Fellowship of the Ring (WW) - Conclusion

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Brendan

Re: Fellowship of the Ring (WW) - Journey 7 Black Gate of Mo

Post by Brendan »

Don't do anything yet - we still have people to hear from.

So, there's a couple schools of thought here:

1. If the ring gets passed to Scoop, he can then toss it back to a known hobbit (theohall), and we win the game. Big risk is that because Scoop is the obvious best choice for ring bearer, he's likely the Gollum target tonight.
2. If the ring gets passed to the last uncorrupted hobbit, we win as well. If the current ringbearer has a high degree of certainty about the recipient, not a bad choice. But clearly a much riskier option because if it goes to anyone at all other than the last uncorrupted hobbit, we lose. Also still a risk of Gollum theft.
3. The ring bearer could be a dick and just hold on to the ring, casting us all into darkness. I hope that's not his tactic.

So, it's all about out-guessing Gollum at this point. He needs to guess who has the ring, and who will receive the ring. Obviously there are feints within everyone's blathering, and if there's one certainty in WW, it's that there's very little certainty in WW.

The bad guys are hoping for a mis-pass, or, failing that, a lazy hobbit (Fatty Bolger!?) who wants to win at the cost of his goodness.
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Oh, and let's break down claimed roles again:

Actual Frodo: Scoop
Actual hobbit: theohall
Claimed hobbits:

Unagi
Brendan
Newcastle

Claimed warrior:

Isgrimnur

No claim?

stessier (claimed Gollum, but I presume that was just for the opportunity to make jokes about the precioussssssss.)
Chaosraven
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

This should go without saying, but any non-corrupted/non-Boromir warriors should announce their presence to reduce the pool of people Who Could Lose Us The Game.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

/scurries off to his mailbox to delete the order
/runs back to read the post
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Brendan wrote:Oh, and let's break down claimed roles again:

Claimed hobbits:

No claim?

Chaosraven
Hobbit, you goon.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Chaosraven wrote:
Brendan wrote:Oh, and let's break down claimed roles again:

Claimed hobbits:

No claim?

Chaosraven
Hobbit, you goon.
:coffee:
stessier

Post by stessier »

Brendan wrote:stessier (claimed Gollum, but I presume that was just for the opportunity to make jokes about the precioussssssss.)
No one had made any yet, so why not?

But I have claimed Hobbit a couple of times. In my threat matrix and in my post today. But with everyone having me as evil, I don't know what difference it will make.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Brendan wrote:Don't do anything yet - we still have people to hear from.

So, there's a couple schools of thought here:

1. If the ring gets passed to Scoop, he can then toss it back to a known hobbit (theohall), and we win the game. Big risk is that because Scoop is the obvious best choice for ring bearer, he's likely the Gollum target tonight.
2. If the ring gets passed to the last uncorrupted hobbit, we win as well. If the current ringbearer has a high degree of certainty about the recipient, not a bad choice. But clearly a much riskier option because if it goes to anyone at all other than the last uncorrupted hobbit, we lose. Also still a risk of Gollum theft.
3. The ring bearer could be a dick and just hold on to the ring, casting us all into darkness. I hope that's not his tactic.
1. I agree tossing it to scoop is almost the safest option because he can toss it safely to hobbits whom he feels safe with. Going this way might cause gollum to search his bags.
2. This is probably the riskiest move, because there is a degree of uncertainty inherent in it. However it could be clever enough and could cause gollum to dive into this persons bags. (see what i did there :D)
3. any hobbit who takes option 3 is not a true hobbit and will be marked for death in future games by yours truly....an option i simply wouldnt take.

Right now, i have a couple of targets in mind, and i dont think i will make up my mind until i resubmit my order. i think thats also teh wway you should play as well brendan, if you have the ring. Do not telegraph what you might be doing in other words.
Bayraktar!!!!

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

How interesting - so many hobbits. Fecundity like rabbits.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Which is why we're going to lose. My "Boromir" ploy backfired, as I figured with FOUR of us I was extraneous. With Grund dead and two of you ALREADY having held the damned ring, you cannot trust my claim. So you have to give it to Scoop, Gollum has to steal from Scoop and Gollum wins.

Giving the Ring to anyone else other than Scoop is a ridiculous Gamble, with a WK and obviously Corrupted freep (or uncorrupted Actual Boromir) tainting the mix of options.

St00pid Game.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I'm actually a hobbit. I wanted to contribute in distracting the Witch King. Put me in coach, throw me the damned ring!
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Isgrimnur wrote:I'm actually a hobbit. I wanted to contribute in distracting the Witch King. Put me in coach, throw me the damned ring!
Damn, is everyone corrupted now? :doh:
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Brendan, I say you toss the ring to Stessier.

