The Dark Knight - Fade to Black

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Remus West

Re: The Dark Knight - Fade to Black

Post by Remus West »

stessier wrote:
Lassr wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:The funny for me was lassr practically handing batmans identity to me.
wait, what?

was it when I stated I thought he was acting good?
or when batman wanted to scan Unagi instead of Remus?
I think it was the Unagi over Remus scan. And the time you made a list and said you thought Remus was probably good what did Chaos think.

I still think the funny part was Chaos' first inclination was to scan Remus.
CR told me it was when he said he thought I was good.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Brendan wrote:
Unagi wrote:
Brendan wrote:In fact, *that* you survived should've been hint enough that I wasn't the bad guy. God, why didn't I mention that again and more often earlier?
I mean, you are joking - right? right?!
Ha. No - I'm not.

Clearly I would've killed you overnight were I the bad guy, because you had already expressed your clear intent for killing me on the following day, while happy-go-lucky Scoop was agnostic. It would've been insanely stupid to leave you alive.
So, as an evil player you would be totally unable to perform an act that would result in you saying 'why would I do that, if I were evil?'

c'mon.
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

he may have... but considering how he did exactly what he said the entire game, announcing his moves... he'da played the most amazing bad guy ever and shoulda been rewarded with a win :)
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Semaj wrote:he may have... but considering how he did exactly what he said the entire game, announcing his moves... he'da played the most amazing bad guy ever and shoulda been rewarded with a win :)
That would be funny.

Brendan - "I'm going to kill you. And then you. And then you. And then I'll eat your brains. And then I'll kill you and win."

Rest of group - "He's a Special just trying to stay alive."

Brendan - :twisted:
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

sigh.... always sad to come home to my browser, left on the page where I had yet to decide...

I really can't tell you how many times I nearly came in an just voted Lagom off. I'm really kicking myself.
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

i got yelled at for taking my time.. lol...

Dont be afraid to take a day or so while they argue amongst themselves, or avoiding the boards completely to cleanse your mind of everything then read through and see if you missed anything huge..
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Unagi wrote:sigh.... always sad to come home to my browser, left on the page where I had yet to decide...

I really can't tell you how many times I nearly came in an just voted Lagom off. I'm really kicking myself.
unagi - i feel for ya...i've been there before where hours earlier you were in the midst of weighing one way V. another....the bad guys played a pretty good game, and the fact that lagom could spoof alfred w/out impunity really gave him an edge and he played it all the way down to the end. You win some you lose some.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Tough choice at the end and you weren't alone in leaning toward Brendan. Only Lassr left the game saying he'd push for a Lagom lynch. Everyone else had Lagom under the "Shocked if true" heading.

Best way to get over it, Unagi, is get in the next game and get some revenge! :)
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

i was pretty solid on Lagum being evil :)
Scoop20906

Re: The Dark Knight - Act 2

Post by Scoop20906 »

Remus West wrote:As I said in the spoiler thread, it was mostly the combination of events that did him in. Had I come forward but there be no shot he likely would have been fine as we may have felt they saw through our deception of Rachel/Batman. Only after Scoop - who obviously had no potential protection - was also forced forward (and I owe Scoop an apology I already gave Lassr. Lassr said he felt you were good but I couldn't get around how little sense your actions made to me. By product of our different approaches to these games really) was it noticeable that the Sniper was not around.
Remus, there is no need for an apology. I goaded you into your vote on me. I had no rationale for my bandwagon against you and in fact that was my very plan. Push a stupid bandwagon and see if I could get someone to jump on. I knew if the heat got turned up on me I could claim my role and save myself for a time. You or others don't have to agree with the plan I had. I was never looking for people to agree with me. I simply played the game the way I wanted to.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Remus West wrote:
stessier wrote:
Lassr wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:The funny for me was lassr practically handing batmans identity to me.
wait, what?

was it when I stated I thought he was acting good?
or when batman wanted to scan Unagi instead of Remus?
I think it was the Unagi over Remus scan. And the time you made a list and said you thought Remus was probably good what did Chaos think.

I still think the funny part was Chaos' first inclination was to scan Remus.
CR told me it was when he said he thought I was good.
figures, but I also didn't want you steamrolled and have to come out on day one. Fought off the wolves until day 2 at least.

