Arkham Horror: Turn 10. INVESTIGATOR VICTORY!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

stessier

Re: Arkham Horror Turn 7 Mythos up at last...

Post by stessier »

Semaj wrote:So in theory I am dropping 3, if someone wants to wait in the city streets hoping the animals will fly to him, so be it.
There is fog. All Baddies are stacked in a holding pattern until ATC can get it straightened out.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Gryndyl

Post by Gryndyl »

Ok, first wave o' encounter PMs is out.
Gryndyl

Post by Gryndyl »

Turn 8 Encounters

Upkeep Rolls:
semaj: retainer 4 success. +$2
lars: retainer 2 success +$2
stessier: retainer 6 success +$2

Semaj:

(lore 4 luck 2)
You return from the frozen wastes of the Plateau of Leng to the "safety" of Arkham. The gate snarls shut behind you.
Lore 4 -1 Leng: 5,3,2 success! Gate closed and sealed. -5 clues, gate trophy gained. Diamond gate. Elder Thing removed.

Isgrimnur:

(+ 1 san to docd)
After spending some time trying to convince the man in the top hat, cape and tuxedo that he's sane you make your way to French Hill. Something seems to be lurking at the far end of the street. It passes beneath a lamp and you get the briefest glimpse of one of the most bizarre conglomerations of parts and bits that you could imagine. Just like that the thing is gone, as if it had never been. Are you hallucinating now?
(Elder Thing destroyed by closure of diamond gate)

Scoop20906:

This place has some sort of magnetic draw on you. You step back into the Black Cave. What is it about these damp stone walls? What is it about these rotting vines and dripping stalactites and the clumps of shredded meat on the floor...wait a minute. Shredded meat...with shredded clothing? Those aren't vines, those are intestines! And the "water" dripping all around you is crimson red! You stumble back out of the cave.
-1 san

Remus West:

You make your way inland from the awful shore. Ahead of you rises what almost seems to be a city. A city made of great stones piled together into cyclopean temples festooned with barnacles and seaweed. The stench of rotting fish is stupefying. And the stones, the way they are fitted together...the angles...they remind you of illusions you've seen diagrammed in textbooks. What seems to be a ledge of stone turns out to actually be a recess, a corner really an alcove, a step tricks your eyes into thinking it is a pit and vice versa. You begin making your way down a particularly twisted passage, the tricks and illusions it plays in your mind so strong that you must creep along for fear of losing track of the floor. You glance down and realize that as you move forward that the very angles of your own form are gone awry! You turn and flee from the hall before your very shape is destroyed.
(This required a speed -1 check which made success impossible unless clues were spent. The penalty for failure was being Lost in Time and Space which dumps you back into Arkham after losing a turn. Therefore clues were spent that brings your clue total below 5. You'll be able to close the gate but not seal it; sorry, tried to roll better :P )

speed -1 check to avoid being lost in time and space. 3,1,5 (3 clues)

Lars:

You stop for a breather and do a bit of window shopping. It's nice having the new income but it ain't netted you much yet. Certainly not enough for the stuff in the window of the shop. You feel a tug on your coat and turn to see a small boy.
"Hey, mister! You dropped this!"
He hands you an axe and scurries off. What the hell are you going to do with an axe?
(Gain item: Axe)

DocD:

(+1 san from isgrimnur)
You are pretty sure that there was a thing in the fog, but it didn't seem to manage to notice you which you expect is for the best. (sneak 3 -2 for elder thing, +1 for fog=2 dice. 3,2 fail. exhaust sneak skill. Roll: 5 success!)