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Scoop20906 wrote:Brendan, I say you toss the ring to Stessier.
Plz direct this to Newcastle.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Guys??
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Brendan wrote:
:wub: I love the ending of this game. I have no clue whats going on. :lol:

stessier

Post by stessier »

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but shouldn't he have figured this out on his own???
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

stessier wrote:Thanks for the vote of confidence, but shouldn't he have figured this out on his own???
Hey, I friggin Frodo!! My opinion counts!! :horse:

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Brendan wrote:
But who's on first? Stessier hmm. Interesting choice. I might have to disregard your advice scoop and instead toss it somewhere else. Stessier hasnt strucke me as a hobbit this whole journey, so i beg your pardon on that one Scoop. And has theohall checked in? Or is he still in the middle of his move? Otherwise i think everyone has popped there head in.

/pats his pocket again
"yup still here"
Bayraktar!!!!

stessier

Post by stessier »

Scoop20906 wrote:
stessier wrote:Thanks for the vote of confidence, but shouldn't he have figured this out on his own???
Hey, I friggin Frodo!! My opinion counts!! :horse:
No doubt - but I tried to be discretely obvious to avoid certain Fish Breath Pale Interest. Don't know if it was working or not, but shining ye old Spotlight of the Trusted over here is cramping my style. :lol:
Lagom Lite

Fellowship of the Ring (WW) - Ch 7 - Cracks of Doom

Post by Lagom Lite »

Chapter 7 – The Cracks of Doom

They were in a long cave or tunnel that bored into the Mountain’s smoking cone. But only a short way ahead its floor and the walls on either side were cloven by a great fissure, out of which the red glare came, now leaping up, now dying down into darkness; and all the while far below there was a rumour and a trouble as of great engines throbbing and labouring.

The light sprang up again, and there on the brink of the chasm, at the very Crack of Doom, stood the Ringbearer, Brendan, black against the glare, tense, erect, but still as if he had been turned to stone.

”Master!” cried stessier. Newcastle, Unagi and Scoop20906 were right behind.

Then Brendan stirred and spoke with a clear voice, indeed with a voice clearer and more powerful than the company had ever heard him use, and it rose above the throb and turmoil of Mount Doom, ringing in the roof and walls.

”I have come,” he said. ”But I do not choose now to do what I came to do. I will not do this deed. The Ring is mine!” And suddenly, as he set it on his finger, he vanished from sight. Scoop20906 gasped, but he had no chance to cry out, for at that moment many things happened.

Something struck Scoop20906 violently in the back, his legs were knocked from under him and he was flung aside, striking his head against the stony floor, as a dark shape sprang over him. He lay still and for a moment all went black.

And far away, as Brendan put on the Ring and claimed it for his own, even in Sammath Naur the very heart of his realm, the Power in Barad-Dur was shaken, and the Tower trembled from its foundations to its proud and bitter crown. The Dark Lord was suddenly aware of him, and his Eye piercing all shadows looked across the plain to the door that he had made; and the magnitude of his own folly was revealed to him in a blinding flash, and all the devices of his enemies were at last laid bare. Then his wrath blazed in consuming flame, but his fear rose like a vast black smoke to choke him.

From all his policies and webs of fear and treachery, from all his stratagems and wars Sauron’s mind shook free; and throughout his realm a tremor ran, his slaves quailed, and his armies halted, and his captains suddenly steerless, bereft of will, wavered and despaired. For they were forgotten. The whole mind and purpose of the Power that wielded them was now bent with overpowering force upon the Mountain. At his summons, wheeling with a rending cry, in a last desparate race there flew, faster than the winds, the Nazghul Witch-King Chaosraven, the Ringwraiths, and with a storm of wings they hurtled southwards to Mount Doom.

Players:

1. Arcanis, a Servant of the Eye, slain by the Fellowship
2. Semaj of the Free People, slain by Uruk-Hai
3. Remus West, a Servant of the Eye, slain by the Fellowship
4. Isgrimnur
5. Grundbegriff, a Hobbit, slain by the forces of Mordor
6. Chaosraven
7. Brendan
8. tru1cy of the Free People, slain by the Watcher in the Water
9. Scoop20906
10. Unagi
11. theohall
12. redrun, a Servant of the Eye, slain by the Fellowship
13. Newcastle
14. stessier

To be concluded…
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
stessier

Re: Fellowship of the Ring (WW) - Ch 7 - Cracks of Doom

Post by stessier »

If this means Brendan was a Hobbit who held the Ring to win, I think that stinks.

If he was tossed it and was a Servant, I'm fine with it.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Hmmm, upon further reading, it looks like Sauron is trying to stop Brendan. So maybe we won after all!?!? What the heck was the chain of custody for the Ring?

Write Oh Great Swede! WRITE!!!
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

stessier wrote:If this means Brendan was a Hobbit who held the Ring to win, I think that stinks.