I also tried to make it fairly evident I could be Rachel early on, because I didn't think the bad guys would kill Rachel in fear of two-face. Remus disagreed with me though, and after reading the bad guys forum I see they were flip flopping also on killing Rachel if found.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Semaj wrote:i got yelled at for taking my time.. lol...

Dont be afraid to take a day or so while they argue amongst themselves, or avoiding the boards completely to cleanse your mind of everything then read through and see if you missed anything huge..
Yes, but you did choose wisely in the end so you were partly forgiven. :D
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Scoop20906 wrote:
Remus West wrote:As I said in the spoiler thread, it was mostly the combination of events that did him in. Had I come forward but there be no shot he likely would have been fine as we may have felt they saw through our deception of Rachel/Batman. Only after Scoop - who obviously had no potential protection - was also forced forward (and I owe Scoop an apology I already gave Lassr. Lassr said he felt you were good but I couldn't get around how little sense your actions made to me. By product of our different approaches to these games really) was it noticeable that the Sniper was not around.
Remus, there is no need for an apology. I goaded you into your vote on me. I had no rationale for my bandwagon against you and in fact that was my very plan. Push a stupid bandwagon and see if I could get someone to jump on. I knew if the heat got turned up on me I could claim my role and save myself for a time. You or others don't have to agree with the plan I had. I was never looking for people to agree with me. I simply played the game the way I wanted to.
That was the point though, your play pretty much screamed "special" at one point to both Lassr and myself. I should have trusted my first instinct as well as Lassr's continued thinking and left it be. Of course we probably wouldn't have nailed Theo that day if I had but still.....
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Remus West wrote: Of course we probably wouldn't have nailed Theo that day if I had but still.....
sing with me: Always look on the bright side of life <whistles>

your mistrust of scoop led to the capture of theohall!

Black Lives Matter
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Lassr wrote:
Remus West wrote: Of course we probably wouldn't have nailed Theo that day if I had but still.....
sing with me: Always look on the bright side of life <whistles>

your mistrust of scoop led to the capture of theohall!
I prefer to chant my mantra "just because you are paranoid does not mean they are not out to get you."
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Remus West wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:
That was the point though, your play pretty much screamed "special" at one point to both Lassr and myself. I should have trusted my first instinct as well as Lassr's continued thinking and left it be. Of course we probably wouldn't have nailed Theo that day if I had but still.....
Yep, I was trying to draw the baddies scans since I was the only "unscannable" special.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
stessier

Post by stessier »

Scoop20906 wrote:Yep, I was trying to draw the baddies scans since I was the only "unscannable" special.
Alfred was unscannable, but he was dead and all, so good plan!
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Scoop20906 wrote:Yep, I was trying to draw the baddies scans since I was the only "unscannable" special.
Ah, so that was what you were doing. I gotta tell you, I was seriously confused by your play. And we did try to find Batman on you, so... well done!

Unagi, don't sweat it. Brendan had a lot going against him. Other players' assessments, circumstance surrounding myself, Lassr dying just before pushing against me, us being lucky with Newcastle. I was pretty worried that you would see it come final day but even had you voted for me instead, we the bad guys would have gone out in style so I was in a pretty good mood.

I thought the good guys played a phenomenal game, very coordinated. I mean just look at the bandwagons against theohall and Mr Bubbles. Smooooth... I was ever so pissed! :)
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Good game, everyone.

Congratulations, Lagom Lite. Well played. I have a blindspot for you-as-evil, I guess. And it seems I too easily come to regard Brendan as evil. Probably because of his corporate overlord. ;)

Everything I said in this game about my role, my circumstances, the extent of my neglect, and my then-current guesses was true. The only exception to this was that I did switch my guesses on Brendan and Lassr in the rosters to introduce confusion about why I was persecuting Brendan. (My vote against Lassr during the 'this stinks of Lassr' passage was a feint to see whether it was possible to draw fire on him; I believed him good at that point).

All in all, this instance of Werewolf stumped me. I seldom had a vision of the state, and the visions I did have were largely mistaken.

Even so, it was a good bit of fun-- especially the denouement, in which a perfectly innocent Brendan tried to help Unagi to see the light while a perfectly evil Lagom grew ever more overt and defiant with impunity. Great ending.

