The Dark Knight - Fade to Black

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

stessier

The Dark Knight - Fade to Black

Post by stessier »

Good Guys
  1. Enlarge Image
  2. Bruce Wayne / Batman - Psycologically damaged at a young age when he witnessed the murder of his parents, Bruce Wayne has grown to be a playboy, industrialist, and philanthropist by day while spending his nights playing a Super Hero without any Super Powers. Dressed in molded body armor and a stylish black cape, this Dark Knight will not rest until the people of Gotham City are safe from masked men. Er, evil masked men.
    • Each night, can spy on one person and see if they are the Joker.
    • Immune to sniping while Lucius lives
    • Can PM with Rachel

Enlarge Image
  3. Rachel Dawes - An Assistant District Attorney in Gotham City, Rachel is also a childhood friend of Bruce Wayne. Upon learning of Bruce's alter ego, Rachel placed Bruce firmly in the friend zone until he agreed to give up his night job for good. In the meantime, she is swept up in a work place romance with the current District Attorney Harvey Dent and eventually engaged. Knowing that a girl has to keep her options open, however, Rachel has both Bruce and Harvey on her speed dial.
    • Can PM with Batman
    • Can PM with Harvey Dent

Enlarge Image
  4. Alfred Thaddeus Crane Pennyworth - The Wayne family butler, Alfred has known Bruce for his entire life. After the death of Bruce's parents, Alfred developed an extremely close (some say fatherly - others just snicker) relationship with Bruce. A true renaissance man, Alfred has continued to advance his learning so that he is now able to maintain the Wayne estate, the Bat Cave, and act as Bruce's personal physician when ointment application is required. True to the legend of hired help everywhere, however, Alfred's most valuable skill is his ability to learn the truth about anyone from his vast network of gossip mongers.
    • Each night, can learn the role of one person in the morgue.

Enlarge Image
  5. Commissioner James W. Gordon, Sr. - Commissioner of the Gotham City Police Department, Gordon's main goal in life is to protect the people of Gotham from evil. Selfless to a fault, Gordon has often said he would even be willing to take a bullet for another. Understanding the crucial difference between "selfless" and "stupid", Gordon never leaves the house without his bulletproof vest.
    • Protects one person each night, but not same person on consecutive nights.
    • Being an excellent detective, he Will know if the protection was successful.
    • Will automatically protect Harvey Dent one time from sniper and be reborn next day (can't be killed the night of death and doesn't get a vote during the day he's dead)
    • If he is protecting the target of Two Face, and the coin flip says the target dies, then Gordon dies in the target's place.
    • If the coin flip says the target lives, both target and Gordon live.

Enlarge Image
  6. Lucius Fox - As the Business Manager for Wayne Enterprises and the Wayne Estate, Lucius took a crumbling empire and made it profitable once more. Bruce's confidant, Lucius is responsible for developing the techonogy that keeps the Dark Knight alive. Realizing which side his bread is buttered on, Lucius frequently works through the night to safeguard his Boss' wellbeing.
    • Ostensibly developed to fight "terrorism", the Wayne Enterprise's Full Body Scanner can be focused on one player each night to look for a Sniper Rifle.
    • As far as you know, all images are deleted at sunrise.

Enlarge Image
  7. Harvey Dent - The District Attorney for Gotham City, Harvey is believed to be the Gotham's most honest citizen and has been called the White Knight. Never one to sidestep the hard jobs, Dent currently as an open investigation into corruption in the Gotham Police Department. In his free time, he fantasizes about his upcoming nuptials with the love of his life, Rachel Dawes. In a quiet moment, Dent has admitted to himself that if Rachel ever left him for any reason, he would go insane. Literally.
    • Each night, examines the DA files on one citizen looking for the corrupt cop - Ramirez.
    • Can PM with Rachel to his heart's desire
    • Becomes Two Face if Rachel is Killed