If he was tossed it and was a Servant, I'm fine with it.
:binky: In the book the ring bearer tried to keep it at first. I'm sure he tossed it. I'm fine with him not tossing it though since that means I win. :binky: :twisted:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

[quote="stessier"Write Oh Great Swede! WRITE!!![/quote]

x110000000011
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Newcastle wrote:
stessier wrote:Write Oh Great Swede! WRITE!!!
x110000000011
Bayraktar!!!!

stessier

Post by stessier »

I'm pretty sure edits are allowed at this point, Servant. :P
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

stessier wrote:I'm pretty sure edits are allowed at this point, Servant. :P
who you calling servant...servant!!!
Bayraktar!!!!

stessier

Post by stessier »

Newcastle wrote:
Shouldn't you be flying to the mountain with Chaos? After Grund ended up a Hobbit, I told Lagom I thought Boromir was a great place for the WK to hide and I could see Chaos doing it, but that you would be the more logical choice as WK. Should have stuck with my first instinct.

So are you Boromir or just a filthy Corrupted pawn?
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

stessier wrote:
Newcastle wrote:
Shouldn't you be flying to the mountain with Chaos? After Grund ended up a Hobbit, I told Lagom I thought Boromir was a great place for the WK to hide and I could see Chaos doing it, but that you would be the more logical choice as WK. Should have stuck with my first instinct.

So are you Boromir or just a filthy Corrupted pawn?

hobbit....mr. preciouss lover, or should i say servant!!
Bayraktar!!!!

stessier

Post by stessier »

Incidentally, that fact that Lagom definitively named players and roles means this is over. Somebody won - Scoop won't have to make the toss. So we can talk freely.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Newcastle wrote:hobbit....mr. preciouss lover, or should i say servant!!
:lol:

Doesn't it tell you something that I know you're not a Hobbit? You're not Gollum either. Unagi was too clever with that code - clearly over compensating when just being captured would have spoken volumes.

So fess up! :D
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

stessier wrote:
Newcastle wrote:hobbit....mr. preciouss lover, or should i say servant!!
:lol:

Doesn't it tell you something that I know you're not a Hobbit? You're not Gollum either. Unagi was too clever with that code - clearly over compensating when just being captured would have spoken volumes.

So fess up! :D

and i know you arent a hobbit, so what are you? gollum? Servant? the game aint over...and i refuse to steal lagom's thunder. I am eagerly awaiting news of wether the good ship fellowship has won or not.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

by the way the suspense is literally killing me right now...write ya damn swede, write....no to be continued baloney!!!
Bayraktar!!!!

stessier

Post by stessier »

Frakking time zone - he's probably have high tea or something. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Lagom Lite

Fellowship of the Ring (WW) - Conclusion

Post by Lagom Lite »

Conclusion

Unagi groped forward, and then he saw a strange and terrible thing. stessier on the edge of the abyss was fighting like a mad thing with an unseen foe. To and fro he swayed, now so near the brink that almost he tumbled in, now dragging back, falling to the ground, rising, and falling again. And all the while he hissed but spoke no words.

Suddenly Unagi saw stessier’s long hands draw upwards to his mouth; his white fangs gleamed, and then snapped as they bit. Brendan gave a cry, and there he was, fallen upon his knees at the chasm’s edge. But stessier, dancing like a mad thing, held aloft the Ring, a finger still thrust within its circle. It shone now as if verily it was wrought of living fire.

”Precious, precious, precious!” stessier cried. ”My Precious! O my Precious!” And with that, even as his eyes were lifted up to gloat on his prize, Newcastle drew his sword and leaped upon him, cutting the Ring from his hand. They stepped too far, toppled, wavered for a moment on the brink, and then with a shriek they fell. Out of the depths came stessier’s last wail Precious, and they were gone.

There was a roar and a great confusion of noise. Fires leaped up and licked the roof. The throbbing grew to a great tumult, and the Mountain shook. Unagi ran to Brendan and picked him up and carried him out to the door. And there upon the dark threshold of the Sammath Naur, high above the plains of Mordor, towers fell and mountains slid; walls crumbled and melted, crashing down; vast spires of smoke and spouting steams went billowing up, up, until they toppled like an overwhelming wave, and its wild crest curled and came foaming down upon the land. And then at last over the miles between there came a rumble, rising to a deafening crash and roar; the earth shook, the plain heaved and cracked, and Orodruin reeled. Fire belched from its riven summit.

The skies burst into thunder seared with lightning. Down like lashing whips fell a torrent of black rain. And into the heart of the storm, with a cry that pierced all other sounds, tearing the clouds asunder, Chaosraven came, shooting like flaming bolts, as caught in the fiery ruin of hill and sky they crackled, withered, and went out.