You duck into the silver Twilight Lodge for some cover. Hmmm. Seems you've found yourself somewhere unexpected. Another Dimension of some sort. You are standing in the bottom of a narrow crevasse. It narrows rapidly in either direction, too much so for you to pass. The top is lost in the darkness high above. Some helpful chap has left a rope hanging here, however. You begin to climb.
(fight -1 check, no success possible. Use research materials: 1, fail. Use clue: 5, success!)
You reach the top of the crevasse and pull yourself up to find that you have returned to the Silver Twilight Lodge! Other dimensions got nothing on The Great Drake! You snap your fingers in contempt at the crevasse behind you and with an almost embarrassed rumble it closes up.
(Lore -0 roll to close gate: 5,5,4,2,1. Success! Gate closed! Gain gate trophy. All square symbol monsters destroyed: none)

Chaosraven:

Ah, the Arkham library! Just the place for a bit o' charity. You see a nun who looks woefully underarmed. Perfect. "Here's a rifle, Sister!"
You hear a sharp voice behind you. "Dr. Vincent!"
You spin to find yourself nailed to the floor by the steely gaze of Ms. Withers, Arkham librarian and one of the nightmares of your childhood. She raises one gnarled finger and pokes you sharply in the chest with it.
"You still owe late fees for 'Evisceration for Fun and Profit'!" she barks. "Pay up or you'll feel my cane, you will!"
Damnation! - $4

Stessier:

You step into the silent hush of the library. A man in a doctor's coat nods at you. "You look like you need this more than I do, Sister!" He hands you a rifle but turns away before you can thank him for the odd gift.
You make your way deeper in and see a book laying on a table.

The thing seems to almost radiate evil. You open it and thumb through pages of hideous diagrams and blasphemous text. God in heaven, who would write such things! You are overwhelmed by the hideousness of its contents and collapse to your knees.
Lore -2 check, no success possible, no clues available. -2 san, -2 stam.

Game Board after turn 8 encounters:

Enlarge Image

Gate Count: 1 Monster Count: 6 Terror Track: 1 Doom Track: 6 of 11 Gate Trophy Total: 6

GM commentary:

A bit of disorganization this turn as we had about 4 different people initially planning to head to French Hill where, due to the gate being closed on phase one, absolutely nothing was happening. Apart from that you guys are coming very close to a victory! Two more gate trophies and you'll be set for a gate closure win.
Gryndyl

Re: Arkham Horror Turn 8 has arrived...

Post by Gryndyl »

TURN 8 MYTHOS

A gate has opened at the Science Building. The Doom Track increases to 7 out of 11.

A Dimensional Shambler and a Witch emerge. The Formless Spawn oozes its way into the French Hill Streets. The Ghoul lopes into Rivertown. The Gug steps into Northside, the ground trembling beneath it. The Nightgaunts are restless but the evil fog still has them grounded.

No clue appears.

Evil Fog is still in effect.
-1 Will checks in Arkham
+1 Sneak checks in Arkham
Flying monsters will not move

(rumor)

The Stars Are Right!

Ongoing Effect: At the end of every Mythos phase beginning the turn after the rumor enters play a die will be rolled. On a 1 or a 2 the Doom Track will increase by 1.

Pass: In order to put this rumor to rest an investigator must discard an Ally while in the Downtown Streets during the Encounter phase. Each investigator will then receive 2 common items.

Fail: No additional Fail penalty. If the Doom track is filled Nyarlathotep will awaken.

Current Game Board
(click to embigify)
Enlarge Image

Gate Count: 2 Monster Count: 8 Terror Track: 1 Doom Track: 7 of 11 Gate Trophy Total: 6

Gate Report:

Graveyard: R'lyeh -3, cross. Currently contains Remus, returning this turn.
Science Building: Unknown Gate

Monster Report:

The skies:
Mi-Go (circle, -2) Threat: Low
Nightgaunt (slash, -2) Threat: Low

The Unnameable:

Northside Streets:
Gug (slash, -2) Threat: High

Rivertown Streets:
Ghoul (hex, -3) Threat: Low

French Hill Streets:
Formless Spawn (hex +0) Threat: Medium

The Science Building:
Dimensional Shambler (square, -3) Threat: low/medium
Witch (circle, -1) Threat: low/medium

Turn 9 move order:

