• tru1cy acc Brendan (2)
  • Unagi acc tru1cy (2)
    Brendan wd Brendan (1)
  • Brendan acc tru1cy (3)
Against tru1cy (3): Lagom, Unagi, Brendan
Against Brendan(1): tru1cy

Votes required for offage: 3

No vote registered: Scoop
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
stessier

The Dark Knight - End Act 5

Post by stessier »

Whipped into a...well...mild state of irritation, the mob strolled up to tru1cy. He tried to make them see the light, stuck to what had worked in the past, but no one would listen. Irked, the mob poked him to death.
Spoiler:
A check of his residence yielded nothing of interest.

tru1cy was a Citizen.

The Mob sighed as it dispersed.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Boilerplate:
  • Batman - who will you scan for the Joker?
  • Alfred - who will you scan in the morgue?
  • Commissioner - who will you protect?
  • Lucius - where will you look for the Sniper?
  • Harvey - who will you investigate for Ramirez?

• Two Face - who will you kidnap and interrogate?

• Joker - where will you look for Batman/Harvey?
  • Sniper - where will you look for the Commissioner?
  • Ramirez - who will you investigate for being Rachel?
  • Bad Guys - who will you kill?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Brendan

Re: The Dark Knight - End Act 5

Post by Brendan »

Haha. Well, Lagom wins.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Scoop, for what it's worth...

I've just done a total re-read, looked for interactions between MrB/Theohall and Lagom/Brendan, and I gotta tell ya I can't shake the Brendan thing.

Frankly, very early on - Lagom actually does read a little like an Alfred that hadn't yet detected anything worth sharing.
Lagom Lite wrote:
Lassr wrote:maybe if/when Alfred finds one of our specials is dead then it would be a good time to come out. Otherwise silence means he's dead or no specials. How would we know which? We wouldn't, just like in every other game we play.
+1
Lagom Lite wrote:Well since no special scanner has come out I guess we can assume no (living) scanner has identified a bad guy yet. My tru1cy hunch is as good a guess as I can make at this point so I'm keeping my vote where it is for now.

:coffee:

Also, Mr Bubbles wasn't in hot water yet, but I don't think Mr Bubbles could resist:
Mr Bubbles wrote:The pool is narrowing down and they're starting to sweat. Lassr, Brendan, and Grund are all on my list.
He couldn't just list all good-guys, had to put a little down on Brendan.

Lot's of other little things like this, I'm happy to have kept him on the line so long, but I think tomorrow - which ever one of us that is alive, we should lynch Brendan. Letting you know my thoughts, just because I think it will be me that dies.
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

I'm 99% confident he'll kill Scoop tonight, particularly after that soliloquoy. He certainly won't kill me.

Lagom has made a bunch of claims that can't be falsified because we lacked the scanners to do so. Dent, the only one who could detect Ramirez, was dead from round 1.

Unagi, I know that you're inclined to "let" Lagom win because you feel like he's played things just right. If you'd prefer to, y'know, actually win for our team, you should consider voting for him with me. It's obviously not too late to win.

If you think back to the times that we played evil together, you'll remember how circumspect I was about making overt statements. I triple and quadruple checked all my logic on the bad guy board before posting. Does that seem like my demeanor in this game? :D
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Correction to my post - Dent wasn't dead from round 1. I just went back to make sure that it was impossible that Unagi was the bad guy (juuuuust to make sure), and I see that Remus says he was scanned by Batman and by Harvey on night one.
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Just to reiterate: Unagi, please, for me, vote for Lagom tomorrow. :cry:
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Lagom has been scanned to be "not the Joker".
We all feel that theohall was the sniper.

If Lagom is lying, he had the option to tell us that Mr Bubbles was the Joker or Ramirez.
He could have taken a big move by claiming that Mr Bubbles was Ramirez, but didn't.

Can be viewed from a few angles, but on it's surface (and so often, it turns out the surface is the surface) it doesn't seem like he made a move when he maybe could have.

Also, I don't think there is a player in this game that hasn't voted for you yet Brendan. That includes yourself.

Sometimes a duck.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Sorry tru1cy. :oops:

So it turns out Grund was right all along. Big surprise...

I don't have much to say other than I'd be shocked if both Scoop and Unagi make it through the night. If both of you survive, we win since I'll be killed. If one of you survive and join me in lynching Brendan tomorrow, we win.

