BSG VI-II The Social -Cylons win in a rout

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Lassr

Re: BSG VI-II The Social -Chaos orgasm delayed. Cylons win

Post by Lassr »

spoiler forum is here:
I think I have the permissions turned off so everyone can see it.

http://bsg69.freeforums.org

This win was like the perfect storm for the Cylons.
Everything went right. (Killing Galen on the 1st day was unfortunate though, I was not able to see how he would have worked out in the game).

Was this rule set as enjoyable as the other rule sets?

A lot of my write ups were rushed this time due to time constraints. SO I don't think they were as funny or thought out as some of my others I've done.

Thanks for playing!
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
Mr Bubbles

Re: BSG VI-II The Social -Day 4 -semaj smeared

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Chaosraven wrote:
Mr Bubbles wrote::binky: :shock: :binky:
This coming five minutes after the vote is PRICELESS
Memorial Day, I thought no biggie I'll catch up later and bam I'm dead. I understand why the bad guys voted me, I'm shocked the good guys let me get steamrolled like that.

Oh and btw... Sorry redrun :oops: :)
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Good retort, Brendan.

See? The spirit of the game lives on in the real-world animosities and middling slights that we cultivate for our collective entertainment. :D
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Grundbegriff wrote:Good retort, Brendan.

See? The spirit of the game lives on in the real-world animosities and middling slights that we cultivate for our collective entertainment. :D
Haha. I just try to pay attention to the craft of role-spoofing! :D

After previous missteps, I re-read every post I make two or three times to minimize the risk of leaking information.
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Brendan wrote:
Grundbegriff wrote:Good retort, Brendan.

Haha. I just try to pay attention to the craft of role-spoofing! :D

After previous missteps, I re-read every post I make two or three times to minimize the risk of leaking information.
Join my LOST game. You haven't played anything like that yet.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Semaj should have told us he was Gaeta. Not telling us about Remus was a good play though.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

stessier wrote:Semaj should have told us he was Gaeta. Not telling us about Remus was a good play though.
He telegraphed it when he said he thought Remus was probably Tyrol.
stessier

Post by stessier »

And I was trying! I had two right!! But how do you contest a Athena claim on the first day? I would have lynched Brendan today though, Unagi's claim of Starbuck not withstanding.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

stessier wrote:And I was trying! I had two right!! But how do you contest a Athena claim on the first day? I would have lynched Brendan today though, Unagi's claim of Starbuck not withstanding.
And that would have turned suspicion on you and Scoop, thereby losing you the game anyway...
Grundbegriff

Post by Grundbegriff »

Everything would've been different if they hadn't killed me so early. My death was the turning point in the game.

Not really, but I felt that I had to say that for the sake of sustaining the legend/myth/rep/cred.
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

stessier wrote:Semaj should have told us he was Gaeta. Not telling us about Remus was a good play though.
He only had the Remus scan.

He was blocked by Ellen while trying to scan Grundbegriff, then killed the next night while trying to scan grundbegriff.

If he came out then it was assured the Cylons would kill him before he could find out if Athena was already dead. His hinting around it the day he had votes against him really did him in. Unagi caught onto it fairly quickly.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

Brendan wrote:
stessier wrote:And I was trying! I had two right!! But how do you contest a Athena claim on the first day? I would have lynched Brendan today though, Unagi's claim of Starbuck not withstanding.
And that would have turned suspicion on you and Scoop, thereby losing you the game anyway...
I disagree. Theo never would have let go of kenetickid. Bubbles could have voted anywhere. There were no guarantees.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Brendan wrote:
He telegraphed it when he said he thought Remus was probably Tyrol.
Yeah - easy to see when you know you've killed everyone else. Not so easy for a normal villager. :)
stessier

Post by stessier »

Unagi wrote:
stessier wrote:My bad - Unagi would have been a breeze to find after we lynched Brendan. I kind of skimmed once I saw Brendan's mistake - Unagi said he protected Brendan. Ta-da, another obvious lie.
Well - my gods, DUH!! (if you truly could reveal Brendan)

First, this was designed to give 2 of 4 of you reason enough to vote Bubbles today, that's all we needed.
Second, the D'Anna reveal was after Brendan faked waiting for Lassr to PM him the results of his "1 time day power - to learn the role of a cylon he just scanned."
Third, lynching Brendan wasn't ever going to tell anyone anything (actually annoying to us, as we could easily frame you and scoop with his death).
Fourth, we needed 1 day, this wasn't designed for distance - it was built for speed.
Something about this was bugging me (besides the arrogant "DUH" :P).

Lynching Brendan today very clearly would have proven something - that he was a evil as otherwise we lose. That's where the house of cards collapses and everyone gets caught.

So there!
redrun

Re: BSG VI-II The Social -Day 4 -semaj smeared

Post by redrun »

Mr Bubbles wrote: I understand why the bad guys voted me, I'm shocked the good guys let me get steamrolled like that.