Isgrimnur: Unannounced (sharing location with monster)
Scoop20906: Go to Easttown Streets. (will require sneak check against ghoul)
Remus West: Return from R'lyeh and close gate
Lars: Unannounced
DocD: Unannounced
Chaosraven: Unannounced
Stessier: Unannounced
Semaj: Unannounced (sharing location with monster)

GM Commentary:

Rumors, if not handled relatively promptly, have a way of spiraling a game out of the player's control. This particular rumor requires the sacrifice of an ally, which no one has. Allies can be infrequently obtained at many locations as the result of a random encounter. The only surefire way to get an ally, however, is to go to Ma's Boarding House and buy one by expending 10 points worth of trophies. This can be 10 points worth of monsters, 2 gate trophies (which removes them from the victory count) or 1 gate and 5 points worth of monsters. Note that trophies may NOT be traded amongst players.

Currently NO ONE has the resources to purchase an Ally. Some of you are close, however, and need only grab a monster or two or three to have the necessary points to purchase an Ally.

Since resolving this rumor works directly against the victory you're close to you could always gamble that you'll manage to pull off a victory before the rumor comes to pass... Are you feeling lucky?
Last edited by Gryndyl on Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Chaosraven

Re: Arkham Horror Turn 8 Mythos. Ia! Ia! THE STARS ARE RIGHT

Post by Chaosraven »

Stamina: 4 0f 5

Shouldn't my Stamina be full?
"Where are you off to?"
"I don't know," Snufkin replied.
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Sweet sweet meat come. -LordMortis
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

No change on my stats and I will head to Easttown.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Gryndyl

Post by Gryndyl »

Chaosraven wrote:Stamina: 4 0f 5

Shouldn't my Stamina be full?
It will be if you use your power on yourself ;)

I'll fix that.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Thought I had made mention of it the prior turn right after I lost it
"Where are you off to?"
The door shut again and Snufkin entered his forest, with a hundred miles of silence ahead of him.

Gryndyl

Post by Gryndyl »

Chaosraven wrote:Thought I had made mention of it the prior turn right after I lost it
You might have. I try to keep track of all the details but there's quite a few of 'em :shock:
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Totally Unacceptable. I demand a clue in compensation. ;)
"Where are you off to?"

Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Gryndyl wrote:
Chaosraven wrote:Thought I had made mention of it the prior turn right after I lost it
You might have. I try to keep track of all the details but there's quite a few of 'em :shock:
Went back to look, I didn't specifically state in the thread after the loss to heal myself
"Where are you off to?"

Lars

Post by Lars »

Scoop, I have a one handed axe that I can't currently use, I can hand that to you when be cross paths in the Rivertown streets, if you wish.

I'm thinking I'll just step out into the Rivertown streets, and fight the ghoul with the tommy gun, unless someone else has any other suggestions.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I'll gun down my current enemy.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

How do you determine who the flying bigbads go after?

edit: oh DUH, evil fog still in effect.

But if it wasn't?
"Where are you off to?"

Gryndyl

Post by Gryndyl »

Flying critters will only go after characters in the streets. If there's more than one player in the streets they go after whomever has the lowest sneak score. If there's a tie then they are divided between the two. If they can't be divided evenly then the characters actually make a sneak roll and the odd critter goes after whomever has the worst roll.

That's off the top of my head but I'm pretty sure that's the sequence.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Lars wrote:Scoop, I have a one handed axe that I can't currently use, I can hand that to you when be cross paths in the Rivertown streets, if you wish.

I'm thinking I'll just step out into the Rivertown streets, and fight the ghoul with the tommy gun, unless someone else has any other suggestions.
I'm not sure of how the mechanics would work but I'll take the axe. Thanks.

Lars

Post by Lars »

Scoop20906 wrote:
Lars wrote:Scoop, I have a one handed axe that I can't currently use, I can hand that to you when be cross paths in the Rivertown streets, if you wish.

