GAME OVER - QUICKIE

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Newcastle

Re: GAME OVER - QUICKIE

Post by Newcastle »

theohall wrote:
Newcastle wrote:nice scan remus. well done. kind of stinks i got caught like that...but meh. them's the breaks. And theohall...to answer your question...strategery, semaj accurately pointed it out the reason why. The odds were people were going to think that the other mafia guy was not on that vote...and that was correct...i didnt want to off my partner that quick...so i had to redirect and cause a bit of confusion. Eventually the idea would get kicked around that maybe the killer was not on the vote...and there were arguments to be made to hang suspicions on everyone who had voted from 1-5, i was going to play up on that.
The problem with that strategy - by killing Isgrimnur, the FBI guy only has to scan one of two more most likely suspects - with you knowing you are the lone bad guy in the group. If Remus scans Semaj and reports Townfolk (not sure if he would), you would have to do some serious convincing to get us not to lynch you, regardless.

I get you wanted us to think it was someone on the KK vote. IMO, that did not make sense given the small size of the field in this game. Kill someone on the KK vote and there are still three - instead of two - most likely bad guys.
this game is based on misdirection also theo...if the day had developed, i bet the thinking would have gone around, and people would have wondered why narrow the pool? and i was betting on that. It could have worked and stand by it. Also, even if i had nailed someone from the 5, folks would have turned on my the pool of the 3. I had to do something to shift the game. It is frequent for wolves to be on the train to kill other wolves. So narrow my hiding spot at the possibility of directing attention away from me? Or narrow the larger pool and insure people's scrutiny?

Losing my partner also meatn it was only me left, so i had to do as much to keep folks offbalance in the game.

That's why i didnt take out remus, and really was a main factor in my choosing between Isg. & Remus. Once i had made the choice to narrow the non voting pool, it was who do i nail? Figured semaj could talk himself into getting lynched, but Isg. was a much cooler customer. I figured also everyone who had voted could easily be voted off. Also if i had lasted the day would have probably taken out bubblese or remus to shake things up a bit.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

also i wanted to add in order for me to win i had to survive 3 lynches, so I had to figure some strategy out that would get me to that point. Also, I didnt get the night kill information, so ididnt know if i killed the FBI guy. And also the other little factor, i was lookin out for the seer, and thought maybe isg. could be the fbi guy. So lots of little reasons.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

Pshah, I'm way better at not talking myself into a quick death
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.