”Well, this is the end, Scoop,” said a voice by his side. And there was Unagi, and there was Brendan, pale and worn, and yet himself again; and in his eyes there was peace now, neither strain of will, nor madness, nor any fear. His burden was taken away.

Spoiler:
The Fellowship wins!!!

Final Journey actions:
Brendan passed the Ring to Unagi (succeeds, Unagi is a Hobbit).
stessier steals from Scoop20906 (fails).
Chaosraven scans Scoop20906 (fails).
Chaosraven corrupts Unagi (fails, Hobbit).
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
stessier

Re: Fellowship of the Ring (WW) - Conclusion

Post by stessier »

Nice play Brendan. I figured it had to work that way, but I gave it a shot!
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

boromir sad :cry:
Bayraktar!!!!

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Spoiler:
Fellowship of the Ring – Spoilers

ROLES

Frodo - Scoop20906
Hobbit01 - Grundbegriff
Hobbit02 - Brendan
Hobbit03 - theohall
Hobbit04 - Unagi

Aragorn - Arcanis
Gandalf - Remus West
Boromir - Newcastle
Freep01 - Isgrimnur
Freep02 - tru1cy
Freep03 - Semaj

Witch-King - Chaosraven
Uruk-Hai - redrun

Gollum - stessier

STORY

Journey 1 – Caradhras

Scoop20906 is the Ringbearer.
Fellowship controls the Ring.
No players are captured.

Ringbearer does not pass the Ring.
Aragorn protects Isgrimnur (fails).
Gollum searches tru1cy (fails).
Witch-King scans stessier (fails).
Witch-King corrupts Grundbegriff (fails).
Uruk-Hai hunts Semaj (kills Semaj)
Gandalf scans Arcanis (Free People).

Chapter 1 – The Doors of Durin

No players are captured.

Players:
1. Arcanis
2. Semaj - SLAIN by Uruk-Hai
3. Remus West
4. Isgrimnur
5. Grundbegriff
6. Chaosraven
7. Brendan
8. tru1cy
9. Scoop20906
10. Unagi
11. theohall
12. redrun
13. Newcastle
14. stessier

Legal votes: Appoint a Scout.

Journey 1 Replies

stessier

In the cold night under the foot of Caradhras, you sneak up to tru1cy’s satchel. Rummaging through it, you find nothing but Elvish waybread and worthless trinkets. A voice calls out, ”Who there!” You flee, cursing under your breath.

tru1cy did not possess the Ring.

redrun

In the distance, some way behind the Fellowship, guarding its rear, you see a lone Man. Charging through the snow, your minions overwhelm him and cut him down.

You have slain Semaj! Semaj was one of the Free People.

Semaj

As you guard the retreat from Caradhras, you see an evil, black shape crouching in the snow. Before you are able to warn the others, arrows pierce the soft snow around you and force you to cover behind the cliff-side. Seconds later, Goblins and Orcs led by a huge Uruk-Hai chieftain are upon you. You fight valiantly, slaying many, hoping to cover your fellows’ escape as long as you can. In the end, the onslaught is too great and you are overwhelmed.

You have been slain by Uruk-Hai!

Your deeds will be remembered.

As soon as I get the Spoiler forum up and running, I will PM you about the details. See you there!

Remus West

Determining the nature of Arcanis is not difficult. His actions through the Caradhras ordeal proved him valiant and stout, a fierce survivor and dogged yeoman of his kind.

Arcanis is one of the Free People.

Arcanis

Keeping a vigilant eye upon Isgrimnur, you make sure he is safe. As you leave Caradhras, no evil has yet beset him, but you get the lingering feeling that something elsewhere had more need of your attention.

Isgrimnur was not targeted by disruptable actions.

Chaosraven

Undaunted by shards of ice and rending thunderstorm, you ride your wyvern through Caradhras’ treacherous mountain clefts. The Ring… it calls for you. It wants to be cared for, to find a way home. You wail, and tug at strands of the Void. There is stessier, there is Grundbegriff. What is in their nature? Before you are able to ascertain details of their plans, your attention is broken. There is a Company, and they were here, but not any longer. They have taken another way.

stessier does not carry the Ring.
Grundbegriff is not Free People. Conversion fails.

Scoop20906

While it is a heavy burden, it is yours to carry. You keep the Ring close to your person by day, and clasped in your fist at night.

Journey 2 – Balin’s Tomb

tru1cy is lynched.

No players are captured.

Aragorn protects Remus West (against corruption).
Gollum searches Grundbegriff (fails).
Witch-King scans Scoop20906 (succeeds).
Witch-King corrupts Remus West (fails, protected).
Uruk-Hai hunts Scoop20906 (captures Scoop20906).
Gandalf scans redrun (Servant).

Chapter 2 – The Mines of Moria

Servants of the Eye control the Ring.
Scoop20906 is captured.