Oh and btw... Sorry redrun :oops: :)
-- No problem. I couldn't understand why you were doing it, so after a bit attributed it to evil intentions... something for me to remember to be careful about doing. Must also remember to not get locked into a path of thought as to how the game is going (ie: being sure on day three that we were one day out from death and therefore accepting Brendan's claim). I should have pushed harder for a Chaos kill. Not sure how, but something to think about.

-- Thanks Lassr. It was an interesting game.
Sufficient I am to the day.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I blame theohall and kenetickid for distracting from finding higher value targets.
:tjg: Their argument distracted me from scanning anyone else, as I'm sure two humans wouldn't be going at each other like that... :grund:
It's almost as if people are the problem.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Isgrimnur wrote:
I blame theohall and kenetickid for distracting from finding higher value targets.
:tjg: Their argument distracted me from scanning anyone else, as I'm sure two humans wouldn't be going at each other like that... :grund:
Have you never seen theo play before??? :D
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

stessier wrote:
Unagi wrote:
stessier wrote:My bad - Unagi would have been a breeze to find after we lynched Brendan. I kind of skimmed once I saw Brendan's mistake - Unagi said he protected Brendan. Ta-da, another obvious lie.
Well - my gods, DUH!! (if you truly could reveal Brendan)

First, this was designed to give 2 of 4 of you reason enough to vote Bubbles today, that's all we needed.
Second, the D'Anna reveal was after Brendan faked waiting for Lassr to PM him the results of his "1 time day power - to learn the role of a cylon he just scanned."
Third, lynching Brendan wasn't ever going to tell anyone anything (actually annoying to us, as we could easily frame you and scoop with his death).
Fourth, we needed 1 day, this wasn't designed for distance - it was built for speed.
Something about this was bugging me (besides the arrogant "DUH" :P).

Lynching Brendan today very clearly would have proven something - that he was a evil as otherwise we lose. That's where the house of cards collapses and everyone gets caught.

So there!
Nah - lynching me on the last day would've demonstrated that I was evil, but why would they choose someone from a pool of 5, instead of a pool of 2 that I'd clearly selected? It was the double-reverse-feint.

And in any case, it would've been hard for you to sell lynching me - "Hay guyz, let's kill the guy who's given us uncontested information - yes, it might lose us the game outright, but if it doesn't, then we have all of this new information no new information from which to choose the next target!"
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Oh, and Lassr, I had a great time even despite your narsty prose. ;)
stessier

Post by stessier »

Brendan wrote:And in any case, it would've been hard for you to sell lynching me - "Hay guyz, let's kill the guy who's given us uncontested information - yes, it might lose us the game outright, but if it doesn't, then we have all of this new information no new information from which to choose the next target!"
No doubt - as proved by the lightening fast vote. But I would have liked the chance to try.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Non-sequitur: We have a production line here called Athena and I always get a little knot in my stomach when we talk about it. Just thought I'd share. :)
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

Brendan wrote:Oh, and Lassr, I had a great time even despite your narsty prose. ;)
everyone acts like they don't like it but when I left Baltar out of this game everyone was clamoring for him. Y'all are as sick as me, go ahead and admit it!

Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

Has it been mentioned yet that 4 free nights for Ellen are too much? At least I think so. Maybe half that much?
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Isgrimnur wrote:
If you get caught up in that thinking again then don't bother to scan the second, just get them lynched if the first turns up good. Then you have removed a distraction for everyone else as well as yourself - if they turn up evil it is merely a bonus.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Maybe everyone is busy (it is that time of year) and a little stunned over the cylon whitewash but there is a brand spanking new game waiting for some willing participants.

Check it out here: Possessed
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

stessier wrote:
Brendan wrote:And in any case, it would've been hard for you to sell lynching me - "Hay guyz, let's kill the guy who's given us uncontested information - yes, it might lose us the game outright, but if it doesn't, then we have all of this new information no new information from which to choose the next target!"
No doubt - as proved by the lightening fast vote. But I would have liked the chance to try.
Actually, lynching Brendan on the "last day" would also have given you Unagi since he claimed to have been Starbuck and protected Brendan who would have then been proven evil and thus outing Unagi's lie. Given those two I'm not certain Chaosraven doesn't get lynched due to being high on everyone's lists but we will never know due to itchy trigger fingers.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

stessier wrote:Has it been mentioned yet that 4 free nights for Ellen are too much? At least I think so. Maybe half that much?
It would have paid off if you could have nailed one Cylon. Starting night 5 she had to have sex without the drug. So if the game continued she would have started declaring people innocent or had to kill them immediately after the sex.

2 is too few but 3 might work better.

Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

Lassr wrote:
stessier wrote:Has it been mentioned yet that 4 free nights for Ellen are too much? At least I think so. Maybe half that much?
It would have paid off if you could have nailed one Cylon. Starting night 5 she had to have sex without the drug. So if the game continued she would have started declaring people innocent or had to kill them immediately after the sex.

Make her ability to sleep with someone optional?

