The Dark Knight - Fade to Black

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Brendan

Re: The Dark Knight - Thrilling Conclusion

Post by Brendan »

Lagom, you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

:binky: :pop: :binky:
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Scoop20906 wrote: :binky: :pop: :binky:
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Brendan wrote:In this alternate universe of yours, where I'm Ramirez (and, to be clear, you've backed yourself into a corner by claiming that both the Joker and the sniper are definitively dead, leaving only Ramirez as the option), why would I continue to pretend that I'm a citizen from start to finish, rather than use my knowledge to spoof another role? Stupidity?
You tell me. Hiding among the unpowered isn't exactly controversial. Why would you spoof a role when you could claim to be an unpowered Citizen?
Brendan wrote:Lagom, you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster.
Heh, thanks, but this game I'm just an aging cockney codger. :)

People on these boards really give me too much credit. While flattering, I've only really played a single game well - my first one. I've never played against you before, Brendan, so I can't tell much from how you post and play yet, but I'm learning. Hopefully you'll get to play an innocent next game so I can compare styles a bit.

It's edu-tainment!
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

[quote="Lagom Lite"
You tell me. Hiding among the unpowered isn't exactly controversial. Why would you spoof a role when you could claim to be an unpowered Citizen?[/quote]

Well, if I'd had the knowledge of who was dead, I'd have known exactly who I had the opportunity to spoof; pretending to be a citizen would get you *to* the endgame, but not through it.
Brendan wrote:Lagom, you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster.
Hopefully you'll get to play an innocent next game so I can compare styles a bit.
You just say stuff like this to drive me crazy. :D
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Brendan wrote:
Lagom Lite wrote: You tell me. Hiding among the unpowered isn't exactly controversial. Why would you spoof a role when you could claim to be an unpowered Citizen?
Well, if I'd had the knowledge of who was dead, I'd have known exactly who I had the opportunity to spoof; pretending to be a citizen would get you *to* the endgame, but not through it.
Hopefully you'll get to play an innocent next game so I can compare styles a bit.
You just say stuff like this to drive me crazy. :D
Reposted without screwing up the brackets.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Every re-read, I honestly can convince myself of either of you being the last evil.

So, not really an enviable position I find myself in... Still, it's just a game.

Reasons for evil Lagom:
  • just general shadow-play for the most part.
  • created very little data for us to measure against
  • Not in on any Bad Guy lynch
  • given a bit of a nod by Theohall's list
  • turned into a bit of a 'tease' at the end with some of his dialog with Brendan
  • So tempting, as Lagom could so easily have been sitting back and enjoying this last round of "Villagers" tearing themselves up.
Reasons for evil Brendan:
  • On my original list, very early - stayed there the whole damn game.
  • locked horns with Grund
  • Everyone in the game, at one point or another, found Brendan worthy of a lynch
  • Listed by Mr Bubbles as starting to smell evil
  • Was on every single Bad Guy lynch, and wants some credit for that.
  • Huge, major effort to push for the good-guy win. (see below, this can go both ways)
Reasons for good Lagom:
  • Actually claimed a role. He could have just as easily claimed 'Villager', and been under less scrutiny.
  • Actually had a few posts early that seemed a little like Alfred posts (IMO)
  • didn't use the Mr Bubbles scan to clear himself.
  • not on any Bad Guy lynch (I, unlike Brendan, don't see any reason a Good Guy would have automatically been on those lynches)
Reasons for good Brendan:
  • Played a very exposed game, risky
  • Not sure how accurate I am with this one: but for a while I felt Theohall's list served to paint Brendan as actually good, but that's perhaps a wrong read...
  • continued push to win (I know as a good guy, I often "keep fighting" until the end)

I've got a lot of buzzers going off telling me that Lagom is perhaps the last evil.
Sadly, I've also got a lot of buzzers going off that are a little more sick of being ignored than those Lagom-Buzzers - and they are telling me to lynch Brendan already and get this over with.

Lagom Lite, YOU WIN !!! Now let's see who else does.

Brendan 

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Well, after reading that tortured logic, I no longer feel responsible for losing us the game. Unagi's solely to blame.
stessier

Post by stessier »

About time!

Writing... (What, like I was going to have two write ups ready to cover all eventualities? Does that sound like me??? :P)
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Unagi wrote: [*]continued push to win (I know as a good guy, I often "keep fighting" until the end)[/list]
I will always try to win the game for my team - I knew it was a lost cause to get you to pick correctly, but I had to make the effort.
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Unagi wrote:Reasons for good Lagom:
[*]Actually had a few posts early that seemed a little like Alfred posts (IMO)
[*]didn't use the Mr Bubbles scan to clear himself.
He was Ramirez, so the fact that he sounded like Alfred was, well, natural.

And, again, there was no way to positively identify him after Chaosraven was dead, so he had no need to use a Bubbles scan for any other purpose. He was hiding in plain sight.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Brendan wrote:Well, after reading that tortured logic, I no longer feel responsible for losing us the game. Unagi's solely to blame.
yeah. :roll:

there wasn't any logic really even in that list, was there? what logic did you find tortured?
Last edited by Unagi on Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Just trying to deflect my rage. :D
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Now that I think about it, this is basically the reverse of the BSG game we played - the one where I, the valiant good guy, kept bleating over and over again about you, the evil cylon, only to be ignored.

