BSG VI -The Social -Canceled -Reroll of Roles tonight.

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Unagi

Re: BSG VI -The Social -Day 1 -Someonebedead

Post by Unagi »

Lassr wrote:
Unagi wrote:
Lassr wrote:I had meant to amend the Ellen rule by making the nightly visit a choice not a requirement...
That would totally go against the essense of Ellen.
Can discuss now.

I was toying with this rule before we started. I think it is OK, I remembered I was going to fix that by letting the Cylons sleep with the one they kill that night so they could fake it. When I went back that was when I discovered I forgot to switch the sequence to show that possibility.
I seriously think she should have no option - she can't control herself. She can't
Unagi

Re: BSG VI -The Social -Canceled -Reroll of Roles tonight.

Post by Unagi »

Remus West wrote:KK, you suck. We had this on lock-down. :x :lol:
with Chaos being touched on Night 0, you really think you would have walked away today?
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

I would post the flavor text but I'm going to recycle for tonight so I don't have to rewrite so much the first time. SO please keep them to yourself for now.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Newcastle wrote:sweet! reroll!
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Unagi wrote:
Lassr wrote:
Unagi wrote:
Lassr wrote:I had meant to amend the Ellen rule by making the nightly visit a choice not a requirement...
That would totally go against the essense of Ellen.
Can discuss now.

I was toying with this rule before we started. I think it is OK, I remembered I was going to fix that by letting the Cylons sleep with the one they kill that night so they could fake it. When I went back that was when I discovered I forgot to switch the sequence to show that possibility.
I seriously think she should have no option - she can't control herself. She can't
I do think that the "target" should not know though since it is otherwise a public scan for the Human side. Publically proving players for the other side is a HUGE disadvantage. Sure, a Special could/would know due to getting their power screwed up but other than that they shouldn't be told. For instance, targetting a special that did nothing in the night shouldn't inform them since they had no order prevented.

Who did Athena try and scan anyway?

Plus, I'm claiming victory for us in this itteration due to being on scedule to eliminate Athena and Starbuck before either managed to do anything.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Unagi wrote:
with Chaos being touched on Night 0, you really think you would have walked away today?
Yes. I haven't done anything involving CR for games and games and games. Plus, I could claim Athena before him and be reasonably certain he was that since that was the only good role that had anything to do last night other than Starbuck and we knew who that was as well. :P

Who you going to believe, the guy who claims Athena first and claims to have scanned the other as a Cylon or the other who goes "wait, I'm Athena not him" after being named Cylon? Even if CR wasn't Athena and I got countered by someone else all that would mean was we would have every special in our pocket day 1.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
stessier

Post by stessier »

I'm still at work. My laptop is almost dead. I assume I am not dreaming when I see we are re-rolling.

Grund - you'll be happy to know you didn't have a gun. :)

I think Ellen has to sleep, but as long as she can go after the night kill, I think it prevents the Insta-Proven aspect. Well, mostly. Of course that may just be my mushy brain rationalizing stuff.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Scoop20906 wrote:So, whose afraid of the big bad Grund?
Remus and Brendan. :lol: :ninja:
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Lassr wrote:I would post the flavor text but I'm going to recycle for tonight so I don't have to rewrite so much the first time. SO please keep them to yourself for now.
Not to be a complete PITA but you need to change them so that the good specials can not drop hints from the flavor text to each other.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Remus West wrote:Who you going to believe, the guy who claims Athena first and claims to have scanned the other as a Cylon or the other who goes "wait, I'm Athena not him" after being named Cylon?
:shock: :shock: :shock:
You seriously asking ME this question?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Unagi wrote:
Remus West wrote:Who you going to believe, the guy who claims Athena first and claims to have scanned the other as a Cylon or the other who goes "wait, I'm Athena not him" after being named Cylon?
You seriously asking ME this question?
Yeah, but what I'm talking about is I come forward and claim Athena - "I scanned Chaosraven. He is a Cylon." Then Chaosraven comes forward and says "Wait, I'm Athena and we have a Cylon in Remus but my scan was blocked." You were not named Athena cylon by Athena, you just mad a bad guess as to who had been scanned.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

everyone should have new roles. I'll start the game tonight if everyone has gotten there PM. There will be a new thread obviously.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Kenetickid

Post by Kenetickid »

Yes I know I seriouslt screwed the Cylon team in this one, but as remus said we had the game completely locked with our find of Starbuck and a "special" on the first night. For what it is worth I am sorry that we all have to re-roll but this is the second online game that I have played like this and for pete's sack I got like uber excited (weather from the uber scans on night 0 or left overs from chaosraven >.<) and was talking to his wife and mine about what had happened. And for holy crapness sack he was in the shower when I was talking does he have like bat hearing or somethin?
The world is a swirling maelstrom of death and decay. It's inhabitants feed upon each other in a vile feast of flesh and blood. We should all live this way because it is the way of the universe that the strong survive and the weak PERISH!

Remember, Cthulhu saves too...........He just saves you for last.
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Remus, I agree with considering that a cylon victory. :D

I was going to make the full court press for concluding that CR was a cylon faking it - "Oh, verrrrrry convenient that he doesn't have a scan result." Certainly he and stessier were going to eat it ASAP.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Remus West wrote: I do think that the "target" should not know though since it is otherwise a public scan for the Human side. Publically proving players for the other side is a HUGE disadvantage.
even though the Cylons may kill the sex victim and claim to have been sexed themselves?

So the Cylons should have a memory eraser of some kind?