I missed the magical sword in your possession, so the Axe won't really help you. I'm assuming you are dual wielding the revolver and the sword, then.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Lars wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote:

I missed the magical sword in your possession, so the Axe won't really help you. I'm assuming you are dual wielding the revolver and the sword, then.
Yeah, thats what Im using. Im doing pretty well so far.

Gryndyl

Post by Gryndyl »

Ok, updated turn declaration:

Isgrimnur: Fight at current location
Lars: Fight ghoul in Rivertown
DocD: Encounter at same location
Chaosraven: fight 1/will 3 go to science building and fight
Stessier: Stay in same location for encounter
Semaj: luck/lore 3/3 Stay in same location and fight
PMing this to the wafflers.
Last edited by Gryndyl on Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I'll stay put and try another encounter here. Probably will end up in the Hospital or Asylum anyway.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
docD

Post by docD »

I'll stay at my location and have an encounter.
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

I'll move lore/luck to 3/3 and do what I'm doing. Whee :)
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
Chaosraven

Post by Chaosraven »

Fight 1 Will 3

Go to

The Science Building:
"Where are you off to?"

theohall

Post by theohall »

Gryndyl wrote:Ok, updated turn declaration:

:binky: Somebody is making waffles? I want some!! :binky:
Gryndyl

Post by Gryndyl »

theohall wrote:
Gryndyl wrote:Ok, updated turn declaration:

:binky: Somebody is making waffles? I want some!! :binky:
They are waffles of Ibn-Ghazi and should be approached with caution.

Ok, all moves are in. Encounter PMs have gone out.
Gryndyl

Post by Gryndyl »

Turn 9 Encounters

Upkeep:
semaj: retainer 4 +$2
lars: retainer 2 +$2
stessier: retainer 4 +$2

Isgrimnur:

You come to a dead stop in the street. A great oozing black puddle lies in the road before you, the surface seeming to move with random whirls and eddies, as if something inside stirs it. It begins to rise, at first like an expanding bubble, but then twists itself into a ropey tarry mass. The bulbous node at the end of the mass splits open to reveal jagged teeth.

(san roll: will -1 for spawn, -1 for fog: No success possible. 2 point san loss. Mitigated to 1 by special ability.)

You raise your rifle and blast a shot into the thing. The bullet blows a gaping hole through it...which promptly closes up as if it never was. Desperate you pull out the cavalry saber and swing, leaving a brutal slash across the thing's front...which also instantly closes up. It would appear that this ooze thing is immune to your physical weapons. You turn to flee but are to slow and the black liquid pours over you, enveloping you, constricting you. It pours through your screaming mouth and twists its way down inside of you...

Spawn is physically immune. Combat success is not possible. 2 points stamina damage.
Sneak set at 0. No escape possible. 2 more points stam damage and free trip to the hospital.
You have been defeated. You are at 1 stamina and must select half your items (rounded down, so 1 in your case) to lose. Note: I didn't give you the option to use your food as you had no way to defeat or escape the spawn so all the food would have done was delay your defeat by a turn.

Scoop20906:

You decide to make your way to the peace of the streets of Easttown. Stepping out into Rivertown, however, you find yourself confronted by some twisted thing; a humanoid figure with feral, almost canine features. It lopes towards you making a curious high-pitched 'meep meep' noise. The meeps sound hungry. Fortunately the .38 drops it in its tracks.

sneak 3, ghoul -3 to sneak. No success possible . -1 stamina.
no san roll needed.
fight 4 +.38 3 +enchanted blade 4 -ghoul 1: 10 dice. 6,6,6,5,5,4,1,1,1,1
ghoul killed and gained as 1 point trophy

Remus West:

You emerge from that strange place and find yourself back in the comparative peace of the graveyard. You turn to look at the swirling gateway behind you. You have absolutely no idea how to close the thing.

Fight is 0, Lore is 3. R'lyeh is -3. No success possible.

