Fellowship of the Ring (WW) - Conclusion

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Newcastle

Re: Fellowship of the Ring (WW) - Chapter 6 - Minas Tirith

Post by Newcastle »

theohall wrote:
stessier wrote:I completely agree with Isgrimnur being a horrible lynch for the day. Yes...yes...

It all comes down to the Ring Toss. Miss a Hobbit and it's game over man! Filthy dirty stinking Hobbits. Horrible creatures holding on to My Precioussssss.

I'm Evil on everyone's list Whyssss? Why doesssss no one like Smeagol???, so I doubt I'm getting an errant toss tonight.

Guess this wasn't one of my best games Noesssss. No it wassssn't. Dirty Hobbits playing keep away with My Precious!

I concede. No! No! NO! MY PRECIOUS!!!!!!!!

stessier 

This cannot be that easy. ;)

agreed -stessier's move stinks. i dont think he'd give up that easy.

so....

grund 

i know who i am, and i really wonder why he's continously trying to twist and jarble my answers so it fits his narrative. He's been cherrypicking data (look at his analytical little spreadsheet.. convenient that he's in there, and only picks 2 other folks in there).

i am happy to take my time with this. and i am happy to remove my vote should scoop request it. I know grund is out for my blood right now, and i am out for his right now.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

<meta>

I have to go administer a final exam, and I won't be back till around 10pm.

</meta>
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I'm honestly shocked at all the talk on the Ring. And Grund seems, now ,to want people to confirm things, etc. (What happened to Keep it Secret, Keep it Safe.)

I'm cool scouting Grund or stessier.
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Unagi wrote:I'm honestly shocked at all the talk on the Ring. And Grund seems, now ,to want people to confirm things, etc. (What happened to Keep it Secret, Keep it Safe.)

I'm cool scouting Grund or stessier.
Truly it would've been better for Gollum to wonder whether the ring was at the hub (frodo) or one of the spokes (the other hobbits), but that bridge was crossed before I could bleat anything to prevent its disclosure.

We hunt for Gollum today, and then I toss the thing like a wedding bouquet and hope the right one catches it.

FWIW, y'all are doing a tremendous job of appearing suspicious. Newcastle's post claiming possession of the ring was, at the least, very weird. Unagi is as hinky as always. Grund seemed like he could've been the guy that Remus was deferring to. Chaosraven is hardly giving off trustworthy vibes, and stessier has attempted to render himself ineligible for ring passing.

Good times!
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

grund 

still don't trust stessier or Unagi, but the former spooked me with that post and the latter still fills the WK on my notes.
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Sorry for being hinky.

Anyhow, I'm not sure how to help ya. Anything I think of, basically defeats itself if it's said publicly.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Chaosraven wrote:From the earliest notes, I still figure Unagi as Original Evil, assumed WK
I corrected you on the rules regarding corrupting a hobbit, and you don't consider that there is a chance it's because I am a hobbit? Your notes tell you it's because I was the corrupter.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

2 other things that bug me bout grund....

1. we had the chacne to hunt for golum yesterday and even the day before yesterday, he was against it. I dont have hte post handy, look it up. I much rather would have prefered two shots at golum than 1 right now, which is pretty much a crap shoot.

2. I think its best to keep team evil guessing as to where the ring is right now.
Bayraktar!!!!

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Unagi wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:From the earliest notes, I still figure Unagi as Original Evil, assumed WK
I corrected you on the rules regarding corrupting a hobbit, and you don't consider that there is a chance it's because I am a hobbit? Your notes tell you it's because I was the corrupter.
A corrupter - or corrupted.
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Newcastle wrote:2 other things that bug me bout grund....

1. we had the chacne to hunt for golum yesterday and even the day before yesterday, he was against it. I dont have hte post handy, look it up. I much rather would have prefered two shots at golum than 1 right now, which is pretty much a crap shoot.

2. I think its best to keep team evil guessing as to where the ring is right now.
Oh, I see - #2 is your explanation for your post where you claim to have the ring?
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Brendan wrote:
Newcastle wrote:2 other things that bug me bout grund....