Choose... :twisted:
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Brendan wrote:Just to reiterate: Unagi, please, for me, vote for Lagom tomorrow. :cry:
Terribly sure that Unagi is going to make it tonight, aren't we.

I have to give you kudos though, for dodging through the entire game like that with Grund right on your tail. You were never really on my radar either.
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
stessier

The Dark Knight - Thrilling Conclusion

Post by stessier »

It was a weird morning in Gotham - peaceful and quiet.

The recent spate of Mob killings had significantly reduced the population of the once bustling metropolis. Gotham Eyewitness News had been shut down by Clear Channel for falling ratings, so there was no one to report on Scoop's death. From the outside, it looked like he had died peacefully in his sleep. Only upon closer inspection would it become obvious that he had been embalmed alive.

So the last three members of the city met at the local KFC. It was decided that one of them would be forced to eat the Double Down before the day was done. Who would it be?

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

2010 Gotham Census - Updated
  1. tru1cy
  2. Mr Bubbles
  3. Scoop20906
  4. Chaosraven
  5. Newcastle
  6. Lagom Lite
  7. Lassr
  8. Remus West
  9. Grundbegriff
  10. theohall
  11. Unagi
  12. Semaj
  13. Isgrimnur
  14. Brendan
Boilerplate
  • Sniper - will you shoot someone?
  • Lynch mini-mob - get 2 of you to agree and "thy will be done"
Lagom Lite

Re: The Dark Knight - Thrilling Conclusion

Post by Lagom Lite »

Semaj was Commissioner Gordon.

Brendan 

Do the right thing. Ye bloody yank.
Is there anyone in hell?

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Unagi wrote:Lagom has been scanned to be "not the Joker".
We all feel that theohall was the sniper.

If Lagom is lying, he had the option to tell us that Mr Bubbles was the Joker or Ramirez.
He could have taken a big move by claiming that Mr Bubbles was Ramirez, but didn't.
What? Once Chaosraven was killed, he was under no risk at all of being exposed as Ramirez. I don't understand why you would suggest that he would've done anything other than what he did. What am I missing?
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Lagom Lite wrote: Terribly sure that Unagi is going to make it tonight, aren't we.
Yes, it's an extremely clever piece of logic on my part. "Will Lagom off the guy who has not expressed a preference about his vote, or the guy who has repeatedly made extended arguments to lynch Brendan?" One doesn't have to be William of Ockham to see how that'll turn out.
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Lagom Lite wrote: I don't have much to say other than I'd be shocked if both Scoop and Unagi make it through the night. If both of you survive, we win since I'll be killed. If one of you survive and join me in lynching Brendan tomorrow, we win.
Unagi, please read this and tell me what you think Lagom is saying.

Lagom Lite 

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Brendan wrote:
Lagom Lite wrote: I don't have much to say other than I'd be shocked if both Scoop and Unagi make it through the night. If both of you survive, we win since I'll be killed. If one of you survive and join me in lynching Brendan tomorrow, we win.
Unagi, please read this and tell me what you think Lagom is saying.
What do you mean?

He's saying the same damn thing you are saying.

1) He knows that Scoop and I are more "trusted" than he is
2) He points out that if we are left alive, we've already won (same as point 1)
3) and this is the big one. If I lynch you, good team wins.

That's what he is saying.

Are you trying to say that you didn't get that - or that you got something else from his post?
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Ha, I see - he's saying that he'd have been killed during the night, not by the two of you during the day. That didn't occur to me, as it was impossible for him to have been killed during the night.

Well, as far as impassioned speeches go, I've given you all I can muster. Lagom is spoofing a role that he was tailor-made for - he has all the same info (as Ramirez), he had no risk of being found out (after CR was dead), and he played it safe the whole game, so there's no paper trail to comb through.

I wish there was something else I could say that would prevent you from killing me and losing us the game, but there isn't. The end is nigh. For future games, I think it'd behoove us to test the claims of un-scannable people by executing them. Lagom's information, even had he actually been Alfred, wasn't valuable any longer.
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

FWIW, I'll feel responsible for having lost this for us - I should've just let Grund off me, as he would've been more effective at articulating reasons to go after Lagom.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Brendan wrote:FWIW, I'll feel responsible for having lost this for us - I should've just let Grund off me, as he would've been more effective at articulating reasons to go after Lagom.
Well Grund tried his best to get you lynched - it was never a matter of you "letting" him "off" you. It was the rest of us who didn't clearly see what you were doing. Personally, I found it unlikely that a bad guy would be so chatty. But Grund was right on the money. You were designated as the talkative one of the trio.

