BSG VI-II The Social -Cylons win in a rout

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Remus West

Re: BSG VI-II The Social -Chaos orgasm delayed. Cylons win

Post by Remus West »

theohall wrote:It was also suggesting the line of why wouldn't they attack "Athena?" That seemed very odd.
That one would be easy to deflect. The Cylons would likely know each of their kills after the first due to the scan ability. Thus they didn't go after Athena because they knew Starbuck was still alive and they couldn't interupt because they hadn't found her yet (Chaosraven made certain to set that last piece up with his questions regarding it).

Lassr, one issue with this set-up is the number of scans the Cylons get. Essentially at the end of the second night they have had 6 (given the Ellen "scan" on top of Leoben and D'anna) tries to find Starbuck - given that there are only 12 players that are not Cylons.......way to easy to find her. They have also had 4 regular scans of folks to narrow the pool of special/normal down. Bad guys scanning is a huge advantage. Bad guys having 3 times the number of scans as the good guys is extremely unbalanced imo.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

stessier wrote: Lynching Brendan today very clearly would have proven something - that he was a evil as otherwise we lose. That's where the house of cards collapses and everyone gets caught.

So there!
He would have turned up Cylon, just as Athena should.
His death was not going to show 'Evil Cylon'

am I missing something, or are you?
stessier

Post by stessier »

Unagi wrote:
stessier wrote: Lynching Brendan today very clearly would have proven something - that he was a evil as otherwise we lose. That's where the house of cards collapses and everyone gets caught.

So there!

You are. We had no more misses. If the game continued, he was evil.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Unagi wrote:

So there!

He's saying that, if killing me, they hadn't lost overnight (after the cylon kill), then I would have been demonstrated as evil, which then would've implicated you. That's true, although it doesn't change the fact that it's a plan that requires an enormous leap of faith.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Brendan wrote:He's saying that, if killing me, they hadn't lost overnight (after the cylon kill), then I would have been demonstrated as evil, which then would've implicated you. That's true, although it doesn't change the fact that it's a plan that requires an enormous leap of faith.
You say "leap of faith" like everything else in these games are based on a firm grasp of reality and logic. :lol:
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
stessier

Post by stessier »

Remus West wrote:Lassr, one issue with this set-up is the number of scans the Cylons get. Essentially at the end of the second night they have had 6 (given the Ellen "scan" on top of Leoben and D'anna) tries to find Starbuck - given that there are only 12 players that are not Cylons.......way to easy to find her. They have also had 4 regular scans of folks to narrow the pool of special/normal down. Bad guys scanning is a huge advantage. Bad guys having 3 times the number of scans as the good guys is extremely unbalanced imo.
As long as they can talk and exchange information, yes. Have all the Scanners (or some) secluded (like Number 12 used to be) and it could work.
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

stessier wrote:
Brendan wrote:He's saying that, if killing me, they hadn't lost overnight (after the cylon kill), then I would have been demonstrated as evil, which then would've implicated you. That's true, although it doesn't change the fact that it's a plan that requires an enormous leap of faith.
You say "leap of faith" like everything else in these games are based on a firm grasp of reality and logic. :lol:
Heh. Well, there will always be some faith required because frequently there's no data to go on - but in the case where there is data, it's typically (though obviously not always) in everyone's best interests to chase the most likely outcome. Killing me a day earlier would've made some sense because Gaeta could've autopsied me, but then that would've provided everyone else with the aforementioned two pools to work from, and I would suggest that most people would assume that I would try to hide a cylon in the "safe" pool.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Remus West wrote:
theohall wrote:It was also suggesting the line of why wouldn't they attack "Athena?" That seemed very odd.
That one would be easy to deflect. The Cylons would likely know each of their kills after the first due to the scan ability. Thus they didn't go after Athena because they knew Starbuck was still alive and they couldn't interupt because they hadn't found her yet (Chaosraven made certain to set that last piece up with his questions regarding it).

Lassr, one issue with this set-up is the number of scans the Cylons get. Essentially at the end of the second night they have had 6 (given the Ellen "scan" on top of Leoben and D'anna) tries to find Starbuck - given that there are only 12 players that are not Cylons.......way to easy to find her. They have also had 4 regular scans of folks to narrow the pool of special/normal down. Bad guys scanning is a huge advantage. Bad guys having 3 times the number of scans as the good guys is extremely unbalanced imo.
You are correct. I knew going in that the good guys would need to find Tyrol first because the Cylons had the advantage. Then you had to die on the first night. Nice going! :P

I'm happy with the roles except maybe Gaeta (but as I mentioned before the game I had him as a traitor role for a 3 sided game set). But obviously I need to mix and match the roles more for the next game. I was trying out a lot of my new roles to see how they worked, and I didn't learn much in this game due to the way it played out.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

stessier wrote:
If i was playing, Brendan would have received my vote on the last day. When the Cylons did not attack him or even send Ellen his way on the night after his reveal it would have raised a huge red flag with me. I would have took my chances and voted Brendan. I've screwed up enough games by voting wrong in the past, I'm immune to the humiliation now.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Lassr, you might try simply allowing Geata to know the identity of all night kills rather than having to use an action to check. That way he can not be blocked and he becomes a much higher priority for the Cylons to find.