Out for Revenge

Enlarge Image
Two Face - The psycopath formerly known as Harvey Dent created when Batman chose to save Dent and leave Rachel to Commissioner Gordon. As a former DA, Two Face knows justice is nothing more than a coin flip and he has cast himself in the roles of jury, judge, and executioner. Knowing he can never get true justice for Rachel, he will settle for judging those responsible for her death.
  • If Rachel killed by the lynch mob, Two Face hunts for Batman & Gordon
  • If Rachel killed by the Joker's mob, Two Face hunts for Joker, Batman, & Gordon
  • Hunt is performed by kidnapping one player each night and interogating them.
    • If a powered player found - Two Face learns their role
    • Hunt Targets are immediately killed
    • All other Powered Good and Bad players have a 50/50 chance of death (determined by random.org)
    • Civilians are never harmed
  • Will win game when Targets are dead

Bad Guys
  1. Enlarge Image
  2. The Joker - The Joker has his picture in the dictionary next to psycopath. Intent on creating as much chaos as possible, the Joker is the perfect villan for a powerless Super Hero in that he has no innate power other than that of his warped imagination. For entertainment, he has decided to rule Gotham City and knows that he must first eliminate the uncorruptible District Attorney and the chief vigilante. He hasn't been this excited since the day he got his beautiful smile...
    • Each night, chooses which citizen to kill
    • After the kill, the Joker uses his underworld gang to learn if a living citizen is either Batman and Harvey Dent
    • Can PM with other Bad Guys

Enlarge Image
  3. Sniper - When the Joker broke into the Gotham City jail looking for recruits, this imposing figure agreed to join his gang as part of its innovatve "work release" program. Convicted of jaywalking and sentenced to life in prison by a city fed up with crime, this once model citizen is out for revenge on the guy who brought him in and has been entrusted with a sniper rifle to do so. Failing that, he'll be perfectly content to take out anyone eligible for jury duty.
    • After the Joker's kill, uses the underworld network to search for Commissioner Gordon
    • One time during the game, may use his gun to shoot one citizen. Unsurprisingly, there will be no eye witnesses willing to identify the shooter.

Enlarge Image
  4. Officer Ramirez - Early in her career, Officer Ramirez was smitten by the youngest DA is Gotham City history. Eventually working up the courage to approach Dent, her offer was politely declined as she learned he was already engaged to that hussy Rachel. Approached by the Joker's minions a short time later, she could think of no better way to get revenge than joining his gang. Now she uses the Gotham PD to identify the gangs victims all the while hoping to one day find her arch nemesis.
    • Before the Joker's kill increases activity in the department, Ramirez can scan the files on one of the resident's of the morgue.
    • After the Joker's kill, she can use the department to investigate one citizen to determine and learn if they are that hussy Rachel Dawes

The order of precedence for choosing the Night kill is
  1. The Joker
  2. The Sniper
  3. Officer Ramirez

The Citizens
Enlarge Image
The inhabitants of Gotham City are a motely bunch who really want nothing more than to go about their pathetic little lives in peace. Now that the Joker is in town, this simple wish is clearly nothing more than a pipe dream and all of their energies are spent making sure they are alive to wake up each morning.

Victory Conditions
  • Good wins with the elimination of Team Joker.
  • Team Joker wins when their number match or exceed the number of Good Guys (Two-Face counts for Good).
  • Two-Face wins when his targets are eliminated (Batman/Gordon or Batman/Gordon/Joker).
After each lynch, it will be announced if the player was
  • A Citizen
  • A Criminal
Two Face & Havey Dent will show as a Citizen.