Oh, I see - #2 is your explanation for your post where you claim to have the ring?
but i do have the ring and its either going to you, scoop, or maybe unagi
Bayraktar!!!!

theohall

Post by theohall »

GrundbeGollum 

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Brendan, I don't envy you but I certainly know how it feels. The rings been calling me since I carelessly tossed it in Theohall's direction and he started spouting off to everyone he had it. Best way to win the game is to end the final threat.

If I'm wrong at least I don't have to worry about where to toss the ring. :twisted:

grundbegriff 

Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
stessier

Post by stessier »

Meh - probably a better choice.

Grund 

I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Unagi wrote:
some people put obvious errors out there to see who knows the answer... HOBBIT rules make no mention of the inability for the WK to corrupt them. WK rules do. You pointed it out. Are we to infer that anyone who did not point it out is therefore NOT a Hobbit? You are the WK, and very shortly you will have lost this game. Either we or Gollum win. Your only hope is that the Ring ends up in the single other Freeps hands whether you corrupted him or not.
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Chaosraven wrote:
Unagi wrote:
some people put obvious errors out there to see who knows the answer... HOBBIT rules make no mention of the inability for the WK to corrupt them. WK rules do. You pointed it out. Are we to infer that anyone who did not point it out is therefore NOT a Hobbit? You are the WK, and very shortly you will have lost this game. Either we or Gollum win. Your only hope is that the Ring ends up in the single other Freeps hands whether you corrupted him or not.
I never can tell if you are serious. You really don't think that anyone but the WK knew that the WK couldn't corrupt a hobbit. Frankly, as the WK, I don't think I would have corrected that post of yours at all.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Ho ho ho hee hee hee i'm the laughing gnome and you can't catch me
"Where are you off to?"

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Unagi wrote:Image

nifty website there unagi....
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

/lurk on

/lurk off
Bayraktar!!!!

Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

OK. Well, I'm back. I see y'all have voted me off the Island.

I'm a Hobbit, as I said, so that leaves exactly one Hobbit other than Frodo to whom the current Ringbearer can pass the Ring. Nice work, non-Evils. ;)

Good luck, Brendan. Be wise.

Scoop: I would have gone with you to the end, into the very fires of Mordor.
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Well, that would be too bad.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

• Scoop acc Isgrimnur
  • Grundbegriff acc Isgrimnur
  • theohall acc Isgrimnur
  • Scoop wd Isgrimnur
  • Grundbegriff wd Isgrimnur
  • theohall wd Isgrimnur
  • Isgrimnur acc Newcastle
    stessier acc stessier
  • Newcastle acc Grundbegriff
  • Chaosraven acc Grundbegriff
  • theohall acc Grundbegriff
  • Scoop acc Grundbegriff
  • stessier wd stessier
  • stessier acc Grundbegriff
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

I don't think that vote record provides much guidance, given that Scoop and theohall were right in the thick of things. No telling whether others who voted for me were good; no telling whether the one not on the vote is bad. Who knows?
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Brendan wrote:I think it was both a mistake to reveal that you'd passed me the ring, and, in fact, a mistake to reveal that the ring wasn't with Frodo at all. :cry:
+1
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

VOTING IS CLOSED!!!

Against Grundbegriff (5): Newcastle, Chaosraven, theohall, Scoop20906, stessier

Against Newcastle (1): Isgrimnur

No vote registered: Unagi, Grundbegriff, Brendan

Grundbegriff is sent to Scout.
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Lagom Lite

Fellowship of the Ring (WW) - Journey 7 Black Gate of Mordor

Post by Lagom Lite »

Journey 7 – The Black Gate of Mordor

The two vast iron doors of the Black Gate under its frowning arch were fast closed. Upon the battlement nothing could be seen. All was silent but watchful. They were come to the last end of their folly, and stood forlorn and chill in the grey light of early day before towers and walls which they could not assault with hope, not even if it had brought thither engines of great power, and the Enemy had no more force than would suffice for the manning of the gate and wall alone.

