BSG VI -Sign ups CLOSED

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Lassr

BSG VI -Sign ups CLOSED

Post by Lassr »

A smaller version of the game. More roles could be added if needed.

Good guys

Athena (good cylon) –Each night she can scan to find cylons.
Athena would submit a name to scan. The answer to her question will be Cylon or Human. If Athena is lynched the autopsy will show cylon. If she finds Galen before D'Anna she will be told that she has found Galen. If she finds Galen after D'anna she wil only be told she has found a Cylon.

She has the one time power to get an extra scan during the day when a cylon target is found, to determine which cylon was detected (may be used anytime as long as that Cylon is alive). Cylons will know they were scanned when used.

Felix Gaeta -The only good Cylon is a dead Cylon is his philosophy. Gaeta has the ability to manipulate the vote and cast an extra vote against a player when he feels they must be a Cylon. He may only use this ability twice.
Gaeta is also determined to find out everything he can about the Cylons. Know your enemy. He may research a dead player each night. If they are human, that is the only info he will receive but if he researches a Cylon he will learn the role of the Cylon.

Starbuck – She can protect one person per night. If she protects a bad cylon (not Athena), She’s dead and that will override any kill selection of the cylons. She can protect the same player more than once but NOT on consecutive nights. She may choose to protect herself or no one.

Starbuck each night may search for the player with the gun. If she finds the player with the gun she may disarm that player on any day if they draw the weapon to fire. If the weapon has been passed to another person at night then Starbuck cannot disarm until she finds the new player with the weapon (She may continuously check the same person if she wishes). If the weapon is passed during the day and Starbuck has identified the gun holder on a previous night, she will notice the exchange and know the identity of the new gun holder. (If the option to disarm is available then the Moderator will e-mail Starbuck and ask if she wishes to disarm, as the player with the gun is about to shoot, but not who he will shoot).

Good guy/potential bad guy

Galen Tyrol –He is unsure of his loyalty after discovering he is a cylon but continues to assist the humans. If he is found by Athena he will give his sidearm to another player of his choice at anytime during the game (day or night after the night found), that player then will have the ability to kill during the day cycle (does not replace the lynch). Galen will give the player the gun and they will exchange info (allowed one PM to each other). The player with the gun then may use it at anytime during the day cycle. (As a good cylon, he will not use the sidearm, and yes he could accidentally pass it to a bad cylon).

If found by D’Anna, he will then have the one time ability to kill during the day. He will count toward the Cylons side and have access to the forum. (If D'Anna finds him after Athena, she will just be told his role and he will not switch sides to the Cylons at this point).

If not found he counts for the human side.

Citizens – Citizens have no power other than voting.

================
Bad Guys

Ellen - she sleeps with a player of her choice each night. That player, if he has a special role, cannot perform any special functions that night. Cannot sleep with the same player more than once. Ellen can be denied her nightly adventure by a Starbuck protection of that person. Twice during the game she may search the players room she is sleeping with to determine if they have a special role, but not what role they play. Results of scan would be special or not special.

D’Anna-each night she may research the background of a living player to determine their role. If she finds Galen Tyrol before Athena, he will switch to the Cylon side.

Leoben - has a mysterious psychic connection to Starbuck but does not know her identity. Each night he may scan a human and ask if the human is Starbuck. He may also once during the game psychically interrupt Starbucks protection (prevent her from protecting one night).

Sequence:
1. Leoben interrupts Starbuck
2. Starbuck searches for player with the gun.
3. Starbuck protects
4. Cylons assassinate
5. Ellen gets nasty
6. D'Anna scans.
7. Athena scans
8. Leoben scans

Hours in the game day shift:
Day 1 -18 hours
Day 2 -18 hours
Day 3 -15 hours
Day 4+ -12 Hours

What does this mean?
Each Real day time (24 hours give or take an hour or 2) is 3 hours of game time

Translation:
Day 1 = 6 RL Days
Day 2 = 6 RL Days
Day 3 = 5 RL Days
Day 4 and on = 4 RL Days.

Weekends will be an extension of Friday or added to Monday.

So Day 1 would last 6 days plus weekends. If no lynch happens then everyone goes to bed and the night cycle starts.

