Boondock Saints as WW Rules brainstorm

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Arcanis

Boondock Saints as WW Rules brainstorm

Post by Arcanis »

Seeing Chaos's FBI and Mafia game i had a flash about running a WW game with a Boondock Saints theme. It would involve the brothers being the wolves and the village being the mafia. To make it a bit different I'm also adding in the Russian Mob. While I want to give the brothers some thematic powers, everything I came up with wouldn't balance very well.

Team Saints:
Connor: Powers
Murphy: Powers
Rocco: Seer for Team Boondock, Scan reveals Seer, Protector, or Lacky.

Team Italian:
Don "Papa" Joe Yakavetta: Seer, scan reveals Italian, Russian, or Saints
Vincenzo Lapazzi: Protector, protection of a Russian team member fails. Can't protect same person twice in a row.

Team Russian:
The Fat Man: Russina Seer, scan reveals Italian, Russian, or Saints
Ivan Checkov: Protector, Protection of Italian team member fails. Can't protect same person twice in a row.

Free lancer:
Il Duce: Coroner, scans 1 dead person a night to determine role and team. Will join the first team to scan him for the rest of the game.

victory conditions:
When the Saints > total mobsters (Saints win) [fastest victory would be Night 4 for all mob lynches and converting Duce]
If the Saints are all killed the team with the most remaining players (Italian or Russian) Wins.
If there is a tie then the team with the most remaining specials (seer or protector) wins.
If it is still a tie then it is mutual annihilation and the citizens of Boston win (exception is unconverted IlDuce wins). :wink:

This is what i have right now. Still looking for Powers for the brothers. Maybe i should drop the Russians? Different end game considerations? Looking at 3 lackies per mob team for a total of 14 players with 1 to be knocked off the first night.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."--George Orwell
Kenetickid

Re: Boondock Saints as WW Rules brainstorm

Post by Kenetickid »

Since it doesnt seem like either mob has the power to do so I would assume that the saints would get the option of a night kill?

or they get the night kill option and they get a once per game day kill
The world is a swirling maelstrom of death and decay. It's inhabitants feed upon each other in a vile feast of flesh and blood. We should all live this way because it is the way of the universe that the strong survive and the weak PERISH!

Remember, Cthulhu saves too...........He just saves you for last.
Kenetickid

Post by Kenetickid »

of giving conner the day kill option and murphy being the team protector?
The world is a swirling maelstrom of death and decay. It's inhabitants feed upon each other in a vile feast of flesh and blood. We should all live this way because it is the way of the universe that the strong survive and the weak PERISH!

Remember, Cthulhu saves too...........He just saves you for last.
Arcanis

Post by Arcanis »

they would get a night kill each night and all players vote during the day.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."--George Orwell
luoxiaosang

Post by luoxiaosang »

spam be gone
Last edited by $iljanus on Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
purge

Post by purge »

You should also have the FBI agent, and the police. They're looking for the wolves too. I'd put the Russian and Italian mafia together; were it not for the brothers they would be working together.