BSG VI -The Social -Canceled -Reroll of Roles tonight.

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Isgrimnur

Re: BSG VI -The Social -Day 1 -Someonebedead

Post by Isgrimnur »

Newcastle 

...for firsting.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

stessier 

so he may take as long a nap as he needs and not feel pressured to step into the thread.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Ellen - she sleeps with a player of her choice each night.
One of you deliberately chose me
That player, if he has a special role, cannot perform any special functions that night.
So if I had something to do, it didn't get done
Cannot sleep with the same player more than once.
At least THAT'S over
Ellen can be denied her nightly adventure by a Starbuck protection of that person.
Obviously I was not protected by Starbuck
Twice during the game she may search the players room she is sleeping with to determine if they have a special role, but not what role they play.
Do we assume Ellen used up one of these on me?
Results of scan would be special or not special.
Because to Counteract Cylon Knowledge, if she *DID* this info should then be common knowledge
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Unagi wrote:The weird thing about that picture is; no mater where you stand in the room, the eyes always appear to be ignoring you.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
theohall

Post by theohall »

I am ignoring CR's Ellen comment, because it does not tell us anything, except CR had company, cannot have company again, and is not Ellen. It tells us nothing else about CR.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Remus West wrote: Lassr, can the Cylons target one of their own with the sexbot?
Wha...uh, No, the Cylon civil war has not started yet.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Kenetickid

Post by Kenetickid »

Chaosraven wrote:Ellen - she sleeps with a player of her choice each night.
One of you deliberately chose me
That player, if he has a special role, cannot perform any special functions that night.
So if I had something to do, it didn't get done
Cannot sleep with the same player more than once.
At least THAT'S over
Ellen can be denied her nightly adventure by a Starbuck protection of that person.
Obviously I was not protected by Starbuck
Twice during the game she may search the players room she is sleeping with to determine if they have a special role, but not what role they play.
Because to Counteract Cylon Knowledge, if she *DID* this info should then be common knowledge
So with the end you put on that are you saying that if we all assume that Ellen searched your room you are going to self out so that it is all common knowledge about your role and starbuck will atleast be able to delay the inevitable?
The world is a swirling maelstrom of death and decay. It's inhabitants feed upon each other in a vile feast of flesh and blood. We should all live this way because it is the way of the universe that the strong survive and the weak PERISH!

Remember, Cthulhu saves too...........He just saves you for last.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

theohall wrote:I am ignoring CR's Ellen comment, because it does not tell us anything, except CR had company, cannot have company again, and is not Ellen. It tells us nothing else about CR.
Lassr wrote:
Remus West wrote: Lassr, can the Cylons target one of their own with the sexbot?
Interesting order for those two posts. I had assumed that they would not "attack" themselves but it is good to know. Which means it tells us a lot more about CR. It tells us he is on our side.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Remus West wrote:
Brendan wrote:Is Isgrimnur really prone to self-voting? I can't remember him surviving long enough to do so.
I do not remember him doing it but I wouldn't stand on that.
In review, I've done it once.
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Isgrimnur wrote:
Remus West wrote:
Brendan wrote:Is Isgrimnur really prone to self-voting? I can't remember him surviving long enough to do so.
It's very CR of you to actually go through your previous games' voting histories. Are you in league with an obssessive-compulsive stat nerd? :D
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Brendan wrote:
Isgrimnur wrote:
Remus West wrote:
It's very CR of you to actually go through your previous games' voting histories. Are you in league with an obssessive-compulsive stat nerd? :D
No, I'm actually a borderline one myself. My sig shows where I am in post count and who I plan on passing. I thoroughly enjoy doing research, but there are levels of stat nerd to which I could only aspire (or say "there but the Grace of God go I").

It was pretty easy to search this forum with both my name as author and in the text. Once I sorted through all the quotes I had where someone quoted me first, it was pretty easy.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Well, at least we don't have to worry about offing Grund ourselves because we can't trust him. Saves us a lynch we can use on the cylons.