General Information
  • The only votes that will be counted are those made using the  accuse tag 

• Please highlight all questions to the Mod in red.
2010 Gotham Census
  1. tru1cy
  2. Mr Bubbles
  3. Scoop20906
  4. Chaosraven
  5. Newcastle
  6. Lagom Lite
  7. Lassr
  8. Remus West
  9. Grundbegriff
  10. theohall
  11. Unagi
  12. Semaj
  13. Isgrimnur
  14. Brendan
Last edited by stessier on Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:17 pm, edited 18 times in total.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
stessier

The Dark Knight - Episode 1

Post by stessier »

Enlarge Image

Page 01: Opening Credits
Page 01: Act 1
Page 12: End Act 1
Page 12: Act 2
Page 18: End Act 2
Page 19: Act 3
Page 22: End Act 3
Page 23: Act 4
Page 25: End Act 4
Last edited by stessier on Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:28 pm, edited 6 times in total.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Remus West

Re: The Dark Knight - Episode 1 - Roles going out shortly

Post by Remus West »

outgoing
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
theohall

Post by theohall »

introverted
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

paranoid depressive
It's almost as if people are the problem.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Roles are out! Let me know if you didn't get one.

Night will officially begin once every one has picked up their PM's and I post the intro story.
tru1cy

Re: The Dark Knight - Episode 1 - Roles are out

Post by tru1cy »

BOO
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Checking In.
I'm here.

Geez, where's Unagi and Lassr?

Sure would be nice if those guys posted more often.

I've got like a Zillion times as many posts in the game so far :wink:
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Dude, so does tru1cy!!!!

What is this world coming to?
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Stupid villains and vigilantes making my insurance rates go up...
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Chaosraven wrote:Checking In.
I'm here.

Geez, where's Unagi and Lassr?

Sure would be nice if those guys posted more often.

I've got like a Zillion times as many posts in the game so far :wink:
miss me already?
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
theohall

Post by theohall »

Hi!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

So are we starting in the day or night cycle?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Isgrimnur wrote:So are we starting in the monthly cycle?
Ewwwww.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
theohall

Post by theohall »

Good question. Stessier?

Another one - would you like questions for the Mod highlighted
stessier

Post by stessier »

Isgrimnur wrote:So are we starting in the day or night cycle?
Starting with the night cycle. I'll roll it as quick as possible once I have the orders (since the night cycle doesn't even start until everyone has their PM, I don't think this should give anyone information).
theohall wrote:Another one - would you like questions for the Mod highlighted
Yes, that would be good.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Checking in

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Is this when you guys do all your anagrams to indicate your role later on? Or do you save that for the second page?
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Brendan wrote:Is this when you guys do all your anagrams to indicate your role later on? Or do you save that for the second page?
Y35
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Hmm.

Yes was a prog rock band, but Harvey Dent wasn't a progressive-minded DA (politically), so that's out. Oh, but they were founded by Chris Squire. Chris Squire shares a first name with Christian Bale...!!

Am I doing it right?
theohall

Post by theohall »

Brendan wrote:Is this when you guys do all your anagrams to indicate your role later on? Or do you save that for the second page?
whY arE you aSking? ShouldN't you knOw this already? Just because you were skipping class for the past couple of months is no reason to forget the curriculum.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

zomg this was my first chance to check in.. I sure hope that didn't raise suspicion. But seriously...I'm pretty excited. I just hope I live past the first night.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Mr Bubbles wrote:seriously
Why so serious? Trying to tell us something? :P
stessier

Post by stessier »

Only 2 people still haven't picked up their roles.
theohall

Post by theohall »

stessier wrote:Only 2 people still haven't picked up their roles.
It is Harvey Dent/Two Face? :P
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Remus West wrote:
Mr Bubbles wrote:seriously
Why so serious? Trying to tell us something? :P
I didn't know there was a monkey role in this game.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I can only image that the fellows who are Batman and Joker are killing themselves to not roleplay their roles. :twisted:
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Purple monkey dishwasher! Wash thy soldier! eheehahaHOOHOOHEEHEE!!!

Am I the Joker... or am I only JOKING? :twisted:
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Scoop20906 wrote:I can only image that the fellows who are Batman and Joker are killing themselves to not roleplay their roles. :twisted:
"Who are you?"

