Bizarro Werewolf - The Rise of the Spirits

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

stessier

Bizarro Werewolf - The Rise of the Spirits

Post by stessier »

So, Semaj said it would be cool if the Spirits could not only talk, but vote. From his lips to God's a Mod's ears. :D

What about this:

10 Players: 7 Good, 3 Wolves

Wolves make a kill each night. They can kill Good or Wolf.

Each day, the Spirits vote for who will be BANISHED - a fate worse than death! The Banished player is out of the game. Alignment of Banished - Wolf or Good - will be announced.

Possible Good Powers
  • Seer - Each night, scans a living player and learns alignment
  • Mortician - Each night, scans a dead (not Banished) player and learns alignment
  • Witch - Twice during the game, can cast a spell and learn how many Wolves remain alive
Possible Evil Powers
  • Wolf Seer - Each night, scans a living player and learns role
  • Wolf Witch - Once during the game, can cast a spell and learn how many Wolves remain alive
Game starts at Night. Wolves make a kill. Day 1, the dead Spirit is responsible for Banishing a player.
Night 2, Wolves kill. Day 2, there are 2 Spirits to vote.

Banishment occurs once majority vote is reached (Days 1 & 2 it will have to be unanimous).
Banished players cannot speak or interact with the game.
Dead players lose all earthly powers, but can continue to talk and (obviously) vote.

Wolves win when living Wolves => Living Villagers.
Villagers win when all Wolves dead or Banished.

I'm sure there are holes since I just thought of this over dinner, but I wonder what people think. Shaking up the old formula is always fun. :D
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Kenetickid

Re: Bizarro Werewolf - The Rise of the Spirits

Post by Kenetickid »

so the majority vote removes the player from the game, but the wolves kill leaves the player still able to vote, but unable to discuss.

So basically the wolves killing someone doesn't remove the player from voting only the majority can stop a player "participating"
The world is a swirling maelstrom of death and decay. It's inhabitants feed upon each other in a vile feast of flesh and blood. We should all live this way because it is the way of the universe that the strong survive and the weak PERISH!

Remember, Cthulhu saves too...........He just saves you for last.
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

You made this way more complicated than I envisioned... lol

I pictured a starting ghost pool... or the night 1 kill being the ghost pool. Then every person that dies as a goodun gets added to it... (I imagined how gross a lot of powered individuals would end up being, but if we keep it simpler it wont be inane).

They determine the majority.. with the villagers settling all ties... via the one who had the most voted previous to death. I would prefer if its even maybe we could do a majority +1 so you need 2 of 2, 3 of 4, 4 of 6....... It just feels kinda hard, but if the ghosts are in agreement, it'll go quickly.

Anyways... In theory every person argues and bickers for a set time limit, trying to make a case for the people they find evil and then wait to see who dies.

The other option is:
The villagers decide on 2 or 3 people to go up for elimination, kinda like american idol... then the "fans" get to vote... which by the way may be the funniest thing I have ever heard in history as I write this. The fans are to be determined.. Maybe a gang or throng of 13-15 people, 10-12 playing, 3 voting. God can you imagine the american idol werewolf game?

Issues/thoughts:
Villagers feeling as if they have no say in what occurs.
What powered roles are suddenly overpowered? Would we allow anyone other than the seer into the voting group?
How about starting with a 1 person panel and certain specials have a chance of going to the voting panel... like 100% until it's full then they flat out die.
Lots of pressure on the voting panel... the game hinges on them.
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Kenetickid wrote:so the majority vote removes the player from the game, but the wolves kill leaves the player still able to vote, but unable to discuss.
I thought about having silent :binky:, but went with letting them speak in my version. Maybe silent is better?
So basically the wolves killing someone doesn't remove the player from voting only the majority can stop a player "participating"
Correct.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

My first thought is that night 1 the wolves kill one of their own. That way they control who gets booted day 1 and probably day 2 as well since they won't vote out their own. So that is two misses used right there that the wolves control.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
stessier

Post by stessier »

Semaj wrote:You made this way more complicated than I envisioned... lol
:lol: Did you look at what you just wrote.
I pictured a starting ghost pool... or the night 1 kill being the ghost pool. Then every person that dies as a goodun gets added to it... (I imagined how gross a lot of powered individuals would end up being, but if we keep it simpler it wont be inane).
That's what I have, except Day kills are gone, Night Kills are the pool. The problem I see with only Good getting added to the ghost pool is that anything they say will have to be accepted. So if we give any powers to Good, there will be no question about them once they are dead. No role spoofing means wolves have less place to hide.
They determine the majority.. with the villagers settling all ties... via the one who had the most voted previous to death. I would prefer if its even maybe we could do a majority +1 so you need 2 of 2, 3 of 4, 4 of 6....... It just feels kinda hard, but if the ghosts are in agreement, it'll go quickly.
Ghosts are unlikely to agree. They don't in life - why in death? :)
The other option is:
The villagers decide on 2 or 3 people to go up for elimination, kinda like american idol... then the "fans" get to vote... which by the way may be the funniest thing I have ever heard in history as I write this. The fans are to be determined.. Maybe a gang or throng of 13-15 people, 10-12 playing, 3 voting. God can you imagine the american idol werewolf game?
Chaos mentioned a live game he was in where once someone was accused, everyone had to immediately vote on that person - yay or nay. Unagi brought in a point that it would be cool if that was the only time that person could be accused that day. So if they live through one vote, they are safe until the next day. Makes for some interesting strategy I think.
Issues/thoughts:
Good point. Not sure how to handle that. Any ideas?
What powered roles are suddenly overpowered? Would we allow anyone other than the seer into the voting group?
In my scheme, wolves can be killed and join the voting group. And Day Kills are out of the game. Both let/encourage spoofing occur in the living and dead. But all Specials should lose all powers once they are dead.
How about starting with a 1 person panel and certain specials have a chance of going to the voting panel... like 100% until it's full then they flat out die.
Not sure what you are suggesting here. Can you flesh it out more?
stessier