No choice was left them but to play their part to its end. Before them towards Mordor lay like a moat a great mire of reeking mud and foul-smelling pools.

”Come forth!” Grundbegriff cried. ”Let the Lord of the Black Land come forth! Justice shall be done upon him. For wrongfully he has made war upon Gondor and wrested its lands.”

There came a long rolling of great drums like thunder in the mountains, and then a braying of horns that shook the very stones and stunned men’s ears. And thereupon the middle door of the Black Gate was thrown open with a great clang, and out of it came an embassy from the Dark Tower.

He it was that now rode out, and with him came only a small company of black-harnessed soldiery, and a single banner, black but bearing on it in red the Evil Eye. Now halting a few paces before the Captains of the West he looked them up and down and laughed.

”Is there anyone in this rout with authority to treat with me?” he asked. ”Or indeed with wit to understand me? Not thou at least!” he mocked, turning to the Company with scorn. ”Why, any brigand of the hills can show as good a following!”

Drums rolled and fires leaped up. The great doors of the Black Gate swung back wide. Out of it streamed a great host as swiflty as swirling waters when a sluice is lifted. From the host of Mordor there went up a jeering yell. Dust rose smothering the air, as from nearby there marched up an army of Easterlings that had waited for the signal in the shadows of Ered Lithui beyond the further Tower. Down from the hills on either side of the Morannon poured Orcs innumerable. The men of the West were trapped, and soon, all about they grey mounds where they stood, forces ten times and more than ten times their match would ring them in a sea of enemies. Grundbegriff was the first to be slain.

Sauron had taken the proffered bait in jaws of steel, for meanwhile, a small number of little creatures had sneaked around, through a back-passage known to few…

Grundbegriff has been slain by the forces of Mordor!
Grundbegriff was a Hobbit.

Players:

1. Arcanis, a Servant of the Eye, slain by the Fellowship
2. Semaj of the Free People, slain by Uruk-Hai
3. Remus West, a Servant of the Eye, slain by the Fellowship
4. Isgrimnur
5. Grundbegriff, a Hobbit, slain by the forces of Mordor
6. Chaosraven
7. Brendan
8. tru1cy of the Free People, slain by the Watcher in the Water
9. Scoop20906
10. Unagi
11. theohall
12. redrun, a Servant of the Eye, slain by the Fellowship
13. Newcastle
14. stessier

Ringbearer, will you pass on the Ring?
Aragorn, will you protect a player?

Gollum, whose bags will you search?
Witch-King, will you scan a player?
Witch-King, will you corrupt a player?
Uruk-Hai, will you hunt a player?

Gandalf, will you scan a player?

But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Brendan

Re: Fellowship of the Ring (WW) - Journey 7 Black Gate of Mo

Post by Brendan »

Oh, bother.
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

I'm sort of surprised the witch king hasn't revealed himself to plead for a joint victory with the ringbearer. "Just pass me the ring, or merely hold on to it, and we'll win together, you, and I, and Remus, and nefarious others!"

I guess he doesn't know whether he'd be appealing to Newcastle or I, but still, seems like an obvious opportunity to save his squad's chances.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Brendan wrote:I'm sort of surprised the witch king hasn't revealed himself to plead for a joint victory with the ringbearer. "Just pass me the ring, or merely hold on to it, and we'll win together, you, and I, and Remus, and nefarious others!"

I guess he doesn't know whether he'd be appealing to Newcastle or I, but still, seems like an obvious opportunity to save his squad's chances.
I had that same thought. My hope is that degree of selfish win is perhaps beyond us all.

Anyhow, due to my history with Scoop, Theohall, and even Brendan - I can see how I'm "hinky", I don't think any amount of "why you should trust me" would help.

I'm a hobbit. I fought for my life at the beginning of this game (when Remus and Newcastle offered me a mercy kill due to my new home/pending baby) because I didn't want us to lose a hobbit on a day 1 Lynch.
I planted my code, but I agree that anyone can do that.