Lars:

You'd heard that there was something haunting the streets of Rivertown. Those are the sorts of problems you like to solve. You arrive, however, to find some guy in a cheap suit standing over the monster with a smoking .38 in his hand. He looks up at you and takes in your Tommy gun with a glance. "You know," he says, "Fuller makes a mighty fine brush for cleaning the barrels on those. I can get you a great deal on one!"

DocD:

You step into the parlor of the Silver Twilight Lodge and find yourself facing three men in robes. The one in the middle lowers his hood and gives you a scrutinizing look.
"I can see that you are a man of a like-mind," he says. "Our Brother's numbers are made up of men like you. Would you like to join?"
A Brethren of magicians? A dream come true! You give him a delighted nod.
"Excellent! The membership fee is a mere $3."
Your face falls.
"I...I don't have $3..."
The man frowns and the robed figures on either side of him step forward menacingly. You can take a hint readily enough and beat a hasty retreat to the streets.

Chaosraven:

You step into the science building figuring you might find some answers here. You are, after all, a man of science. Instead, however, a sickeningly familiar ripple passes through you and you find yourself ripped through time and space into some other dimension. The passage seemed particularly rough that time. Welcome to Rl'yeh.

roll 1 die per stam. Successes=clues; losses =damage.
6,6,6,2,1. +3 clues. -2 stamina damage, mitigated to 1 by special ability.

Stessier:

You decide a further course of research in the library might shed some light on things. Libraries without nameless demons flying in mists overhead are more along your line of preference and this one fits the bill. The book you want is on a high shelf, however, so you step up onto a chair to reach for it. Whoops! You overbalanced yourself and fall hard against the bookshelf, which slowly tips. It seems to take a small eternity to fall, but fall it does, crashing into the bookshelf on the other side and sending it over as well. One by one, like dominoes, the shelves send each other tumbling their books spilling out with a flapping thunder, until finally, eight rows down, the shelf crashes against the wall. You stand above the wreckage, frozen motionless, standing on one foot on a chair, arm outstretched. The pure malevolent fury on the librarian's face prompts you to recover quickly and flee to the street.

Semaj:

When you see the freakishly gaunt black winged thing perched in the tree you stride forward. Seems these things just don't even bother you anymore. You draw a gun with each hand and march at it, barrels blazing and tearing it out of the tree in pieces.

will 3 -1 for nightgaunt: 5,2 success.
.38 and .45 + fight=9 -2 nightgaunt=7
success! gain nightgaunt as 2 point trophy

Game board after turn 9 Encounters:

Enlarge Image

Gate Count: 2 Monster Count: 6 Terror Track: 1 Doom Track: 7 of 11 Gate Trophy Total: 6

Edit: There is an error on this map-the nightgaunt at The Unnameable has been killed and is no longer there. I'll have it corrected for the Mythos board.
Last edited by Gryndyl on Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Isgrimnur

Re: Arkham Horror: Turn 9 Encounters are up!

Post by Isgrimnur »

Motherfgrbblespltr.

Lose the sword. At least I didn't have any clues to lose.

I assume the sanity mitigation is an early use of next turn's upkeep ability? I don't see anything that would affect it directly in combat.
Gryndyl

Post by Gryndyl »

Isgrimnur wrote:Motherfgrbblespltr.

Lose the sword. At least I didn't have any clues to lose.

I assume the sanity mitigation is an early use of next turn's upkeep ability? I don't see anything that would affect it directly in combat.
Yeah, call it a preemptive move so that I wouldn't forget it next turn. Did the same thing for Chaosraven.
Gryndyl

Post by Gryndyl »

TURN 9 MYTHOS

No gate opens (Unvisited Isle is sealed)
No clue appears.
The Stars are Right rumor roll: 1; Doom track increases by 1 to 8 of 11

The Formless Spawn in French Hill moves to Rivertown to say hello.
The Gug moves to the Merchant District.
The Nightgaunt in the skies remains there due to the fog.

This is a rumor card. As there is already a rumor in play the rest of the effects of this card are ignored.