Players:
1. Arcanis
3. Remus West
4. Isgrimnur
5. Grundbegriff
6. Chaosraven
7. Brendan
8. tru1cy – LYNCHED
9. Scoop20906 – CAPTURED by Uruk-Hai
10. Unagi
11. theohall
12. redrun
13. Newcastle
14. stessier

Legal votes: Appoint a Scout, Hunt some Orc

Journey 2 Replies

tru1cy

With a cry, you leap forward and cut Grundbegriff loose. Out from the water a long sinous tentacle crawls; it is pale-geen and luminous and wet. Its fingered end gets hold of your foot, and drags you into the water.

”Into the gateway! Up the stairs! Quick!” you shout, cutting off the tentacle grappling you, then leaping sword-first into the Watcher’s vile maw.

You have been slain by the Watcher in the Water!

Your deeds will be remembered.

If you would like access to the Spoiler forum for this game, please register as your OO handle ("tru1cy") at ooww.freeforums.org and then send me a PM, and I will enable you.

See you there!

stessier

In the dark, you stalk the Company. They have a light of some sort, and it burns your eyes, but one night, as Grundbegriff sleeps some way off from the rest, you dare to venture closer.

You search Grundbegriff’s belongings, however, the Precious is not there. Considering at first to slit the robber’s throat, you decide instead to skulk back into the safety of the shadows. You may find need of the thieves shortly, there are older dangers here, and even you dare not linger in these caverns for very long.

Grundbegriff did not possess the Ring.

Scoop20906

Remembering the valiant self-sacrifice of tru1cy, sorrow descends on you. With heavy heart, you trod the cold stone steps of Moria. The Ring is heavy in your pocket, but gives a strange comfort. With the Shire so far away, the Ring reminds you of your uncle Bilbo, the tales he would tell, and the heat of the hearth in Bag End.

Suddenly, you feel a sharp pain at the back of your head and you fall to the ground. Coming to, you stare into the horrible eyes of a black Uruk!

”Quiet, or I will gut you like a fish!” he growls. You lie bound in a net, carried by foul orcs of Mordor!

You keep the Ring.
You have been captured by the Uruk-Hai!
You may not post nor vote in the main forum until you are freed.

Arcanis

There are many evils lurking in the dark of Moria, some are forgotten, others merely strengthened. You feel a presence stalking Remus West in the mines. Keeping him safe proved wise, for there are evils far below, whispering in the dark, promising power and great wealth for but a small betrayal.

Remus West was protected from Conversion!

Remus West

You dread these mines. The Dwarves dug too greedily, and too deep. You try to recall your studies of Khazad-Dum lore, what they unleashed in their mad quest for mithril.

It strikes you, as you smell the fetid air of lost tombs and great abandoned dwarf-halls; there is an ancient Dwarven name for Servants of the Eye; one such name is the name of ”redrun”, or as it is known in the Black Speak of Mordor; ”Raadk-Runh.”

redrun is a Servant of the Eye!

Chaosraven

You thrive in these halls. The Dwarves dug too greedily, and too deep, and unleashed a horror that would surely be the undoing of the Company. Wailing from below the deep mine-shafts, you call the Ring. A flicker from above calls back to you, and you sense the creature keeping it. The Ring calls it ”Scoop20906”, and he is followed by black things attracted by its power.

The weak Remus West is warded by the Dunedain, they keep their party together, and in the light. You decide to bide your time.

Scoop20906 carries the Ring!
Remus West was protected by Aragorn!

redrun

Stalking the Company in the dark, you notice one of them wandering off. Clobbering him unconscious, you bag him in your net and carry him off. It is a little one; maybe he is the one Saruman wants? Foolish creatures.

You have captured Scoop20906!
Is there anyone in hell?

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Spoiler:
Journey 3 – The Bridge of Khazad-Dum

redrun is lynched.

Scoop20906 is captured.

Ringbearer cannot pass the Ring (captured).
Aragorn protects Grundbegriff (fails).
Gollum searches Remus West (fails).
Witch-King scans Chaosraven (fails).
Witch-King corrupts Remus West (succeeds).
Uruk-Hai is slain (fails).
Gandalf is corrupted (fails).

Chapter 3 – Lothlorien

Scoop20906 is captured.

Players:
1. Arcanis
3. Remus West – CONVERTED by Witch-King
4. Isgrimnur
5. Grundbegriff
6. Chaosraven
7. Brendan
8. tru1cy – LYNCHED
9. Scoop20906 – CAPTURED by Uruk-Hai
10. Unagi
11. theohall
12. redrun - LYNCHED
13. Newcastle
14. stessier

Legal votes: Appoint a Scout, Hunt some Orc

Journey 3 replies

redrun

Undaunted by bottomless chasms and aging dwarven masonry, you charge head-on at the Fellowship, hoping to catch them off-guard. Unfortunately, certain bridges here were not built for massive Uruk statures, and leaping after them, the bridge crumbles from under you. You loose your footing and plunge into the depths.