So, whose afraid of the big bad Grund?
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Remus West wrote:
theohall wrote:I am ignoring CR's Ellen comment, because it does not tell us anything, except CR had company, cannot have company again, and is not Ellen. It tells us nothing else about CR.
Lassr wrote:
Interesting order for those two posts. I had assumed that they would not "attack" themselves but it is good to know. Which means it tells us a lot more about CR. It tells us he is on our side.
I had meant to amend the Ellen rule by making the nightly visit a choice not a requirement...but I didn't...so carry on. It doesn't break the game.
Last edited by Lassr on Mon May 17, 2010 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
theohall

Post by theohall »

Remus West wrote:
Lassr wrote:
Unless he is a conniving Cylon.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Kenetickid wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:Twice during the game she may search the players room she is sleeping with to determine if they have a special role, but not what role they play.
So with the end you put on that are you saying that if we all assume that Ellen searched your room you are going to self out so that it is all common knowledge about your role and starbuck will atleast be able to delay the inevitable?
All Ellen would know is Special/Not Special. If the result is Special, she doesn't learn the Role. I would hope for Starbuck protection anyway, as Starbuck then has people to choose from beyond "self"
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

theohall wrote:
Remus West wrote:
Lassr wrote:
Unless he is a conniving Cylon.
Well, Lassr is saying she has to sex someone up, right?

Lassr, does a target automatically know if they've been, uh, coupled with Ellen?
If yes, then we can assume CR is a good guy because there'd be a counter claim otherwise, given the earlier ruling that she can't target a cylon? "No, man, she was with me last night!" I think I get Remus' point now.

Oh, unless the sexbot targeted Grund - then CR could be a conniving cylon, I guess. I suppose that might actual be a workable ploy, but my intuition says it's a risky play.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Lassr wrote:
Remus West wrote:
Lassr wrote:
I had meant to amend the Ellen rule by making the nightly visit a choice not a requirement...but I didn't...so carry on. It doesn't break the game.
I did discover an error in the rules. Please note the sequence should be
1. Leoben interrupts Starbuck
2. Starbuck searches for player with the gun.
3. Starbuck protects
4. Ellen gets nasty
5. Cylons assassinate
6. D'Anna scans.
7. Athena scans
8. Leoben scans
9. Gaeta researches

that is the order in which I process the orders. 4 and 5 were incorrectly switched in the original post. (note: No one gets results from activities performed at night until the start of the day cycle).

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Brendan wrote: Lassr, does a target automatically know if they've been, uh, coupled with Ellen?[/color]
She's good, damn good actually, you will remember a night with her.

Black Lives Matter
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Lassr wrote:
Brendan wrote: Lassr, does a target automatically know if they've been, uh, coupled with Ellen?[/color]
/evil cackle

heh heh heh

uhm, ellen, please visit brendan so he can have a first hand experience of the talented lassr's delightful, sensual, and descriptive writing style.
Bayraktar!!!!

Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Newcastle wrote:
Lassr wrote:
/evil cackle

heh heh heh

uhm, ellen, please visit brendan so he can have a first hand experience of the talented lassr's delightful, sensual, and descriptive writing style.
Now that is just cruel. :lol:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Newcastle wrote:
Lassr wrote:
/evil cackle

heh heh heh

Um, that's cool - it sounds like an experience I can do without. I'm not looking for "sensual" in my WW games. :D

Ok, so with Lassr's updated order of operations, the question becomes: Lassr, can cylons knowingly target a player for both assassination and ellen sexing?

I'm going to say that it's highly likely that Grund wasn't Starbuck, because Starbuck has very little incentive not to self-protect on the first night, particularly when protecting a bad cylon gets you killed. Right?