I'm sure that does nothing for ya.
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

It's gratifying to see that you think I'm actually the one with the ring. ;)

Let's wait to hear from Newcastle!
stessier

Post by stessier »

Lagom Lite wrote:Grundbegriff was a Hobbit.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

No way.

I was trying to think of the times I have been this shocked by something in one of these games. Bakhtosh shooting Grund. tru1cy getting pr0ner to shoot Scoop for spoofing a role. And now this.

My whole world view shifts in one fell swoop. Grund was a blindly bad good guy meaning Unagi is a bad guy thereby killing any hope I had of getting anything right (and who will owe me all the Pepsi I can drink - I lived in Detroit from 1998-2000 and my mother was born and raised there, so I like to call it home. :P). My bet is Gollum rather than corrupted. To be so proud of his code just screams "See, I'm one of you!"

I haven't made this easy for you, but feel free to ask whatever you need. Everyone had me as evil. EVERYONE. And now I'm part of our last best hope. This amuses me. :lol:
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Unagi wrote:
Brendan wrote:I'm sort of surprised the witch king hasn't revealed himself to plead for a joint victory with the ringbearer. "Just pass me the ring, or merely hold on to it, and we'll win together, you, and I, and Remus, and nefarious others!"

I had that same thought. My hope is that degree of selfish win is perhaps beyond us all.
Would that truly be a selfish win? I'm sure it'd seem selfless to redrun, Remus, et al. ;)
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Sorry, Grund. Part of me wanted to trust you but part of me had you as a sneaky Gollum.

Brendan, if you want I can tell you who I think the final hobbit is however saying it might cause Gollum to search him instead of me. Just something to think about.

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Brendan wrote:It's gratifying to see that you think I'm actually the one with the ring. ;)

Let's wait to hear from Newcastle!
Seriously grund, why do you have to play such an evil game at times.

shouldnt the ring go back to one of the provens? i am kind of confused what to do with it now...give it to scoopers or should i give it theo...hmm decissions. Am kind of thinking you right now brendan, but not sure. Youre really not so proven to right now, except for that cover that theohall threw up. Nicely played mate! Gah, i hate having such a large decission before me.

Now if this were some alternative reality where Brendan had the coin....I think the safest thing is throw it to one of the provens right now, dont you think that would be the wisest choice? Why even take a chance on a 50-50 split. I am not sure what unagi is, but i know i am a hobbit, and this hobbit is not a risk taker. Really the question is where do we think gollum is going to go...and for that i have to wonder.

anyway, back to my big decission on where to toss this ring like a wedding bouquet.

/searches his satchel for his pipe
leans against a rock and starts to puff
Bayraktar!!!!

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Wow, what an odd game this has been. The after game discussion will be interesting. :wink:

I want to take my hat off to Lagom Lite. The game has kept me guessing the whole way. Thats a nice achievement.

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

The Fellowship wins if:
At the start of the 7th Chapter: If any other Hobbit than Frodo or Gollum controls the One Ring, the Fellowship destroys it and wins.
After the start of the 7th Chapter: If Frodo has the Ring, he must pass it on to an uncorrupted Hobbit (even if this Hobbit has previously held the Ring) or to Gollum for the Fellowship to win. Any other action results in a win for the Servants of the Eye.

i think we do have a larger pool to toss it to than previously discussed right?
Bayraktar!!!!

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Um, I don't think so. I think you need to pass it to a hobbit who hasn't held it before (or Frodo), but if Frodo successfully receives it, he can pass it back to any hobbit.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

:binky: Pass it to meeeeeeeeeeee :binky:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Brendan wrote:Um, I don't think so. I think you need to pass it to a hobbit who hasn't held it before (or Frodo), but if Frodo successfully receives it, he can pass it back to any hobbit.
okies, well i guess will submit my order than.
/crosses fingers, toes and locks of hair
/tosses ring to another hobbit
Bayraktar!!!!