Lesson for the future, everyone! I am always right! :lol:
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Unagi wrote:
Brendan wrote:Well, after reading that tortured logic, I no longer feel responsible for losing us the game. Unagi's solely to blame.

there wasn't any logic really even in that list, was there? what logic did you find tortured?
As I have repeatedly noted, your whole "he could've taken advantage of Bubbles' death but didn't" line of reasoning makes no sense.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Brendan wrote:And, again, there was no way to positively identify him after Chaosraven was dead, so he had no need to use a Bubbles scan for any other purpose. He was hiding in plain sight.
You say these things as if they were ever lost on me. They weren't - but - clearly, one needed to make a choice.

Honestly, it was you cool , sober approach to all the things that came your way that ultimately made me feel you were not just some villager. That's really at the heart of it. Lagom, Very Much, looked potenially guilty - you need NOT point it out Brendan. You just looked guilty, for longer, to more people...
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

One person's "guilty" is another person's "displaying helpful and cogent logical thought processes that lead, inexorably, to good decisions."
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Brendan wrote:
Unagi wrote:

As I have repeatedly noted, your whole "he could've taken advantage of Bubbles' death but didn't" line of reasoning makes no sense.
Relax, that in NO WAY cleared him to me.... I thought I had also said that this could have been because he didn't want to look 'too greedy' and that he was evil because of it... but it just struck me as a 'mild point' that went perhaps a little in his favor. And , yes - I also flipped it a few times and said "But damn, he probably didn't DARE clear himself like that...." But you can't let a moment like that simply CONDEM him, because - Lagom as Alfred - this would have been exactly the scenario he had no choice but to share.... (That Mr B was the Joker, for instance...)
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

gratz lagom

Voting is over right?

Hey Unagi...

Quick question for you... If it had been Lagom and anyone else who would voted for? If it had been Brandan any anyone else who would you have voted for?

I havent read the spoilers at all. Nor do I need to to know who won this one, lol.

Maybe next time guys :)
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Unagi, when I read your lists in my head with a spooky disembodied voice attempting to act without partiality, as though hearing a schizophrenic fever dream, your points against Lagom are much stronger than your points against me. He didn't participate in killing theo. He said nothing controversial. He affected a role that was the easiest possible one for him to spoof. Your vote for me was preordained from the first day, so it was a no brainer who he'd pick to go into this final day.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Semaj wrote:gratz lagom

Voting is over right?

Hey Unagi...

Quick question for you... If it had been Lagom and anyone else who would voted for? If it had been Brandan any anyone else who would you have voted for?

I havent read the spoilers at all. Nor do I need to to know who won this one, lol.

Maybe next time guys :)
I had Lassr and you in my "Good Guy" column for basically the whole game. Brendan was, as I said, always on my list.

Not sure if that answers your question.

Brendan, in my mind - flashed signs of Good, but only rarely - and it was my 'generosity' that I felt was extending that to him.
Lagom, in my mind - flashed evil a bunch, but I really couldn't feel bothered by it as much as being bothered by Brendan.
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

I think he's asking if Grund or tru1cy had survived instead of me, whether you'd have considered voting for Lagom.
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Aye....

One of those things I always debate about when I magically make it to a final day is why... I then debate who I should be voting for... unless its obvious the bad guys think I'm the one everyone else will vote for. In this game I'll take a bit of the blame though... screwed up my protections :)
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Brendan wrote:Unagi, when I read your lists in my head with a spooky disembodied voice attempting to act without partiality, as though hearing a schizophrenic fever dream, your points against Lagom are much stronger than your points against me. He didn't participate in killing theo. He said nothing controversial. He affected a role that was the easiest possible one for him to spoof. Your vote for me was preordained from the first day, so it was a no brainer who he'd pick to go into this final day.
Oh, I know. That bothered me too.

Also, you need to look back - (without knowing you are/were Good) You yourself seemed to "save Lagom" for last - but you had a few posts where it looked like you were preparing to jump on Lagom hard at the end "My real thoughts: we should lynch Lagom", way back when Grund was still dancing with you - for instance.

I had a lot of data to sift through. The fact that the vote took me this long, was mainly because I had to keep telling myself to stop wanting to vote for Lagom.
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Unagi wrote: Also, you need to look back - (without knowing you are/were Good) You yourself seemed to "save Lagom" for last - but you had a few posts where it looked like you were preparing to jump on Lagom hard at the end "My real thoughts: we should lynch Lagom", way back when Grund was still dancing with you - for instance.
That was me being lazy - I didn't want to bother going through pages of old posts to validate his claim. I took a "well, if Grund/Unagi/etc think it's good enough for them, I'm sure they did the heavy lifting, and I'll just go along with it."