Post by stessier »

Remus West wrote:My first thought is that night 1 the wolves kill one of their own. That way they control who gets booted day 1 and probably day 2 as well since they won't vote out their own. So that is two misses used right there that the wolves control.
Decrease the number of wolves then? Only 2 in a 10 player game? Maybe require the First Night Kill be human? Would 1 proven player break it all?
Semaj

Post by Semaj »

stessier wrote:
Semaj wrote:You made this way more complicated than I envisioned... lol
:lol: Did you look at what you just wrote.
Almost never :)
stessier wrote:
That's what I have, except Day kills are gone, Night Kills are the pool. The problem I see with only Good getting added to the ghost pool is that anything they say will have to be accepted. So if we give any powers to Good, there will be no question about them once they are dead. No role spoofing means wolves have less place to hide.
I've read it twice and I have no clue what it meant... what I really read was: Lots of ways to make the werewolves lives difficult, but in theory all you really need to do is vote them off of the live pile to win, so the ghost pile is flavor text.
stessier wrote:
Ghosts are unlikely to agree. They don't in life - why in death? :)
The real issue in a werewolf game is no one trusts anyone. The ghost pile is only populated by goods or a majority of goods. Thus it owuld be very very hard for people not to work as a semi-collective. The older you are a ghost the stronger your beliefs and whatnot in who should die. The new guys will fight tooth and ail for thier guys and might be able to convince otherwise. Those boards would be interesting to read. Since at the end of the day you can say someone is wrong, but you cant say they are a wolf/toaster/bad guy.

stessier wrote:
The other option is:
Chaos mentioned a live game he was in where once someone was accused, everyone had to immediately vote on that person - yay or nay. Unagi brought in a point that it would be cool if that was the only time that person could be accused that day. So if they live through one vote, they are safe until the next day. Makes for some interesting strategy I think.
How would that work in this version? Thats how normal werewolf in theory is played. It keeps people serious about votes for the most part.
stessier wrote:
Issues/thoughts:
Good point. Not sure how to handle that. Any ideas?
Well if I could figure it out, it wouldn't be an issue, lol. That would be the point to the americain idol version, you put up the guys you most expect to be a wolf, and the ghosts vote. Otherwise, maybe they can vote for 1 person who _cant_ be killed.

Me I just picture how crazy the seer gambit would end up going.
stessier wrote:
In my scheme, wolves can be killed and join the voting group. And Day Kills are out of the game. Both let/encourage spoofing occur in the living and dead. But all Specials should lose all powers once they are dead.
Aye, but once they are dead, if a werewolf tries to spoof the role of someone he has killed he dies instantly.
stessier wrote:
Not sure what you are suggesting here. Can you flesh it out more?
OK we have a pool of 13 people
the roles are assigned as followed:
3 Wolves
1 Seer
4 People who can become ghosts
1 Starting Ghost
4 Regular people.

the first 2 people who can become ghosts who die to werewolf or to day execution are now part of the voting panel. The other two are hosed more than the Bills chances of winning a superbowl.

How much conversation are we allowing the ghosts? Do they get their own boards, do they just get a vote? This really matters... IF we want to work on it, tis fine and dandy, maybe your side works best, but my original vision is only the ghosts determine who dies during the day.
Some claim to be things they aren't.
Some claim things they don't deserve.
Some claim to know more than they ever will.
I don't claim anything, because no one would believe the truth anyways.
luoxiaosang

Post by luoxiaosang »

sigh more spam
Last edited by $iljanus on Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
miltonite

Post by miltonite »

Remus West wrote:My first thought is that night 1 the wolves kill one of their own. That way they control who gets booted day 1 and probably day 2 as well since they won't vote out their own. So that is two misses used right there that the wolves control.
The only way I see to stop this possibility is to, if possible, hide the identities of the wolves from each other. They can have their own forum where they have names such as wolf 1-3 and they all throw a name out there they want dead and kill one off that way. That way it is possible they will vote off one of their own and maybe not. It will add a luck chance to the wolves but after a few votes they will more than likely know who the wolves are which makes it alright later in the game. This is just to keep the wolves from taking control of the ghost group at the start.
"Only in a geek forum could we talk about the camcorder's battery life ruining our suspension of disbelief, while totally accepting the gigantic impenetrable monster." -YK

"Isg, set research engines to ludicrous speed!!" -DD*
purge

Post by purge »

I have a game idea that I'm working on (credit to this thread for giving it to me).

A witch
A dead wolf
A living wolf with a scratch power
3 dead np humans
4+ living np humans

Banishment, Lynch and nighttime kills.

100% awesome.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Ooo, what is banishment?
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
purge

Post by purge »

I'm going to reveal details on it when it's ready. Where's the lineup? I'll run a game (for once).