It's probably just because of the perfect storm of losing all our Specials that it feels so overpowered. Feel free to ignore me as I'm still a little bitter. :D
Lassr

Post by Lassr »

stessier wrote:
Lassr wrote:

Make her ability to sleep with someone optional?

It's probably just because of the perfect storm of losing all our Specials that it feels so overpowered. Feel free to ignore me as I'm still a little bitter. :D
This was a bad game to test the new rules. Specials were eliminated before they could contribute and no bad Cylons were killed.

If it's optional there would be no drugs.

Black Lives Matter
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Remus West wrote:
stessier wrote:
Actually, lynching Brendan on the "last day" would also have given you Unagi since he claimed to have been Starbuck and protected Brendan who would have then been proven evil and thus outing Unagi's lie. Given those two I'm not certain Chaosraven doesn't get lynched due to being high on everyone's lists but we will never know due to itchy trigger fingers.
Ah, yes. Finally you find an error!
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

stessier wrote:
Brendan wrote:
I disagree. Theo never would have let go of kenetickid. Bubbles could have voted anywhere. There were no guarantees.
Indeed. My suspicion was on Brendan right away. I not once ever entertained that Brendan was telling the truth. I would most definitely would have gone after Unagi after that. Your timing was suspect Brendan and thats what made it seem contrived. Unfortunately my first was off. I have to admit not knowing redrun and KK well distracted me.
“The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.”
Bertrand Russell
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Mr Bubbles wrote:
stessier wrote:
Brendan wrote:
Indeed. My suspicion was on Brendan right away. I not once ever entertained that Brendan was telling the truth. I would most definitely would have gone after Unagi after that. Your timing was suspect Brendan and thats what made it seem contrived. Unfortunately my first was off. I have to admit not knowing redrun and KK well distracted me.
Hmm. The timing was the least contrived thing about the reveal - you're telling me you would have assumed that both my named "humans" were non-cylons? And that a cylon Athena pretender wouldn't have just named a human outright as a cylon?
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

Brendan wrote:
Mr Bubbles wrote:
stessier wrote:
Brendan wrote:
Hmm. The timing was the least contrived thing about the reveal - you're telling me you would have assumed that both my named "humans" were non-cylons? And that a cylon Athena pretender wouldn't have just named a human outright as a cylon?
Yep precisely because thats what I would be led to believe. And as it turns out I was right, so I see no reason whatsoever to doubt my thinking. Sorry you didn't think it was contrived, but I did and ultimately I was right, although I didn't get much use out of, because I was muzzled really quick.
Bertrand Russell
theohall

Post by theohall »

stessier wrote:
Brendan wrote:
Actually, when he joined me on the Chaosraven vote at the end, I was perfectly ready to let it go. I am an idiot though for following the Bubbles thing the last day.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Remus West wrote:
Isgrimnur wrote:
If you get caught up in that thinking again then don't bother to scan the second, just get them lynched if the first turns up good. Then you have removed a distraction for everyone else as well as yourself - if they turn up evil it is merely a bonus.
While I did make that mistake the third night, it didn't make a difference since I ended up dead. Semaj was night one, then KK. If I had lived, I would have outed to form a four-person block for voting. I did pick sides on Day 2 by backing KK, which I was hoping people would pick up on and continue.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Mr Bubbles

Post by Mr Bubbles »

theohall wrote:
stessier wrote:
Brendan wrote:
Actually, when he joined me on the Chaosraven vote at the end, I was perfectly ready to let it go. I am an idiot though for following the Bubbles thing the last day.
You didn't need me to be an idiot.. you could have done that on your own :wink: :lol:
Bertrand Russell
theohall

Post by theohall »

Brendan wrote:
Remus West wrote:
stessier wrote:
Suspected this long ago. Right after voting for Mr Bubbles, mistakenly.
theohall

Post by theohall »

Mr Bubbles wrote:
theohall wrote:
stessier wrote:
Brendan wrote:
You didn't need me to be an idiot.. you could have done that on your own :wink: :lol:
I was referring to me being an idiot following everyone else's vote, just so ya know. ;) What kind of fool (me), votes for CR, then changes his vote because they guy he thinks is a cylon is willing to kill someone else he thinks is a cylon. :roll: at myself.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

theohall wrote:
Brendan wrote:
Remus West wrote:
stessier wrote:
Except if they were telling the truth Starbuck wouldn't have died in protecting Athena, merely prevented the attack. Starbuck only dies if she protects an evil Cylon not a good one (Tyrol preconvert to evil or Athena both count towards good).
theohall

Post by theohall »

Remus West wrote:
theohall wrote:
Brendan wrote:
Remus West wrote:
stessier wrote:
Except if they were telling the truth Starbuck wouldn't have died in protecting Athena, merely prevented the attack. Starbuck only dies if she protects an evil Cylon not a good one (Tyrol preconvert to evil or Athena both count towards good).
It was also suggesting the line of why wouldn't they attack "Athena?" That seemed very odd.