You have been slain by the Fellowship!

If you would like access to the Spoiler forum for this game, please register as your OO handle ("redrun") at ooww.freeforums.org and then send me a PM to this forum, and I will enable you.

See you there!

Arcanis

As you run from the Mines, you keep Grundbegriff safe from danger. Goblin arrows whistle past you, and you urge the Company out into the light.

Grundbegriff was not targeted by disruptable actions.

Scoop20906

The days are long, and the nights are longer. In the dark, you begin to lose track of which is which. Has the Company forsaken you? Have friends of old turned traitors? The Orcs, while brutal, do not harm you, and they carry you where the Company would not. You are the Ringbearer, after all. The Orcs understand this. So does the Ring.

You keep the Ring.
You are captured by the Uruk-Hai!
You may not post nor vote in the main forum until you are freed.

Remus West

Out of the Mines, in the night, you dream-spell your old mentor, the White Wizard Saruman, as you often do when in need of his advice.

”So you have come, Gandalf”, he says gravely; but in his eyes there seems to be a white light, as if a cold laughter is in his heart.

”Yes, I have come,” you say, ”I have come for your aid, Saruman the White.” And that title seems to anger him. You look and see that his robes, which had seemed white, were not so, but were woven of all colours, and if he moves they shimmer and change hue so that the eye is bewildered.

”White!” he sneered. ”It serves as a beginning. White cloth may be dyed. The white page can be overwritten; and the white light can be broken.”

”The Elder Days are gone,” he continues, ”The Middle Days are passing. The Younger Days are beginning. The time of the Elves is over, but our time is at hand: the world of Men, which we must rule. But we must have power, power to order all things as we will, for that good which only the Wise can see.

”And listen, Gandalf, my old friend and helper!” he says, coming near and speaking now in a softer voice, ”I said we, for we it may be, if you will join with me. A new Power is rising. Against it the old allies and policies will not avail us at all. There is no hope left in Elves or dying Numenor. This then is one choice before you, before us. We may join with that Power. It would be wise, Gandalf. There is hope that way. Its victory is at hand; and there will be rich reward for those that aided it. As the Power grows, its proved friends will also grow; and the Wise, such as you and I, may with patience come at last to direct its courses, to control it. We can bide our time, we can keep our thoughts in our hearts, deploring maybe evils done by the way, but approving the high and ultimate purpose: Knowledge, Rule, Order; all the things that we have so far striven in vain to accomplish, hindered rather than helped by our weak or idle friends. There need not be, there would not be, any real change in our designs, only in our means.”

You see the wisdom in his words, and vow to assist your Istari superior.

”One more thing,” Saruman says, ”Watch for Chaosraven, the Dead King. He has risen as Nazghul and is searching for the Ring. Assist him in any way you can. Take the Ring and bring it to Mordor.”

With that, the dream ends. Quickened, you realize what needs to be done.

You have been converted by Chaosraven!
Chaosraven is the Witch-King.
Your Victory Conditions have changed.
Your Faction has changed to ”Servant of the Eye”.
You have lost your ability to scan players.

Chaosraven

You check your pockets. How many times have you not forgotten your keys to the wyvern on the kitchen table in Dol Guldur? Well, they are there, but the Ring is not.

Out of Moria, you approach Remus West through a Palantir, disguised as the White Wizard Saruman. After a brief conversation regarding the utter hopelessness of the Fellowship’s cause, he is persuaded to see things your way.

Chaosraven does not carry the Ring.
Remus West has been converted to your cause!
Remus West has become a Servant of the Eye.
Remus West has been told your identity.

stessier

As the Company hurries out of Moria, Remus West drops his bags. You take a quick peek, but there is no Ring there. Before long, Remus doubles back to retreive them. You fall back to safe distance.

Remus West did not possess the Ring.

Journey 4 – The Great River Anduin

Scoop20906 is freed.

No player is captured.

Aragorn protects Scoop20906 (fails).
Gollum searches Unagi (fails).
Witch-King scans Grundbegriff (fails).
Witch-King corrupts Arcanis (succeeds).

Chapter 4 – Rohan

No player is captured.

Players:
1. Arcanis
3. Remus West – CONVERTED by Witch-King
4. Isgrimnur
5. Grundbegriff
6. Chaosraven
7. Brendan
8. tru1cy – LYNCHED
9. Scoop20906
10. Unagi
11. theohall
12. redrun - LYNCHED
13. Newcastle
14. stessier

Legal votes: Appoint a Scout

Journey 4 Replies

Arcanis

As you break camp, the warrior Chaosraven insists to have a word with you. You wander off some distance from the others.