The Star are Right rumor is still in effect.
The Evil Fog is still in effect

Current Game Board
(click to embigify)
Enlarge Image

Gate Count: 2 Monster Count: 6 Terror Track: 1 Doom Track: 8 of 11 Gate Trophy Total: 6

Gate Report:
Graveyard: R'lyeh -3, cross.
Science Building: R'lyeh -3, cross. Currently contains Chaosraven

Monster Report:

The skies:
Mi-Go (circle, -2) Threat: Low

Merchant District Streets:
Gug (slash, -2) Threat: High

Rivertown Streets:
Formless Spawn (hex +0) Threat: Medium; Notes: Physical Immunity (discovered by Isgrimnur)

The Science Building:

Turn 10 move order:

Scoop20906: Unannounced (sharing location with monster)
Remus West: Adjust Lore to 5, cast Voice of Ra, close gate.
Lars: Sp/Sn 3/3 Sneak past monster and got to Ma's Boarding House
DocD: Unannounced
Chaosraven: Fight/Will 0/4. Cast Find Gate.
Stessier: Head to asylum for some rehab
Semaj: Unannounced
Isgrimnur: Move to merchant district and attack the gug.
GM Commentary:

Thanks to some prompt rules lawyering by Lars :D this turned into a fairly mild mythos turn with the net effect being simply a couple of monsters moving around and a 1 point increase on the doom track. 'Course, probably coulda done without that last bit...
Last edited by Gryndyl on Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:04 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Chaosraven

Re: Arkham Horror: Turn 9 Mythos; Fleetwood Mac plays Arkham

Post by Chaosraven »

Current Stats: Speed: 3 Sneak: 2 Fight: 1 Will: 3 Lore: 4 Luck: 2

Fight: 0 Will: 4

Find Gate: (casting modifier -1, sanity -1) On movement phase cast and exhaust to immediately return to Arkham from an Other World. You will get credit for having explored the Other World and have the opportunity to close the gate

And I haz Kluez!
"Where are you off to?"

Lars

Post by Lars »

I thought that there could only be one rumor in play at a time? Or are you just being mean and trying to kill us all? :D
Gryndyl

Post by Gryndyl »

Lars wrote:I thought that there could only be one rumor in play at a time? Or are you just being mean and trying to kill us all? :D
I had never heard that rule before but I looked it up and, sure enough, you are correct! Rules state that if a rumor is already in play, a second rumor card will be used only for gate and movement and that all of the text is otherwise ignored.

Modifying the mythos turn to reflect this :)

So, to make clear for any just glancing at this post...

The 'Good Work Undone' Rumor is no longer in effect!
Remus West

Re: Arkham Horror: Turn 9 Mythos has been corrected.

Post by Remus West »

Whooo hoooo Lars. :D

I will adjust my stats to raise my Lore to 5, use my voice of Ra spell to get +1 on all checks this turn and remain where I am to close the stupid gate.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Lars

Post by Lars »

Well, I'm going to shift 1 focus towards Sneak, so I think I should be at 3 Speed, 3 Sneak. I'm going to attempt to sneak past the creature in my square, as I have no magical weapons to hurt it, and attempt to go to Ma's Boarding House. I'm hoping I can get an encounter that will get me an ally, which we can use to get rid of the current rumor.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

How much is the semi-private room for a full heal?
Gryndyl

Post by Gryndyl »

Isgrimnur wrote:How much is the semi-private room for a full heal?
A bargain at only $2!

Granted, that's twice as much money as you have... :(
docD

Post by docD »

If there are no objections, I'll move to the science building and leap into the portal. Then I can use my gate spell to get back and close it.
stessier

Post by stessier »

I'm not going to be any help until I get my sanity back. I'll head to the Assylum and get a room for the night.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Move me to the Merchant district and I'll take down the Gug. Long term, I'm headed for the newspaper to try and get some money, since our kindly doctor is not on this plane of existence.
Gryndyl

Post by Gryndyl »

Docd: That's the gate that Chaosraven is currently in and returning from, likely this turn assuming he manages to cast his spell successfully.