Unagi, you're not seriously going to let Brendan win are you? I find your lack of voting disturbing.
Is there anyone in hell?

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Lagom Lite wrote:
Brendan wrote:FWIW, I'll feel responsible for having lost this for us - I should've just let Grund off me, as he would've been more effective at articulating reasons to go after Lagom.
Well Grund tried his best to get you lynched - it was never a matter of you "letting" him "off" you. It was the rest of us who didn't clearly see what you were doing. Personally, I found it unlikely that a bad guy would be so chatty. But Grund was right on the money. You were designated as the talkative one of the trio.
Haha - designated the talkative one, huh? Do you guys actually negotiate that in your behind-the-scenes dealings?

Certainly I could've let Grund off me - I was happy to place the last vote on myself (because clearly either he or I "had" to die that day), but I really did think it was tru1cy. His behavior certainly gave you plenty of cover. "Well, Lagom's telling me exactly what I want to hear, and nothing contradicts the official record, so... he's probably good, right?"
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Speaking of Grund, I'd like to offer an apology for getting us into this situation with my stridency towards lynching him.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Brendan wrote:For future games, I think it'd behoove us to test the claims of un-scannable people by executing them. Lagom's information, even had he actually been Alfred, wasn't valuable any longer.
Wellll I don't know. My scans have had some potential value, though in these particular circumstances they were kind of gimped since I'm one of the suspects.

Had circumstances been different, the Citizens could simply have lynched me to verify my scans, gathering a circle of perfect trusted. Alfred's power is one of verification by lynch, to use when a special decides to come out. For example, by me scanning theohall as the Sniper, together with Batman and Dent ruling out Joker and Ramirez, respecively, Unagi was completely cleared. The same could be said about Remus (and many others, potentially).

But yes, if we had another day (perhaps by a successful Gordon protection), lynching me to conclusively rule out some players would have been a smart play.

Alas, it's up to Unagi's judgement.
Is there anyone in hell?

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Lagom Lite wrote:
Brendan wrote:For future games, I think it'd behoove us to test the claims of un-scannable people by executing them. Lagom's information, even had he actually been Alfred, wasn't valuable any longer.
Wellll I don't know. My scans have had some potential value, though in these particular circumstances they were kind of gimped since I'm one of the suspects.
Your scans had value to your team, just not the good team - they enabled you to know that you wouldn't be scannable. You only came out as "Alfred" after Dent was dead, and after you'd learned what his scan targets had been as Remus/Lassr revealed their information.
Had circumstances been different, the Citizens could simply have lynched me to verify my scans, gathering a circle of perfect trusted. Alfred's power is one of verification by lynch, to use when a special decides to come out. For example, by me scanning theohall as the Sniper, together with Batman and Dent ruling out Joker and Ramirez, respecively, Unagi was completely cleared. The same could be said about Remus (and many others, potentially).
Scoop scanned Unagi, IIRC. Your reveal of theohall as sniper was irrelevant because the rest of us already knew implicitly based on the lack of sniper fire.
But yes, if we had another day (perhaps by a successful Gordon protection), lynching me to conclusively rule out some players would have been a smart play.

Alas, it's up to Unagi's judgement.
After you came out, we should've lynched you immediately. Our mistake.
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Brendan wrote:Scoop scanned Unagi, IIRC. Your reveal of theohall as sniper was irrelevant because the rest of us already knew implicitly based on the lack of sniper fire.
Also, if you were the sniper, you'd have already won because you could just shoot one of us right now.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Brendan wrote:Your scans had value to your team, just not the good team - they enabled you to know that you wouldn't be scannable. You only came out as "Alfred" after Dent was dead, and after you'd learned what his scan targets had been as Remus/Lassr revealed their information.
I came out when I had an interesting scan. Chaosraven was interesting. I even suggested I be lynched to cross-verify.