”I do not doubt the valour of your people, Aragorn,” he says. ”But the world is changing. The walls of Minas Tirith may be strong, but they are not strong enough. If they fail, what then?”

”We shall fall in battle valiantly,” you reply, ”yet there is still hope that they will not fail.”

”No hope while the Ring lasts,” Chaosraven says. ”Ah! The Ring! Is it not a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt for so small a thing? So small a thing! And I have seen it only for an instant in the House of Elrond.”

”The world is changing, you say. Minas Tirith will fall, if the Ring lasts. But why?” you ask.

”Certainly, if the Ring were with the Enemy,” Chaosraven says. ”But why, if it were with us? True-hearted Men, they will not be corrupted. We of Minas Tirith have been staunch through long years of trial. We do not desire the power of wizard-lords, chance brings to light the Ring of Power. It is a gift, I say; a gift to the foes of fearless, the ruthless, these alone will achieve victory. What could not a warrior do in this hour, a great leader? What could not Aragorn do? The Ring would give you power of Command. How you would drive the hosts of Mordor, and all men would flock to your banner! Surely you see it, my friend?”

The following nights, you dream of walls and weapons, and the mustering of men; and you begin to draw plans for great alliances and glorious victories to be; and you imagine casting down Mordor, and becoming yourself a mighty king, benevolent and wise.

”They tell us to throw it away,” you mutter to yourself, ”I do not say destroy it. That might be well, if reason could show any hope of doing so. It does not. The only plan that is proposed to us is that a halfling should walk blindly into Mordor and offer the Enemy every chance of recapturing it for himself. Folly!”

You have lost your ability to protect players.

Chaosraven

You watch Grundbegriff through the Palantir. It is a dreary and uneventful experience. Deciding instead to take a risk, you disguise yourself as Remus West, and approach Arcanis as he wanders some distance away from the others.

”I do not doubt the valour of your people, Arcanis,” you say. ”But the world is changing. The walls of Minas Tirith may be strong, but they are not strong enough. If they fail, what then?”

”We shall fall in battle valiantly,” he replies, ”yet there is still hope that they will not fail.”

”No hope while the Ring lasts,” you lie. ”Ah! The Ring! Is it not a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt for so small a thing? So small a thing!”

”The world is changing, you say. Minas Tirith will fall, if the Ring lasts. But why?” Arcanis asks.

”Certainly, if the Ring were with the Enemy,” you respond. ”But why, if it were with us? True-hearted Men, they will not be corrupted. We have been staunch through long years of trial. We do not desire the power of wizard-lords, chance brings to light the Ring of Power. It is a gift, I say; a gift to the foes of fearless, the ruthless, these alone will achieve victory. What could not a warrior do in this hour, a great leader? The Ring would give you power of Command. How you would drive the hosts of Mordor, and all men would flock to your banner! Surely you see it, my friend?”

The following nights, you grant Arcanis dreams of walls and weapons, and the mustering of men; and you watch from the shadows as he begins to draw plans for great alliances and glorious victories to be; and you let him imagine casting down Mordor, and becoming himself a mighty king, benevolent and wise.

Grundbegriff does not carry the Ring.
Arcanis has been converted to your cause!
Arcanis has become a Servant of the Eye.
Arcanis has been told your identity.

Scoop20906

”Miserable trickster!” the Orc guarding you shouts, as you slip out of your bonds and run. ”Let me get my hands on you!”

You pull out out the Ring upon its chain and quickly slip it on your finger. You flee and pass your hand over your eyes, dashing away the tears. Terror and grief shakes you, seeing in your thoughts the mad fierce face of your captors, and their burning eyes.

And suddenly you feel the Eye. There is an eye in the Dark Tower that does not sleep. You know that it has become aware of your gaze. A fierce eager will is there. It leaps towards you; almost like a finger you feel it, searching for you. Very soon it will nail you down, knowing just exactly where you are.

You hear yourself crying out: Never, never! Or is it: Verily I come, I come to you? You cannot tell. Then as a flash from some other point of power there comes to your mind another thought: Take it off! Take it off! Fool, take it off! Take off the Ring!

The two powers strive in you. For a moment, perfectly balanced between their piercing points, you writhe, tormented. Suddenly you are aware of yourself again. You take the Ring off your finger.

In the distance, the Horn of Gondor thunders and battle-cries of Men break through the Mordor war-drums. A desperate hope grips you as you run to meet your fellows.

You have been freed by the Fellowship!
You are no longer captured.
You may vote and post as normal.
You may pass on the Ring.

Scoop20906

Yes, this task was appointed to you, and you alone. While the recent ordeal has left you feeling desperately watched and trailed by the Enemy, you realize you can also no longer trust your friends, or tell them from foes.

You keep the Ring.

stessier

Searching Unagi’s belongings, you find nothing but ale and pipe-weed. Disgusting creatures!