Brendan, it didn't take that much of a leap to think about lynching you rather than your "Cylon". The play you made was based on the idea that the Cylons had missed every single scan or at best found only Geata. I already layed out how many scans you guys had and how easy it was to find Starbuck. Lynching you would simply have been playing the odds at that point.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Remus West wrote: Brendan, it didn't take that much of a leap to think about lynching you rather than your "Cylon". The play you made was based on the idea that the Cylons had missed every single scan or at best found only Geata. I already layed out how many scans you guys had and how easy it was to find Starbuck. Lynching you would simply have been playing the odds at that point.
I think I said something like this plan "strained credulity" in that it required the cylons to miss both Athena and Starbuck repeatedly over multiple days, but Unagi pointed out that people like hope. Human nature doomed you all to a lifetime of servitude to your machine masters.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Brendan wrote:
Remus West wrote: Brendan, it didn't take that much of a leap to think about lynching you rather than your "Cylon". The play you made was based on the idea that the Cylons had missed every single scan or at best found only Geata. I already layed out how many scans you guys had and how easy it was to find Starbuck. Lynching you would simply have been playing the odds at that point.
I think I said something like this plan "strained credulity" in that it required the cylons to miss both Athena and Starbuck repeatedly over multiple days, but Unagi pointed out that people like hope. Human nature doomed you all to a lifetime of servitude to your machine masters.
Doomed them. Them, not me. Death doomed me to, well, dying. :P
theohall

Post by theohall »

Lassr wrote:
stessier wrote:
If i was playing, Brendan would have received my vote on the last day. When the Cylons did not attack him or even send Ellen his way on the night after his reveal it would have raised a huge red flag with me. I would have took my chances and voted Brendan. I've screwed up enough games by voting wrong in the past, I'm immune to the humiliation now.
The Ellen thing - with her having those 4 free nights - there was never any chance of the Humans knowing if Ellen had done anything, anyway. We could not have known if Ellen visited Brendan, regardless of if he were human or cylon.
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

theohall wrote:
Lassr wrote:
stessier wrote:
The Ellen thing - with her having those 4 free nights - there was never any chance of the Humans knowing if Ellen had done anything, anyway. We could not have known if Ellen visited Brendan, regardless of if he were human or cylon.
We used Ellen on kenetickid that last day - if we'd actually blocked something, he'd have known, and then that would've seemed fishy. "They didn't try to kill him - or even block his scan?" Yes, if they knew Starbuck was probably still alive, that might cause them to forgo the kill attempt, but both?

Regardless, kk was human, so had no idea.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

theohall wrote:The Ellen thing - with her having those 4 free nights - there was never any chance of the Humans knowing if Ellen had done anything, anyway. We could not have known if Ellen visited Brendan, regardless of if he were human or cylon.
Except Ellen would have stopped the "scan" of Bubbles.
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Remus West wrote:
theohall wrote:The Ellen thing - with her having those 4 free nights - there was never any chance of the Humans knowing if Ellen had done anything, anyway. We could not have known if Ellen visited Brendan, regardless of if he were human or cylon.
Except Ellen would have stopped the "scan" of Bubbles.
Starbuck protects against both kills and ellen scans.

Per the rules:

"Ellen can be denied her nightly adventure by a Starbuck protection of that person."
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

theohall wrote:
Lassr wrote:
stessier wrote:
Athenas scan would have been interrupted (if she wasn't protected). But you are correct that if Starbuck really protected her and Ellen had a drug left then it would not be known who she slept with or attempted to sleep with. But as Remus pointed out, with so many scans the Cylons were bound to eliminate a special. Starbuck being the most vulnerable special.

Black Lives Matter
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

I was pretty sure brendan was spoofing.

No way to prove it since I really did expect to die. I was hoping people would realize the only viable solution was for him to say he didn't get scanned (as I posted), but he said he did and Remus came out and i knew we were hosed. Meh I tried to get people to slow down, but like always I am often ignored until death proves me. At least now I can take a long break and pretend what I say matters :)

I was debating posting a list that had Bubbles/Kene and Theo hoping to live... but when I accepted my fate I tried to more or less announce Remus had been whatshisname hoping they had already made their selection.

The real issue is once I got stopped I assumed I got scanned, forgetting while I only had 2 scan attempts they had 3 already.

I wasnt going to post shit because I was irked with how quickly railroads were going, but decided to post some interesting tidbits. My final days musings never got posted because lassr loves posting things on holidays, the jerk, lol I was very much going to out myself monday evening/night.
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.