"I want you to tell all your friends about me..."
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
stessier

The Dark Knight - Opening Credits

Post by stessier »

Enlarge Image

By day, the streets of Gotham City are no different than those of any other large city. Important people walk with purpose intent on doing important things. Petty criminals carry out petty crimes. Babies are born, mothers weep and fathers beam with pride.

Enlarge Image

By night, the City sleeps in peace, safe in the knowledge that a mysterious Caped Crusader will guard them from harm.

This night, however, will be different.

Enlarge Image

A new force has entered Gotham bringing with him promises of chaos and mayhem.

Enlarge ImageEnlarge Image

The once familiar and comforting signal soon lights up the night sky - a call to battle for the agents of Law and Order as they marshal their forces to meet this new threat. Cowering in their beds, important people, petty criminals, mothers, fathers, and babies alike pray that their heroes come through quickly before the death toll rises so high that all hope is lost.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Boilerplate:
  • Batman - who will you scan for the Joker?
  • Alfred - who will you scan in the morgue?
  • Commissioner - who will you protect?
  • Lucius - where will you look for the Sniper?
  • Harvey - who will you investigate for Ramirez?

• Two Face - who will you kidnap and interrogate?

• Joker - where will you look for Batman/Harvey?
  • Sniper - where will you look for the Commissioner?
  • Ramirez - who will you investigate for being Rachel?
  • Bad Guys - who will you kill?
Last edited by stessier on Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

stessier wrote:Fascinating intro story to be pasted here once the kids are in bed.

Game on!

It is night.

Boilerplate order questions to follow.
random comment clue inserted random comment baseless accusation
"Where are you off to?"

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Chaosraven wrote:
stessier wrote:Fascinating intro story to be pasted here once the kids are in bed.

Game on!

It is night.

Boilerplate order questions to follow.
random comment clue inserted random comment baseless accusation
OMG you're the Riddler!!! :shock:
Is there anyone in hell?

Scoop20906

Re: The Dark Knight - Opening Credits - Game On!

Post by Scoop20906 »

Does anyone realize how hard it is for me not to scream out IM BATMA cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, hack, wheezee....

God, how does Bale do that horrible voice?
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Scoop20906 wrote:Does anyone realize how hard it is for me not to scream out IM BATMA cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, hack, wheezee....

And now I know who I am rooting for to die tonight :)
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Semaj wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:Does anyone realize how hard it is for me not to scream out IM BATMA cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, hack, wheezee....

And now I know who I am rooting for to die tonight :)
All you have to do is look at Scoops Avatar to realize he's cross a RP'ing line that he will never return from. I fear for him.
Bertrand Russell
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

we could have an intervention!

and get it on lifetime or something!
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Processing...
stessier

The Dark Knight - Act 1

Post by stessier »

After a peaceful night, the city awakes with a

Enlarge Image

Enlarge Image

The Gotham City News later reported that only one person was killed in the blast - Mr. Newcastle. Funeral services are on hold for the duration of the crisis.

In other news, a lynch mob is forming in the streets in an attempt to take back the Gotham City. The police are powerless to stop them. It looks like someone will die before the sun sets.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

2010 Gotham Census - Updated
  1. tru1cy
  2. Mr Bubbles
  3. Scoop20906
  4. Chaosraven
  5. Newcastle
  6. Lagom Lite
  7. Lassr
  8. Remus West
  9. Grundbegriff
  10. theohall
  11. Unagi
  12. Semaj
  13. Isgrimnur
  14. Brendan
Boilerplate
  • Sniper - will you shoot someone?
  • Lynch mob - get 7 of you to agree and "thy will be done"
Unagi

Re: The Dark Knight - Act 1

Post by Unagi »

We have to ask: Why Newcastle? :lol:
theohall

Re: The Dark Knight - Act 1

Post by theohall »

Unagi wrote:We have to ask: Why Newcastle? :lol:
Someone must not like