Victory
Humans win by killing all the Cylons (except Athena & Galen if unconverted)
Cylons win by killing enough humans to make the sides even thus ensuring a cylon victory.(Athena counts toward humans. Galen counts toward humans if unconverted).
Last edited by Lassr on Fri May 14, 2010 4:03 pm, edited 38 times in total.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Re: BSG VI -Coming Soon - New rules-discuss

Post by Lassr »

1. kenetickid
2. Chaosraven
3. theohall
4. Newcastle
5. Remus West
6. Unagi
7. semaj
8. Grundbegriff
9. tru1cy
10. stessier
11. Isgrimnur
12. Scoop20906
13. Brendan
14. redrun
15. Mr. Bubbles
Last edited by Lassr on Fri May 14, 2010 3:42 pm, edited 9 times in total.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

Will the Civies be split 50/50 male/female (or as close as possible), or will it be assigned by random.org?

For Galen - if he is found by Athena, he stays human even if found later by D'Anna? If found by D'Anna, does he get the one time PM exchange? And does he then count for the Cylons?

Will a person be told if Ellen slept with them? (Not who she is, just that she slept with them.)

How many people is the rule set for?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

stessier wrote:Will the Civies be split 50/50 male/female (or as close as possible), or will it be assigned by random.org?
Unsure if I want it to be 50/50 for all the good guy or just let random org decide (which is the way I'm leaning)
For Galen - if he is found by Athena, he stays human even if found later by D'Anna? If found by D'Anna, does he get the one time PM exchange? And does he then count for the Cylons?
if found by Athena he stays a Cylon but for the human side even if found by D'Anna later.
if he is found first by D'Anna he then joins their side and will have access to the Cylon forum.
Will a person be told if Ellen slept with them? (Not who she is, just that she slept with them.)
Yes.
How many people is the rule set for?
we've been getting 11-12 players, so that's the goal.

Black Lives Matter
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Timing for powers: athena and evil cylon both find galen same night? ... Galen is sleeping with evil slut cylon when scanned? ... More questions l8r ...
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Chaosraven wrote:Timing for powers: athena and evil cylon both find galen same night? ... Galen is sleeping with evil slut cylon when scanned? ... More questions l8r ...
good question. I've been thinking about the scanned on the same night dilemma and I have not come to a conclusion yet. (edit: I think Athena will win out if scanned on the same night)

Ellen sleeping with Galen does not prevent any scans on him.

Black Lives Matter
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I understand what you are trying to do with the sexes but I think you need to be very careful not to break the game there. A lot of ways the sex of a player could be exploited. Heh he....sexualy exploited....he he. You need Baltar.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Remus West wrote:I understand what you are trying to do with the sexes but I think you need to be very careful not to break the game there. A lot of ways the sex of a player could be exploited. Heh he....sexualy exploited....he he. You need Baltar.
I know. I've been playing scenarios out in my head. And I'm not fond of the outcomes. That rule will probably disappear.

Black Lives Matter
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Lassr wrote:
Remus West wrote:I understand what you are trying to do with the sexes but I think you need to be very careful not to break the game there. A lot of ways the sex of a player could be exploited. Heh he....sexualy exploited....he he. You need Baltar.
I know. I've been playing scenarios out in my head.
no surprise there.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

*shudder* I can still hear the voices at night
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Chaosraven wrote:*shudder* I can still hear the voices at night
Sure, try and blame Lassr. I know the truth. I know you have been hearing those voices for years.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
stessier

Post by stessier »

Remus West wrote:
Sure, try and blame Lassr. I know the truth. I know you have been hearing those voices for years.
Well you did hide the speaker in his room, didn't you?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

stessier wrote:
Remus West wrote:
Well you did hide the speaker in his room, didn't you?
Room, car, bathroom shower, hell I even got that micro one in his inner ear. :twisted:
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Lassr wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:Timing for powers: athena and evil cylon both find galen same night? ... Galen is sleeping with evil slut cylon when scanned? ... More questions l8r ...
good question. I've been thinking about the scanned on the same night dilemma and I have not come to a conclusion yet. (edit: I think Athena will win out if scanned on the same night)

Ellen sleeping with Galen does not prevent any scans on him.
D'Anna will scan before Athena so the Cylons win him. Hopefully this will make him think a little harder about announcing his identity if he has not been swayed to one side or the other yet.

Black Lives Matter
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Note: when you're running signup, kinetickid wants in.
"Where are you off to?"

Kenetickid

Post by Kenetickid »

yea i missed the sign up for the lotr game going on but have been "Patiently' waiting for a new game.
The world is a swirling maelstrom of death and decay. It's inhabitants feed upon each other in a vile feast of flesh and blood. We should all live this way because it is the way of the universe that the strong survive and the weak PERISH!