The wheels-upon-wheels version of this plot would be for a bad cylon to draw Starbuck's protection. I'd think CR would have to be pretty ballsy to pull that off though.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

1 kenetickid -------
2 Chaosraven -------
3 theohall -------
4 Newcastle ------- stessier
5 Remus West -------
6 Unagi -------
7 semaj -------
8 tru1cy -------
9 stessier -------
10 Isgrimnur ------- Newcastle
11 Scoop20906 -------
12 Brendan -------
13 redrun -------
14 Mr. Bubbles -------
Grundbegriff -------

Newcastle ------- 1
stessier ------- 1
-------
-------
-------

Majority is 8

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

TIME OUT!

There may be a problem. We may need another player.

Please listen to the music in your head while I put you on hold.

Black Lives Matter
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Ellen that little slut.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Brendan wrote: Lassr, can cylons knowingly target a player for both assassination and ellen sexing?
I'll go ahead and answer while we are in a holding pattern; Yes, that is possible. Sex first though, because otherwise that would just be too nasty, even for me.

Black Lives Matter
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Lassr wrote:TIME OUT!

Is that a new player or does someone need to bow out?
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Remus West wrote:
Lassr wrote:TIME OUT!

Is that a new player or does someone need to bow out?
Someone told that they overheard pertinent game info they were not entitled to, so I think I'm going to need to replace that person.

Black Lives Matter
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Lassr wrote:I had meant to amend the Ellen rule by making the nightly visit a choice not a requirement...
That would totally go against the essense of Ellen.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

May, for meta reasons - need to re-roll?
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Unagi wrote:May, for meta reasons - need to re-roll?
Hoping to get Ellen the second time? Is that why you want to reroll.

You sick little monkey.. I get the impression you'd enjoy it way too much.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Yes we need to start over.

Chaosraven overheard Kenetickid (they live under the same roof). So i would need to replace both of them. Since we are not far into the game I will reroll tonight and start fresh.

Black Lives Matter
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

:grund:
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Lassr wrote:
Yes we need to start over.

Chaosraven overheard Kenetickid (they live under the same roof). So i would need to replace both of them. Since we are not far into the game I will reroll tonight and start fresh.
I figured as much...

kenetickid has a huge mouth. :wink: :D
Brendan

Re: BSG VI -The Social -Canceled -Reroll of Roles tonight.

Post by Brendan »

The end result was preordained anyway.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

KK, you suck. We had this on lock-down. :x :lol:
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Unagi wrote:
Lassr wrote:I had meant to amend the Ellen rule by making the nightly visit a choice not a requirement...
That would totally go against the essense of Ellen.
Can discuss now.

I was toying with this rule before we started. I think it is OK, I remembered I was going to fix that by letting the Cylons sleep with the one they kill that night so they could fake it. When I went back that was when I discovered I forgot to switch the sequence to show that possibility.

Black Lives Matter
theohall

Post by theohall »

Great! I may be cell-phone only starting Wed, ending Fri. Fortunately, it is a Droid, just still have to figure out how to type consistently on the darn thing. Yes, I know to turn the phone sideways, even if I am too old to understand the hype of Transformers and Thundercats.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Kenetickid screwed himself. The Cylons found Starbuck and Athena on the first night.

Black Lives Matter
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

sweet! reroll!

and whoever gets ellen, PLEASE VISIT BRENDAN!!! He needs some serious love, serious loving rather...not serious love, or else that would go against ellen, seriously
Bayraktar!!!!

Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Athena -------- Chaosraven
Gaeta -------- Mr. Bubbles
Starbuck -------- stessier
Tyrol -------- Scoop20906
Ellen -------- kenetickid
D'Anna -------- Brendan
Leoben -------- Remus West
Citizen -------- Newcastle
Citizen -------- Grundbegriff
Citizen -------- tru1cy
Citizen -------- redrun
Citizen -------- theohall
Citizen -------- semaj
Citizen -------- Isgrimnur
Citizen -------- Unagi

Black Lives Matter