Good job with the anti-Remus probe, Scoop, and with the attempt to draw useless scans. I thought you might be doing something like that (mainly because you said at one point that you were doing something like that. I'm not going to hunt for the link.)

I think one important lesson to take from this is that we shouldn't be so paranoid when tru1cy deviates from what our preconceptions say must be true of him. It turns out he was just playing a bit more actively and just seeking to stay in the game. Nothing wrong with that in general, so it shouldn't be a red flag just because tru1cy-the-usually-quiet goes there.

Semaj seemed sane in this game. Isn't that supposed to mean he's evil? There's another bit of profiling out the window. ;)

At least we can count on this: a sane, participatory, carefully ezmating Bubbles is, as suspected, evil!
theohall

Post by theohall »

Just so everyone knows... I hadn't even read the board between the posts and dying. The post after the completed lynch vote was the first opportunity available. Lagom and LL were posting on "The Asylum" - bad guy forum - trying to get me to shoot which I also never saw until too late. Work went absolutely nuts with broken stuff in the important back ends of airplanes. Anyway - IMO, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the way Remus and crew approached it. If someone commits to playing and vanishes, regardless of reason, and the rest of you can figure out something about that individual by their absence, tough beans for that person. The spirit of the game includes actually being present. If it were an IRL game and someone stands there and says nothing with outings all around them which would usually generate some action, the same thing would happen. Extended silence makes one a target - and rightly so. It was just unfortunate timing for me.

Well played LL. I did screw up though providing info which led to Mr Bubbles getting killed.

Unagi is too darn good at reading me sometimes, but other times he gets it completely wrong.

Looks like we're out in Spaceship again. When did Gotham City acquire space flight? :)
theohall

Post by theohall »

Question: Say I hadn't disappeared when the outing happend and actually been posting. What then? Still think it would've been a bad guy win, but probably a bit more quickly.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

theohall wrote:Question: Say I hadn't disappeared when the outing happend and actually been posting. What then? Still think it would've been a bad guy win, but probably a bit more quickly.
I agree. I doubt you get caught. We may have gone after LL that round though as he was on Lassr and my radar - we mentioned it briefly - but all that would have done is made him claim Alfred a day sooner. I think the both of you would have survived. Scoop would have been shot which would have cost us a miss and ended the game even more quickly.

Had you folks been wrong about Semaj you would have lost.
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Grundbegriff wrote:And it seems I too easily come to regard Brendan as evil. Probably because of his corporate overlord. ;)
A totally reasonable conclusion - it should be noted that I failed my annual cunningness review though. I don't even look that evil - no goatee or archly curled eyebrow.
theohall

Post by theohall »

Brendan wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:And it seems I too easily come to regard Brendan as evil. Probably because of his corporate overlord. ;)
A totally reasonable conclusion - it should be noted that I failed my annual cunningness review though. I don't even look that evil - no goatee or archly curled eyebrow.
So I'm guessing you rolled a 3 for Cunning and then received a -2 Cunning Cursed Ring you can't remove. :)
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Brendan wrote: failed my annual cunningness review though. .
and of course, I of all people would miss read that as cunnilingus review.

Black Lives Matter
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Remus West wrote: Had you folks been wrong about Semaj you would have lost.
But we weren't so lets just drop that line of questioning. We were never wrong. In all seriousness this game required that we maximized our scans and kills as well as possible to stand a decent chance. This game could have easily played out much different.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
stessier

Post by stessier »

Lassr wrote:
Brendan wrote: failed my annual cunningness review though. .
and of course, I of all people would miss read that as cunnilingus review.
And I'm sure you were the only one. :ninja:
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Remus West wrote:Had you folks been wrong about Semaj you would have lost.
It was a bit of a risk but we felt we needed to take out Gordon. Semaj just screamed Special the whole game.
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
juliakmartine

Post by juliakmartine »

I feel very horror when i see two face first time it's look so.....
when Harvey Dent created when Batman chose to save Dent and leave Rachel to Commissioner Gordon. i know its nothing more than a coin flip and he has cast himself in the roles of jury, judge, and executioner. Knowing he can never get true justice for Rachel, he will settle for judging those responsible for her death.
Last edited by LawBeefaroni on Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please don't put wow gold spam in sig. Thx.
jan1213

Post by jan1213 »

fade to spam...
Last edited by Arcanis on Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spam