Oops.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Brendan wrote:I think he's asking if Grund or tru1cy had survived instead of me, whether you'd have considered voting for Lagom.
Actually, I pretty much had Grund as good too. Perhaps if this had been Lagom vs Grund - I would have gone with Lagom
No way I would have handed the game to Tru1cy.
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Sigh. So, yes, I should've killed myself to let Grund get to the finale.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Well this is pretty entertaining, why is Brendan still acting like a good guy? I'm Alfred.
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Brendan wrote:
Unagi wrote: Also, you need to look back - (without knowing you are/were Good) You yourself seemed to "save Lagom" for last - but you had a few posts where it looked like you were preparing to jump on Lagom hard at the end "My real thoughts: we should lynch Lagom", way back when Grund was still dancing with you - for instance.
That was me being lazy - I didn't want to bother going through pages of old posts to validate his claim. I took a "well, if Grund/Unagi/etc think it's good enough for them, I'm sure they did the heavy lifting, and I'll just go along with it."

Oops.
Yeah, but you were gunning for Grund at the time - do you see how that made you look a little like "hey, lets figure out a way to say that I want them all dead"

You listing yourself before Lagom on that one 'priority list' of yours - that also did you NO favors.. OH - and before I forget - that damn 'self vote' and that stupid "no sudden moves" things, those were all very unneeded and created a ton of speculation as to your alignment. :wink: :D

It's all good - twas a fun game. :D
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Lagom Lite wrote:Well this is pretty entertaining, why is Brendan still acting like a good guy? I'm Alfred.
:roll:

Not possible, unless Unagi's duped us all (courtesy of Scoop, Lassr, and Remus.)
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Unagi wrote: OH - and before I forget - that damn 'self vote' and that stupid "no sudden moves" things, those were all very unneeded and created a ton of speculation as to your alignment.
I will defend the self vote as a completely reasonable (even necessary!) move.
stessier

The Dark Knight - Fade to Black

Post by stessier »

By Mob standards, it was a pretty civilized day. Unagi, Brendan, and Lagom sat around the KFC table with the Double Down in the center. Brendan started by quickly pushing the sandwhich at Lagom. Lagom retorted that it was clear Brendan should be the one to try it.

Unagi sat there and calmly reviewed everything he had ever seen and heard. There was time...always time.

Finally, as the sun was setting, he reached a decision. Brendan would be the one!

Resigned, Brendan picked up the Colonel's Concoction. Around the first bite, he complimented Lagom on his skill and treachery. Around the second, he berated Unagi for the twisted logic that led to this moment. Around the third bite, he keeled over...dead.

Silence.

One moment passed.

Then another.

Lagom finally broke the silence - "What are you waiting for all serious like, Unagi? We won - let's celebrate!"

"Well, I was kind of waiting to see if Brendan sprouted fur and turned into a werewolf, but that would really make much sense, now would it?" said Unagi.

"No - not really," said Lagom getting up from the table and heading outside. Unagi got up and followed him.

It was a beautiful day. The sun was shining and birds were singing.

Spoiler:
Unagi took in a deep breath and then stopped. "Wait a minute - what did you say?"

"When?"

"Back there at the table?"

"I just asked why are you being so serious."

A look of horror passed over Unagi.

"I mean, we won!" said Lagom as the bullet burst through Unagi's skull.

I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Unagi

Re: The Dark Knight - Fade to Black

Post by Unagi »

yeah yeah yeah,

sorry folks. :D :grund:
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

meh...

Wait till you see the spoilers, lol

I'm looking forward to em myself..
tru1cy

Post by tru1cy »

Lagom has just up moved on the lynch first list.
xbox live gamertag:Soulchilde
stessier

Post by stessier »

Cast of Characters
Spoiler:
Good Guys
  1. Bruce Wayne / Batman - played by Remus West
  2. Rachel Dawes - played by Lassr
  3. Alfred Thaddeus Crane Pennyworth - played by Newcastle
  4. Commissioner James W. Gordon, Sr. - played by Semaj
  5. Lucius Fox - played by Scoop20906
  6. Harvey Dent / Two Face - played by Chaosraven

Bad Guys
  1. The Joker - played by Mr Bubbles
  2. Sniper - played by theohall
  3. Officer Ramirez - played by Lagom Lite
The Citizens Chorus
  1. tru1cy
  2. Grundbegriff
  3. Unagi
  4. Isgrimnur
  5. Brendan
Spoiler Forum - give me a bit to change the permissions for all to see

GoogleDoc of night time activity.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

:doh:
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Lagom Lite wrote:Well this is pretty entertaining, why is Brendan still acting like a good guy? I'm Alfred.

:evil: :twisted: :evil:

/ghost waftes in and smacks Lagom in the head
"Would anyone like some tea?"
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

right before I died I was going to push for Lagom to die first then tru1cy. I had Brendan as the most likely good starting back about mid game. His arguments with Bubbles did not feel staged. I was on my way to presenting my case when I got the little PM that I was dead. Lot of luck and good timing for the bad guys. Bastards.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Ha, I even quoted that in the spoiler forum saying I hoped Unagi would read Lagom's sig line.

Black Lives Matter