Unagi did not possess the Ring.

Journey 5 – Helm’s Deep

No player is captured.

Ringbearer passes the Ring to theohall.
Aragorn is corrupted (fails).
Gollum searches Chaosraven (fails).
Witch-King scans Scoop20906 (fails).
Witch-King corrupts stessier (fails).

Chapter 5 – Fangorn Forest

theohall is the Ringbearer.
No player is captured.

Players:
1. Arcanis – CONVERTED by Witch-King
3. Remus West - LYNCHED
4. Isgrimnur
5. Grundbegriff
6. Chaosraven
7. Brendan
8. tru1cy – LYNCHED
9. Scoop20906
10. Unagi
11. theohall
12. redrun - LYNCHED
13. Newcastle
14. stessier

Journey 5 Replies

Remus West

The Fellowship has seen through your trickery, and you have fallen in the battle of Helm's Deep.

If you would like access to the Spoiler forum for this game, please register as your OO handle ("Remus West") at ooww.freeforums.org and then send me a PM to this forum, and I will enable you.

See you there!

Scoop20906

Struggling with your fears, you decide to give the Ring away for safe-keeping. You slip theohall an envelope with the Ring inside, and a note: ”I hope I’ve made the right decision. I feel watched, and I fear for the safety of the Ring.”

You pass the Ring to theohall.
theohall has been told your identity.
You are no longer the Ringbearer.

Chaosraven

In the chaos of battle, getting close to stessier has proven too difficult. You summize, by the ferociousness of his fighting, that he will not succumb to your temptations.

Scoop20906 does not carry the Ring any longer. You remember he had it back in Moria, maybe he lost it? Or maybe it lost him?

Scoop20906 does not carry the Ring.
stessier is not Free People. Conversion fails.

stessier

Scrounging in the middle of battle proved difficult, though with Chaoraven distracted, you take a quick peek in his packs. Just as you thought, there is no Precious there.

Chaosraven did not possess the Ring.

theohall

Searching your packs for something to eat besides Lembas, you find a strange envelope. Within it, there is a note; ”I hope I’ve made the right decision. I feel watched, and I fear for the safety of the Ring. Yours in trust, Scoopo.”

Tucked within is a shiny gold Ring, with a plain surface. Dread descends on you as you realize what it is.

Scoop20906 have passed you the Ring!
You have become the Ringbearer.
If you fail to pass on the Ring next Journey, you will become corrupted.

Journey 6 – Isengard

theohall is the Ringbearer.
No player is captured.

Ringbearer passes the Ring to Brendan.
Aragorn is corrupted (fails).
Gollum searches Scoop20906 (fails).
Witch-King scans Scoop20906 (fails).
Witch-King corrupts Isgrimnur (succeeds).

Chapter 6 – Minas Tirith

Brendan is the Ringbearer.
No player is captured.

Players:
1. Arcanis – LYNCHED
3. Remus West - LYNCHED
4. Isgrimnur – CONVERTED by the Witch-King
5. Grundbegriff
6. Chaosraven
7. Brendan
8. tru1cy – LYNCHED
9. Scoop20906
10. Unagi
11. theohall
12. redrun - LYNCHED
13. Newcastle
14. stessier

Journey 6 Replies

stessier

You’re starting to tire from hanging back in the shades. Maybe you are taking unnecessary risks? Maybe the Fellowship knows where you hide?

You search Scoop20906:s packs. The Ring is not there.

Scoop20906 did not possess the Ring.

Chaosraven

Whispering promises of wealth and power, and maybe a nice Duchy just south of Evendim, you strike a deal with Isgrimnur.

Isgrimnur tells you, that Scoop20906 hasn’t got the Ring.

Scoop20906 does not carry the Ring.
Isgrimnur has been converted to your cause!
Isgrimnur has become a Servant of the Eye.
Isgrimnur has been told your identity.

Isgrimnur

Chaosraven takes you aside. He pulls a map up and draws a big circle around Evendim, north of the Shire.

”All this will be yours! Just make sure the little ones don’t escape,” he says.

theohall

You nudge Brendan in the side. ”Psst!” you say, ”Pay it forward!” At first, Brendan looks confused, but as you slip him the Ring his looks change to terrified.

You pass the Ring to Brendan.
Brendan has been told your identity.
You are no longer the Ringbearer.

Brendan

”Psst!” theohall says, ”Pay it forward!” He slips you something in your pocket, you pick it up and look at it. Ooh, shiny.

theohall has passed you the Ring!
You have become the Ringbearer.
If you fail to pass on the Ring next Journey, you will become corrupted.

Arcanis

If you would like access to the Spoiler forum for this game, please register as your OO handle ("Arcanis") at ooww.freeforums.org and then send me a PM to this forum, and I will enable you.

See you there!
Is there anyone in hell?