Black Lives Matter
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Kenetickid wrote:for pete's sack I got like uber excited
theohall

Post by theohall »

Grundbegriff wrote:
Well, Remus was in the shower :horse:
stessier

Post by stessier »

theohall wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:
No - Chaos was in the shower. :wub:
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Truth be told, Grund was eliminated mostly because of scenario 6 - most funny.
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Also, scenario 7 - Grund specific - was "They don't think anyone else will make coherent posts of lists!"
stessier

Post by stessier »

Hey Lassr - you still have time to put your boards on the ooww! :)
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Fwiw, I did place an Athena clue...
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
stessier

Post by stessier »

Chaosraven wrote:Fwiw, I did place an Athena clue...
I didn't place any.

We're such tricky tricksters!
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

stessier wrote:
I didn't place any.

and yet both of you were soon to be dead meat. :twisted:
stessier

Post by stessier »

Remus West wrote:
stessier wrote:
I didn't place any.

We would have gotten you first! We had two lynches before you'd get us both. It's not like I need a reason to vote for you. :twisted:
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

stessier wrote:
Remus West wrote:
stessier wrote:
I didn't place any.

We would have gotten you first! We had two lynches before you'd get us both. It's not like I need a reason to vote for you. :twisted:
Pffft. Even if I die, it doesn't matter since I had already found you. :P
theohall

Post by theohall »

stessier wrote:
theohall wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:
No - Chaos was in the shower. :wub:
Chaos, Remus, what's the difference? ;)
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Three inches, fifty pounds, and a foreskin
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Brendan wrote:Remus, I agree with considering that a cylon victory. :D

I was going to make the full court press for concluding that CR was a cylon faking it - "Oh, verrrrrry convenient that he doesn't have a scan result." Certainly he and stessier were going to eat it ASAP.
no way... lol

When I converted lassr in the 300 game that died, we called it a draw
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Kenetickid wrote:Yes I know I seriouslt screwed the Cylon team in this one, but as remus said we had the game completely locked with our find of Starbuck and a "special" on the first night. For what it is worth I am sorry that we all have to re-roll but this is the second online game that I have played like this and for pete's sack I got like uber excited (weather from the uber scans on night 0 or left overs from chaosraven >.<) and was talking to his wife and mine about what had happened. And for holy crapness sack he was in the shower when I was talking does he have like bat hearing or somethin?
my bowels and the cats betrayed you. I was using the facilities when Oreo and Domino pushed open the door before I got into the shower.
"Where are you off to?"

Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Unagi wrote:
Between that and Grunds death, I had Remus and Bubs as my top suspects, heh
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Semaj wrote:
Unagi wrote:
You'd like to think I get around like that wouldn't you Semaj? No I was working for the good guys. Just trying to keep the street clean from women like Ellen.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Huh. Thats funny. One of the reasons I suggested offing Grund is because it is so far away from what I usually do as a bad guy. Yet it was getting me suspected? I knew the targeting of Chaosraven would - in spite of the fact I have not targeted him for I can not remember the last time (he has been targeting me lately).
Kenetickid

Post by Kenetickid »

Chaosraven wrote:
Kenetickid wrote:Yes I know I seriouslt screwed the Cylon team in this one, but as remus said we had the game completely locked with our find of Starbuck and a "special" on the first night. For what it is worth I am sorry that we all have to re-roll but this is the second online game that I have played like this and for pete's sack I got like uber excited (weather from the uber scans on night 0 or left overs from chaosraven >.<) and was talking to his wife and mine about what had happened. And for holy crapness sack he was in the shower when I was talking does he have like bat hearing or somethin?
my bowels and the cats betrayed you. I was using the facilities when Oreo and Domino pushed open the door before I got into the shower.
O that's so unfair I swear I am gonna kill the cats and have a few of em for dinner
The world is a swirling maelstrom of death and decay. It's inhabitants feed upon each other in a vile feast of flesh and blood. We should all live this way because it is the way of the universe that the strong survive and the weak PERISH!

Remember, Cthulhu saves too...........He just saves you for last.
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Mr Bubbles wrote:
Semaj wrote:
Unagi wrote:
You'd like to think I get around like that wouldn't you Semaj? No I was working for the good guys. Just trying to keep the street clean from women like Ellen.
sssuuurrreeee

You may say that, and the mod ma have said it... but I got my eye on you...
theohall

Post by theohall »

Chaosraven wrote:Three inches, fifty pounds, and a foreskin
Frakin' literalist.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

as requested - questions over in this thread:

Lassr wrote:Note Ellen rule change. She may drug her nightly partner so that they cannot remember the sex. It is an option.

if you'd like to talk rules, please use the dead game so we do not clutter up the start of this one. Thank you for your cooperation.
The drugging is an option. (I assume turned in at the same time as her 'sleep with X' order)

What about the sex? (wasn't that what you were talking about making optional before?)
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Unagi wrote:as requested - questions over in this thread:

Lassr wrote:Note Ellen rule change. She may drug her nightly partner so that they cannot remember the sex. It is an option.

if you'd like to talk rules, please use the dead game so we do not clutter up the start of this one. Thank you for your cooperation.
The drugging is an option. (I assume turned in at the same time as her 'sleep with X' order)

What about the sex? (wasn't that what you were talking about making optional before?)
She's gonna get her freak own every night, now she may have a reason for them to remember it, then again she may not want them ever to remember it. But it's a strategic option

Yes, she will turn it in at the time of the frak order

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Lassr wrote:
Unagi wrote:as requested - questions over in this thread:

She's gonna get her freak own every night, now she may have a reason for them to remember it, then again she may not want them ever to remember it. But it's a strategic option

Yes, she will turn it in at the time of the frak order
I think I want to limit it to 4 doses of drugs available for Ellen to use.

Black Lives Matter