Look, there's simply too much that has to be true in order for me to be a bad guy. First, Newcastle or Isgrimnur must have been Alfred and the bad guys must have scanned the right one. That's 1 chance in 14 right there. Second, the way I've been playing must have been pre-planned from Day 1, as pointed out by Grund, Unagi and more - I was skimming for advice from the get-go and it's pretty visible. Third, well there is no third thing, is that clear??!?

:tjg:
Is there anyone in hell?

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Lagom Lite wrote:Look, there's simply too much that has to be true in order for me to be a bad guy. First, Newcastle or Isgrimnur must have been Alfred and the bad guys must have scanned the right one. That's 1 chance in 14 right there.
You're the one of your team that survived because you got lucky with killing Newcastle and could fake the role. (I presume it was Newcastle because Isgrimnur would probably have said something en route to his death.)
Second, the way I've been playing must have been pre-planned from Day 1, as pointed out by Grund, Unagi and more - I was skimming for advice from the get-go and it's pretty visible.
Huh? I don't understand this assertion - why don't you show me some examples?
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Brendan wrote:
Lagom Lite wrote:Second, the way I've been playing must have been pre-planned from Day 1, as pointed out by Grund, Unagi and more - I was skimming for advice from the get-go and it's pretty visible.
Why would I? We both know who you are. Unagi already understands what I'm talking about.
Is there anyone in hell?

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Lagom Lite wrote:
Brendan wrote:
Lagom Lite wrote:Second, the way I've been playing must have been pre-planned from Day 1, as pointed out by Grund, Unagi and more - I was skimming for advice from the get-go and it's pretty visible.
Why would I? We both know who you are. Unagi already understands what I'm talking about.
Riiiight. We do both know who I am, and, for that matter, who you are.
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Just went through the voting histories - you never placed a single vote on theohall or Bubbles. In the latter, you abstained entirely from voting. In the former, you voted tru1cy after voting for Scoop, what twice?

In contrast, I voted for both of them - early, and without equivocation or waffling.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Brendan wrote:
Lagom Lite wrote:
Brendan wrote:
Riiiight. We do both know who I am, and, for that matter, who you are.
See? There's something we can agree on at least. ;)
Is there anyone in hell?

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Unagi wrote: Frankly, very early on - Lagom actually does read a little like an Alfred that hadn't yet detected anything worth sharing.
Yes, because Newcastle, the first guy killed, was Alfred.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Brendan wrote:Just went through the voting histories - you never placed a single vote on theohall or Bubbles. In the latter, you abstained entirely from voting. In the former, you voted tru1cy after voting for Scoop, what twice?

In contrast, I voted for both of them - early, and without equivocation or waffling.
And that absolves you from guilt? Voting for fellow bad guys is the oldest trick in the book.

I admit my bad guy-sniffing nose isn't very acute, but it's never been.
Is there anyone in hell?

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Lagom Lite wrote:
Brendan wrote:Just went through the voting histories - you never placed a single vote on theohall or Bubbles. In the latter, you abstained entirely from voting. In the former, you voted tru1cy after voting for Scoop, what twice?

And that absolves you from guilt? Voting for fellow bad guys is the oldest trick in the book.
As I articulated before, the timing-based death of theohall made it hard for you guys to react, so rather than participate (or negotiate your participation with your partners), you simply abstained. Certainly there was nothing you could say to stop the train once everyone other than theohall had participated in the thread.

And, again, in every game I've played, bad guys place the final-1 or final-2 votes, not the 2nd or 3rd.

This is all academic because we both know what Unagi's going to do: kill me. I look forward to reading the bad guy board to see how it actually went down, as I imagine it was pretty panicked.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Well, regardless of how Unagi will vote, thanks for a good game. :)

:pop:
Is there anyone in hell?

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Agreed - you did play it well, but you were definitely lucky with the opening Newcastle/Alfred kill. (As I don't think Bubbles or theohall could've pulled off a spoof of a good character as effectively or subtley.)
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

And by "agreed", I mean "good game." :)
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Thought of one more thing...
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Brendan wrote:Thought of one more thing...
Shoot.

No pun intended.
Is there anyone in hell?

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

In this alternate universe of yours, where I'm Ramirez (and, to be clear, you've backed yourself into a corner by claiming that both the Joker and the sniper are definitively dead, leaving only Ramirez as the option), why would I continue to pretend that I'm a citizen from start to finish, rather than use my knowledge to spoof another role? Stupidity?