Remember, Cthulhu saves too...........He just saves you for last.
Lassr

Re: BSG VI -After LotR - New rules-updated-sign ups

Post by Lassr »

guess I can start sign ups

Black Lives Matter
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

I guess you can
"Where are you off to?"

theohall

Post by theohall »

In - I will be like Unagi for this one. Moving between three states and changing commands.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

I doNt know
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

In - can I still vote to lynch Lassr this game?
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Grundbegriff wrote:I'll play if Semaj plays.
What is this nonsense? I suck at these games... :)
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

in
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Semaj wrote:
I want to make clear that there are no hard feelings. Anyone can make a mistake in these parts (as long as he's willing to suffer for it in perpetuity). ;)
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Semaj wrote:
I want to make clear that there are no hard feelings. Anyone can make a mistake in these parts (as long as he's willing to suffer for it in perpetuity). ;)
Like I said, it was a 50-50... I dont lose sleep over that decision, was irked I was wrong, but i'm willing to eat the harassment for it.

I just assumed you wanted a chance to get me back... (spoiler for grund)
Spoiler:
unless you already have... DUN DUN DUN (added for effect) And for all those reading, I have not, nor will I look at the damn spoiler forums, I'd have to sign up for it and then go read it and damned if I am not too lazy for that. It was my way of implying (godfather music starts)*smooch* "I know it was you, grund, you broke my heart...." lol... I didn't think you had hard feelings. I assume you are the same way in that you tend to try and forget the last game before the next game goes. Sometimes a good evil guy will bias me a little, but usually I just assume everyone is evil until proven otherwise :)
:ninja:

Fine fine

IN

Who am I to not give you your monthly dose of grund.... (which sounds way worse than intended)
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

in
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
stessier

Post by stessier »

In.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

This one seems easier to wrap my head around. In.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Isgrimnur wrote:This one seems easier to wrap my head around. In.
true. With fewer people playing I had to trim down the roles.

I never realized how complicated my game could be to others because I put it together, but when I play some of these other games with many rules I understand more clearly. Sometimes I just don't feel like trying to figure all the nuances of a complicated game. Like the LOTR game now, I love the concept but just didn't have the time now to dedicate myself to something different.

Black Lives Matter
theohall

Post by theohall »

Lassr wrote:

I never realized how complicated my game could be to others because I put it together, but when I play some of these other games with many rules I understand more clearly. Sometimes I just don't feel like trying to figure all the nuances of a complicated game. Like the LOTR game now, I love the concept but just didn't have the time now to dedicate myself to something different.
I almost did not sign up for the LOTR game for the reasons mentioned above. It seemed overly complex upon initial reading. Playing the ruleset has been quite different. The ruleset is simple in what needs to be done, but seems complex due to all the possibilities.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

theohall wrote:
Lassr wrote:

I almost did not sign up for the LOTR game for the reasons mentioned above. It seemed overly complex upon initial reading. Playing the ruleset has been quite different. The ruleset is simple in what needs to be done, but seems complex due to all the possibilities.
kind of the same with Scoops' Starship game. It took me half the game to get warmed up to the rules but once I did it wasn't so bad. It's that warm up period I dread sometimes.

Black Lives Matter
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Lassr wrote:Like the LOTR game now, I love the concept but just didn't have the time now to dedicate myself to something different.
Wait a second. You aren't playing in the LOTR game??

:shock: :lol:
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

put a pIN in me. OUCH!

No Baltar????? :shock:
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
stessier

Post by stessier »

I think roles are going to have to be added. He's getting a lot of us. And Baltar is too fun to leave out. :)
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Scoop20906 wrote:put a pIN in me. OUCH!

No Baltar????? :shock:
there is Ellen.

Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

Lassr wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:No Baltar????? :shock:
there is Ellen.
So not the same!
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

stessier wrote:
Lassr wrote:
there is Ellen.
So not the same!
Baltar and Ellen in the same game...if they hooked up....well I could not be blamed for the consequences!

Black Lives Matter
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Lassr wrote:
stessier wrote:
Lassr wrote:
there is Ellen.
So not the same!
Baltar and Ellen in the same game...if they hooked up....well I could not be blamed for the consequences!
am sure you'd get a kick out of writing those PM's to the players....and those poor players...oh the hu-manatee
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

I would like to participate in said aforementioned BSG game.