I could try out other roles without having to bring in Apollo. But I've been thinking of removing Anders and adding Apollo back for that reason. or adding Apollos powers to Anders.

No doctors this time because this game is set a few years after the start of the war and everyone one knows about the cylon hybrid threat.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Lassr wrote:
Remus West wrote:
Lassr wrote:

I've been wrestling with that rule. I didn't like it but I was trying to add it to her role so I could try out other roles without having to bring in Apollo. But I've been thinking of removing Anders and adding Apollo back for that reason. or adding Apollos powers to Anders.

No doctors this time because this game is set a few years after the start of the war and everyone one knows about the cylon hybrid threat.
What if Anders knows if the Cylon that dies is good or bad AND when the cylons kill at night, Anders will know if it was a Cylon. Then eliminate his other power or keep it?

The more I think about it, it may be better to have Apollo since he's human. Galen, Anders and Athena are all good cylons (that may be too many) of course Galen could switch sides.

edit: of course with Anders he could nab a fake Athena when she releases her scan list if it doesn't match what he knows...of course he would have to be scanned by her to gain access to the list.

decisions, decisions.
Last edited by Lassr on Fri May 14, 2010 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Black Lives Matter
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Lassr wrote:The more I think about it, it may be better to have Apollo since he's human. Galen, Anders and Athena are all good cylons (that may be too many) of course Galen could switch sides.
For later-in-the-series Cylon paranoia/detection, how about Gaeta?
Wiki wrote:In college, Gaeta studied genetics, but joined the military to pay for his education. ...he left to become President Baltar's Chief of Staff. ...helping his idol, Doctor Gaius Baltar, design a Cylon detector.... ...he also acts as a spy for the resistance, providing them with information on security, personnel in the New Caprica Police, and radio frequencies.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Lassr wrote:The more I think about it, it may be better to have Apollo since he's human. Galen, Anders and Athena are all good cylons (that may be too many) of course Galen could switch sides.
For later-in-the-series Cylon paranoia/detection, how about Gaeta?
Wiki wrote:In college, Gaeta studied genetics, but joined the military to pay for his education. ...he left to become President Baltar's Chief of Staff. ...helping his idol, Doctor Gaius Baltar, design a Cylon detector....
I had Gaeta and Zarek roles set up for a 3rd traitor side in the future if I ever decided to do that game. Not that I could change Gaeta role in later games, it sure changed in the series.

I'm open to suggestion here though. I like the Anders role (see my edit in the post above yours).

Apollo, Cylon Anders, or another human (Gaeta) with the ability to hunt down Cylon identities like Grund suggested.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Wiki wrote:In college, Gaeta studied genetics, but joined the military to pay for his education. ...he left to become President Baltar's Chief of Staff. ...helping his idol, Doctor Gaius Baltar, design a Cylon detector.... ...he also acts as a spy for the resistance, providing them with information on security, personnel in the New Caprica Police, and radio frequencies.
ah, good find.
I'll work on that after lunch and I think we may be ready.

Black Lives Matter
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Sorry about the edit. I was tabbing back and forth.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

I'd like to jump back in.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Thanks Grund. I just messaged Remus... Life has calmed down and I'm on top of work. You might actually see an active and analytical Bub this time. Bring it on.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

I'll be following this from the sidelines, I got a bit burned out on WW from modding FotR.

Nice to see you again, Bub!
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Grundbegriff wrote:Sorry about the edit.
*faints*
"Where are you off to?"

Lassr

Re: BSG VI -Sign ups CLOSED

Post by Lassr »

I think the final rules are in place. Look them over please. I will start random assignments soon.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Mr Bubbles wrote:I'd like to jump back in.
Yea! Casting is closed.

Black Lives Matter
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Lassr wrote:I think the final rules are in place. Look them over please. I will start random assignments soon.
Time to start thinking up my codes. "I'm the hot one" should cover all the female roles. Now to code the male roles.

Looking at the roles, for those of us that did not watch the entire series, the bad guys are all cylons I assume.
theohall

Post by theohall »

Great! Now I have to read the rules. :horse:
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Tools
  • Sharon "Boomer" "Athena" Valerii Agathon (Seeks cylons, Seeks/confirms Galen Tyrol)
  • Felix Gaeta (Overvoter, Coroner)
  • Kara "Starbuck" Thrace (Guardian)
  • Galen Tyrol (Kingmaker|Assassin)
  • Citizen01
  • Citizen02
  • Citizen03
  • Citizen04
  • Citizen05
  • Citizen06
  • Citizen07
  • Citizen08
  • Ellen "Me Up, Me Down" Tigh (Disrupts/scans Specials)
  • D'Anna "Warrior Princess" Biers (Seeks/converts Galen Tyrol)
  • Leoben Conoy (Seeks/disrupts Starbuck)
  • Brendan
  • Chaosraven
  • Grundbegriff
  • Isgrimnur
  • kinetickid
  • Mr. Bubbles
  • Newcastle
  • redrun
  • Remus West
  • Scoop20906
  • Semaj
  • stessier
  • theohall
  • tru1cy
  • Unagi
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

well based on that, all we need to do is kill theo, tru1cy and unagi and we win!
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
theohall

Post by theohall »

Semaj wrote:well based on that, all we need to do is kill theo, tru1cy and unagi and we win!
You missed out. This thread has already been concluded. :)